Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,360 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? (1182 Views)

Morata Creates History Is Chelsea Win / Rudiger Sign For Chelsea Fc For A Fee Of 34m From Roma (massage To Fans & Video) / Chelsea FC Mourns Stephen Keshi's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by Jedeye2(m): 7:43am On Aug 25, 2015
who is chelsea best player moment ™?
Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by CaptPlanet(m): 7:55am On Aug 25, 2015
Right now, no one has been outstanding but if I must choose, i'd say Ceasar Azpilicueta.
The right footed leftback has been in fine form since the begining of this season.

Even though CFC's defence has been dodgy do far this season, he has managed to hold his own, unlike the rest of the back 3.
Adding his cheeky clincher against WestBrom on sunday, i'd give it to him.

Played out of position, gives his all, scores a vital goal in a must win game....he doesn't always get the accolade he deserves. He's the best performer in the team so far....

Oh and by the way, FTC baby....yeah!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by Chubhie: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2015
CaptPlanet:
Right now, no one has been outstanding but if I must choose, i'd say Ceasar Azpilicueta.
The right footed leftback has been in fine form since the begining of this season.

Even though CFC's defence has been dodgy do far this season, he has managed to hold his own, unlike the rest of the back 3.
Adding his cheeky clincher against WestBrom on sunday, i'd give it to him.

Played out of position, gives his all, scores a vital goal in a must win game....he doesn't always get the accolade he deserves. He's the best performer in the team so far....

Oh and by the way, FTC baby....yeah!
I totally agree with you. I wish to see Baba Rahman play 3 while he goes back to his natural 2 position. Iva needs a rest. I will play matic and William as defensive midfielders while unleashing fabregas as 10.

That's how I play against big teams on FM.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by CaptPlanet(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
Chubhie:
I totally agree with you. I wish to see Baba Rahman play 3 while he goes back to his natural 2 position. Iva needs a rest. I will play matic and William as defensive midfielders while unleashing fabregas as 10.

Fabregas as our 10 should be amazing but he has not really performed well in that position for us. I think he enjoys sitting with Matic where he can have a bigger picture/vision. Mata would have been a perfect 10 if his work ethic (marking) was atleast u to 8/10. That makes Oscar the best 10 in the team now but he's not consistent and still needs to mature. He's the future tho.

Willian is a nice player but he holds on to the ball a lot and scores less. He's a hardworker that why he still makes the team.

I would love to have Pogba/Veratti/koke sit with Matic in the middle with Fab/Oscar as 10.

You're absolutely sot on with Ivanovic, he needs to rest and he needs competition too. Baba should start against Crystal Palace, let's see what he'll bring to the team.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by Chubhie: 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Fabregas as our 10 should be amazing but he has not really performed well in that position for us. I think he enjoys sitting with Matic where he can have a bigger picture/vision. Mata would have been a perfect 10 if his work ethic (marking) was atleast u to 8/10. That makes Oscar the best 10 in the team now but he's not consistent and still needs to mature. He's the future tho.

Willian is a nice player but he holds on to the ball a lot and scores less. He's a hardworker that why he still makes the team.

I would love to have Pogba/Veratti/koke sit with Matic in the middle with Fab/Oscar as 10.

You're absolutely sot on with Ivanovic, he needs to rest and he needs competition too. Baba should start against Crystal Palace, let's see what he'll bring to the team.
I still have this nostalgic feelings remembering those days we had a complete team in all departments of the field.

From terry-calvalho with makelele sitting in their front. duff robben joe cole kezman on counter!!!

Pogba|verrati|koke paired with matic looks tight. My main concern is our 5 and 6----terry zouma and cahill. Terry has lost his pace due to wear and tear with age and is always exposed when we play a high line. Agureo and the last red he saw attests to that. JT still has my respects for still holding it at this level with his age. He's a true Chelsea legend.

Cahill is never just it for me. Haven't seen nothing convincing about his gameplay. I also played central defence during my time so I'm yet to be convinced on his capabilities. Zouma is fast but would be made a mess of when he meets technically gifted and treacherous players. He still has enough room for his game to mature.

Looking at mancity current setup, they seem perfect and a fearful force this season. The league is their's to lose to Chelsea.
Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by CaptPlanet(m): 7:21am On Aug 26, 2015
Chubhie:
I still have this nostalgic feelings remembering those days we had a complete team in all departments of the field.

From terry-calvalho with makelele sitting in their front. duff robben joe cole kezman on counter!!!

Pogba|verrati|koke paired with matic looks tight. My main concern is our 5 and 6----terry zouma and cahill. Terry has lost his pace due to wear and tear with age and is always exposed when we play a high line. Agureo and the last red he saw attests to that. JT still has my respects for still holding it at this level with his age. He's a true Chelsea legend.

Cahill is never just it for me. Haven't seen nothing convincing about his gameplay. I also played central defence during my time so I'm yet to be convinced on his capabilities. Zouma is fast but would be made a mess of when he meets technically gifted and treacherous players. He still has enough room for his game to mature.

Looking at mancity current setup, they seem perfect and a fearful force this season. The league is their's to lose to Chelsea.

You just brought tears to my eyes lol! Terry, Calvaho combo with Makelele sitting in front of them (wicked). Those were times we could hold out a 1-0 lead from first half. Calvaho's boots were just too big to be filled. I miss him. Cahill is a decent defender esp cos he's playing alongside the best defender in the league. I thought his game would have improved by now even though he gives his all for the team. I won't blame Terry for anything now, the dude has given us everything, played every single game last season and he's almost 35 still he marshalled the defence impeccably over the last decade.
Zouma still has room for improvement and I'm sure he will with more game time. His performance against United and Spurs last season shows he can hold his own against those big names. He bullied Fellaini and Harry Kane throughout the match.

