Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4367367 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
topsy23:

Very easy to identify for those that use/sell them often, some of them are lighter than original cable in weight and with the use magnet.
A magnet can only tell you if there is an iron content in the length of conductor.
The greater number of high grade imported clones are non-magnetic copper "alloys" .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2017
allCopacetic:

A magnet can only tell you if there is an iron content in the length of conductor.
The greater number of high grade imported clones are non-magnetic copper "alloys" .

very correct boss.. magnet can only do a little
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Then that is neither a business man nor decent human being, but a shyster and fraudster.
Lol, true chief.

But our integrity issue is not limited to traders or local commerce alone. It plays out in our politics, religion, public office, and daily interactions. It really shouldn't come as a suprise. What you see in business is a reflection on a larger scale.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
jabolo:

It seems even electrical installers so used to the fake products are now confused about what is quality and what is not. I'll drop you a mail later about an ongoing "Coleman" vs "Colman" wahala.

Lol, alright chief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
allCopacetic:

Lol, true chief.

But our integrity issue is not limited to traders or local commerce alone. It plays out in our politics, religion, public office, and daily interactions. It really shouldn't come as a suprise. What you see in business is a reflection on a larger scale.

That Sir is true, unfortunately.

The apple rots from the inside.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

That Sir is true, unfortunately.

The apple rots from the inside.
Absolutely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:15am On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I hear you, Sir, and you're right.

There's just something about me and that Nigeria, I can't seem to get as much done when on the ground, even with the best of intentions. It's an energy sucking edifice, that Nigeria.

It doesn't help too that the factories are in Lagos, a city I abhor.

I just wish the factory had direct outlets in other major cities.

There is always a solution to everything in life... when you are ready... I can arrange with my brother if it Nigerchin...
And probably I can tell my cousin you know deliver it to you. Nigerchin is at Ikeja, and I know you hate/love Lagos.
I want you to obtain original cables o; house fire not be joke... I never had one and pray not to have any, and you too.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 22, 2017
mufutau55:

There is always a solution to everything in life... when you are ready... I can arrange with my brother if it Nigerchin...
And probably I can tell my cousin you know deliver it to you. Nigerchin is at Ikeja, and I know you hate/love Lagos.
I want you to obtain original cables o; house fire not be joke... I never had one and pray not to have any, and you too.

Hajji M.

Thank you, Sir. "Agba Ki Wa Loja, Ki Ori Omo Tuntun Wo".

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:05am On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thank you, Sir. "Agba Ki Wa Loja, Ki Ori Omo Tuntun Wo".

Thank you Boss.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 22, 2017
mufutau55:

Thank you Boss.

Hajji M.

I had a fleeting idea for Mr. Biodun to bring cables down from me with the windows but I thought that might be crossing professional lines.

BTW, he was onsite with me in May to adjust some of the windows. Just a very nice person all around. Thank you for the recommendation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:25am On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I had a fleeting idea for Mr. Biodun to bring cables down from me with the windows but I thought that might be crossing professional lines.
BTW, he was onsite with me in May to adjust some of the windows. Just a very nice person all around. Thank you for the recommendation.

That will work too... They all take me as brother, it has passed professional dealings now... he will gladly do it.
My brother can collect it and he will pick it up from him... and deliver it.
He had delivered some goods with windows to Ilorin for me before... no problem at all. Well trusted too...
Anyway when you are ready, there are lots of alternatives.... problem will be solved.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 6:46am On Jun 22, 2017
mufutau55:

I can answer some of this for AllCopacetic... Buy from him (Pay to him) and then pickup the cables from the Coleman factory. And he always want you to pickup from the factory... I and friends have done this with him. Also another Agent for Nigerchin. That is the only way you can be sure of genuine cables.

Hajji M.

This is nothing near the answer to the question.

What l am looking for, is a direct re-assurance from him, or otherwise.

Let him answer by himself or na you dey sell the stuff?
grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2017
allCopacetic:

Just like there is no guarantee that every acclaimed Man of God is righteous.
There will be a handful of distributors that will play on both teams, especially if your "Aroro" is too much or your pricing is unrealistic.
Rather than loose the business, they might sell you clones, because they figure that's what you're gonna end up buying at that price anyways. especially where very large volumes are concerned.

I emphasised YOU (You, Alcopacetic) in my post.
I want to know how you do yours.
The question was directed at YOU, and how YOU practice your business.

I repeat: Are YOU saying that when we buy from YOU (Alcopacetic), that there is NO 100% GUARANTEE that we will be getting the original stuff?

Just answer directly Sir and let other Suppliers deal/speak for themselves.

We need to know who we can vouch for, as in 100%

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2017
Daboomb:

I emphasised YOU (You, Alcopacetic) in my post.
I want to know how you do yours.
The question was directed at YOU, and how YOU practice your business.

I repeat: Are YOU saying that when we buy from YOU (Alcopacetic), that there is NO 100% GUARANTEE that we will be getting the original stuff?

Just answer directly Sir and let other Suppliers deal/speak for themselves.

We need to know who we can vouch for, as in 100%
Oh, then I understood you out of context Sir. I made a blanket statement to infer that integrity issue can come up, which was why my response was general.

