Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (33492 Views)

NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Chuckdee(m): 3:37am On Apr 12, 2009
ha haa! peps this is so nostalgic and the memories are so sweet i dont wanna let go.
For guys that grew up in the east especially enugu do you remember:

Night Ryder A.K.A Kitt/ Michael Knit ( How many people back then really knew programmes by their real names lol!), you just hv to abandone wateva it is you were doing once you here the theme song for this program every Saturday evening.
-Wonder Woman!
-ovid Video!
-Get Smart! ( my oh my, though we understood less of the english spoken, we enjoyed the tricks especially using shoes to make phone calls, remember 99?!)
-Super TED!( loved TEX most!)
-KidiVision 101
-Speak out
-Zeebee
-Ichoku
-Danger Mouse
-Schools debate!( you do go gaga when your skool was being aired lol!)
-Superman (remember i had a superman polo then, my best for parties lol!)
-Cadbury sartuday morning show( the best programing for sarturday mornings but you do be divided btw weekend chores and taking steals at the TV!)
-Another life! (then this programme really bored me to death!, what were they tinking? just in doors talking n talking, no action, no gunshots, no karate! KMT! lol)
-Willy willy- Scary shit back then!
-The all mighty Tales by Moonlight!
- Frank olize's News line (was about the only day network news was worth watching!!)
-JETS (Junior engineers watever lol!)
- Ripples
Cheii, i am sure i will remember more later, i can still recall most of the theme songs!, everything was cool back then, i guess it was b'cos the options were limited and the programmers put in their best, checkmate, behind the clouds, mirror in the sun, and cockcrow at dawn were total classics i do love to own a personal collection of all these. na wah, even the radio stations were cool then, I hated music from the Masters on sundays hahah!

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by omega25red(m): 4:24am On Apr 12, 2009
wow i remember most of those shows lol
God i hated that instructional tv that came on before sesame street, loved behind the clouds until one of the cast members died and the show got cancelled (okonzua) bout i know a show that no one mentioned at lest i dont think. Does anyone remember

MR. B (madame the madame it's a matter of cash)

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Anikeji: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2009
Gosh what were the names of those math shows that came on at 5ish?

Or maybe they were Math and Science, with some talking robot.

All I have stuck in my head is this song

Rubber, rubber, rubber,
rubber is fantastic

Rubber, rubber, rubber
rubber is elastic

Yeah, Speakout, Tales by moonlight and Fraggle rock

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 8:27am On Apr 12, 2009
Ehee, I knew i wasnt the only one missing hell outta the 80's.Who remembers the nasco biscuit,planta and golden morn advert, Thermocool, Makes things better,makes better things.And funny enough i still remember the 'nigeria is 25,join to build the nation'independence theme song, How i take forget storyland?Can anyone remind me of that ogbanje girl that killed her dad in an accident, A movie i think?

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by rasputinn(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2009
NTA network programming of the 80's were so impactful largely due to the non-existence of cable TV by then.
However one can say that Nigerian soaps were better thought true back then,did somebody mention the village headmaster and hotel the Jordan?Now those were classic
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by FGD(f): 8:56am On Apr 12, 2009
Yeah! I do miss the good ol' times.
Times when you have time to quickly do your homework b4 TV stations came on at 4/5pm.

I deeply miss;

Fragle Rock
Ovide video, smart
Super Ted.

Brush Strokes,
Demsey & Makepeace
Jake & the Fatman
Behind the clouds
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Enomis(f): 8:59am On Apr 12, 2009
Chai! willie willie! i never could go anywhere alone,
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by ono(m): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2009
I can guess the age bracket of all of ya.

