Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (976) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4362194 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:57am On May 23, 2018
Tompeters:

PIPING DONE ALREADY.. PLASTERING TO BE COMPLETED TODAY...

BUT ONE FUNNY THING IS SOMEONE GAVE ME A QUOTATION FOR WIRING AS 267800 FOR THE FULL HOUSE AND THIS OTHER GUY IS SAYING 208000 FOR JUST ONE FLAT......

They are both right. If you ask to buy a new "car" without mentioning the brand and specifications, the first man you call will tell you the price is 8m (he is selling a Chinese made, Nigerian assembled Jingsun sedan, 2 door)

The second quote from another man might be N28m ( this man is selling you a new Toyota Prado SUV made in the US and imported into Nigeria.

Both of them are correct.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 1:28pm On May 23, 2018
Happy Ramadan, everyone.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 4:13pm On May 23, 2018
Sorry i have not been able to respond to your contribution until now but i deeply appreciate it, I will be be needing your service, where are you based?

rotecch77:
@kaybthaniels.
Its just that here in nigeria the percentage of the people that follow standard building code to erect our building and others related structures are few.

Although the problem is the country we are i beleived every body like good things at the right time

The country economy doesn't permit most poeple to follow the standard which caused building collapsing everywhere now.
Some that dont have money are ready to wait and save somemoney to start the project but before you know land graber will sell off the land.

Already this building as attached by biological defect,
And you need to correct it now so that you building will not become sick. ( dont be surprised building do sick and they do diagnose it)

SOLUTION .

What you wanted to do now, i can term it as floor finishing/finishings (BECAUSE what is entails to be oversite concrete is no more there.)

You need to uproot any small trees there and prepare a well good grade of concrete mixture may be gade M10 and of well workable concrete and stuffed the block holes there with hardcore (because i can see that you use 225mm block for the substructure and 150mm for the superstructure which gives gap holes). You can .make the concrete thickness to be 75-100mm , this is not the oversite concrete standard but just because you wanted to safe cost and as i terms is as floor finishing

Also when you wanted to do the outer wall rendering and inner part of the building plastering make sure you use standard mortar ratio for the job because that biological deafect as affected the block to be weak a little.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Preciouzword: 4:14pm On May 23, 2018
Check out the 17years old who was groomed and abused by a 34 years old when she was 15 via Tweeter
https://momsall.com/social-media-social-protection-for-children-teenage-grooming/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2018
Thank you sir

EgunMogaji:

I’m not an engineer but have studied this in detail.

Unfortunately the barn doors have been left open on the opportunity to do a monolithic floor. All you can do now is a compromise.

I wouldn’t loose sleep over it and you can take your ideas to your next build.

Good luck Sir.

NOTE: for others, the professional builders amongst us show us the standards. Let’s make them proud by showing them that we’re good students.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2018
I am a layman when it comes to stuffs like this oo but i appreciate your contribution sir.

diordaves:

With the right tools, you can introduce a DPC (German floor) thereby arresting any eventual damp by as much as 80%.

Look for a concrete bore machine like the photo attached and bore two holes per block with good spacing about 2 inches above the floor. Board the external walls and pour your concrete mix. It is recommended you do this for the whole house, but if money and time are any issue, you may only remedy the external walls. But the result may be limited.

To prevent the risk of collapse, it is recommended you do this section by section. If you can't lay your hands on the recommended tool you may use a light duty hammer with care to avoid collapse.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by balqees004(f): 4:41pm On May 23, 2018
I need a competent QS that can help with quotation. Contact via myownlarrie004@gmail
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ofemco: 6:24pm On May 23, 2018
Verify That Property Before You Buy It. Don't Trust The Vendor Or His Agent.

Why Verify That Property Before You Buy It?

