Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4363986 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
oyb:

if its an android phone

https://www.google.com/android/find

this assumes phone is on.

you can also install google find my device to a friends phone, and try to track it.
wow! this is great,will try it now but pls can I try it on a borrowed phone?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Timtol:

wow! this is great,will try it now but pls can I try it on a borrowed phone?

yes. enter find my device on a friends google playstore

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bossman(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
Actually, it seems like everything was better off 30 years ago. Be it electricity, health care, water, roads, even freaking corruption (not as bad as it is today). There is a church in every corner - A lot of Nigerians have lost hope and have been falsely led to believe that GOD is the only one that can make things better. Absolute nonsense! You can pray till tomorrow and even live in the church - without a proactive effort to analyse problems and come up with a solution, and implement that solution, Nigeria will continue to be in this mess.

PS. There is a thread on the front page about some hospital refusing to treat or even accept an accident victim. Lives have been lost because of this Madness!

GoodFaith:

Just electricity Please
Good water NO
Roads
Security
Healthy Care
Corruption will kill all Nigerian including me
Selfish nation and people
electricity was better off 30 year ago
We are moving backward
We had less churches 30 years ago
Today we have more churches
Pure Evil

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
An interesting video, if you have time and data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZSjoPSDUdI
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2018
AngelicBeing:

Security of lives is my first priority anywhere in the world, in Nigeria you need Opc, tall gates and walls like the Berlin Wall, armed police men, Angel Michael,
Holy Ghost fire, Koranic verses, voodoo or juju, German Shepherd etc to secure your life and it cost money to provide all this and even at that, you can still get killed despite all your security apparatus surrounding you and the police might not be able to fish out the killers sad

The above might be right about Nigeria but...

I mean, are you safer, say in America?

or is it not the same America, despite all the light, good roads, security, e.t.c, that people get murdered in large numbers, almost on a weekly basis?

Be it in Schools, on the Beach, at a Discoteque, just name it and there is a mutherfucker with an Assault Rifle, spraying bullets indiscriminately.

And to make it worse, if "you" are dark-skinned (l did not say "Black"wink like Trayvon Martins or other black folks used as 'target practice' by either Caucasian Police or their racist, White supremacist friends who think just because your skin is dark, you deserve to be mowed down like a chicken, then you are better-of dying in Nigeria! grin grin

In Nigeria, you are certain you wont ever be killed by the Police or some random person ...just for the single reason that the color of your skin is "dark"!
You can even negotiate with thieves afterall, they are in business to make money. undecided undecided

If l am shot in a robbery, l know they are after my money
If l am attacked on the streets, maybe they want my Phone or that Gold chain (l wont carry it or put it on next time)

...But to be shot by my neighbour, who l have no grudge against or the Police/neighbourhood watch, ....just because l am 'dark skinned' and dont look like them, is most dehumanising!
and it would be most ignorant if one does not know that they cant do a damn thing about the color of their skin
. shocked angry

Seriously, l love my Nigeria-die. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
@Daboomb, I enjoy reading your post on here because of your concise and indepeth insight in various disciplines but like what FastShipping posted yesterday, I only enjoy the local food and few daughters of Eve when I am in Nigeria, apart from that nothing interest me in that country, Lol at negotiating with thieves, some thieves even request for pot of soup and Semovita when robbing in Nigeria because of the hunger in the land grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
Daboomb:

or is it not the same America, despite all the light, good roads, security, e.t.c, that people get murdered in large numbers, almost on a weekly basis?

Be it in Schools, on the Beach, at a Discoteque, just name it and there is a mutherfucker with an Assault Rifle, spraying bullets indiscriminately.

