Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4353353 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (3657) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 8:38am On Jun 28, 2016
This are FAQs from Eternit, leading manufacturer of fiber cement used is producing "asbestos"

FAQ Answers

It is a well known fact that Asbestos is injurious to health. What is your company doing in this regard?

"Asbestos as a raw material is injurious to health when inhaled over a long period of time. Our own Asbestos-cement product as a finished product is safe. However, since 2001 our products NO longer contain asbestos. The asbestos fibre component has been replaced with PVA fibre which is very environment-friendly. Therefore, our products are FREE OF ASBESTOS"

Your Concrete tile, Duratile is too heavy! What can you do to reduce the weight?

"As a small element Concrete tile product, there is the international standard and requirement for weight. The current weight is actually an advantage to resist wind effect and this is in conformity to international standard."

What are the composition of your products - fibre-cement and concrete tiles.?

"Fibre-cement products are composed of PVA Fibre, cement, cellulose and water.

What is the relationship between your company, Emenite, Giwarite and Nigerite?

"We are sister companies of the same parent called “Etex Group”. Etex Group is a multi-national conglomerate with home office located in Brussels, Belgium. We do exactly the same thing in different territories in Nigeria."

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Just saw this on front-page "Lagos Tackles Omo-onile With Task Force." , it's should be a welcomed development to all existing and intending property owners in Lagos.

https://www.nairaland.com/3192067/lagos-tackles-omo-onile-task-force
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:29am On Jun 28, 2016
Interesting news coming from the Lagos state government.

Put a stop to omonile

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/lagos-goes-tough-on-omo-onile/

Whist the intention is laudable, I see some flaws here.

* Who will police the action of the government ?
* What will the task force do to stop the actions of omonile ?
* In a case where a legitimate property owner is being harassed, what should they do ?
* How can omoniles be truly eliminated, would be good to hear from nairalanders ?
* How about the levies on workers on site that these omonile sometime demand ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2016
Does anyone know the price of 15tons BRC 5" or 6"hardcore for oversight concrete to Alpha Beach area?

Babalose
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2016
Welcome news but I can't see this happening in the near future.

The govt that tries to ban such practices also needs these same omonile groups during elections.

Easy to say but difficult to actually implement but kudos to the govt for starting what should have been elimintaed years ago

mavverick:
Interesting news coming from the Lagos state government.

Put a stop to omonile

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/lagos-goes-tough-on-omo-onile/

Whist the intention is laudable, I see some flaws here.

* Who will police the action of the government ?
* What will the task force to to stop the actions of omonile ?
* In a case where a legitimate property owner is being harassed, what should they do ?
* How can omoniles be truly eliminated, would be good to hear from nairalanders ?
* How about the levies on workers on site that these omonile sometime demand ?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 10:51am On Jun 28, 2016
@KolaShangOne good points raised.

Interesting discussion here.

I will like to get to the bottom of this as I may have also missed out on getting a thunder arrestor installed so best to do that now.

btw any ideas how much they cost? Will like the electricians in the house to also provide some responses to this.

KolaShangOne:

Oga Agarawu23 I no gree.. Lightning can strike ANY building. There are some houses that are in the travel path of lighting. Very prone areas. They will most likely get struck at least twice a year.

Besides, I think you're in North Africa. Rain falls there once in 6months abi? Houses there are at almost zero risk.

PH, Lagos and some other parts experience all year round rainfall.. With accompanying Thunder strikes grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
ANBAKO:
Fibre (Reinforced) Cement Popularly known as "asbestos"

Fibre cement is an abbreviation for Fibre Reinforced Cement (FRC), and fibre cement building materials were developed by James Hardie in the early 1980s, as a replacement for asbestos-based building products. Read on to find out more about this material or speak to builders in your local area about using it.

Nwanne,

biko sharrap you hear?

Asbestos is Asbestos.

Fibre Cement is Fibre Cement.

They are not the same thing and not inter-changeable.

Only ignorant person will say Fibre Cement is POPULARLY called Asbestos.

Which Popularly ignorant person is that?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
What comes first, ROOFING or PLUMBING?

Hajj mufu, spyder880, EgunMogaji

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
brag3:
I will like to get to the bottom of this as I may have also missed out on getting a thunder arrestor installed so best to do that now.
btw any ideas how much they cost? Will like the electricians in the house to also provide some responses to this.

