Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (951) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4353485 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (3657) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2018
spyder880:
Its so cold and quiet in here today, Oya, lets critique this housing estate grin

What do you hate most about this arrangement?

If people are banging themselves,won't occupants of the nearest house be hearing their moans?as in there closeness to each other.. grin
spyder880:
Its so cold and quiet in here today, Oya, lets critique this housing estate grin

If people are banging themselves,won't occupants of the nearest house be hearing their moans?as in there closeness to each other....Don't mind me ohh,Just being naughty

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:18am On Apr 21, 2018
happney65:

If people are banging themselves,won't occupants of the nearest house be hearing their moans?as in there closeness to each other.. grin

If people are banging themselves,won't occupants of the nearest house be hearing their moans?as in there closeness to each other....Don't mind me ohh,Just being naughty

cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Hi sir we are dealers on tiles,WC and sanitary wares
Our company name is EPIC CERAMICS
Our showroom is at Orile building materials market Odun-ade b/stop
We have high gloss 60x60,80x80,60x120 and 120x120 sizes for floors and other sizes
You can check out our products on instagram @epic_ceramics
We also have varieties of colour on these sizes
And we can deliver to your site if need be however that is under terms and conditions
Our contact is 08157000908

Tiles look nice can u open a thread and display your stuff?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
teaandteea:
cos you'll still av to call anyway, or how can we render any service for you if you dont reach out to us?

I shouldn’t have to reach out to you to get an idea of value.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ickes: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
diordaves:

You will need to bore or break underneath some sections of the block work and pour your concrete so that "DPC" will go under some section of the already laid block. This will reduce the effect of rising damp by as much as 70%.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lafolabi(m): 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Absolute silence everywhere...Now I say Happy Sunday
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
spyder880:

Terrible plan for an estate after snatching the land from the villagers and those who had also purchased it. And planning to sell them close to 20m.
I have a plot opposite side of Ndiagu Amechi. Thank God it's not on the express road. State government for come forcefully snatch am too

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
Hello House , I want to buy some building materials from China, from tiles to PVC ceiling, AC, Bath spa, bathroom fixtures and fittings, garage door and lighting, if possible Solar. I want to put into a 20ft container but of course, I am certain that I would not fill it up, there is no need bringing in a not full container. If there is anyone interested in shipping building materials from China, we can meet an discuss the modalities involved also it would reduce the total landing cost not just for me but anyone/persons who we both combine resources in pulling this off.. please PM me if interested. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
aonag:
Hello House , I want to buy some building materials from China, from tiles to PVC ceiling, AC, Bath spa, bathroom fixtures and fittings, garage door and lighting, if possible Solar. I want to put into a 20ft container but of course, I am certain that I would not fill it up, there is no need bringing in a not full container. If there is anyone interested in shipping building materials from China, we can meet an discuss the modalities involved also it would reduce the total landing cost not just for me but anyone/persons who we both combine resources in pulling this off.. please PM me if interested. Thanks.

i have a client.. but i dont think he is doing china.. guess he want to do US directly.. he is planning to import same items u mentioned.. will ask him
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
twinskenny:

i have a client.. but i dont think he is doing china.. guess he want to do US directly.. he is planning to import same items u mentioned.. will ask him

US is nice but may be too expensive, not the shipment and clearance but the items itself. most of them are Chinese and the thing is that you can get good quality from China, you just need to ask for it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
aonag:

US is nice but may be too expensive, not the shipment and clearance but the items itself. most of them are Chinese and the thing is that you can get good quality from China, you just need to ask for it.

will talk to him.. he has already bought some sanitary wares.. and also jacuzzi and bath cubicles.. we chat him up this evening
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2018
aonag:

Is this something that you have experience doing successfully before?

I might go for some automotive parts and accessories.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
aonag:

Hi
Why buy these items from China when you can get good qualities of them here
Is that to reduce the cost or something ?

On tiles I can assure you of good and qualitative porcelain Spanish, Italian and Chinese made tiles for both wall and floor
And we can deliver them to your site if its within Lagos state for free

Here are some samples

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
More of them

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Is this something that you have experience doing successfully before?