And to make it worse, if "you" are dark-skinned (l did not say "Black"wink like Trayvon Martins or other black folks used as 'target practice' by either Caucasian Police or their racist, White supremacist friends who think just because your skin is dark, you deserve to be mowed down like a chicken, then you are better-of dying in Nigeria! grin grin

In Nigeria, you are certain you wont ever be killed by the Police or some random person ...just for the single reason that the color of your skin is "dark"!
You can even negotiate with thieves afterall, they are in business to make money. undecided undecided

If l am attacked on the streets, maybe they want my Phone or that Gold chain (l wont carry it or put it on next time)

...But to be shot by my neighbour, who l have no grudge against or the Police/neighbourhood watch, ....just because l am 'dark skinned' and dont look like them, is most dehumanising!
and it would be most ignorant if one does not know that they cant do a damn thing about the color of their skin
. shocked angry

We all love Nigeria die but Nigeria is killing all of us
Get really
we need help
corruption is putting all Nigerians 14ft below
Me and Me killing all of us
Greedy destructing infrastructure

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
AngelicBeing:
@Daboomb, I enjoy reading your post on here because of your concise and indepeth insight in various disciplines but like what FastShipping posted yesterday, I only enjoy the local food and few daughters of Eve when I am in Nigeria, apart from that nothing interest me in that country grin
Dude U can still enjoy women here now
I don't visit Nigeria for the women
Food is great
Family is great

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
GoodFaith:

Dude U can still enjoy women here now
I don't visit Nigeria for the women
Hahaha, I know, it was a sarcastic statement l made in a hilarious tone, Hmmmm, some women in Nigeria will milk you once they know you live abroad, it is money for hand back for ground grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, I know, it was a sarcastic statement l made in a hilarious tone, Hmmmm, some women in Nigeria will milk you once they know you live abroad, it is money for hand back for ground grin
I will pay but the thing end as I leave Nigeria
No phone call

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
Its obvious he is pained. The truth is always bitter.
AngelicBeing:
l am not castigating Nigeria, Nigeria is already in the public domain both local and international, you can go on different international media and read about Nigeria, l was responding to a land issue and I was engaging another poster and not you, if you are pained at my post, I have no apologies I am airing my views and opinions which I am entitled to and I can choose to air it as much as I can, from the trash you wrote up their l know my message has struck a nerve, whatever insult in yoruba you threw at me, they are reversed back in multiple fold to you.

l don't care if you live in the West or take Nigeria as your Eldorado, it is your choice and I don't give a flying fvck, I will not dignify you without another response, you can as well buzz off my mentions angry

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Dremca:
cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
One question for is. What justification do you a price for a house in mataima and asokoro to cost N800m when there is no much commercial activity going on there compared to Lagos. Even houses in Washington DC or London doesn't cost that much
Talkamu:

Okay sir, we have comprehended. You feel unsafe in Nigeria. It is a shithole, you are not safe and life is worthless in Nigeria.

Kindly sir, I beseech of you, leave this matter. We have heard you. Some of us currently live in the west and still desire for personal reasons to live in the country you despise so much- with all the faults, and as it is. Kindly remember that indeed, whilst you have a voice and a right to your belief, many of us on this page are individuals who actually do live, or have a desire to reside in Nigeria. You are not doing anything wrong, but your message has been heard. No need for the overkill. Just let it be sir. May Dubai grow your investments, and America and even Bermuda. Enough of the castigation of Nigeria. You are singing hollow now. Please leave it.

PS: I DROP ONE MESSAGE A YEAR.I DON'T DO REJOINDERS.SO NO NEED REPLYING ME.IGNORE ME. RONU ARA E, KOO GBENU OSHI DA SOHUN, KORI E PE DIE.ONIRANU EDA.BERMUDA KO, DUBAI KO, AFGHANISTAN NI. APODA BURUKU

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
GoodFaith:

I will pay but the thing end as I leave Nigeria
No phone call
Hahaha, some of them are desperate, even if they know that you are married with kids, dem no send, I don't know if end time prophecies is been fulfilled were 7women will be chasing after one man, no matter how you try to disguise,some girls still smell dollars in your wallet and will try all their gimmicks to have you on their laps like Delilah grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Some walls and fences in high brow neighborhoods in the US.
I would rather spend billion to buy houses in Beverly hill than spend that amount on banana island. At least premium facilities will be available and most importantly security is guaranteed and more valued. Almost 80% of houses in "over hyped" banana are dormant. A ghost neighborhood.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2018

