Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4353067 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (3656) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Please i stop by at an Iron rod Seller today and he was offering 16mm for N98,000 and 12mm for same N98,000 per tonne this took place in Ibeju axis, Please is this a good offer? Has any one bought same Iron rods of recent . Thanks for your inputs in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
back2sender:
Please i stop by at an Iron rod Seller today and he was offering 16mm for N98,000 and 12mm for same N98,000 per tonne this took place in Ibeju axis, Please is this a good offer? Has any one bought same Iron rods of recent . Thanks for your inputs in advance
pure local
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by crisisng: 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
Very interesting question.
I will say that it will work but I am not as qualified as the real builders or engineers in the house so me go let them talk.

Oya Engineers, what do you think?
Will this work or save money? Is it Safe?

fyguy:
Hello NLer’s
I hope you can help me with some advice regarding the construction of a long fence o my site.
The fence in question (one side) is the long side of a 1.5 plot which needs to be constructed. Due to the cost implications of doing a raft foundation for this fence I have been advised to do the following to save some costs.
1. Do the blinding for the whole length of the fence
2. Instead of doing a raft foundation I use 3 coaches of 9 inch blocks
3. Pour cement/sand/granite into the 9 inch blocks
4. Use 6 inch blocks for the remaining coaches till we reach the desired height
5. Do the couping once desired height is reach

Please note we will be casting the pillars as normal.
Please advice.

Will this work? Are there any other options that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello Gurus,

Please in a seriously water logged area, what is the use of having a DPC at the base of a septic tank if it will be properly sealed and tested for leaks. Afterall, there will be water around the septic tank and there will be excreta and waste inside the tank. So why damp proof it?

Thanks in advance for your response.

cc: segcymoor , skimanski; mufutau55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
segcymoor:

pure local
You mean locally made Iron rods?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
back2sender:
I need some head up to know if its a good deal or if i can still bargain because i need to buy 1 1/2 tonne each of both 16mm and 12mm. This Cost excludes transportation to site. In this era of austerity any penny save will go along way. Gracias
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
johnson232:
expert in the house, will 10 tons of sand be enough to mortar(lay) 2000 blocks? that is setting?
they are 9inches blocks.

thanks.

Yes, if your Bricklayer is not wasteful

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
lastpage:

Lastpage!

Welcome back Sir Lastpage.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 8:15am On Feb 10, 2016
lastpage:

Lastpage!
thanks alot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2016
fyguy:
Hello NLer’s
I hope you can help me with some advice regarding the construction of a long fence o my site.
The fence in question (one side) is the long side of a 1.5 plot which needs to be constructed. Due to the cost implications of doing a raft foundation for this fence I have been advised to do the following to save some costs.
1. Do the blinding for the whole length of the fence
2. Instead of doing a raft foundation I use 3 coaches of 9 inch blocks
3. Pour cement/sand/granite into the 9 inch blocks
4. Use 6 inch blocks for the remaining coaches till we reach the desired height
5. Do the couping once desired height is reach

Please note we will be casting the pillars as normal.
Please advice.

Will this work? Are there any other options that
try to do raft foundation.
even if it is 2 board raft, it is gonna be stronger.

because of the reinforcement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2016
danowena:
Hello Gurus,

Please in a seriously water logged area, what is the use of having a DPC at the base of a septic tank if it will be properly sealed and tested for leaks. Afterall, there will be water around the septic tank and there will be excreta and waste inside the tank. So why damp proof it?

Thanks in advance for your response.

cc: segcymoor , skimanski; mufutau55
if the water table is high, it is good u damp proof it.

so as to prevent water from mixing up with the excrete.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:08am On Feb 10, 2016
Dieumerci:

Welcome back Sir Lastpage.

Thank you Sir, ...........just got back from a long BAN! shocked shocked

The "Political Section Moderators" do take their job of banning me, at the slightest opportunity, very seriously! grin grin grin

Anyway, its all comedy-relief.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2016
I really dunno the name, But its from "RUBY and JADE". They gave me sample but my client Chose this...
euromilion:

That's beautiful,is that American walnut?i wanted something like that,but miss preferred the one I bought.