I might go for some automotive parts and accessories.

i dont have this experience on this scale. i have made bulk orders online from China and had them imported via air but thats different from going there myself and buying items myself. its still in consideration phase as i am thinking of the modalities
e.g consolidating different good from different manufacturers, logistics to the container location and most especially shipping costs to the final point of consolidation into the container and also if the container space has to be paid for in the prriod in ehich its taking in all these goods till its filled up. my parents were importers and have experience but they mainly bought from one manufacturer. i would have to talk to my mum about this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
aonag:

i dont have this experience on this scale. i have made bulk orders online from China and had them imported via air but thats different from going there myself and buying items myself. its still in consideration phase as i am thinking of the modalities
e.g consolidating different good from different manufacturers, logistics to the container location and most especially shipping costs to the final point of consolidation into the container and also if the container space has to be paid for in the prriod in ehich its taking in all these goods till its filled up. my parents were importers and have experience but they mainly bought from one manufacturer. i would have to talk to my mum about this.

Buying from different manufacturers isn't much of a problem.
Just know the shipping company address you intend using. As you buy from each manufacturer you can tell them which company is handling the shipping. They will package and send it to the company with your details on it. You may likely pay some extra for that.
But since you'll be there, be sure your goods are packaged well and you can monitor some of the activities. Some might be stressful but its worth it.
Your goods are cost per line in the container and that's what you'll be charged for.
Happy shopping in the east.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Starlincoln: 12:54am On Apr 23, 2018
Pls can somebody that is ready to carry out this project below explain to me how many blocks and much will it cost to build twins 3 bedroom flat. No delay pls

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 23, 2018
Starlincoln:
Pls can somebody that is ready to carry out this project below explain to me how many blocks and much will it cost to build twins 3 bedroom flat. No delay pls

No delay pls?

grin

What you're asking for is the paid services of a Quantity Surveyor.

Good luck on your project.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by asids55: 6:16am On Apr 23, 2018
aonag:

is there a particular site you get all this things from?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 23, 2018
Question for my ibadan people. I know that there must be a place that makes/sells European style living room furniture like those you’ll find at iKea (exhibit 1).

All I’m finding are these babalawo style (exhibit 2).

KolaShangOne, and other usual suspects any thoughts?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 8:36am On Apr 23, 2018
Starlincoln:

No delay..seriously sad Oga pass it to a quantity surveyor to avoid delays...when asking for free stuff a little level of politeness is needed.

i did a similar project and it took ca. 6000 pieces of 6 inches hollow block....2 units of 3 bedroom (all rooms ensuite and a guest restroom).

maybe less as some part of my foundation was about 7 to 8 coaches cos I had naively bought a sloply land which means alot of block was used for the sloply part.

All the best.

C.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Damilaredrey24(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2018
We Supply Bamboo Pole To Site At Affordable Price

ADE, ADE NIG ENTERPRISES

We supply reliable and strong bamboo poles for building construction and tooth pick companies,we can supply any quantity and size according to the customer's specifications.

For further inquires,call this numbers:

Send an email to: damilareolatunji24@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
Starlincoln:
Oga only a QS will give you the best figures in terms of quantity and total cost.
All said just prepare yourself from within 5500-6500blocks depending on a lot of factors then it total budget should be writhing 8-12million it can be more depending on your taste and general site condition.
All the best.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
Starlincoln:

Contact
Samuel Ajose Engineers ltd
Call/whatsapp:2347035596641 and 2348178706641
Email: samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by careybecky(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
Pls house, what is the standard price in Lagos state for structural and architectural design for a 4 bedroom duplex and a story building bq consist of 4 room/parlor self contain
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
careybecky:
Pls house, what is the standard price in Lagos state for structural and architectural design for a 4 bedroom duplex and a story building bq consist of 4 room/parlor self contain
cc darenyx

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
careybecky:
Depends on how far you are willing to go from 150k to millions depending on the location and purpose for the drawings .

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (3657) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DakingG, RockOfAgesAlumi(m), hslbroker2(m), pawn89(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.