Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366702 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lifted1(m): 2:30am On Mar 07, 2018
mufutau55:

Is this the real "Legendary Brabus" himself or an impersonator.
Will the real Brabus please stand up.

Hajji M.
LOL, The Legend The Myth....
Hajj so u sef dey listen to Rap Music ? unbelievable grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:36am On Mar 07, 2018
@BARRYTON, angular bar is good but the capacity of the water tank will determine the angular bar thickness to be used
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:52am On Mar 07, 2018
Lifted1:

LOL, The Legend The Myth....
Hajj so u sef dey listen to Rap Music ? unbelievable grin

Abi o, my brother. Nah we start the rap from the time of Run-DMC, "My Addidas". Remember them from my good old Bronx.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 07, 2018
mufutau55:

Yes. I can reccomend Prince Jones too, and I have se erally in the past and none of tbe Client ever come back to me with negative feedback or complaint.

Hajji M.

Hajj, is he an actual climb on the roof, saw and hammer person or an arrangee? THanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lifted1(m): 3:04am On Mar 07, 2018
mufutau55:

Abi o, my brother. Nah we start the rap from the time of Run-DMC, "My Addidas". Remember them from my good old Bronx.

Hajji M.
cheesy cheesy Them good 'ol days .... i duff my hat when i hear the old timers hit them tunes.

Oga hajji, u sabi music oooo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:05am On Mar 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Hajj, is he an actual climb on the roof, saw and hammer person or an arrangee? THanks.

That is the only thing I dont know becos I have never seen or ask him that question. He also frequent this thread, may be he can answer that question for us.

Cc: @princejones

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:06am On Mar 07, 2018
Lifted1:

cheesy cheesy Them good 'ol days .... i duff my hat when i hear the old timers hit them tunes.
Oga hajji, u sabi music oooo.

That was and still my hobby. I am also a hobby DJ.
I love music of all kind Sir.
Do you know that I still have some of those old rappers 33.3RPM LP and 45RPM vinyl records? There was no CD then, we used vinyl to DJ.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lifted1(m): 3:18am On Mar 07, 2018
mufutau55:

That was and still my hobby. I am also a hobby DJ.
I love music of all kind Sir.
Do you know that I still have some of those old rappers 33.3 LP and 45 vinyl records? There was no CD then, we used vinyl to DJ.

Hajji M.

cheesy cheesy Vinly and turntable things, with amplifiers and sh!t grin, Smh oh sweet memories, i remember my father's music setup and vinyl collection being out of bounds to us as kids. and we would secretly mess with them when no one was around.
in those days making music was for the soulful

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:10am On Mar 07, 2018
Lifted1:

cheesy cheesy Vinly and turntable things, with amplifiers and sh!t grin, Smh oh sweet memories, i remember my father's music setup and vinyl collection being out of bounds to us as kids. and we would secretly mess with them when no one was around.
in those days making music was for the soulful

You got it, brother.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barryton: 6:56am On Mar 07, 2018
rotecch77:
@BARRYTON, angular bar is good but the capacity of the water tank will determine the angular bar thickness to be used
Thanks my brother
It is a two storey building
I was proposing 4 inches galvanized pipe
Do angular bar have various thickness?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OtunbaLeXuS(m): 7:30am On Mar 07, 2018
The law is the same in all the zones.

kopell:
Can you also help with full detail information on the new lagos land used charge per every zones of the state thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:34am On Mar 07, 2018
twinskenny:
So this is how hard it is getting water In this part of the country oga spyder880 una weldone oo

The water table in most of Enugu state is so low. You have to drill for hundreds of feet to get water, there are places you are almost sure you cannot get enough water for a submersible pump to draw. We use mainly well water in many compounds, and buy cleaner water from tanks to supplement. Towns like Ngwo, Nsude and Ajalli Owa has some of the best clean water and boreholes are many there.

Water is a problem in Enugu, but just like me, many people cannot live anywhere else, we have too many advantages here to make water problem a small one grin

Welcome to Enugu bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabusINTL: 11:24am On Mar 07, 2018
That's OK. Let me know if I can help in any way.