This morning my daughter with full excitement ran downstairs to see the again floor,next minute my son followed,two minutes later they're both back upstairs with a bit of disappointed faces,they were like,the floor is so cold daddy,the little boy said,the cold even went through my socks.

Am sure they'll get use to it soon.

Hurricane Imogen is been on here for 3days now anyway,so it's really cold alright.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 10:37am On Feb 10, 2016
I really dunno if its against the law to share contacts here...to avoid being banned or suspended. but I can sure give you my e-mail which I believe is not against the law. cos me don see our big ogas dey drop their mail.......arnoldgace@yahoo.com...email me
okikigsm:

thank u all.can i have your contacts pls?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2016
Arnoldfish:
I really dunno the name, But its from "RUBY and JADE". They gave me sample but my client Chose this...

What country are you at?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
lastpage:

Thank you Sir, ...........just got back from a long BAN! shocked shocked

The "Political Section Moderators" do take their job of banning me, at the slightest opportunity, very seriously! grin grin grin

Anyway, its all comedy-relief.

Lastpage!

I just came back too from a ban from the said section. I cannot even mention IPOD these days.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
euromilion:

What country are you at?

Am in Nigeria... grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Arnoldfish:

Am in Nigeria... grin grin grin

Nice..how much are those laminated in Lagos now?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
I need some sharp,plaster and filling sand and white cement,any supplier here want the business?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
I see your "hand work" Oooo! shocked shocked shocked

You know urself naah! grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 11, 2016
And it comes full circle.

If this was a soap opera, I will name it "As the property section turns" grin

This is why I only take a few people serious on here, the rest are fodder for jocularity.

I have said too much, I think I hear black helis circling cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:01am On Feb 11, 2016
I'm doing 4" german floor.

What size of board should I use to ensure a good form?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 8:20am On Feb 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Thanks.
Full board

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 10:39am On Feb 11, 2016
euromilion:

Nice..how much are those laminated in Lagos now?
Roughly 6k per square meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2016
euromilion:
I need some sharp,plaster and filling sand and white cement,any supplier here want the business?
I can get my suppliers to do it for you, but thats if its on the Island
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2016
So whats the latest on Maverick vs Bosun brabus(Nexthome)? Have they settled the issue of FAKE building approval?

Maverick I will like to hear from you sir. Any compensation yet from Bosun?

Cc Maverick, Excuzeme, Hajji, egunmogaji oko afusa, gabbytabby and good Nigerians.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 11:01am On Feb 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.
Use a 1" x 12" x 12' board for adequate formwork rigidity..... Get a 2'' x 2'' for brace

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beulah09: 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
mufutau55:

Very nice. How is it compared to Tiles? Cost comparison too.. (I mean that is, if this is in Nigeria)

Hajji M.

In Nigeria, use about N4.5k psqm including installation. Floortex is one seller. 1.8sqm goes for about N7k. Then you add the skirting, door profile and installation

http://www.floortexltd.com/aboutus.htm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
3strike:
So whats the latest on Maverick vs Bosun brabus(Nexthome)? Have they settled the issue of FAKE building approval?

Maverick I will like to hear from you sir. Any compensation yet from Bosun?

Cc Maverick, Excuzeme, Hajji, egunmogaji oko afusa, gabbytabby and good Nigerians.

Still nothing from Brabus, he has not reached out to me in any capacity.
Like I said, I have always questioned his intentions.
Has anyone heard from Brabus ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
Beulah09:

In Nigeria, use about N4.5k psqm including installation. Floortex is one seller. 1.8sqm goes for about N7k. Then you add the skirting, door profile and installation

http://www.floortexltd.com/aboutus.htm
the 4.5k for the skirting, door profile and installation?
if 1.8sqm if 7k....so 1sqm is 3k8 so the remaining 700 takes care of installation, skirting, door profile and the white foam backing? Quite cheap pls drop your contact for me....the less expensive the better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
mavverick:

Still nothing from Brabus, he has not reached out to me in any capacity.
Like I said, I have always questioned his intentions.
Has anyone heard from Brabus ?

But I thought Hajj said somewhere on this thread that the issue will be resolve...how and when ? If he is yet to reach out to you. Just curious sha.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (3656) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), huzzman and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.