Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,276 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:02 PM

Religion Place In Modern World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Place In Modern World (432 Views)

Civilized Christians In A Modern World / All Atheist Will Have Their Place In The Lake Of Fire / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Place In Modern World by IBvoss(m): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2015
I'm begining to wonder what place religion has in this modern world. With the advancement of science and new scientific discoveries put the concept of God in real doubt. But i do not doubt my religion and will always have faith in it as it i believe it is the way to go. For example none of the religions lays emphasis on the cosmos. As far as i know only the moon and sun are the only cosmic bodies in which our religions acknowledge out of the infinite bodies of the universe.
. How does religion explain man landing on the moon,other planets and space all this has been oblivious to all religions even the closest planets to our own earth people were not aware of and ignorantly believed that there was only earth,the moon,sun and stars which were just mere light. This is alarming because at this rate of scientific advancement and discovieries,maybe in the next 50 years the concept of religion might have been eradicated. What amuses me is the number of ignorant people whose shallow minds pays no attention to these and just keep on living simple believing that there is just one religion,their own,everything is false and believr nothing else than what they learned from their religion.

To all these ignorant fellows what would you do when alien life is finally discovered. I know they will think of a way to twist it and relate it to their religion.who even knows maybe alien life has already been discovered but is kept a secret from the public not to cause serious confusion and panic. Maybe the extraterrestials are waiting for a period in the future when all human minds are prepared for it and decide not to be oblivious of the world outside of their world.
. Most people choose to be oblivious and i dont blame them because if they start to take interest in the the scientific discoveries it put their faith in doubt and they dont want this to happen because the religion is all they have known and are familar with all their lives. Some would say all these discoveries are fake that it is all an illusion,that the foreigners are decieving us,the moon landing was staged. But the existence of the universe cant be faked or isnt a theory.

Although,most either choose to believe in science or religion i have choosen to believe in both because both of these have major flaws. There are somethings in which religion explains and science doesnt and vice versa. Why is it that the existence of universe and its bodies were never stated in fellow religions. I think that we might only be looking at them in the wrong way. For instance,it is believed in my religion islam that there are seven heavens this might mean maybe the universe in some way or just some invinsible spiritual place. Non regardless the true answer to all life mysteries can only be explained when you finnaly die

(1) (Reply)

Vanity / A New Ruler Has Emerge / Make Christ Your Icon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.