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nigeria is the most spiritual country and most morally and ethically bankrupt
GoodFaith:

Just electricity Please
Good water NO
Roads
Security
Healthy Care
Corruption will kill all Nigerian including me
Selfish nation and people
electricity was better off 30 year ago
We are moving backward
We had less churches 30 years ago
Today we have more churches
Pure Evil

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
MODALSOUL1:
You all have such great ideas to make Nigeria a better place ? Why not form a secret group and brainstorm ideas and action plan. Do you have the balls ?

First step -How can we stop corruption and Greed of Nigerians including me?--Blood will stop it
How can we teach Nigerians to follow rule?---Fear will work

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Dremca:
Nigeria is the most spiritual country and most morally and ethically bankrupt

U said it all
On Sunday the churches are all full

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
But still the country is a shithole. Every thing is corrupt from home to institutions, including the air we breath is corrupt.
Daboomb:

. shocked angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
Everything in Nigeria is hell
We product petroleum-- people can't get gas to buy with their money

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
One of the major causes of Nigeria's corruption is early discovery of oil. The elite saw it as a quick wealth without putting much effort to earn. Is like giving a range rover sport for a 16years old teenager. What do you expect from the child fun, easy life, pleasure, flirting and that's what is happening. Moral culture wasn't instilled in the people.
GoodFaith:

First step -How can we stop corruption and Greed of Nigerians including me?--Blood will stop it
How can we teach Nigerians to follow rule?---Fear will work

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2018
MODALSOUL1:
You can't make a person think what they don't wanna think.
I said Fear
Buhari military
Year ago Buhari create fear --Nigeria follow the rule of law
I am not sure if a democracy will work for Nigeria
Maybe Nigeria need military rule for 35 year that is willing to put Nigeria first above self interest
When that person pass government to new generation that have know how to follow rule
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
Dremca:
I would rather spend billion to buy houses in Beverly hill than spend that amount on banana island. At least premium facilities will be available and most importantly security is guaranteed and more valued. Almost 80% of houses in "over hyped" banana are dormant. A ghost neighborhood.

I've also heard similar about Abuja. I wonder what's the cause.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LeJeun3: 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The houses cost a fortune, those able to afford such houses have build at least 2 of such houses and want to rent it out.

those who would love to live in them cannot afford them.
While on the other hand the owners aren't around

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
Probably because 5% of the populalace who control 95% of Nigeria's money can afford it where as the remaining 95% are either low-middle class or poor. what a country.
EgunMogaji:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Idealer(m): 11:46pm On Feb 21, 2018
I concur.
Dremca:
Probably because 5% of the populalace who control 95% of Nigeria's money can afford it where as the remaining 95% are either low-middle class or poor. what a country.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 12:08am On Feb 22, 2018
MODALSOUL1:
You all have such great ideas to make Nigeria a better place ? Why not form a secret group and brainstorm ideas and action plan. Do you have the balls ? or is it all talk and no action?

No one has any secret, our problems are multifaceted and the best one can do is make the best of what he/she can control.

But, I don't get this endless self-flagellation on a forum where we are supposed to be discussing practicalities of property construction. It rankles when the thread is taken over by pages after pages of complaints from 'obodo-oyinbo' peeps, showing off their gelded lifestyles in societies they merely lucked on to, not that their forefathers contributed a single damn thing to build those societies.

Ok, I appear to have jumped on a similar tangent - apologies. Last word on this.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:33am On Feb 22, 2018
Dremca:

Really? Still debating Nigeria vs US/Canada?

Everyone's experience is different. There are many Nigerians in US/Canada who are barely hanging on. When someone tells you that Nigeria is all that, you have no idea of his living situation. Perhaps he will be better off in Nigeria. This assumption that everyone is ok in diaspora is a ruse. Don't judge him until you walk in his shoes.

/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), Blaisec, nuelnuel, Geld(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.