Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365640 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2016
rotecch77:
Good analysis from you Mr brabus ,that is just the way which I knew also, but nobody has a monopoly of wisdom as they says, so oga kolnel give us your own way sir
exactly, and that's why we gather here to learn from each other.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:11am On Jul 29, 2016
WeldHome:

LoL! For knowledge sake sir. Not building or planning to build anytime soon... cheesy
Ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:16am On Jul 29, 2016
fash78:

Bros Allcopacetic sells cables o. I bought all my cables from him at a reasonable price. At least from the little I know about him he no fit sell fake and if there is any issue related to the cable later I know where to run to for complaints
Thank you sir, appreciate the kind comments.
You'll only run to us for more items, not complains cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolseas(f): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2016
Happy discussions....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2016
allCopacetic:

Thank you sir, appreciate the kind comments.
You'll only run to us for more items, not complains cheesy
bros please whatsapp me 08051355133
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2016
Oga you go use 120meters of 10mm copper wire to connect generator house. I forget you dey sell wire and me I dey buy wire case closed.

allCopacetic:

But madam gabby, everybody's house does not share the same electrical plan as yours, things are located differently and the piping network is different. I'm not saying 5 is not too much ...neither am I saying 2 is too little, the point I'm making is you cannot generalize without having certain information at hand first.
There are houses where the gen sets are placed as far away from the building as possible, and the travel path from the supply termination point in the building to the generator is in excess of 30mts, for a 3phase generator that translates to 120mts, thats over a coil already.
In your house the meters and d/ boards might be just 5mts apart for every flat , while in some other house it could be thrice that distance, you never know.
And three phase supply does not just mean having three different lines or having a three phase board, you can have both and still have a single phase connection to the board which is what obtains 90% of the time and what is likely the case in your house too . unless you're about to tell me you got three phase meters for your tenants.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Uberness: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2016
I've been AWOL on this thread & have missed a lot.
Greetings to the pillars :Mufutau55, EgunMogaji, Skimanski, Spyder, Brabus, Abdulwastecx,.....
I don't even know why I started listing names, Now I can't exhaust the List.
Let's enjoy the discussions and Learn.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2016
bolseas:
Really finding it very hard to catch up.

I dey sidelines dey watch with my bowl of akamu and ojojo....

Happy Bumping.

Congrats to the new members

Congrats to the new mommas. God bless your LOs
You are mistaken this thread for the pregnancy & TTC thread, this is a building and construction related thread, but all the same, you are welcome to learn how to save and build your house / future mansion cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolseas(f): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2016
4nobody4every1:
You are mistaken this thread for the pregnancy & TTC thread, this is a building and construction related thread, but all the same, you are welcome to learn how to save and build your house / future mansion cheesy

Lol.... sorry.....i deleted this posted seconds after i posted it. i am surprised it is still there.

very true it is supposed to be the pregnancy thread.

I vist this thread most of the time. i have never posted anyway. just watching and learning and taking note.

Olorun a ko ile ayo fun wa. (God will build happy houses/homes for us)

Thanks for the welcome too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
twinskenny:
bros please whatsapp me 08051355133
Alright chief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
Uberness:
Greetings to the pillars :Mufutau55, EgunMogaji, Skimanski, Spyder, Brabus, Abdulwastecx,.....

Welcome back.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
n3xt:

Interesting links for further reading on Boreholes in Nigeria.

Borehole Drillers Association of Nigeria website
http://bodan.com.ng

Code of Practice for water well construction
http://bodan.com.ng/images/downloads/code%20-of-practice-for-borehole-drilling.pdf

Thank you. The geophysicist is actually on my land now doing the survey. My brother in-law says they arrived at 8am and are still there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
House...

So there is a lot of work happening on my site now. As I mentioned in my previous post geo guys are they doing the survey.

I also have an excavator removing what we thought were a couple boulders, but they have turned into many. Someone made a comment earlier about crushing the boulders and using them on my build. I don't think that is possible for now so I want to know if a mining company can haul them away for free.

Please share your knowledge with me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:
House...
So there is a lot of work happening on my site now. As I mentioned in my previous post geo guys are they doing the survey.
I also have an excavator removing what we thought were a couple boulders, but they have turned into many. Someone made a comment earlier about crushing the boulders and using them on my build. I don't think that is possible for now so I want to know if a mining company can haul them away for free.
Please share your knowledge with me.