26 - 36
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by cvibe: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2009
Probably
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by kablooee: 11:03am On Apr 12, 2009
Dangerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Mouse
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by kablooee: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2009
even my ID "kablooee" reminds me of the 80's. damn! i want to to return
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2009

14. Doctor Who
16. The Invisible Man
Wow. . . how can I forget these? Plus 'Speak-out'. How about Frank Olize's newsline?
Oh if only we can turn back the hand of the clock. . . .
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2009
Yeah,i remember those days at zaria when i and pop used to stay up late bout 11ish to watch wrestling, Not wwf back then, It came later with royal rumble,summer slam, How could i forget moonlighting,father downings mysteries,different strokes,mixed blessings,ninja turtles,the third eye,crown court,the cosby show grin,cheers,knowing me,knowing you(nta ph), Will remember more

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by ElRazur: 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2009
phantom:

Yeah,i remember those days at zaria when i and pop used to stay up late bout 11ish to watch wrestling, Not wwf back then, It came later with royal rumble,summer slam, How could i forget moonlighting,father downings mysteries,different strokes,mixed blessings,ninja turtles,the third eye,crown court,the cosby show grin,cheers,knowing me,knowing you(nta ph), Will remember more

"On the mart [or mat]" was the proper wrestling before the advent of wwf, royal rumble etc. They gave us "Michael Hayes" "Kevin" "Mascara" "Mighty Igor" etc.

I hurt myself trying to emulate some of those flying moves. grin

I think after those people came "The warrior" "New mascara" "Papa shango" "Hulk hogan", but by then I already realised wrestling was scripted, You can imagine the anger in me. angry lol
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by spikedcylinder: 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2009
Pon pon, pon pon Super Vlisco Static! grin grin grin

Chai! I don old o. grin grin grin
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2009
This is NTA 2 channel 5, transmitting at a frequency of bla bla bla mega-hertz, we start our programme line up with Robin of Sherwood, followed by 4.30pm with Rent-a -ghost, then Speak-out( boring to me), then after one hour, goodies with Allo-Allo, which tyhey always repeated, Ooh REne!!! then there was tundu kala peter, Peteru and his toy box + ati be be lo, these days, all children watch is Pasa pasa, lakuku lala, its nt good, the generation that brought this crap, the future's scary wen i think it

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by promise72(m): 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2009
Dont forget the "Love Brother"

Hawaii 5-0

Swat.

All the Indian films on LTV 8 (Especially the Burning Train)

Aditu

Speed Racer

Jacob and Aderu Poko

All the News in 3 Languages (All NTA has to carry it. Then u Jump to LTV cool

The Interludes during Sesame Streets cheesy

LTV 8 was also big on Music Videos. (Donna Summer, New Kids on the Block, Thriller, etc)

Ahhhhhhh Fun Memories. grin
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by pappilo(m): 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2009
Burning Train: I cried my eyes out!

Theme song to Allo Allo makes me cry, I dont know why. Same for Muppet Babies. I loved Fraggle Rock as well. Anyone remeber that episode when they had no water and I think it was Gonzos 'Ajala travel' uncle gave him an umbrella and they used it to tap the pipes while singing

Please water run
Please water run
Please water
please water
please water run.

I also remeber this song from a scene from Sesame street

I went to the barbers shop
told him to cut my hair
Cos I have never seen my face
Since 1964
Snippity snip.

To the dude who remebers tyhe lyrics to Nigeria is 25, can you please post it.

Thanks
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by MadMax1(f): 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2009
richyblack:
Drama and comedy:
1. Cock Crow at Dawn - I miss Bitrus (Sadiq Daba) and Zamaye (Ene Oloja)
2. Village Head Master - Chief Eleyinmi, Amebo, etc.
3. New Masquerade - the theme song is beautiful; miss Apena, Chief Zebrudaya, Natti, Jegede Shokoya, Clarus, Gringory and Ovularia
4. Robin of Sherwood
5. Howards' Way
6. Matlock
7. CHiPs
8. Hawaii Five-O
9. Jemima Shore Investigates
10. CI5 (The Professionals)
11. The Avengers
12. The Love Boat
13. Charlie's Angels
14. Doctor Who
15. Starsky and Hutch
16. The Invisible Man
17. Sanduka
18. Moonlighting
19. Bigfoot and Wildboy - http://www.70slivekidvid.com/bfwb.htm
20. 'Allo 'Allo!
21. Fawlty Towers
22. Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em - Frank Spencer is sick!
23. Mind Your Language
24. Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)
25. Good Times
26. The Jeffersons

