Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,344 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:49 PM

Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari (829 Views)

2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja / Buhari Fires Abeshi, Appoints Babandede As Acting Immigration Boss / Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari by TUMIC(m): 6:46am On Aug 25, 2015
The Plateau State Governor, Mr. Simon Lanlong, earlier today was at the Aso Villa with the suspended Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Immigration Service, David Paradang, to beg President Muhammadu Buhari.

Paradang
The Plateau state born Paradang was suspended from office on Friday, August 21, for embarking on illegal recruitment exercise for the service. The Punch reports that governor arrived the Presidential Villa with Paradang but did not meet the President with him. While Lanlong made his way to the President’s office to meet Buhari, the suspended NIS boss who wore a blue kaftan waited patiently at the waiting room opposite the Council Chambers.

Paradang however decided to join the governor as he stepped out of the president’s office but when he noticed that the governor wanted to address journalists, he quickly stepped aside. He also denied photojournalists from taking his photograph alongside the governor. Lanlong later told State House correspondents that Paradang’s issue was one of the matters he discussed with Buhari.

He said, “I came to see the President on some issues affecting my state. I feel comfortable with the response I got and that is why I am smiling. “I told him (the President) what we are doing on insecurity in our state. “Also, we discussed the prevailing issue of the suspension of the Comptroller-General of Immigration who incidentally is from my state. “When you have issues like this in a political period, you must find ways of looking for reasons. If anything affects any part of your body, you must show concern.”

Talking about the outcome of his discussion with the President on Paradang’s suspension, the governor said the case was still under investigation.

“Paradang’s case is still under investigation. A man was suspended and he is from Plateau State, it is my concern because I am the governor of the state. “For every appointment, we must show concern no matter how small. The President is handling it. At the end of the day, whatever is the outcome, I will agree with it, but I also need to get some explanation as the governor of the state,” he said

“We still have cases of cattle rustling and farm destruction going on in the southern part, but in the last one week, we have taken very good measures and security agencies are working very well in terms of arrest,” he added.

Meanwhile, there is currently a verbal feud begun between a former vice president, Atiku Abubakar and El-Rufai, over the controversial sale of the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (NITEL).

SOURCE:
https://www.naij.com/528661-drama-see-villa-beg-buhari-today.html
Re: Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari by HungerBAD: 6:47am On Aug 25, 2015
Not sure the Immigration Boss got the memo.

That this AWA Government, is not like the last one that gave a lot of rooms for rubbish. Buhari, I know will not take him back, and the door has been shut against his return.

Other Agencies too, are observing this with keen interest. An attempt for Buhari to take him back, will make him look weak.

We cannot show weakness now.

1 Like

Re: Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari by INTROVERT(f): 6:48am On Aug 25, 2015
okay
Re: Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari by myners007: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2015
Lie, Once u are sacked u stay sacked
Re: Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari by tos4u(m): 6:48am On Aug 25, 2015
Okay let the shaking of all sectors and personnel continue
Re: Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari by Abugab(m): 6:54am On Aug 25, 2015
Good move by Lalong to get clearer details from the president on the suspension of the Immigration boss who is also a citizen of his state. Instead of uneccessarily throwing tantrums, seeing the other side of the coin will enable him have a more robust knowledge of the whole matter.
Hope the suspended man gets a fair deal at the end which ever way it turns.
Re: Lanlong, Suspended Immigration Boss In Villa To Beg Buhari by powerfulsettingz: 7:03am On Aug 25, 2015
Beg after short changing Nigeria d in the just concluded recruitment

(1) (Reply)

The Seven Solitudes Of President Buhari - Professor Pius Adesanmi / The First 100 Days - Critical Appraisal Of President Buhari Administration / Dogara Seeks Return Of Nigeria’s Looted Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.