EgunMogaji:

Just to be clear, I aim to be using professionals but I am looking for actual working professionals, not Salesman or Packager (nothing is wrong with that but not what I want).

I will be involved at each stage of the work.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabusINTL: 11:27am On Mar 07, 2018
Oga Haji, what do you think?

mufutau55:

Is this the real "Legendary Brabus" himself or an impersonator.
Will the real Brabus please stand up.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:32am On Mar 07, 2018
brabusINTL:

Twale! Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by juhlyouss(m): 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
At songo ota, at iyana Arugudu. One plot of land wit foundation of two 2 bed room flat nd one already built to roofing level....the other one jus foundation nd a lot of space in in front of the building...goes for jus 3.5M.price negotiable. contact 07038260215,08104101499 or whatsapp 08156538836
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by siralos135: 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good day house! Pls what are the pros and cons of half and full conduit piping for a house electrification.

@Twinskenny,
@Topsy
Et all
Pls kindly help me with explanations for me to make an informed decision.
Thank u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
desiji:
If you have data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQqokTvYPFg

All that in our "Shitholes" o. I was just watching it yesterday.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
Abi Alhaji
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
siralos135:
Good day house! Pls what are the pros and cons of half and full conduit piping for a house electrification.

@Twinskenny,
@Topsy
Et all
Thank u

There is no much advantage in terms of cost but some walls wont be chiselled.

The disadvantage is that it will not make the job neat. Some cables would be run surface and might look somehow.

Why can't you take pain and do a full conduit system of wiring. If the house has been plastered, cutting machine can be of help instead of chiseling the plastered walls to avoid crack.

My suggestions anyway....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by siralos135: 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
topsy23:

The disadvantage is that it will not make the job neat. Some cables would be run surface and might look somehow.

Why can't you take pain and do a full conduit system of wiring. If the house has been plastered, cutting machine can be of help instead of chiseling the plastered walls to avoid crack.

Thank you bro.The wall has not been plastered.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
topsy23:

I'm not sure but I think you got the question wrong. What (s)he meant I think is full pipping as against half in the ceiling area and not on the walls. Who combines full and half pipping on walls? It's either surface or conduit on walls and combined in the ceiling area. So what's the advantages or otherwise of combine in the ceiling area?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
Dude, I miss your craziness. Now please update us on you projects; I will like to see how they look now. Those were lovely projects, especially the Beach House. I was hoping you will resurface. Love your ideas

brabusINTL:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
If I recollect properly, Brabus swore that it wasn’t him that was using the brabusINTL userid.

So we’ll see.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
diordaves:

I'm not sure but I think you got the question wrong. What (s)he meant I think is full pipping as against half in the ceiling area and not on the walls. Who combines full and half pipping on walls? It's either surface or conduit on walls and combined in the ceiling area. So what's the advantages or otherwise of combine in the ceiling area?

There is no need of running a surface cable on the ceiling since you have all the conduit pipes recessed in the wall. The only advantage is the money aspect of it which is very minimal, there will be less money spent on conduit pipes.

Another disadvantage is that rat can damage the cables and bridging(contact between LIVE and NEUTRAL) can occur if you run single core cable on the ceiling.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
siralos135:

@Twinskenny,
@Topsy
Et all
Thank u

The difference is cost which to me is not much.. I don't always advice half conduit... cause u have naked wire tuning in the ceiling and to think of it.. the cost is not that much better to go full conduit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
We waste so much money on things during the build. We shouldn’t have to encase wires in plastic pipes.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:
We waste so much money on things during the build. We shouldn’t have to encase wires in plastic pipes.

You think so? You mean they should be unclad?
Even here they encase them in steel pipes.
I will not encourage unclad. The prices of those PVC pipes are nothing.

Note: Remember those okete on the roof o, not even ekute sef o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

i think the piping protects the cable from rodents in the roof, and inside the ground or walls, makes for retreieval and change of bad/faulty cables easier...it can simply be pulled out...imagine if no piping and the cable was encased by cement, any cable fault will entail chiselling the wall or floor

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mrphysics(m), ladyteeks and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.