Educational:
1. Pronto Brain Match
2. Young Brains - hosted by Peter Okebukola
3. Mastermind - anybody remember the name of the host?
4. Funny Company - learnt a lot!
5. 3-2-1 Contact - really inspired me
6. Wild wild world of animals
7. Cosmos - may God bless Carl Sagan!
8. The Africans: A Triple Heritage - thank you Ali Mazrui!
9. One Northern Summer - introduced me to the word "tundra".
10. Kiddie Vision 101

What a memory! I saw everything on that Drama list except CHIPS/STASRKY AND HUTCH/MATLOCK. Only COSMOS and 3-2-1 Contact on the second list. Did you ever see
ARC 2
The Man in the Briefcase
Vegas

I remember Howard's way. Good drama. Cockcrow at Dawn had a lovely theme song by Bongos. Randall and Hopkins is the guy in white who won't stay dead.I LOVED Robin of Sherwood. The music and the atmosphere was fabulous. And Bigfoot!I'd forgotten that one! And Sandoka, the guy with the sword! The CI5 guys were the coolest things in existence,along with The Saint. The Invisible Man! Peter! grin
Man, the nolstagia is just,

Spike I remember that car ad. The cartoon car with the symptoms. Man, those were amazingly creative years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2009
@papillo, Sorry dude,cant remember all the lyrics, But i vaguely remember the tune, Who remembers the either lux or joy ad with patti boulaye and the newer one wit the short lady, And the action detergent ad, The mechanic who soiled his overall and the little girl eatin grin
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2009
'these are the people in my neighbourhood,in my neighbourhood,in my neigh, Bour, Hood,these are the people in my neighbourhood,the people that you see each day', na wa o!I learnt so much from sesame street.Remember the episode wit the thirsty man screamin aqua! aqua! grin
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by pappilo(m): 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2009
Nigeria is 25
The 'art' we did survive
Arise salute the Nation
Come join the celebration
A people united will never fall
on our 'blah blah', its the almighty
blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah

Anyone remeber the rest and the right lyrics?

What about Speedy Racer. Was he No 5 or 10? Cant really remeber. I,m sure you all knew his brother No 9 was actually faster than he was.

I like the theme song for Robin Hood as well and could never get my head round why that big guy was called lil John
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by MrCrackles(m): 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2009
I dont miss NTA coz i never even got the chance to watch much of it!
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2009
I remember on nta kad, ,URTNA,showcaring dances from different african countries, And i miss tosin jegede makin me green wit envy. Kai,i pity todays kids.Either dem dey follow uncle dey watch channel o or follow aunty dey watch gardeners daughter cry
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2009
Nobody remembered JOE 90 shocked shocked
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by blackboy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 12, 2009
NTA of the eighties? hmm Well, when NTA used to be the supremo and only station, come on, we had little or no choice. I remember when I got into the country I'd sit in front of the TV watching the snow flakes until they start by 4pm or is it 5pm ( can't remember). It was a torture. Thank God for private television now.HURRAY 24 hours TV!!!

NTA new presenters especially the ladies were well attired and really gorgeous. The read news really well, somthing our private stations need to pick up from. Some presenters can't even , let me not go there and there outsits , ( obviously borrowed ), let me not go any further and , come on ,

NTA back then has the funniest wackiest and interest Nigerian Soaps and , well to sum it up , I can't say I miss it. Our private stations are doing a pretty good job. Nothing like variety - THE SPICE OF LIFE
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2009
SUPER TED, i miss all this episodes!