One of the important factors to be considered by prospective buyers/investors is the findings as to ascertain with precision that the land/landed property is not under government acquisition. One of the checklist question s the prospective buyer or his solicitor must ask the vendor at the investigation stage is about the status of the land vis-a-vis government acquisition. However, the vendor is not under any obligation to disclose any defect in his title and therefore most of the time, they are silent on the issue of government acquisition. If you ask them about whether the land is under government acquisition or not, they are most likely going to tell the prospective buyer that it is not under any acquisition. The prospective buyers/investors should presume that the pieces of information gotten from the vendors are false until otherwise is proved by conducting land search. The vendor’s agent will want to persuade the buyer into believing that the land in question is the best the buyer could get at a given price around the place where the land is situated. One of the reasons why the vendors don’t normally disclose such a defect is that they believe that government cheated them in the first instance by acquiring their customary/family land.

What it means by government acquisition?

Government Acquisition - POWER TO COMPULSORILY ACQUIRE LAND, DEMOLISH/CONVERT PROPERTY AND TAK E OVER LAND BY THE GOVERNMENT. People do ask whether or not they have constitutional protection against compulsory acquisition of their family or personal land against compulsory acquisition of land by the government. Our answer is that it is their constitutional rights to own and use land and landed property in any part of Nigeria irrespective of their tribes, colour , birth, religion, political parties, according to the provision of Sections 43 and 44 of 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended). The constitution went further to provide assurance to all citizens that no property shall be taken possession of or acquired compulsorily except in the manner and for the purpose prescribed by a law, (See Section 44 of Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

By virtue of Section 28 of the Land Use Act, 1978 it is lawful for the governor to revoke a Right of Occupancy whether statutory or customary for ‘OVERRIDING PUBLIC INTEREST’ and once the right of occupancy is revoked, the landed property stands acquired, and the title of the holder of such right is thereby extinguished. Anybody that is found on the land after the acquisition is no more than a trespasser, unless he is there with the consent of the Governor. Henceforth, nobody can claim or exercise possessory or ownership right over the land except the Governor of the state where the land is situated. Because of the foregoing, if by the buyer’s omission, negligence, action or inaction he buys a landed property that is under acquisition from any acclaimed owner, he has been scammed.

Once the need for a compulsory land acquisition is for overriding public interest, the procedure is simple. Where Governor intends to compulsorily acquire land, the Governor (or through his staff) is to issue a “NOTICE” to the holder of the right of occupancy of the desired land. The Notice must declare that the land is required by the government for public purpose. At the issuance of such notice the right of occupancy will be revoked. Once such is done, the governor has compulsorily acquired the land. There cannot be a valid compulsory acquisition of land without a “Notice” to the holder o f the right of occupancy. This is the procedure laid down in Section 28 sub section 4 of the Land Use Act, 1978.

Why you should not buy government acquisition?

The major problem of buying a landed property that is under acquisition is that the buyer can not perfect his document: he can not get even a simple Survey plan approved or lodged at the Surveyor General’s office let alone getting a Certificate of Occupancy. The buyer can not get an approved Building plan and such landed property can not be used as collateral to secure loan. If a building is erected on such a land, it could be demolished anytime by the Government.

Types of acquisition and their implication?

There are two types of acquisition:
Committed acquisition and
Uncommitted, Global or General acquisition
A Land under Government Acquisition , that is COMMITTED, is a land acquired by the Government for a specific and specified purpose and use and the Government ’s plan on the land is clearly stated e.g Government estates, Roads, Government Schemes, Hospitals, Schools etc . This land might have been acquired for years by the government without doing anything on it. The fact that the land has being built upon by a large number of people does not make any different because the houses could be destroyed within days when Government is ready to use it. Such a committed land belongs to government forever and can never be available for individuals.
Lands that are under uncommitted, general acquisition or global acquisition can later be confirmed ‘free’ or ‘committed’. This is solely at the discretion of the Government. The government may decide to release the said uncommitted acquired land to people who have illegally bought the Land from Omoniles depending on whether or not the Government needs the land for a specific purpose or not and if the acquired lands will not disrupt any regional or urban planning regulation.

RATIFICATION /REGULARISATION

“Ratification/Regularization is a policy of grace that is given to a trespasser on uncommitted Government Land. This is the opportunity or privilege available to a buyer who came into the land illegally through wrong purchase from omoonile , to obtain legal title to the land encroached upon from the State Government. It is the process of allocating Government land to someone who had previously occupied landed property without lawful authority from the State Government”.

