Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365181 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
FreeWorld23:

My build isnt up to wiring level so i aint botherd cos if it gets there, i will just call one of my tenant in Alaba market to supply me.

We have a lot of them as tenant who have parking store and wherehouse in our compound.

The best wire you can buy in nigeria is nigeria wire that thier names are boldly written on it.
The bold was what l held on to when l wanted electrical wiring for my projects in Nigeria, all my wiring came from Alaba boys and they are tenants in one of our house in Satelite town, they didnt play any silly games with me because they all know the implications, the electricians that did the wiring called me aside and said they are all originals and top-notch, l told him the boys that supplied it all live in our house and they all know that fire and brimstone will rain from the sky if anything goes wrong, so nobody wants problem and they supplied an excellent product.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

grin

Hey Mavverick/3Strikes it's time to pass the "padlock chicken coop" award to MSOgunro grin

MsOgunro Did you just say Padlock on this thread? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
4nobody4every1:
The bold was what l held on to when l wanted electrical wiring for my projects in Nigeria, all my wiring came from Alaba boys and they are tenants in one of our house in Satelite town, they didnt play any silly games with me because they all know the implications, the electricians that did the wiring called me aside and said they are all originals and top-notch, l told him the boys that supplied it all live in our house and they all know that fire and brimstone will rain from the sky if anything goes wrong, so nobody wants problem and they supplied an excellent product.
yes o, they wont want to play games with their landlord grin
Anything electrical and electronic, I don't bother myself at all; I will just call and they will deliver the best. Igbo's are nice and if you know their way, you are their "we we"

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Bosun Brabus NextHome seems to have stopped paying Maverick on what was agreed upon as repayment for the FAKE BUILDING APPROVAL issued by him and his gangs. No one seems to be talking about this...WHY?

could it be becos:

1. Lastpage said he shouldn't.
2. Bosun is broke.
3. Bosun want to play hard ball.

should we start warming up again?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
allCopacetic:

Lol, you see am.
When oga spyder dropped those prices ......what did i say?
I also mentioned here.... no company will sell to you at a price cheaper than what you would normally get from thier distributor . That would be sabotage.
What is the name of the sales rep u spoke to?
Next time you call, get in touch with Ayo, Akin or Godswill and do good to ask about us.

@ bolded, im sad to hear you say that oo hajji. Anyways i believe deep down you do smiley, you're just shopping for the best price. Which is the sensible thing to do anyway. Atleast you're doing it in the right quarters and not with some yeye seller that'll give you Prices lower than manufacturing cost and promise you heaven on earth

Meanwhile, i don keep calendar for you

Thanks Allcopacetic, of course now I do know a reliable distributor now.. truly I did not know you deal in electrical cables too.
Now I know where to turn... I actually spoke with and communicate with Taiwo Ikusemoran. And unfortunately when I told them my
quantity, I did not get any more discounts. I shall be in touch with you for better prices and pickup original at their factory.

So far my quantity is below:

1.5mm = 25
2.5mm = 15
4mm = 7
6mm = 3
10mm = 5
Coaxial Cable (for TV) = 10 (But I can pickup this anywhere with low price, does not have to be Coleman or Nigerchin)

Thanks...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

My Chief, why don't you hire one of these youths to make a website for you with pictures and prices of your products?
That way someone like me can window shop without obligation and bothering you.
Just a thought.

God thought. I already persuaded him to come out with a catalog... so a website will be real good for business.
And the guy knows his onions too.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
topsy23:

@Hajj you can see that price of cables is not rriendly these days. People building houses these days believe that services(like Electrical, plumbing and AC) are just minor thing when it comes to building construction. The price I sent to you through whatsapp is still lower than the ones posted above because more discount is given to their major distributor. Price of cables increase almost every month in Nigeria now. God help Nigeria

Yes o. Oga mi. Nice to know that someone can get it cheaper from the Distributors... as long as we have trusted Distributor I will surely patronize them. All I have been doing is going to the factory so I can get the genuine merchandise. Thank you very much sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
3strikes:

MsOgunro Did you just say Padlock on this thread? grin grin grin grin

The joke is going over my head. Isn't it called padlock?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
msogunro:

The joke is going over my head. Isn't it called padlock?

