Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) (64634 Views)

Physically Challenged Man Marries His Pregnant Bride (Photos) / She Removed The Ring I Used In Proposing To Her The Next Day / 24-Year-Old Groom Marries His 20-Year-Old Pregnant Bride (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by AmicableEd: 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
A Nigeria-Ghana wedding happened on the 11th of July, 2015 between Ellis Enobun & Priscilla Asafo-Asamoah.

The lovebirds who love to be addressed as the modern day ‘Adam and Eve’ met in 2012 and today they can’t do without each other.

How they met:

We met through a mutual friend who was my course mate. We got talking and I realized he was a young Evangelist and we shared similar childhood experiences, which resulted in us calling ourselves “TWEENY” on a friendly note. Initially there was no interest but I was intrigued by his passion for preaching the gospel even as a Lawyer.

Towards the middle of 2012 our communication became consistent. His charisma and confidence swept me off my feet and I started developing feelings for him, but was too shy to communicate it to him as his main focus was Ministry and Studies.

As an expression of my feelings for him, not knowing how he felt towards me, I extended an invite to him and his friends to come over to my flat regularly to have dinner, and boy! oh boy! did I cook them some exquisite Ghanaian dishes, which interestingly he loved as it was his first time eating Ghanaian meals.

Our bond grew stronger and Ellis became my source of encouragement when I was going through some difficult times. Through all these wonderful times, I knew he will be my soul mate. We have been together since that day.

The Proposal
I visited Ellis and his family in Nigeria in March 2013. One evening at the family house, he called me and told me his mom and himself wanted to have a chat with me.

I was nervous because I didn’t know what to expect. I sat there contemplating why the sudden call. Ellis’s mum beckon on him to talk. He started stuttering, and I was even more confused. His mum, laughing at him decided to tell me why I was called.

Since this was Ellis’ first relationship, he just didn’t know how to ask me to marry him. As his mum was speaking I noticed he was sweating profusely. Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, he summed up courage, got on his knees in the presence of his mum to ask me to be his wife. I was in shock and could not believe this. I was in tears whiles saying “YES YES YES”.

I immediately got hold of my phone and in tears called my dad in Ghana to tell him of what just happened. My dad was ecstatic and I later got to know he was in on the plans, as Ellis and my dad had earlier met in London to discuss.

I also found out later, that Ellis purchased a ring a year before meeting me in Leicester and somehow had faith that he will meet his future wife soon.It was the beginning of one of the most amazing days in my life and I bless God.

http://weddinginnigeria.com/nigeria-meets-ghana-the-evangelist-who-got-his-wedding-ring-a-year-before-he-met-bride/

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by shaiba(f): 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
Awesome!!

HML. All the best smiley

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by FruityLass: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Wow interesting smiley

Happy married life!

7 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
Oh gee cool story,fvck outta here with this bullsh1t.stories like this make me sick,ughhhhhh soul mate fire.i dont believe in love anymore jare tongue.no girl fit ever blow my mind

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by BrightEye(m): 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
They aren't bad at all....

She is pretty, looking like tiwa savage..

16 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by chomytex(f): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
Beauriful me likey!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by ogeoflyf(f): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
BrightEye:
They aren't bad at all....

She is pretty, looking like tiwa savage
shocked shocked lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by sukkot: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
hmm. shy evangelist. an oxymoron

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by lekjons(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
beautiful!, but that's not the kinda guy Nigerian/Nairaland girls want(shy guys)..

6 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by moscobabs(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
person wey dey look for wife meet person wey dey look for husband ;Dperson wey dey look for wife meet person wey dey look for husband

5 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by agarawu23(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
shocked
Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
She's so beautiful.
Love them kiss

9 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by money121(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Mama where are you......come help me propose to******** grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by creamyxo: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Cute couple

2 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by itsIYKE(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
I have a feeling my story may go smetin like dis cry

4 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by lonelydora: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is highest insult to manhood. We told them to mingle with girls a little in their teens, but they refused, now look at what you have done to manhood.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by Tallesty1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
To ask for sex go be mission impossible

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by otiigba1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
Fine girl tongue
Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by Lexusgs430: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
If he was any darker, I would have thought he was Muhammad Ali

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by kristen12(f): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
Awwww...lovely
HML!!!

2 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by fammo: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
Not a gud sign for your marriage aunty....your man should be your man wivout d help of mummy...jus saying. in any case I'm happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
For a moment I thought I was reading Mills and Booms

3 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by scanp(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
I no de like 2 c dis kind news 4 nairaland,,,,,, una don pass dis level nw HABA.. angry

1 Like

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by j4sure(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
funny
Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by eghos12(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
nice weeding photos.

2 Likes

Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by steve308(m): 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
good for them
Re: The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) by nikkiking(m): 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
Scripted shocked like nollywood story.

Anyway happy married life kiss.

Both are so cute.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Discovered That My Bride Has 3 Children On Our Wedding Day / Excited Bride Gives Hubby Lapdance At Wedding(pics, Video) / 'I Won Most Kissable Lips And Miss Endowed In Secondary School'- Lady Says (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.