Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel (4389 Views)

Unboxing The Tecno Camon C9 In Pictures / Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Iphone 6 Vs Tecno C8 : Camera Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Olaryeankarh(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
We've got to do some play time whichever way it pleases the gods.
Last week, there was a quest and it was a silly one. Battle of Cameras between Tecno Camon C8 and Nokia Lumia 720.
It is obvious which device would pick the winning tag, in'it?
However, the motive is to see how powerful the Tecno Camon C8's camera is [in daylight of course grin]

#CaptureLifeFive13: Tecno Camon C8 vs Nokia Lumia 720

Tecno Camon C8 is the latest addition to Tecno’s line of devices and a true flagship to say. Camon or Canon? The name obviously does sound more like a DSLR camera other than a SMARTphone that it is. Tecno Mobile touts this device as the most powerful camera smartphone in its family. How true? You’ll find out soon…
TECNO CAMON C8 – QUICK SPECIFICATIONS

Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
5.5″ HD IPS Display
1GB RAM
16GB Internal Storage
13Mega-pixels AF Camera + Dual LED Flash
5MP front-facing Camera + LED Flash

NOKIA LUMIA 720 – QUICK SPECIFICATIONS

Windows Phone 8
4.3″ IPS Display
512MB RAM
8GB Internal Storage
6.7Mega-pixels Camera + LED Flash (Carl Zeiss Optics)
1.3MP front-facing Camera

Both devices were taken for a camera duel even though it seems pointless as the specs predicts a clear winner already. However, the show becomes more fun when you see what actually went down with both phones in photo contest.

Venue: Lekki Peninsula (Beach)
Nokia Lumia 720: 3088 x 1744 pixels – No Flash (1st Photo)
Tecno Camon C8: 2048 x 1152 pixels – No Flash (2nd Photo)

I won't say anything. You be the judge!
Okay, play time's over grin

Source: http://www.mobileraft.com/capturelifefive13-tecno-camon-c8-vs-nokia-lumia-720/

1 Like

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by khalhokage(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
This isn't applicable, you should have taken both pics from the same angle at the same time for a proper comparison.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Olaryeankarh(m): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
khalhokage:
This isn't applicable, you should taken both pics from the same angle at the same time for a proper comparison.

Yes true
But, it was taken at the same time and place. Only a diff. in longitudinal and latitudinal precision grin
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by khalhokage(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
Olaryeankarh:

Yes true
But, it was taken at the same time and place. Only a diff. in longitudinal and latitudinal precision grin

The different cloud formations suggests different times.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Olaryeankarh(m): 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
khalhokage:

Same time bro. Only pointed to different directions.
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
khalhokage:

So what's your point?
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by khalhokage(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
udemzy101:
So what's your point?

My point is that you can't have a proper camera comparison if the only pics you take from both phones are in different light conditions.

1 Like

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by HyDef(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
Khalhokage speaks the truth. Even if you can't replicate the exact position, you should try your best to make sure that difference in angle is minimum.

We can see each picture, and see their merits, but you can't compare optimally when the positioning differs so greatly.
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Olaryeankarh(m): 2:22am On Aug 26, 2015
HyDef:
Khalhokage speaks the truth. Even if you can't replicate the exact position, you should try your best to make sure that difference in angle is minimum.

We can see each picture, and see their merits, but you can't compare optimally when the positioning differs so greatly.

Yeah well, you guys are right. I guess you can still give a blunt remark however.
I don't have both phones with me anymore sad
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by CertifiedSamuel: 3:05am On Aug 26, 2015
The second pics wasn't originally shot by you. I know where you got it from. Can't say for the first though.

2 Likes

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by tdayof(m): 4:24am On Aug 26, 2015
khalhokage:

My point is that you can't have a proper camera comparison if the only pics you take from both phones are in different light conditions.
seconded
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Olaryeankarh(m): 4:28am On Aug 26, 2015
CertifiedSamuel:
The second pics wasn't originated shot by you. I know where you got it from. Can't say for the first though.