CONDITIONS PRECEDENT TO REGULIRISATION OF LAND THAT IS UNDER UNCOMMITTED GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION
( i ) That the property must not be situated in a Government Scheme, Estate or Committed Area; and
(ii) The property must be situated within an area that conforms with Urban and Regional Planning regulations and standards of the State.

Any land that does not conform with Regional and Urban Planning Regularization, will not be able to pass the test of ratification.

HOW TO DISCOVER THAT A LANDED PROPERTY IS UNDER ACQUISITION

The best means through which you can verify whether a land is under acquisition or not is to visit the site in question with land surveyors who will take the coordinate of the land and chart it at the land registry of a state where the land is situated.

In conclusion, it is advisable and economically wise for prospective buyers to chart a landed property to confirm whether it is under acquisition or not. The buyers/investors should not be deceived by the fact that a landed property is within a developed community. A whole community might be under government acquisition.

NOW THAT YOU KNOW, WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?

Call us, our team will come to the site, take the coordinate of the land and chart it at the land registry of a state.

Call 08065674312, 08021181967 or Email: ofemco@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:17pm On May 23, 2018
lastpage:
Happy Ramadan, everyone.
Same to you Chief. smiley Great to have you back.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 11:09pm On May 23, 2018
allCopacetic:

Same to you Chief. smiley Great to have you back.

Oga Allcopacetic thanks for delivery again. It is nice that there people like you doing business here. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maximus4455(m): 6:13am On May 24, 2018
Rinitak Construction Limited

Geophysics is the application of physics into probing into the subsurface without necessarily drilling. So you can safe yourself a lot of cost before drilling that bad hole, even for engineering purposes.
You can tell the depth of the aquifer, thickness and other information before spending fortune in drilling.

Contact us today for your

Groundwater geophysical survey
Engineering geophysical survey
Geotechnical engineering works
Borehole drilling
Water treatment installation
Soil test and piling

Get an expert today and go to bed 08038200676,08161830349
Coverage Nationwide
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 9:17am On May 24, 2018
nwaorlu:

Oga Allcopacetic thanks for delivery again. It is nice that there people like you doing business here. Thanks.
Thank You Sir.
Thanks for the kind patronage . I'm glad you were not disappointed. Has he been called for the second delivery?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2018
allCopacetic:

Thank You Sir.
Thanks for the kind patronage . I'm glad you were not disappointed. Has he been called for the second delivery?

Always on Point anyday Anytime

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 11:25am On May 24, 2018
ofemco:
Verify That Property Before You Buy It. Don't Trust The Vendor Or His Agent.

What it means by government acquisition?

Government Acquisition - POWER TO COMPULSORILY ACQUIRE LAND, DEMOLISH/CONVERT PROPERTY AND TAK E OVER LAND BY THE GOVERNMENT. People do ask whether or not they have constitutional protection against compulsory acquisition of their family or personal land against compulsory acquisition of land by the government. Our answer is that it is their constitutional rights to own and use land and landed property in any part of Nigeria irrespective of their tribes, colour , birth, religion, political parties, according to the provision of Sections 43 and 44 of 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended). The constitution went further to provide assurance to all citizens that no property shall be taken possession of or acquired compulsorily except in the manner and for the purpose prescribed by a law, (See Section 44 of Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

Once the need for a compulsory land acquisition is for overriding public interest, the procedure is simple. Where Governor intends to compulsorily acquire land, the Governor (or through his staff) is to issue a “NOTICE” to the holder of the right of occupancy of the desired land. The Notice must declare that the land is required by the government for public purpose. At the issuance of such notice the right of occupancy will be revoked. Once such is done, the governor has compulsorily acquired the land. There cannot be a valid compulsory acquisition of land without a “Notice” to the holder o f the right of occupancy. This is the procedure laid down in Section 28 sub section 4 of the Land Use Act, 1978.
Quite an educative post sir. But i ve got few questions;
Are u saying if one buy a land that is not under government acquisition & govt. decide to revoke the C of O because of overriding public interest, there will be no form of compensation?

