Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,148 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:49 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4296851 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (3644) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
How does N200K sound for 60 tons of granite delivered to Elebu?

I don't need to save the last kobo but want to make sure that it is beneficial to both parties. This will be an eyesight on load from quarry to site.

If any other non flaky and credible vendors want to partake please let me know. Thanks.

PS: Also intrigued with stone dust, I might need a quote for 70 tons of that.

Muchas gracias.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
EgunMogaji:
How does N200K sound for 60 tons of granite delivered to Elebu?
I don't need to save the last kobo but want to make sure that it is beneficial to both parties. This will be an eyesight on load from quarry to site.
If any other non flaky and credible vendors want to partake please let me know. Thanks.
PS: Also intrigued with stone dust, I might need a quote for 70 tons of that.
Muchas gracias.

Just make sure 60 tons is actually 60 tons, no gimmick allowed o. We don shine our eyes o, no more diaspora based rip-off.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
mufutau55:

Just make sure 60 tons is actually 60 tons, no gimmick allowed o. We don shine our eyes o, no more diaspora based rip-off.

Hajji M.

Oh those days are over, we don shine eye. No ashawo load grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

true talk sir.. 60tones can be 40tones..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Fhemmmy:

You too throwing your friend under a moving bus? shocked shocked shocked

For where, you are the baba General. Anyone who express a contrary opinion may get probed grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
twinskenny:

true talk sir.. 60tones can be 40tones..

Those chippings guys? I comment my reserve. lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
spyder880:

LOL! Oga Spyder... reverse word/technology ni o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
spyder880:

Thank God for NextHome truck in some of our projects. I can only imagine the huge loss so many clients are making. I've never bought more than 25 tons with the truck and no 30 tons delivered to me (by my supplier o) has ever matched the quantity I get.
Even the 25 tons sef, I just dey agree say Na 25 tons because I no get scale or mind to start counting Chippings one by one.

Anyhow sha, God dey!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
spyder880:

i leave close them here lagos ibadan expressway... they drop small at berger, drop small at at mountain of fire.. lol

the truth is unless you personally go to quary to make purchase.. difficult for you to get complete tones
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
twinskenny:

i leave close them here lagos ibadan expressway... they drop small at berger, drop small at at mountain of fire.. lol

the truth is unless you personally go to quary to make purchase.. difficult for you to get complete tones

My Nephew is going to do just that and he's "Omo Igboro" grin

In regards to the inevitable "family angle" Ti Abani Kadiju Ki Amari Eyan Buruku, Aoni Ri Eniyan Rere grin

Not bad for a 30 year Americana eh cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fhemmmy: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
spyder880:

For where, you are the baba General. Anyone who express a contrary opinion may get probed grin grin grin

Chai, see washing . . . . .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
EgunMogaji:

My Nephew is going to do just that and he's "Omo Igboro" grin

In regards to the inevitable "family angle" Ti Abani Kadiju Ki Amari Eyan Buruku, Aoni Ri Eniyan Rere grin

Not bad for a 30 year Americana eh cheesy

lol not bad sir... spent almost 20 minutes to read that correctly

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 10, 2015
oh! I Missed This Thread,Though I'm a silent Reader,Very Soon I do be contributing to the forum Topic.Greetings All.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
I had a point of disagreement with someone on an issue which I am throwing to the house. I never run from an opportunity to learn.

Here goes for properties built in the Ajah axis with high water level such that you cannot dig too deep cos of high water table and all. Is it possible to never have to empty the soakaway even when this is linked to the septic tank. How is this done.

Segcymoor brabus aventures spyder880 abdulwastecx et al opinions please.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
mufutau55:

Yes. You can discuss anything (including pricing discussions) related to building constructions; no special topic.
BUT advertisements of commodities or services are NOT allowed in any form. Thank you.

Hajji M.

afternoon Nl members.
i require some information on doors and.windows for a rented property in lagos.
number of external doors is 6 and internal doors are 36.
please can you let me recommend types of doors I should be looking at? please bear in mind that this is for a rented property in Ikorodu not lekki.
Also need advice on what kind of windows to look out.for. i am aware of tower and imported aluminium but what others are out there? are there other grades of the afformentioned ones that i can use or should avoid?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
befto:

afternoon Nl members.
please can you let me recommend types of doors I should be looking at? please bear in mind that this is for a rented property in Ikorodu not lekki.
Also need advice on what kind of windows to look out.for. i am aware of tower and imported aluminium but what others are out there? are there other grades of the afformentioned ones that i can use or should avoid?