Obviously you know where I got it from. And who took it then. *closes Bible* wink

1 Like

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 26, 2015
khalhokage:

ok
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by ChidinmaRose(f): 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
The C8 picture looks better

1 Like

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Cerebrum(m): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
khalhokage:

I think the tan effect of the first picture was what made the clouds a little more obvious though

The camon however seemed to do a crystal clear shot, making the clouds blend with the sky.

Nice one.
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Cerebrum(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
ChidinmaRose:

No doubt looks better. Way better.
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Femikutti: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
For sure naw
ChidinmaRose:
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Femikutti: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
His right
udemzy101:
ok
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Femikutti: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
But still yet the Camon C8 still looks far better
khalhokage:
This isn't applicable, you should have taken both pics from the same angle at the same time for a proper comparison.
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Annkorede: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
you are right but still the camon is better
khalhokage:
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Femikutti: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Yes ooo it is better
Annkorede:
you are right but still the camon is better
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Annkorede: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
yea i agree with you
Cerebrum:

No doubt looks better. Way better.
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Annkorede: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
abi ooo
Femikutti:
Yes ooo it is better
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Chikote(m): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
Omo.. . No be by Carl Zeiss lens o. Tecno nikan lo le shey!
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Chikote(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
Olaryeankarh:

Yeah well, you guys are right. I guess you can still give a blunt remark however.
I don't have both phones with me anymore sad

Thanks for directing me to this link. This is impeccably immaculate. The Camon camera has got me WOOW!
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Olaryeankarh(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Chikote:
Omo.. . No be by Carl Zeiss lens o. Tecno nikan lo le shey!

By Pureview nko? I should look for a Lumia 1020 or 1520 or 930 to do real comparison. How about this boss?
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Olaryeankarh(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
Femikutti:
But still yet the Camon C8 still looks far better
Of course sir wink
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by donhils: 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
Comparing 6.7mp camera and 13mp camera, then come here and start singing praises for Camon C8. Pictures not taken from the same spot and angle, so there's actually nothing to compare here. Look for a Lumia phone with 13mp camera and compare. I don't know if ppl are going gaga these days.

2 Likes

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Olaryeankarh(m): 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
donhils:
Comparing 6.7mp camera and 13mp camera, then come here and start singing praises for Camon C8. Pictures not taken from the same spot and angle, so there's actually nothing to compare here. Look for a Lumia phone with 13mp camera and compare. I don't know if ppl are going gaga these days.

Esp when it's got Carl Zeiss or Pureview slapped on top of it grin
It's a 'silly duel' by the way. To be real however, the C8 has got some pleasant stuff too.
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by Acidosis(m): 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
The second photo looks so fake.

The first, even though comes with a low resolution, produced real cloud and sand colours. Photo 1 is detailed.

Sorry, as usual, tecno is only good at churning whitish, brackish, tinted & 'washed-off' images. Just take a look at the cloud in photo 2 and make your deductions.

high brightness, s!lly contrasts are some of the least parameters to look out for when scrutinizing image quality, anyone can effect that even after the image has been captured.

...It is about "how detailed" the camera is. What is that my camera captured that yours couldn't?

Its hard to actually know which is better given the fact that we have no idea what the original scene looks like; but from my little observation & technical understanding grin image 1 is better! Yea I see real cloud, real sand. Both can't be right; both can be wrong, but image 2 looks like a typical and a better liar.

3 Likes

Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by martineverest(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
Comparin camon with lumia 720(3yrs old fone) is absurd.,compare it with lumia 640 xl with 13mp,1/3' sensor and lets see
Re: Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel by martineverest(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
D screen quality(ppi) is poor for 13 mp fone with small camera sensor size ......d camera quality of lumia 540 should be betta

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Stop Using It / I / Please Help! My 12 Pro Max Fell On The Floor & Started Showing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.