1. SuperTed and Mother Nature
2. SuperTed and the Gorilla
3. SuperTed and the City Of The Dead
4. SuperTed and the Elephant's Graveyard
5. SuperTed and the Giant Kites
6. SuperTed and the Goldmine
7. SuperTed and the Great Horrendo
8. SuperTed and the Gun Smugglers
9. SuperTed and the Inca Treasure
10. SuperTed And the Lumberjacks
11. SuperTed and Nuts In Space
12. SuperTed and the Pearlfishers
13. SuperTed and the Pothole Rescue
14. SuperTed and the Stolen Rocket
15. SuperTed and the Train Robbers
16. SuperTed and Trouble in Space - Part 1
17. SuperTed and Trouble in Space - Part 2
18. SuperTed at Creepy Castle
19. SuperTed at the Funfair
20. SuperTed at the Toy Shop
21. SuperTed in China Town
22. SuperTed in the Arctic
23. SuperTed Kicks Up the Dust
24. SuperTed on Planet Spot
25. Bulk's Story
26. SuperTed Meets Father Christmas
27. SuperTed and the Crystal Ball
28. SuperTed and the Magic Word - Part 1
29. SuperTed and the Magic Word - Part 2
30. SuperTed and the Whales
31. SuperTed in Texas
32. SuperTed in Spotty and the Indians
33. SuperTed and the Rattle Snake
34. SuperTed Goes Round the Bend
35. SuperTed's Dream
36. Tex's Magic Spell

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by ceah(m): 7:56am On Apr 13, 2009
THE GREAT 80S, WHAT A YEAR TO REMEMBER, I REMEMBER WHEN MY UNCLE'S CHILD WAS BORN ABOUT 3 YEARS BACK, THAT WAS WHEN SILVERBIRD CINEMA IN LAGOS STARTED, THE FIRST THING THIS GUY GOT TO KNOW IS THE NOISE OF TROY, IMAGINE A YOUNG BOY SHOUTING TROY, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE PRIVATE STATIONS NOW ARE DOING TO OUR NEWLY BORN CHILDREN, WE SHOULDNT EXPECT CRIME AND ALL THIS SHIT TO REDUCE COS OF THIS SHIT CALLED GLOBAL VILLAGE,

WHAT A WONDERFUL PERIOD CALKLED THE 80S,

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by ElRazur: 8:51am On Apr 13, 2009
Anyone here[b] Break danced[/b] in the 80s? I did! I wish we can bring back the 80s. grin
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by NeroPapas(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2009
I do!

NTA 2 Channel 5, the reach out Station. I wonder the kind of programmes they air now undecided.

Back then, Sunday Evenings, Tales by moonlight, I really love seeing it. How about behind the clouds, The village headmaster, Koko Close etc.

Abeg make we leave am, things don change cry
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by echezz: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2009
Yea, the dull white and black colour of the network news, the scratchy sound that overshadows the news report. Can't wait for 9pm; time for bed.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by goodass(m): 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2009
lemme add d ff:

Saturday morning u no wan miss IWA with mighty igor, mill mascara, tex mckenzie, dino & gino bravo, d mangoes etc
there was also Morning Ride wt Danladi Bako. fitness section wt Pamela Mojekwu
1pm u have USA (from wch WWE evolved)- d von erik brodas, michael hayes, etc
4pm was NTA Sports with late Yinka Craig, Modele was a corper then (now big madam). 9c package back then
Sunday late 9t u get thrilled by Brazillian futbol

there was ds gameshow abt 9ja then 'Take a Trip', anchor was Obileye (4gotten d 1st name nw)
there was JETS quiz wt Peter Okebukola anchoring (yrs b4 he started lecturing in higher institutn)
School Debate & School Choral aired also

cant 4get
SWAT
d Soul Train
charlie's angels
Fantastic 4
'do ur thing'
Thundersub
d Invisible Man
Mr B ('if u wanna b a millionaire, tink lyk a millionaire')
madam kofo, anuka, okonkwo and tisha in Second Chance
sitcoms lyk Ripples, Behind d Cloud, d rich also cry, 4gotten d title of ds 1 in wch late Erakpotobor starred as 'Mr Shanana'

I no dey miss my fav:
cock crow @ dawn (na UBA dey sponsor am, cant 4get d jingle lailai)
Robin Hood
Voltron
Tom Grathan's War
Some mothers do av them -mr spencer
Jagwa
Tales by moonlyt
Samanja
Sura de Tailor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It's Hard For Me To Sleep At Night Without Nini - Saga / BBNaija S6: Beatrice, Peace Squabble During Task Preparation / #BBNaija2018: Lolu Cries As DJ Xclusive Appreciates Him (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.