BTW John Stones just handed in his transfer request at Everton. The transfer window is suddenly looking good for us! grin

We need anothe Striker if we won't give Remy more game time. Falcao don't just cut it for me. Remy has goals in him. Scored more than the whole of Liverpool's strike force last season from the bench. Lacazette's rumors have died down. Hoe we get him in too
Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by Chubhie: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2015
CaptPlanet:

You just brought tears to my eyes lol! Terry, Calvaho combo with Makelele sitting in front of them (wicked). Those were times we could hold out a 1-0 lead from first half. Calvaho's boots were just too big to be filled. I miss him. Cahill is a decent defender esp cos he's playing alongside the best defender in the league. I thought his game would have improved by now even though he gives his all for the team. I won't blame Terry for anything now, the dude has given us everything, played every single game last season and he's almost 35 still he marshalled the defence impeccably over the last decade.
Zouma still has room for improvement and I'm sure he will with more game time. His performance against United and Spurs last season shows he can hold his own against those big names. He bullied Fellaini and Harry Kane throughout the match.

BTW John Stones just handed in his transfer request at Everton. The transfer window is suddenly looking good for us! grin

We need anothe Striker if we won't give Remy more game time. Falcao don't just cut it for me. Remy has goals in him. Scored more than the whole of Liverpool's strike force last season from the bench. Lacazette's rumors have died down. Hoe we get him in too
Just read john stones story now. Seems pogba deal is looking brighter too.

Falcao and Remy will get more playing time probably during league cup. Falcao needs to build his confidence in front of goal with small teams.

You noticed during the last game when Hazard made one unexpected cross into the box with Falcao nowhere to be found? Did you notice Hazard's reactions? I wasn't happy with Hazard's reaction---- it punctures the very confidence needed to encourage Falcao.

If we succeed in landing Stones and Pogba, I believe we have a balanced team to fight on all fronts to glory.
Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by CaptPlanet(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2015
Chubhie:
Just read john stones story now. Seems pogba deal is looking brighter too.

Falcao and Remy will get more playing time probably during league cup. Falcao needs to build his confidence in front of goal with small teams.

You noticed during the last game when Hazard made one unexpected cross into the box with Falcao nowhere to be found? Did you notice Hazard's reactions? I wasn't happy with Hazard's reaction---- it punctures the very confidence needed to encourage Falcao.

If we succeed in landing Stones and Pogba, I believe we have a balanced team to fight on all fronts to glory.

Winners welcome criticism, they draw strength from it, just ask Drogba. It took him about 2 seasons to start firing on all cylinders but never complained about this "confidence" thing. Remy wasn't starting games and wasn't playing much but you can see/notice the fight in him.

Falcao is an established striker, he has played all over the world, torn defences apart including ours, so confidence shouldn't be him issue. I don't buy into that school of thought. He has to rise to the occasion, period.

As much I'd like to have Pogba, he's too expensive. 70m for him is outrageous. We could get Imbula/ Veratti/Koke all for less (please watch Imbula on youtube). Better yet, we can give Ruben Loftus-Cheek more game time. I won't keep my hopes high for Pogba's signature.

We need John Stones, I understand he's a huge talent for Everton but why is Martinez being a big baby about it? He signed Lukaku and Eto'o from us and he's still looking to take Moses too. Plus he signs players from other teams as well. I'm glad Stones has tendered his transfer request. We should wrap that deal up soon!

Modified: Here's Imbula's link. https://m.youtube.com/results?q=imbula%20highlights&sm=1
Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by prelinctus: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2015
Chubhie:

Cesar is Chelsea's best player at the moment. He's playing very well as a left back. Why then should he be moved to right back? Remember, if it ain't broke, don't fix.
Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by Chubhie: 9:10am On Aug 26, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Winners welcome criticism, they draw strength from it, just ask Drogba. It took him about 2 seasons to start firing on all cylinders but never complained about this "confidence" thing. Remy wasn't starting games and wasn't playing much but you can see/notice the fight in him.

Falcao is an established striker, he has played all over the world, torn defences apart including ours, so confidence shouldn't be him issue. I don't buy into that school of thought. He has to rise to the occasion, period.

As much I'd like to have Pogba, he's too expensive. 70m for him is outrageous. We could get Imbula/ Veratti/Koke all for less (please watch Imbula on youtube). Better yet, we can give Ruben Loftus-Cheek more game time. I won't keep my hopes high for Pogba's signature.

We need John Stones, I understand he's a huge talent for Everton but why is Martinez being a big baby about it? He signed Lukaku and Eto'o from us and he's still looking to take Moses too. Plus he signs players from other teams as well. I'm glad Stones has tendered his transfer request. We should wrap that deal up soon!
Very Apt analysis. I agree with you 101%. Looking forward to the next chelsea and pray to catch you online so we discuss the tactical aspects realtime. Do have a great day Capone.
Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by Chubhie: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2015
prelinctus:

Cesar is Chelsea's best player at the moment. He's playing very well as a left back. Why then should he be moved to right back? Remember, if it ain't broke, don't fix.

1. To give Iva some needed rest and make the right back which is now our weak link stronger.

2. Accommodate Rahman who's a natural left back

3. Play Cesar in his natural habitat as right back

4. Cesar striking up understanding with Pedro in that right flank looks deadly.
Re: Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? by CaptPlanet(m): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2015
Chubhie:
Very Apt analysis. I agree with you 101%. Looking forward to the next chelsea and pray to catch you online so we discuss the tactical aspects realtime. Do have a great day Capone.

The feeling is mutual bro! I can't wait to see what we do before the window shuts.

Have yourself a great day too!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Government Renames Liberation Stadium After General Yakubu Gowon / Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful / Hilarious : See What Photoshop Users Are Doing To Cr7's Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.