Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365497 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
bixton:

DIY grin
This na serious matter ooo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
Chekitaut:
This na serious matter ooo

Architects don't build.
Civil Engineers do that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
Chekitaut:
Architect->Structural Engineer->Quantity Surveyor->Contractor? Who build...?
A client once told me, pay all this people...? This is serious. I omitted geologist set.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
Chekitaut:
Shame to those that patronise them, cheap and... u get cheap.

Can we say so about made in china grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:11am On Jul 14, 2018
bixton:

Can we say so about made in china grin
China has quality products, we corrupt them with our dubious act.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 1:37am On Jul 14, 2018
Chekitaut:
A client once told me, pay all this people...? This is serious. I omitted geologist set.

Please I need quarry waste or rubble in large quantity. Where can I get some?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:03am On Jul 14, 2018
FastShipping:

Please I need quarry waste or rubble in large quantity. Where can I get some?

More fillings?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:56am On Jul 14, 2018
mufutau55:

More fillings?

Hajji M.

Yes. Levelling of street.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:08am On Jul 14, 2018
FastShipping:

Very good. That they won't be able to steal o. Good work.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:52am On Jul 14, 2018
Chekitaut:
China has quality products, we corrupt them with our dubious act.

.....with respect to cheap.......

.....quality products from there still come cheap.

.....all products termed to be of quality have met the acceptable standard and fit for use.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 7:16am On Jul 14, 2018
bixton:

Architects don't build.
Civil Engineers do that.

In my humble opinion, Contractors build. A contractor is a builder.

Architects design the building

Civil Engineer/structural engineer does Structural analysis and Structural design

Builder executes steps in building the structure

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2018
adanny01:

In my humble opinion, Contractors build. A contractor is a builder.

Architects design the building

Civil Engineer/structural engineer does Structural analysis and Structural design

Builder executes steps in building the structure

Let me open your submissions but sometimes the words we use are fambiguous.

A contractor can be any body but its rightly streamlined to be a business person offering services to make profit.
You limited the work of a civil engineer to appear like he pushes paper.

The carpenter, iron bender, mason, electrician, are builders.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 14, 2018
Chekitaut:
I said it, the wood is not Kokogbo, Kokogbo need no treatment.

Another quote I just received from another carpenter fr akum wood,please criticize, @bixton

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2018
FastShipping:

That your street sir is becoming worst o.. I can barely drive through the last time

I think the rain is doing the damage
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2018
Rubbiish:

So without the practicing license your ARCON certificate becomes invalid sir?
Partially invalid I believe. There are some obligations expected of you as an ARCON registered Architect to meet on yearly basis mist especially your financial commitment to the body, once the yearly obligations are met then you will have access to print your practicing license online which valid for a year. Unfortunately most clients don't ask for your professional licence before engaging professionals.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
twinskenny:

That your street sir is becoming worst o.. I can barely drive through the last time

I did it last year but some women created craters there looking for sand to fetch. I had to involve the local government task force and they came to arrest them. Now I need to solve it once and for all by levelling it with rubble and pave it. I want to do that as soon as rain stops in October.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by teaandteea: 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Contact us for your construction work, ranging from land clearing, grading, paving, dredging e.t.c
We have earth moving machines and implements, ranging from bulldozer, escavator, paver, roller e.t.c
We offer great services at a cheaper rate
Contact us today, and you'll be glad you did
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2018
twinskenny:

Because in the past each time he grade the road and fill it, some idiots around the area goes and dig and remove all the sand leaving nothing but holes. Naija, I fear o. God save us o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
FastShipping:

I did it last year but some women created craters there looking for sand to fetch. I had to involve the local government task force and they came to arrest them. Now I need to solve it once and for all by levelling it with rubble and pave it. I want to do that as soon as rain stops in October.

Wow and that's a lot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
mufutau55:

Because in the past each time he grade the road and fill it, some idiots around the area goes and dig and remove all the sand leaving nothing but holes. Naija, I fear o. God save us o.

Hajji M.
nawao.. someone repair and someone will destroy it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

This is unbelievable. In fact, this is witchcraft. Witchcraft is not only when you fly at night, if you are not pleased with development and the goodwill and progress of people, you be winch.

Turning a charity graded road for the common good of the immediate community in a free quarry site is witchcraft by any definition of the word.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
diordaves:

This is unbelievable. In fact, this is witchcraft. Witchcraft is not only when you fly at night, if you are not pleased with development and the goodwill and progress of people, you be winch.

Turning a charity graded road for the common good of the immediate community in a free quarry site is witchcraft by any definition of the word.

