Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi (1822 Views)

Senator George Sekibo Blows A Whistle At Plenary Session Over Ikoyi Billions / Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening / Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2015
Members of the Port-Harcourt branch of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), on Monday disrupted a session of the law body’s annual conference over an invitation extended to former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Ameachi to address them.

The placard-carrying protesters opposed Ameachi’s presence on the ground that Amaechi’s government shut courts in the state for one year during his tenure.

The protest degenerated into brawl when Ameachi, who was the co-chairman of the session, wanted to speak and another group of lawyers challenged the protesters.
For about 30 minutes, the NBA President, Augustine Alegeh (SAN) and security personnel had to plead with the protesters before order was restored and the continuation of the session, tagged: ” Public perception of lawyers; is the esteem justified?”
Expressing his disappointment, the chairman of the session, Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, said: “It is sad that people who claimed to be learned gentlemen are irresponsible.”
Oshiomhole added: “This is the height of irresponsibility, lawyers shouting like touts. My privileges have been violated, the rules of the professional conducts thrown to the dust bin. I could not differentiate between the touts in motor park Benin City and the lawyers”.
Oshiomhole said that the scene must have been one of the most embarrassing moments for the Chief Judge of Kogi State, Justice Nasiru Ajana, who presented the lead paper.
In his remark, when he was allowed to continue, Ameachi said that while the disruption lasted he was telling his lawyer that it was politics and whether it would be proper to get others to disrupt any similar speech by his successor, Nyesom Wike.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/protesting-lawyers-disrupt-nba-session-amaechi/

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2015
Foolish Lawyers. What role did Amaechi play that NJC led by OCJ Okocha didnt play their part also in shutting down the courts.
Was OCJ Okocha also not in the hall? did these Wike Lawyers also protested his presence based on the reasons they did for Amaechi?
The good thing is the General of Common sense revolution still went ahead to play his role.
Hopeless fools.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2015
K
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by lwise(m): 8:18am On Aug 25, 2015
Demdem:
Foolish Lawyers. What role did Amaechi play that NJC led by OCJ Okocha didnt play their part also in shutting down the courts.
Was OCJ Okocha also not in the hall? did these Wike Lawyers also protested his presence based on the reasons they did for Amaechi?
The good thing is the General of Common sense revolution still went ahead to play his role.
Hopeless fools.

I guess you are the foolish one here,in a sane society Amaechi should be in jail by now.

5 Likes

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by erunz(m): 8:18am On Aug 25, 2015
OK
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2015
lwise:

I guess you are the foolish one here,in a sane society Amaechi should be in jail by now.

Fool, because u desire so right? Oponu.

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by seunmsg(m): 8:26am On Aug 25, 2015
lwise:

Yeah, Amaechi should be in jail while GEJ is cooling off in Kenya and Deziani is faking sickness in London.

Shouting and behaving like garage touts is an unprofessional behaviour by any standard. The erring lawyers should be sanctioned by the NBA leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by ifeegee(f): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2015
Can the various political pundits on this forum ever contribute constructively and objectively without throwing jab of insults around ?
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:34am On Aug 25, 2015
seunmsg:

Shouting and behaving like garage touts is an unprofessional behaviour by any standard. The erring lawyers should be sanctioned by the NBA leadership.

By the way, this is a core Wike trademark

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by Duhduhduh: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2015
So sad that the NBA has wittingly (for those who know ) and unwittingly (for the ignorant) allowed serious NBA issues to become a Dawggish affair! Instead of truth b4 cant.it is now can b4 truth! Too bad!
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by JingoOAU(m): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2015
Don't mind those charge and bail lawyers who only depend on the crumbs thrown at them by Wike and co....

Amaechi is giving them a restless life...PEJ and GEJ has accepted their fates, I don't know why Wike hasn't.....the idiot has been going from one Bishop to another begging for prayers....same attitude that got GEJ sacked....clueless mofo who has no agenda for the people of Rivers other than assembling thugs and touts to carry out protests against perceived enemies
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by Desric(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2015
lwise:

For killing you?
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by patrick89(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2015
EVIL+LIARS+HYPOCRITE= APC

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by yorubatic: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2015
My people have become too cowardly in this nigeria. They are now clowns, ibos have become their nightmare, that they even see ibo giants in their dreams...

My people has turn the sophisticated odua nation to laughing stock...they have shown the world that they are weaklings and O'yes to the Hausa / Fulani muslims. ..it is shame that my sophisticated and progressive people are a bunch of confused people who have no aspiration whatsoever. ..

It seems musiwa and I are the only brave people among our kins. ...musiwa want a western nigeria and I want a sophisticated and progressive Odu'a. ..but my coward folks want to keep being slaves to their Hausa / Fulani masters. ..

Let us that agitating for odua republic where there be no ibos, where lagos will not be no man's land...yorubas wake up. ...we can't remain cowards

My people should stop behaving like clowns ....God can deliver my people
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by Chiaka(f): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2015
I don't blame them. Ameachi will sure be one un invited guest there ! grin grin grin grin
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi by Chiaka(f): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2015
see your write up 'Let us that agitating for odua republic where there be no ibos, where lagos will not be no man's land...yorubas wake up. ...we can't remain cowards ..............Shows you also see giants Igbos in your dreams also.... grin grin grin grin grin

yorubatic:
My people have become too cowardly in this nigeria. They are now clowns, ibos have become their nightmare, that they even see ibo giants in their dreams...

My people has turn the sophisticated odua nation to laughing stock...they have shown the world that they are weaklings and O'yes to the Hausa / Fulani muslims. ..it is shame that my sophisticated and progressive people are a bunch of confused people who have no aspiration whatsoever. ..

It seems musiwa and I are the only brave people among our kins. ...musiwa want a western nigeria and I want a sophisticated and progressive Odu'a. ..but my coward folks want to keep being slaves to their Hausa / Fulani masters. ..

Let us that agitating for odua republic where there be no ibos, where lagos will not be no man's land...yorubas wake up. ...we can't remain cowards

My people should stop behaving like clowns ....God can deliver my people

(1) (Reply)

Two Boko Haram Were Caught At Ilorin Yesterday / Nnamdi Kanu Is A Spirit, He Was Sent By God - Festival Of Pics / The Truth About Video Implicating Mama Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.