Personally I have decided on and use teak wooden door for all internals and local iron door for external doors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
gabbytabby:

Personally I have decided on and use teak wooden door for all internals and local iron door for external doors.

@gabbytabby. how much does these doors usually go for? I am interested in going.down this route as well.

@befto. what is your price range?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
befto:

afternoon Nl members.

As gabby said. U can get good China doors for internals..there are quite affordable ones that are very good.
same grade also for security doors for externals
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
befto:

afternoon Nl members.

For rental I will advise to go for Chinese Iron doors for internals. And get good solid Local iron doors for External.
Unless your rental property is a luxury one, then use other options like Turkey doors. Yes, I am cheap and economical.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 9:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
mufutau55:

For rental I will advise to go for Chinese Iron doors for internals. And get good solid Local iron doors for External.
Unless your rental property is a luxury one, then use other options like Turkey doors. Yes, I am cheap and economical.

Hajji M.

Haji M. nothing wrong with cheap and economical o.

Everything has its place o and if befto is just renting then this makes alot of sense.

by the way how much are these turkish and chinese doors.

I will be needing some as well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
brag3:

@gabbytabby. how much does these doors usually go for? I am interested in going.down this route as well.

@befto. what is your price range?
Depends where you are buying it from. Teak door is 7k in ajah 5k in mushin and ipaja.

Iron doors na 3ft one is 15k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Boss, have you read the book "Millionaire Next Door"? grin

You're a poster child and that's how I know you're filthy rich and financially well off.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
EndiaSami:

As gabby said. U can get good China doors for internals..there are quite affordable ones that are very good.
same grade also for security doors for externals

You misquoted mua. I do not do Chinese doors all local doors for me. The story I hear about them is not encouraging either with key in hand you end up locked in or out.

Teak is local wood.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
gabbytabby:
I had a point of disagreement with someone on an issue which I am throwing to the house. I never run from an opportunity to learn.

Here goes for properties built in the Ajah axis with high water level such that you cannot dig too deep cos of high water table and all. Is it possible to never have to empty the soakaway even when this is linked to the septic tank. How is this done.

Segcymoor brabus aventures spyder880 abdulwastecx et al opinions please.

segcymoor, aventures, kolashange, bra bus spyder880 still hoping for impute from people with sjah axis experience on this issue.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
gabbytabby:

segcymoor, aventures, kolashange, bra bus spyder880 still hoping for impute from people with sjah axis experience on this issue.
Ma, I find it difficult to get u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
segcymoor:

Ma, I find it difficult to get u

In ajah, we needed to evacuate shit from soakaway ss full but one of the tenants was saying you should never have to empty a soakaway.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:30am On Oct 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Boss, have you read the book "Millionaire Next Door"? grin
You're a poster child and that's how I know you're filthy rich and financially well off.

LOL!! This guy knows how to "burst my bubbles" . smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:36am On Oct 15, 2015
brag3:

Haji M. nothing wrong with cheap and economical o.
Everything has its place o and if befto is just renting then this makes alot of sense.
by the way how much are these turkish and chinese doors.
I will be needing some as well.

Not long ago I bought some machine made/finished mahogany wooden doors at N13k (non machine/manual made are N10k) each, and later started discovering that they are warping... nothing annoys or frustrate a door frame than warping. I would have then bought some China made iron doors for the internals... I have seen nice ones from N15k to nicest around N25k which also includes frames... at least they will not warp later.
Look around her for the advertisers and let them send you samples and their respective costs; I don't want to mention names so I don't leave anyone out.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 5:40am On Oct 15, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1029190/construction-process-terrace-building-block/42

Something new is in progress!......It is d fastest project to experience
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 6:04am On Oct 15, 2015
It's 9 Units terrace building!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2015
gabbytabby:

In ajah, we needed to evacuate shit from soakaway ss full but one of the tenants was saying you should never have to empty a soakaway.

You can always empty a soak away, when I build, I always construct a manhole at both sides, so we can evacuate the septic tank from its hole and the soak away from its own hole. 100% empty is what I recommend.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:51am On Oct 15, 2015
segcymoor:
https://www.nairaland.com/1029190/construction-process-terrace-building-block/42

Something new is in progress!......It is d fastest project to experience

Congratulations bro, more mighty things are coming your way. You will do a beautiful work as usual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (3644) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.