My brother, the thing tire me o. I remembered we discussed how we can stop them from doing it, but each time he does it, they just dig it and remove sand again. I told him to leave it ni o.
They dont care of development o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
Aventures:
Partially invalid I believe. There are some obligations expected of you as an ARCON registered Architect to meet on yearly basis mist especially your financial commitment to the body, once the yearly obligations are met then you will have access to print your practicing license online which valid for a year. Unfortunately most clients don't ask for your professional licence before engaging professionals.
Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2018
diordaves:

Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2018
bixton:

Let me open your submissions but sometimes the words we use are fambiguous.

A contractor can be any body but its rightly streamlined to be a business person offering services to make profit.
You limited the work of a civil engineer to appear like he pushes paper.

The carpenter, iron bender, mason, electrician, are builders.

The bolded are artisans. Even artisans are registered by COREN in their own category.

Have you heard of CORBON (Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria), a building contractor should be a member.

What i mean by builder is a person who studied a professional course that carries building as a core eg Building Technology.

These set of people are trained building contractors not the type we have all over Nigeria.

The construction industry in Nigeria is not regulated that is why we have every type of people claiming to be contractors. I once worked as a Civil engr in a property development company where the entire management had no single building related professional. I have a friend who is a so called contractor but is actually an electrical engineer. This guy built a plaza belonging to his brother in Abj recently. All he needs is a Civil engr who will sign an undertaking for the project and he can do anything he wishes while in the event of a collapse, he walks away blameless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
adanny01:

The bolded are artisans. Even artisans are registered by COREN in their own category.

Have you heard of CORBON (Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria), a building contractor should be a member.

What i mean by builder is a person who studied a professional course that carries building as a core eg Building Technology.

These set of people are trained building contractors not the type we have all over Nigeria.

The construction industry in Nigeria is not regulated that is why we have every type of people claiming to be contractors. I once worked as a Civil engr in a property development company where the entire management had no single building related professional. I have a friend who is a so called contractor but is actually an electrical engineer. This guy built a plaza belonging to his brother in Abj recently. All he needs is a Civil engr who will sign an undertaking for the project and he can do anything he wishes while in the event of a collapse, he walks away blameless.

Nigeria is just messed up from all angle . undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
itswell1:

Boss from your experience which of the brands are good and pocket friendly for use considering longevity
They are all good product, cost depends on your choice and your pocket. I used them, they are far more better then those Chinese ones. The secrets of tiles is the thickness, what ever you want to used make sure the thickness is above 10mm at average if you can afford it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Machinesandwrks: 11:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
We offer mechanized land clearing services...kindly contact us via 09023292693.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 4:32am On Jul 15, 2018
mufutau55:

My brother, the thing tire me o. I remembered we discussed how we can stop them from doing it, but each time he does it, they just dig it and remove sand again. I told him to leave it ni o.
They dont care of development o.

Hajji M.

Below is the leader of the gang coming to my street to fetch sand and creating craters here and there. People there said they are powerless. I got her arrested while I was in Nigeria in May. She wrote an undertaken never to return to it again only to return one week after I left Nigeria. The task force gave me their number to give to my brother and security guards to report the miscreants in case they came back again. My security guard saw her and her crew and quickly informed my brother in Lagos. It was my brother that called the local government task force to report their activities again. Without me being there, the task force came to my street immediately my brother called and reported them. They arrested all of them and seized their tools. They slept at the police station for more than one day. In fact sending message to me to beg me that I should contact the police and local government task force to release them.

Pictures were being sent to me from the police station

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jamesqu(m): 5:47am On Jul 15, 2018
Does anyone know the current cost for a bundle of barbed wire?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:58am On Jul 15, 2018
FastShipping:

Below is the leader of the gang coming to my street to fetch sand and creating craters here and there. People there said they are powerless. I got her arrested while I was in Nigeria in May. She wrote an undertaken never to return to it again only to return one week after I left Nigeria. The task force gave me their number to give to my brother and security guards to report the miscreants in case they came back again. My security guard saw her and her crew and quickly informed my brother in Lagos. It was my brother that called the local government task force to report their activities again. Without me being there, the task force came to my street immediately my brother called and reported them. They arrested all of them and seized their tools. They slept at the police station for more than one day. In fact sending message to me to beg me that I should contact the police and local government task force to release them.

Pictures were being sent to me from the police station

Wow
What a country
I never knew it has gotten this bad.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:01am On Jul 15, 2018
Jamesqu:
Does anyone know the current cost for a bundle of barbed wire?

Thanks

Its sold here at orile building material market but I have never enquired about it however if you can give me till Monday morning I can help you do that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nero2424 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.