What is the major purpose of d C of O, for building plan approval or govt. recognition? thank u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 3:53pm On May 24, 2018
allCopacetic:

Thank You Sir.

Not yet, I will let you know when he picks it up.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
Sorry i have not been able to respond to your contribution until now but i deeply appreciate it, I will be be needing your service, where are you based?

Lagos but we work everywhere
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoskyz: 7:50pm On May 24, 2018
Port Harcourt!!!!
We supply all kinds of building materials to construction sites within and outside rivers state port harcourt, like sharp sand, 30 tons of chippings, 9 inches blocks, 6 inches blocks, 5 inches blocks without hole, hardcore stone, stone base zero 50, trailer load of cement which is 900 bags. And we deliver before payment. Price list: Sharp sand 30k, Hardcore stone 50k per trip, Stone base zero 50 200k for 30 tons, 30 tons of chippings 260k,  9 inches block 160 naira per block,  6 inches block 130 naira per block,  5 inches block without hole 150 naira per block, Trailer load of cement which is 900 bags 2.350 million naira.
All our supplies comes directly from its source. We deals with both individuals and companies (construction companies, developer and etc.. )
Call us today on 08069801335 or 08159309557 For an order... a trial will definitely convince you and remember that "integrity is our watchword".

Regards,
Samuel.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 8:44pm On May 24, 2018
skimanski:

Always on Point anyday Anytime
Oga Skima, Tuale Sir.
smiley Much Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 8:44pm On May 24, 2018
nwaorlu:

Not yet, I will let you know when he picks it up.
Alright Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 12:11am On May 25, 2018
Please send me your contact details

rotecch77:

Lagos but we work everywhere
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tompeters(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2018
bixton:

That your initial quote is for a single flat. Double, it will take 2 flats. Prices of cables depends on type /brand of cable to be used.
But the person told me the 267k is for both flats
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:33am On May 25, 2018
Kaybthaniels:

Please send me your contact details

https://www.nairaland.com/3851900/general-finishings-5bdrs-luxury-duplex/14#67484271

One of our thread here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tompeters(m): 8:33am On May 25, 2018
bixton:

That your initial quote is for a single flat. Double, it will take 2 flats. Prices of cables depends on type /brand of cable to be used.
OK about the brand... Its Coleman and comester.... Pls can you help me with the prices of 1.5mm, 2.5mm, 4mm and 10mm of these brands
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tompeters(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2018
spyder880:

They are both right. If you ask to buy a new "car" without mentioning the brand and specifications, the first man you call will tell you the price is 8m (he is selling a Chinese made, Nigerian assembled Jingsun sedan, 2 door)

The second quote from another man might be N28m ( this man is selling you a new Toyota Prado SUV made in the US and imported into Nigeria.

Both of them are correct.
OK sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallblow: 4:37am On May 26, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallblow: 4:38am On May 26, 2018
balqees004:
I need a competent QS that can help with quotation. Contact via myownlarrie004@gmail

Contact Mr Dare on 0703 375 0678, tell him from small blow.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mohr(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2018
Happy weekend house!
Can someone help me with with a contact of construction materials (granites, sharp sand and laterites) supplier around Mowe/ofada axis.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 9:55am On May 26, 2018
AngelicBeing:
If I go by this estimate, it means l should be looking at about 18 bags of cement for 127sqms? As I currently have a small project of 127square metres that will require tiling in the next couple of weeks? Thanks as you respond
If the cement shop is not far, you can get 15 bags for start.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 9:57am On May 26, 2018
Rubbiish:

Thanks alot sir.
How many catons of ceramic tiles will cover 12.96sqm? It's just a small corner shop...Thanks.
7 cartons of 400*400 or 8 if you want skirting.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:57am On May 26, 2018
write2obi:

If the cement shop is not far, you can get 15 bags for start.
Noted, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2018
Mohr:
Happy weekend house!
Can someone help me with with a contact of construction materials (granites, sharp sand and laterites) supplier around Mowe/ofada axis.
Thanks.
my neighbour at ibafo....few people have used him here 08036615527, 08028539416
Tell him from Mr kehinde his neighbour

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Talktalk2022, adenuga558(m), MrBlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.