So we were messing with Egun at one point when we had the padlock discussion on this thread. But No worries ...you are good bro.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
mufutau55:

Thanks Allcopacetic, of course now I do know a reliable distributor now.. truly I did not know you deal in electrical cables too.
Now I know where to turn... I actually spoke with and communicate with Taiwo Ikusemoran. And unfortunately when I told them my
quantity, I did not get any more discounts. I shall be in touch with you for better prices and pickup original at their factory.

So far my quantity is below:

1.5mm = 25
2.5mm = 15
4mm = 7
6mm = 3
10mm = 5
Coaxial Cable (for TV) = 10 (But I can pickup this anywhere with low price, does not have to be Coleman or Nigerchin)

Thanks...

Hajji M.

Thanks.

Coaxial cable 10 coils? Are you sure that's not a mistake
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
allCopacetic:

Well, I see your concern but the person may be planning to wire it for DSTV explorer as well as normal TV cabling.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
3strikes:

Bosun Brabus NextHome seems to have stopped paying Maverick on what was agreed upon as repayment for the FAKE BUILDING APPROVAL issued by him and his gangs. No one seems to be talking about this...WHY?

could it be becos:

2. Bosun is broke.

He believes maverick has done his worst. So maverick has to open another book of tricks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
allCopacetic:

Personally i prefer to supply customers directly from the factory when the quantity is reasonable. it keeps the customer assured of what he is getting, absolves the seller of any foul play, and no quack can come and cry wolf because he didn't do the buying.

I will surely prefer to do this with you... see my other msg for quantity for later discussion when I am ready for the stage.
I don't like buying things/materials in advance because they have tendency of "walking away". Thanks you for the explanation.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
mavverick:
So you are here posting pictures of the Chateau, and refused to reply to my message or calls !

I informed you on several occasions today and yesterday that the refund due for the FAKE/FORGED BUILDING PLAN was due yesterday, the outstanding balance remains N100,000 of which you are supposed to be paying N10,000 per week.

[size=15pt]Can you give me/the house an idea of when the next installment payment will be made ? ?

[/size]

Please start settling this offline now... or move it to Brabus opened thread... we are going forward with full speed here now. Thanks.

Or this new Contractor/Builder bashing thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3038050/review-bash-praise-clients-builders

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
msogunro:

Hahaha... what's the story behind this? I know someone called your 2 br apartment a chicken coop, but I missed the padlock part.

Please read back the pages for all the brouhaha.... but please do not comment about it on this thread... it's a dead issue now.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
FastShipping:
I can see this thread is being derailed again.

I will try not to allow it again... being quiet does not mean sign of stupidity ("Gentility is not stupidity"wink. We need to move forward for the sake of everyone.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
3strikes:

could it be becos:

2. Bosun is broke.

Please guys, I beg una... let's move past this... No more derailing of thread o. Thank you all.

Move all comments pertaining to Brabus to the opened bashing thread or thread opened by Brabus himself.

I have posted the link to the "Contractors/Builders Bashing" thread some days ago. Let's move and stay there.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
mufutau55:

Please guys, I beg una... let's move past this... No more derailing of thread o. Thank you all.

Move all comments pertaining to Brabus to the opened bashing thread or thread opened by Brabus himself.

I have posted the link to the "Contractors/Builders Bashing" thread some days ago. Let's move and stay there.

Hajji M.

I tire o.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
allCopacetic:

I think it is... he quoted 2k for each... I need to know how many meters he need, because 1 spool is 100m with Coleman.
Thank you for that...

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
[size=14pt]
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
[/size]https://www.nairaland.com/2690865/nexthome-official-complaint-thread

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
danowena:

Well, I see your concern but the person may be planning to wire it for DSTV explorer as well as normal TV cabling.

