Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) (73425 Views)

Strange Car Seen On Badagry, Lagos Road This Morning (photos) / Carpet Grass Plated Car Seen On The Streets Of Akure, Ondo State / PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by MosakuAW(m): 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
iammrjohnson:
that might cause a drastic increase in price such that the common man for whom the product was made will not be able to afford it..there's a particular toyota landcruiser jeep whose price is now ridiculous just because it's mostly politicians that purchase it..even elizade followed the trend..

You are 100% right.
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by chigoizie7(m): 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
Omotayor123:
Assembled in Nigeria!

Not Bad.

NO, its made in Nigeria,
80% of the components are Locally sourced (Nnewi and Enugu)

Yeah, still not bad.

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by RexTramadol1: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
jesussaves22:
Why are you saying this? Have you not seen his bus and suv on high ways? Have you heard that the tyres pull's out or any bad have happened to them on the highway When Innoson came for rochas daughter wedding he rode in his innoson suv. Why criticizing our own? Have you not seen new Toyota hiace got fire on highway

U make me laff. HaHaHahahaha!!!!!!!
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by chigoizie7(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
GentleToks:
Point of correction, Car assembled by Innoson in Nigeria. All parts of that car were imported into this country and assembled by Innoson.

Onukwu odeku. If u don't know what it means, ask an igbo man
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by ebony2011(m): 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
Govt should subsidize the car.
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by chigoizie7(m): 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
sweetgala:

There is no good reason why all government agencies should not be using innoson vehicles.
Innoson need to put their vehicles through international safely standards and pass USA conformity checks since most of our cars come from there.

The police should also be using innoson for their patrol vehicles

Go to south east, u will see IVM everywhere.

I believe the reason why d op captioned itn "seen on the streets of lagos" is because many tribal bigots has been hammering that IVM cannot be seen anywhere in Nigeria except south east. He only proved dem wrong that it can also Be seen in Lagos, southwest, I ve seen them in south south too, den, I ve seen dem in abuja aswell.

I just don't get it, why are people so mean and wicked?

Btw, this vehicle is 80% made in Nigeria(80% of the parts are locally sourced, mainly from Nnewi and enugu, if u Doubt me, take a tour to IVM Nnewi and see for yourself.

I don't know why Nigerians are so wicked, why dey can't love their own. Wikipedia recently added Nigeria to its list of countries that produces cars, using only IVM as reference because 80% of its components are from Nigeria unlike Nissan, PAN(peugote) etc. These ones are assembled in Nigeria and not made in Nigeria, that was why they were not included as cars made in Nigeria by wikipedia.

Btw, please quote me anywhere u want to, "NO vehicle manufacturing company produces its components 100%" some components are sourced elsewhere. U can research on that too.

Always try to get ur facts straight b4 u say anything and stop being blinded by tribalism and religious bigotry.

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by GentleToks(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
chigoizie7:

Onukwu odeku. If u don't know what it means, ask an igbo man

Are u stupid or what? Why would you ask a Yoruba guy to ask one of Nobodies-Igbos in this country to interpret one of the most repulsive sounding language on earth after Dutch.

Perhaps you need to be told that you are chatting with a Yoruba guy; it's a privilege for you to be offered a platform to chat with a Yoruba guy.

I am a Yoruba man, i won't stoop low to chat with Igbos
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by wiseoneking: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
justi4jesu:
cool cool More power to Innoson Motors. You have my 100% support. Just try and assemble your cars to suit the ruggedness of our Nigerian roads.
Ops, never assembled but totally built in nigeria, courtesy CNN
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by sweetgala(m): 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
chigoizie7:

I believe the reason why d op captioned itn "seen on the streets of lagos" is because many tribal bigots has been hammering that IVM cannot be seen anywhere in Nigeria except south east. He only proved dem wrong that it can also Be seen in Lagos, southwest, I ve seen them in south south too, den, I ve seen dem in abuja aswell.

Btw, this vehicle is 80% made in Nigeria(80% of the parts are locally sourced, mainly from Nnewi and enugu, if u Doubt me, take a tour to IVM Nnewi and see for yourself.

I don't know why Nigerians are so wicked, why dey can't love their own. Wikipedia recently added Nigeria to its list of countries that produces cars, using only IVM as reference because 80% of its components are from Nigeria unlike Nissan, PAN(peugote) etc. These ones are assembled in Nigeria and not made in Nigeria, that was why they were not included as cars made in Nigeria by wikipedia.

Btw, please quote me anywhere u want to, "NO vehicle manufacturing company produces its components 100%" some components are sourced elsewhere. U can research on that too.

Always try to get ur facts straight b4 u say anything and stop being blinded by tribalism and religious bigotry.

While I am patriotic as a Nigerian you can't fault many Nigerians for wanting to buy more exotic foreign brands, the likes of Toyota, kia and Honda are dominating the small to medium size family sedans , it would be difficult for IVM to match their quality or value for money.

For IVM to really progress, they need to improve their marketing and target young first time owners , the graduates the university students. There is no good reason IVM can not be tied into any future military and police vehicle development.

On your claim that tribalsims is why people do not buy IVM I would put it to you this way, while patriotism is a good reason when it comes to car ownership an image matters, when a man buys a toyota corolla he buys into the guaranteed quality, when a guy goes out to buy a range rover or Mercedes he keys into the elegance , IVM need to find their niche

I don't know their prices but can you provide the prices

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
Ghost01:
Some of the components of the cars were imported while some other components were made right there in Nnewi. Besides, most of those working at the assembly plant are Nigerians. This is a leap forward. We must commend it.

The vehicles use 60% locally sourced parts, some of which are sourced from inosson subsidiaries, local suppliers, Ibeto industries supplying the batteries, and the engine coming in from Germany.