Speaking of guarantees, I prefer to let my reputation speak. no seller would admit to selling you fakes in the first place. It's not difficult to come out and shout integrity integrity

But since you insist on a direct answer, let me be VERY categorical smiley

"ALL" our Cables are supplied by the Factory, So they are 100% guaranteed to be authentic.
We do not directly or indirectly sell or encourage the sale of adulterated cables (which infact greatly affect our business)
If our pricing does not work, it's goodbye and thanks for considering us.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 10:56am On Jun 22, 2017
diordaves:

Grove walls can be beautiful. They make a statement. I adopted same with my fence work.

looks really good. The workmanship very ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 11:00am On Jun 22, 2017
set2build:
view current prices of building materials today June 22nd, 2017. go to www.set2build.com/market-prices.
mobile view enabled.

also follow us on our social media handles:
facebook www.facebook.com/set2build
instagram: @set2build
Twitter: @set2build
BBM Channel:C0027E031

www.set2build.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2017
Daboomb:

This is nothing near the answer to the question.

What l am looking for, is a direct re-assurance from him, or otherwise.

Let him answer by himself or na you dey sell the stuff?
grin grin

Sorry if you dont like the response. I am just telling you the process I and others went thru to make sure we dont get any fake, also for the benefit of the others.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 11:51am On Jun 22, 2017
set2build:
set2build:
view current prices of building materials today June 22nd, 2017. go to www.set2build.com/market-prices.
mobile view enabled.

also follow us on our social media handles:
facebook www.facebook.com/set2build
instagram: @set2build
Twitter: @set2build
BBM Channel:C0027E031

www.set2build.com

that site doesnt open
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
spyder880:

In Nigeria, you just pack into the new house as soon as you like, completed or not. The only people who come to inspect are the religious groups, family and friends during house warming parties. No form of government inspection after construction.

They do it in Lagos. Although it's not firm yet and you can bribe your way out. LASBCA issues you a form which must be completed and submitted before a new building can be moved into. I have the form. Will post it once I lay hands on it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

And this brings up an interesting question.

When you finish building, do you get a certificate of occupancy or you just simply pack in?

I know it exists in Lagos but it isn't all that strictly followed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
set2build:

looks really good. The workmanship very ok

This is encouraging. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
Just in: Building collapse in Ajegunle.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
KolaShangOne:
Just in: Building collapse in Ajegunle.

May God save us from building collapse here and there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
"As efforts continue to find permanent housing for those made homeless by the fire, the government said Wednesday that 68 apartments in a luxury London housing complex in Kensington Row would be allocated to Grenfell Tower residents."

Ile oba tojo, ewa lo busi.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
My oga how many people your brother can help in obtaining original cables, when you broke this new to me. What was my response to you? It's about time to start locking up these criminals that as know regards for human life and properties, from government officials to the importers. My first question was how do they get those cables in to the country in the first place. Imagine those useless SON governments agency coming out like it something new. Can anyone be hold responsible for all those life that has been lost with these criminals minded people action? People comment crime, loot treasures get away with it and became important personally in the society without paying for their crime that was brought that country to what it is today. Just look at that kidnaper case, that is Nigeria of today for you. That is the only country that one can became billionaires overnight, take one billion to bank with no questions ask where one get it. I dey busy in office, not time to keep writing all this long essays note.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nigeria won, I just finished turning my site into a prison like place angry

Anyways, if anyone is in Ibadan and environs I can reasonable recommend the seller and installer of the fence wire, though I always ask folks to do their own due diligence.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:
"As efforts continue to find permanent housing for those made homeless by the fire, the government said Wednesday that 68 apartments in a luxury London housing complex in Kensington Row would be allocated to Grenfell Tower residents."

Ile oba tojo, ewa lo busi.

You no serious.

Anyway, the government has no choice. The government is weakened with no majority in parliament and the wicked use of cheap banned cladding with the needless human cost tied the government's hand. If not trust the nasty Tories, survivors would have been posted hundreds of kilometres away from thier family/friends support network. The Tory party is indeed nasty.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
allCopacetic:

"ALL" our Cables are supplied by the Factory, So they are 100% guaranteed to be authentic.
We do not directly or indirectly sell or encourage the sale of adulterated cables (which infact greatly affect our business)
If our pricing does not work, it's goodbye and thanks for considering us.

I have documented the moniker o. Thanks Hajji M o for letting us know this man o. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Seconded!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
folmus:

I have documented the moniker o. Thanks Hajji M o for letting us know this man o. grin grin grin grin grin
Dont worry keep supplying your genuine part, we are here to DEFEND YOU anytime any day. YOUR LOGO na quilting and TRUST, and TESTED.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
allCopacetic:

Just like there is no guarantee that every acclaimed Man of God is righteous.
There will be a handful of distributors that will play on both teams, especially if your "Aroro" is too much or your pricing is unrealistic.
Rather than loose the business, they might sell you clones, because they figure that's what you're gonna end up buying at that price anyways. especially where very large volumes are concerned.
Dont worry keep supplying your genuine part, we are here to DEFEND YOU anytime any day. YOUR LOGO na quilting and TRUST, and TESTED.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
folmus:

Allcopacetic has supplied me a lot of electrical materials and cables all the way from Lagos to Enugu. 100% original from the company.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Blessedsunny2(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.