You should install one... The way I look at it is that N80k is not gonna kill me after spending several millions on my build; instead it will save me some headache in future. So Thunder Arrestor is worth installed.
I did mine for like N77,000 hence I put N75k-N80k, and many people I know are about the same range.
Anything more than the above cost will be a rip-off. But then Dasuki's cost will be different o. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
Empiree:
What comes first, ROOFING or PLUMBING?
Hajj mufu, spyder880, EgunMogaji

Roofing of course.... finish/complete your carcass first.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
Haha, we no be Dasuki but you always make very valid points.

I will definitely install one this week. The only question I have is that since house has been roofed already will this be a difficult process to retro-fit?

Thanks again

mufutau55:

You should install one... The way I look at it is that N80k is not gonna kill me after spending several millions on my build; instead it will save me some headache in future. So Thunder Arrestor is worth installed.
I did mine for like N77,000 hence I put N75k-N80k, and many people I know are about the same range.
Anything more than the above cost will be a rip-off. But then Dasuki's cost will be different o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
brag3:
Haha, we no be Dasuki but you always make very valid points.
I will definitely install one this week. The only question I have is that since house has been roofed already will this be a difficult process to retro-fit?
Thanks again.

They can still do it... A friend who has completed his building also installed one after...

Note: I know, he Dasuki thing was just a joke... if we be Dasuki people we will not be here trying to learn and save, nah big time contractor for don handle our project without even seeing the blocks they use in building it. wink

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
brag3:

I think @allcopacetic already gave an estimate. Scroll up sir.
Also, Oga @lastpage and @hajjmufutau have all shared their cost. Bear in mind that price is relative to Height of the building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
ANBAKO:

It costs 1100 for 4ft x 4ft

Where can we get thses?

Do every Nigerite distributor have these?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Exactly sir. I reckon you will install one of those 5 million naira Samsung curve TVs in your palace.. And BOSE sound systems running into millions.

The one kain Thunder strike will now fry everything.

Lightning that could have been arrested with 80k.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
grin grin grin

KolaShangOne:

Exactly sir. I reckon you will install one of those 5[b] million naira Samsung curve TVs in your palace.. And BOSE sound systems running into millions.
[/b]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Exactly sir. I reckon you will install one of those 5 million naira Samsung curve TVs in your palace.. And BOSE sound systems running into millions.

Exactly sir... Entertainment is one of my important thing in life especially music... I have so many music collections that I will like to enjoy at my old age... I am also a Music DJ with thousands of Dollars in equipments (Bose, Denon, Yamaha, JBL, Mackie, Pioneer, etc) and I can't see leaving them here if I decided to move home. High Definition TV (75 inches upward, for the old eyes) is also essentials.
But sorry, I don't do video games though... those are left to the kids... So installing Arrestor is very important to me Sir, for that little cost.

Note: EgunMogaji plays with Guns, Gentleman Hajji plays with Music to make people happy. (Where is the guy sef?)

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
mufutau55:

Exactly sir... Entertainment is one of my important thing in life especially music... I have so many music collections that I will like to enjoy at my old age... I am also a Music DJ with thousands of Dollars in equipments (Bose, Denon, Yamaha, JBL, Mackie, Pioneer, etc) and I can't see leaving them here if I decided to move home. High Definition TV (75 inches upward, for the old eyes) is also essentials.
But sorry, I don't do video games though... those are left to the kids... So installing Arrestor is very important to me Sir, for that little cost.

Note: EgunMogaji plays with Guns, Gentleman Hajji plays with Music to make people happy. (Where is the guy sef?)

Hajji M.

Impressive sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
temi4fash:

Where can we get thses?

Do every Nigerite distributor have these?

Yes ....all distributors sell them. Check around your area for their distributors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
One4me:

Nwanne,

biko sharrap you hear?

Asbestos is Asbestos.

Fibre Cement is Fibre Cement.

They are not the same thing and not inter-changeable.

Only ignorant person will say Fibre Cement is POPULARLY called Asbestos.

Which Popularly ignorant person is that?

Why the rant? Come and shut my mouth na!!!

If you can read between the line, you will understand that my discuss is on ceiling boards popularly called "asbestos" in Nigeria and not the hazardous substance named Asbestos.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

EgunMogaji was actually a freelance bassist and drummer for reggae bands.

