Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,981 members, 7,799,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us (1781 Views)

Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying / Npower: Any Hope Of Getting December Stipend? / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by yinkamariam(f): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
I went for an interview in grail land for d post of an audit staff,one of the grail land member own the audit firm,naw he wants to employ us with d condition dat we hv to be reading their book(IN THE LIGHT OF THE TRUTH) if we wanna work with him,somebody should pls help me out,do I accept d offer or reject?
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
Reject it.

3 Likes

Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by LaurelP(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
yinkamariam:
I went for an interview in grail land for d post of an audit staff,one of the grail land member own the audit firm,naw he wants to employ us with d condition dat we hv to be reading their book(IN THE LIGHT OF THE TRUTH) if we wanna work with him,somebody should pls help me out,do I accept d offer or reject?

Fine girl u like dey ask dis kain question?

1 Like

Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
yinkamariam:

Smh.... when several job seekers are looking for who will tell them to read 7 books of moses as long as they get the job cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
rationalmind:

Smh.... when several job seekers are looking for who will tell them to read 7 books of moses as long as they get the job cheesy
It is not really that easy. That may be the first step. By the way, their is nothing bad with that 7th book.
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
Reyginus:
It is not really that easy. That may be the first step. By the way, their is nothing bad with that 7th book.

And it may be the only "step". As for seven books of moses, I just wanted to use something that's much more dreaded than the grail message.
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
rationalmind:

And it may be the only "step". As for seven books of moses, I just wanted to use something that's much more dreaded than the grail message.
You think so? Fear the grail message more. You think the man is asking her to read it just for fun?

1 Like

Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 26, 2015
Reyginus:
You think so? Fear the grail message more. You think the man is asking her to read it just for fun?

There's nothing to fear. I used to have the grail message on my phone and read it from time to time back then when I still had time.
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 26, 2015
rationalmind:

There's nothing to fear. I used to have the grail message on my phone and read it from time to time back then when I still had time.

It is the brainwash she should fear and the reason for asking them read it. My best friend in camp is a member and she made me understand them more.

And again to start a Job with such demands is opening door for more demands to sustain the Job.

3 Likes

Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by yinkamariam(f): 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
@Reyginus if u knw much about dem u won't ask me to accept it,cus more condition will arise to keep working there
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
Reyginus:
It is the brainwash she should fear and the reason for asking them read it. My best friend in camp is a member and she made me understand them more.

And again to start a Job with such demands is opening door for more demands to sustain the Job.

But she has been reading the bible/koran all along without fear of brainwash. So, why should she fear brainwash this time?

While your second point is an interesting argument, I don't find it compelling enough as there's an inherent assumption that there's something wrong with either this demand or subsequent ones to follow.

What I'm saying is, except it is shown that this particular demand is bad, there's no reason to be worried about subsequent demands that may follow up from this one.
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
rationalmind:

But she has been reading the bible/koran all along without fear of brainwash. So, why should she fear brainwash this time?

While your second point is an interesting argument, I don't find it compelling enough as there's an inherent assumption that there's something wrong with either this demand or subsequent ones to follow.

What I'm saying is, except it is shown that this particular demand is bad, there's no reason to be worried about subsequent demands that may follow up from this one.
Except it is shown? Lol. You are asking her to venture into it then. That's the only way it cab be shown in this case.

I think nearly all of us are brainwashed whether directly or indirectly. But then it can be for the good or for the bad. Maybe the bible method has not really created a noticeable harm on her.
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
yinkamariam:
@Reyginus if u knw much about dem u won't ask me to accept it,cus more condition will arise to keep working there
Surely.
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by UdohOby(f): 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
My dear eh! In my own opinion, I would ask u not to take the job. Imagine if every other company asks it's employees to read the ceo's "religion" book? The man himself must have started from somewhere, was he given the condition to read any of the holy books?
Don't mind them. And I bet you, this will not be his last demand. Look before you leap my dear.
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by petengine(m): 12:01am On Aug 27, 2015
yinkamariam:
why did u apply for a job there in the first place if u know u can't stand the grail message?
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2015
petengine:

why did u apply for a job there in the first place if u know u can't stand the grail message?
So you know what you will be asked to read before applying for any work?
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by petengine(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Reyginus:
So you know what you will be asked to read before applying for any work?
I don't know what grail is about. my emphasis is; if u know u do not share Grail's belief, why on earth will u go about to apply to grail? the Bible as usual, said it beautifully, "do not be equally yoke with unbelievers."
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
petengine:

I don't know what grail is about. my emphasis is; if u know u do not share Grail's belief, why on earth will u go about to apply to grail? the Bible as usual, said it beautifully, "do not be equally yoke with unbelievers."
You are not getting the point. She didn't apply to any grail but to work in an institution. You get it now?
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by petengine(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
Reyginus:
You are not getting the point. She didn't apply to any grail but to work in an institution. You get it now?
Roger that!
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by dhantey324(m): 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
Its just a book.. Take the job if the pay is high.. Ever come across the term motivated forgetting?
Re: Hope They Are Not Trying To Brainwash Us by wisestman(m): 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
dont try it at all...its a trap....i have had an encounter with those sect before and i just cant believe what they were talking about...

(1) (Reply)

I Need Directions Please...... / Graduate Jobs In An Engineering Firm In Lagos / Very Urgent Vacancy For Sales Rep @ Abraham Adesanya, Ajah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.