Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Meet The 23-year-old Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA Mubarak Bashir Abdu - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet The 23-year-old Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA Mubarak Bashir Abdu (1294 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / You’re Not My Flight Instructor? / Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The 23-year-old Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA Mubarak Bashir Abdu by Sanoh: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
Meet the 23-year-old Nigerian Flight Instructor based in USA
Mubarak Bashir is a 23-year- old Kano indigene based in the US,  was recently retained by the Aerosim Flight Academy USA as the first African /Nigerian flight instructor. Mubarak Bashir Abdullahi, a  native of Sitti in Sumaila local government area of Kano state, speaks on his career so far, among other issues.

Tell us a little about your humble self?

My name is Mubarak Bashir, born in 1992 and that makes me 23 years old now. I am from Sitti in Sumaila Local government of Kano state.  I did my primary school at Sea Gate College in Lagos and also went to Zaria Academy for my secondary school. I later left Nigeria for Malaysia where I did my first degree on software at Luton East London University and later to AEROSIM FLIGHT ACADEMY of USA and retained on graduation and currently working with Aerosim Flight Academy as a Flight instructor in Florida, United States of America.

"he smiles"
Lovely isn't it?

How did you get into the aviation school and under whose sponsorship?

After completing my B.Sc, I decided to pursue a career in aviation. All these things wouldn’t have been possible without my humble father’s commitment to our education as his children.

When I told him about my intention, he told me that it will be done. I applied and got admitted; I started my training at the Aerosim Flight Academy under the sponsorship of my father. My father always wanted the best for us and he stops at nothing to see that we got the best. He has been very supportive and I owed my success to him.

How would you describe studies in the US and that of Nigeria?
Actually, these are two different issues and I believe each has its own disadvantages and advantages, depending on the personality involved. When talking about two different countries with distinctive differences in economic and social standard, definitely studies in such countries will not be the same. However, in flight training, I think the weather in Florida is more favourable for training and also they have advanced flight training devices and better aircrafts compared to Nigeria.

What do you think usually makes people to prefer studying abroad than in Nigeria?
Actually, people travelled to a lot of places to seek for knowledge and usually their main reasons differ. But one   thing remains unchanged and that is people always want to get quality education.
What are the challenges you faced?
I guess the biggest challenge I faced is my age, as a young man far away from home; I have to be extra careful in the ways I conducted myself. I have to be pushing myself to the desired stable. However, in my chosen carrier it is not easy, for a man of my age to become a professional pilot. It takes lot of hard work, dedication and also lots of sacrifice which I am willing to do.

Did you face any discrimination being an a Nigerian or African?
None that I can remember, as a Nigerian and the only African, I get equal and fair treatment from my colleagues and the instructors.

What are your motivations?
First of all I have always been passionate about flying. What motivates me is flying to different places around the world and meeting people from different background and above all my father’s commitment to my success.

You were recently retained as a Flight Instructor and the first African/Nigerian to achieve that. What is the secret?

Most people only get their commercial pilot license and head back home to work in the airline agencies in their countries. I decided to stay back after getting my commercial pilot license to obtain my flight instructor license. So I guess the secret is my determination to stay behind; and getting the flight instructor license. You also need to be on the F1 Visa which allows you to work.
Do you intend to come back to Nigeria and live?

Nigeria is my mother land and will continue to be, I will absolutely come back to Nigeria because I have no better place than Nigeria.

What are your future plans?
Now that I have been retained in the academy, I will concentrate in justifying what I was retained to do and after that I may consider working for the airline or flying corporate.
Thanks you.

On his father's worlds of thanks,

Abdullahi Bashir
TODAY 11th day of August 2015, MY SON MUBARAK BASHIR ABDULLAHI HAS REALLY MADE ME AND MY ENTIRE FAMILY PROUD BY BEING THE FIRST AND ONLY AFRICAN TO QUALIFY AS A FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR AT
AEROSIM FLIGHT ACADEMY, SANFORD, FLORIDA, USA.
CONGRATIONS FOR YOUR ACHIEVEMENT.
THE INTIRE BASHIR FAMILY WISH YOU A SAFE AND SUCCESSFUL WORKING CAREER WITH AEROSIM.

He continues.....

We, the Bashir Family, wish to express our profound appreciation to all of you our good friends, relations and well wishes for having time to share with us the happiness that the Almighty God brought to the family as a result of the remarkable success achieved by our son at Aerosim Flight Academy, Sanford Florida, USA. We further thank you all for your prayers. May the Almighty Allah reward all of you, bless your siblings and guide and protect them thank you all.

Source