EgunMogaji has toured and opened for many top international reggae bands but sadly has retired to doing select studio sessions grin

The more you look the less you see grin

PS: a major part of my household defense system will rely on electronic monitoring, adjusting perpetrators voltage tolerance, etc so it'll be a shame if lightning knocks everything out and have to then waste armaments on a robber.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

EgunMogaji was actually a freelance bassist and drummer for reggae bands.
EgunMogaji has toured and opened for many top international reggae bands but sadly has retired to doing select studio sessions grin
The more you look the less you see grin
PS: a major part of my household defense system will rely on electronic monitoring, adjusting perpetrators voltage tolerance, etc so it'll be a shame if lightning knocks everything out and have to then waste armaments on a robber.

See... I am bringing you out. All people see are those gun collection of yours.
I knew you have a soft spot somewhere.... smiley Word up with the Music.
Bob Marley is my number one Legend.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
Bored so started playing around with charts on the spreadsheet.

~8,000 blocks not counting fence shocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 10:04am On Jun 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Bored so started playing around with charts on the spreadsheet.

~8,000 blocks not counting fence shocked

Baba dat is the way we see it o o... The whole thing go just tire you. But just do it one step at a time. The Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:36am On Jun 29, 2016
What is happening ?Everybody is minding their business ? That is how it suppose to be . Now mavverick can face his life , bosun can now drink water and drop cup ' agarawu can face his jamb lessons , egunmojagi can now respect his age and face his hustle than to be on nairaland 24/7 . I just made my point . Thank you

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 29, 2016
AZUH:
What is happening ?Everybody is minding their business ? That is how it suppose to be . Now mavverick can face his life , bosun can now drink water and drop cup ' agarawu can face his jamb lessons , egunmojagi can now respect his age and face his hustle than to be on nairaland 24/7 . I just made my point . Thank you

You should get a hobby or a boyfriend instead of tracking my web usage...just made my point too wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 10:49am On Jun 29, 2016
A little comic relief. I sure say Egunmogaji will be able to identify with this being the baalé of Ibadan.

IBADAN BABES DON COME AGAIN ooo
1. Thank God for a brown new day!
2. My god is upsome!
3. Why are people so weekend? (coz they are Friday)
4. Not all dat glitters are goats! (goatn’t it!!??)
5. Majority carries the volt (volt ko!? transformer ni?)
6. May your name be highly exhausted!
7. My waste is paining me!
8. Thank God for spearing my life (with arrow abi with dagger?)
9. What is strong with you? (strong kor.. decoder ni)
10. Lord! you are the killer dat holds my life! (GBOOOOOOOOMM!! )
11. Pls, how much is ur age? (na 22naira o!)
12. Look to the window, the principal just passed away (na you kill am abi?)
13. I am not priding pls
14. Lord let ur wheel be done…(God’ wheelbarrow spoil b4?) Laff go kill me for here ooo
OMO IBADAN KINI SOOO

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 29, 2016
danowena:

Baba dat is the way we see it o o... The whole thing go just tire you. But just do it one step at a time. The Lord is your strength.

Thanks man.

I just hail our fellow forumers that are planting 6 flats of 3 bedrooms.

No be small thing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2016
@ egunmogaji alu abomination ' I can't get a boyfriend I am not a gay and here is not America ' you see you see' Do you like me as your boyfriend ? Make person borrow me hand when I go take slap this American citizen'How you go dey tell full grown man like me make e go get boyfriend ? Yoruba people can imitate oyibo .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Demainman1:
A little comic relief. I sure say Egunmogaji will be able to identify with this being the baalé of Ibadan.

IBADAN BABES DON COME AGAIN ooo
1. Thank God for a brown new day!
2. My god is upsome!
3. Why are people so weekend? (coz they are Friday)
4. Not all dat glitters are goats! (goatn’t it!!??)
5. Majority carries the volt (volt ko!? transformer ni?)
6. May your name be highly exhausted!
7. My waste is paining me!
8. Thank God for spearing my life (with arrow abi with dagger?)
9. What is strong with you? (strong kor.. decoder ni)
10. Lord! you are the killer dat holds my life! (GBOOOOOOOOMM!! )
11. Pls, how much is ur age? (na 22naira o!)
12. Look to the window, the principal just passed away (na you kill am abi?)
13. I am not priding pls
14. Lord let ur wheel be done…(God’ wheelbarrow spoil b4?) Laff go kill me for here ooo
OMO IBADAN KINI SOOO

grin

The best Ibadan joke I've read is the one about Ibadan girls contact names:

Broda Mufu Tailor
Iya Idia Elero
Bros TJ Olokada
Igbo Macin Repair

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (3657) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.