It is a truly Nigerian Vehicle. We should all be proud of inosson.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by cyprus000: 11:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
nochildsplay:
These are cars dismantled in UK , shipped to Nigeria for assembling.

We ain't there yet, so people calm down
[size=13pt]
Stop hating bro.

Click on the link to see for yourself.

>>>www.google.co.za/url?q=http://venturesafrica.com/innoson-unveils-first-made-in-nigeria-cars/&sa=U&ved=0CAoQFjABahUKEwjL76O6n8XHAhUL5xoKHQ1KCJ8&usg=AFQjCNETo4H-z1drNwckgVm1urjTGhT3BQ

piagetskinner:
Please it was never made in nigeria... Only coupled in nigeria. We do not have the capacity/capability to fabricate engines or body parts. Till we get there, we are not there # thank u

Your inferiority complex is sickening.

The link above can liberate you from shallow thinking.

[/size]
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by piagetskinner(m): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
Please it was never made in nigeria... Only coupled in nigeria. We do not have the capacity/capability to fabricate engines or body parts. Till we get there, we are not there # thank u
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by xyzhill(m): 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
GentleToks:
Point of correction, Car assembled by Innoson in Nigeria. All parts of that car were imported into this country and assembled by Innoson.
tah! Go an check well........ It is made n not assembled..... I have been there at nnewi if u must knw....
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Octaves(m): 11:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
Bad belle Yellowbars keep emphasizing 'assembled'. The cars are designed here with fabrication of some parts outsourced. The body is fabricated here in Nnewi. The only part they dont design is the engine which they buy from chinese engine makers (nt too sure abt chinese engine makers). So stay pressed. Even Toyota and the rest dont make all their parts by themselves.
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by xyzhill(m): 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
GentleToks:

Are u stupid or what? Why would you ask a Yoruba guy to ask one of Nobodies-Igbos in this country to interpret one of the most repulsive sounding language on earth after Dutch.

Perhaps you need to be told that you are chatting with a Yoruba guy; it's a privilege for you to be offered a platform to chat with a Yoruba guy.

I am a Yoruba man, i won't stoop low to chat with Igbos
sorry too say ure an elf, a no brain yoruba idiot..... Ure language sounds like the devil's next to the french..... Datz why u ppl won't be able to produce ordinary donlop..... Rot in hell of laziness with the rest of ur fellow appendaged tribe.....
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 26, 2015
I no reason the car... na my colleague on bicycle dEy ginger me.
I love NA.
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by gabbytabby: 12:59am On Aug 26, 2015
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by justi4jesu(f): 3:37am On Aug 26, 2015
wiseoneking:
Ops, never assembled but totally built in nigeria, courtesy CNN

smiley
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Ezemust: 4:42am On Aug 26, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
What is ur point u dis yorroba badbelle girl,every thing in dat car from the Tyres and Plastics were manufactured in Nnewi there!
except the engine
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by piagetskinner(m): 5:36am On Aug 26, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
Stop hating bro.

Click on the link to see for yourself.

>>>www.google.co.za/url?q=http://venturesafrica.com/innoson-unveils-first-made-in-nigeria-cars/&sa=U&ved=0CAoQFjABahUKEwjL76O6n8XHAhUL5xoKHQ1KCJ8&usg=AFQjCNETo4H-z1drNwckgVm1urjTGhT3BQ

Your inferiority complex is sickening.

The link above can liberate you from shallow thinking.

[/size]

your stup1d link is expired...all attempts to convince me have proved abortive#compare the fabrication of TATA in india to that of innoson, maybe u'l understand better what it means to fabricate,and not just couple stuff...BTW,im not hating, just stating the fact sad
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 26, 2015
Omotayor123:
Assembled in Nigeria!

Not Bad.
It's made in Nigeria. All parts made here.
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by cyprus000: 6:56am On Aug 26, 2015
piagetskinner:

your stup1d link is expired...all attempts to convince me have proved abortive#compare the fabrication of TATA in india to that of innoson, maybe u'l understand better what it means to fabricate,and not just couple stuff...BTW,im not hating, just stating the fact sad
[size=13pt]
Why don't you employ the use of GOOGLE to educate your ignorance.

Cos its evident that's your problem right now.
[/size]
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by xnowball1984(m): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2015
Take it or leave it Nigerians got brain and we rock
MosakuAW:

I will only use this made in Nigeria car, if only PMB make it his official car.

Am happy that we are heading somewhere, but can we get there?

Let all government officials change their official cars to Innoson saloon car just like the military era, when all official cars were Peugeot. Every citizens where buying Peugeot cars then: 504Gl, 504Sr, 505 evolution, 404Gl e.t.c
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Moana(f): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I saw a pix of what you prepared, can you lecture me on it?
i posted a few pics which one?
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2015
Moana:
i posted a few pics which one?
I ll send it to you
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Moana(f): 9:27am On Aug 26, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I ll send it to you
ok
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by o42austino(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2015
Octaves:
Bad belle Yellowbars keep emphasizing 'assembled'. The cars are designed here with fabrication of some parts outsourced. The body is fabricated here in Nnewi. The only part they dont design is the engine which they buy from chinese engine makers (nt too sure abt chinese engine makers). So stay pressed. Even Toyota and the rest dont make all their parts by themselves.
Mitsubishi builds the engine

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Octaves(m): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2015
o42austino:
Mitsubishi builds the engine
oh. That's nice
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by AdorableBelle(f): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2015
chigoizie7:

Intelligent response. Educative without being insulting. More effective!
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Lamasta(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
I was here
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by markchidex: 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
nigeria is moving forward
Re: Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) / Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles / Meet Jowi Zazaa, A Nigerian Who Bought Lamborghini Aventador Worth N115m - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.