Can't DSTV and regular TV works on the same cabling?
I will probably do Cable TV (DSTV) anyway... I hope those includes our National TV stations?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
mufutau55:

I will surely prefer to do this with you... see my other msg for quantity for later discussion when I am ready for the stage.
I don't like buying things/materials in advance because they have tendency of "walking away". Thanks you for the explanation.

Hajji M.

One of my client call it "leaving money on the table"

E ku agba.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
n3xt:

One of my client call it "leaving money on the table"
E ku agba.

Abi now... it has happened to me several times in the past...
They say buy it now because price will go up... but when we ready to buy the materials, we have to buy it all over again.. double whammy!

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
mufutau55:

Abi now... it has happened to me several times in the past...
They say buy it now because price will go up... but when we ready to buy the materials, we have to buy it all over again.. double whammy!

Hajji M.

He call this one "paying for dinner at lunch." You know what eventually happens when it's time for dinner.

You either pay again or sleep on empty stomach. The former always being the case than the latter.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
msogunro:
Pad Lock vs. Double Cylinder Deadbolt Lock

So, I'm still at the fencing and gate stage and would like the houses opinion on the locks to use.

I hate fumbling with padlocks at the pedestrian and car gates. Has anyone used double cylinder deadbolt locks for both of those entry points?

I know these locks are readily available.

I'll pass on the advice that I was given by Madam GabbyTabby back then.

Try not to install your final wow gate now, delay until the end of construction and in the meantime just put a cheapie in there.

Those behemoth Mack trucks have a way of nudging the gates here and there.

Now if you have a straight shot into your lot then the issue is lessened.

As for locks, delay that for sure. You don't want copies of your key in the hands of potentially everyone that comes into your lot now.

I of course didn't follow any if these suggestions and I have my book of lessons learnt grin

Good luck. I haven't even finished this build but reading you and others that are just starting is giving me an itch to start another project. I think I like this planning stages.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'll pass on the advice that I was given by Madam GabbyTabby back then.

Try not to install your final wow gate now, delay until the end of construction and in the meantime just put a cheapie in there.

Those behemoth Mack trucks have a way of nudging the gates here and there.

Now if you have a straight shot into your lot then the issue is lessened.

As for locks, delay that for sure. You don't want copies of your key in the hands of potentially everyone that comes into your lot now.

I of course didn't follow any if these suggestions and I have my book of lessons learnt grin

Good luck. I haven't even finished this build but reading you and others that are just starting is giving me an itch to start another project. I think I like this planning stages.

Great suggestions. Thank you very much!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hmmnnnn
I am trying to be patient before flipping though the books.

Will I take lessons or instructions from a anyhow person ? Absolutely not. Only people who talk sense and do good things with their time.

Onuokwu:

He believes maverick has done his worst. So maverick has to open another book of tricks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
danowena:

its better to go for the anstel 305m per box... better quality and you are sure the measurement is right

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
mufutau55:

Can't DSTV and regular TV works on the same cabling?
I will probably do Cable TV (DSTV) anyway... I hope those includes our National TV stations?

Hajji M.

its better to go for the anstel 305m per box... better quality and you are sure the measurement is right

dstv has up to 6 local stations.... you can run extra antena cable directly to the tv though..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
Please house, is there any disadvantage in using 1"X1" square pipe for burglary?

I am determined to use it but in a right way
Are there different thickness of this square pipe? If yes, where can I get them?
All the ones I have been seeing looks so thin to me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 12:21am On Jul 27, 2016
10K payment received from Bosun Davies Shoyoye aka
Brabus n3xt

Remaining balance 90k, next payment due on the 1st of August 2016.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 12:27am On Jul 27, 2016
3strikes:

could it be becos:

2. Bosun is broke.
4. None of the Above

I guess the Answer is None of the above....... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Una wey dey build make una continue now o. we dey gbadun una.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), djsa(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.