When I was growing up many years ago... there used to be people called "Alakuta" in Yoruba language that can break all those boulders into acceptable pieces and you can use it to fill your German Floor, have thought of that.. not expensive like the "crusher company".
They make holes in the boulder and put dynamite inside and shatter the rocks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
mufutau55:

When I was growing up many years ago... there used to be people called "Alakuta" in Yoruba language that can break all those boulders into acceptable pieces and you can use it to fill your German Floor, have thought of that.. not expensive like the "crusher company".
They make holes in the boulder and put dynamite inside and shatter the rocks.

Hajji M.

Dynamite? Wow. Serious business.

I will ask my people to make enquiries.

Thank you Oga. I would love of be able to reuse these boulders when the time comes. Hopefully they come back with positive feedback.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

Dynamite? Wow. Serious business.
I will ask my people to make enquiries.
Thank you Oga. I would love of be able to reuse these boulders when the time comes.
Hopefully they come back with positive feedback.

Most time with big rocks... they punch holes in the rock and use dynamite to break it.
But with small boulder like yours being dug out, they have tools to just break it into pieces manually.
I just hope they are still in existence... with many people nowadays just trying to get rich quickly without working.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
mufutau55:

Most time with big rocks... they punch holes in the rock and use dynamite to break it.
But with small boulder like yours being dug out, they have tools to just break it into pieces manually.
I just hope they are still in existence... with many people nowadays just trying to get rich quickly without working.

Hajji M.

You mean a laborer will use hammer and chisel to break these boulders?

Nah wow!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

Nah wow!

Yes. I came from a rocky town, and that is how it was done then... they have big hammer to break things down to bits.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

Nah wow!

It's a system that's perfected.

They look for natural weak spots but still requires force used intelligently.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
Uberness:

Welcome back Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

Nah wow!
here in the north, they would set fire on it using firewood or condemned tires and the rocks would crack on it's own then they would break it out easily in big pieces and then further break it with hammers to any desired size needed for construction purpose, it was also common in anammbra back in the days while growing up there but it seems those ones have all acquired modern machinery now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
Uberness:

Welcome back.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

Thank you. The geophysicist is actually on my land now doing the survey. My brother in-law says they arrived at 8am and are still there.

Well done. I dey busy at my welding site doing my best on my newly found hobby.

#NowAmAWelder
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
Yes oo.
Its only Malla's hand that can handle it, i had a double casted retaining wall, malla drilled hole inside it within a few hours, plumber/bricklayer didnt not go near it when asked.

Just ask around for Mallam, you mobilise them small to buy new tools etc. At least thats what i did sha.
The dynamite idea should work logically, but I personally will not want dynamites on my site, what if they leave un-exploded ones. To do something like that, it has to be really well controlled.

msogunro:

Nah wow!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
n3xt:

Well done. I dey busy at my welding site doing my best on my newly found hobby.

#NowAmAWelder

"Jack of all trades" grin grin

I appreciate your input.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
mavverick:
Yes oo.
Its only Malla's hand that can handle it, i had a double casted retaining wall, malla drilled hole inside it within a few hours, plumber/bricklayer didnt not go near it when asked.

Just ask around for Mallam, you mobilise them small to buy new tools etc. At least thats what i did sha.
The dynamite idea should work logically, but I personally will not want dynamites on my site, what if they leave un-exploded ones. To do something like that, it has to be really well controlled.

Ah... What can't a malam do?

For now, the boulders will rest. Next step is the fence. I understand my neighbor is chancing me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

"Jack of all trades" grin grin

I appreciate your input.

As in..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

Nah wow!
Oh boy, See something,damn, so when you are going to dig for septic tank what are you going to do? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

For now, the boulders will rest. Next step is the fence. I understand my neighbor is chancing me.

This is clearly an issue of wants vs priority. I'll choose perimeter fencing if found is similar situation.

Boulders can wait!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

Especially if they see heavy equipments on site grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
erico2k2:

Oh boy, See something,damn, so when you are going to dig for septic tank what are you going to do? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

EST now.

Elevated Septic Tanks cheesy

That's going to be a seriously strong foundation. Very nice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gentlesoul83(m), kkonsults and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.