Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex (2828 Views)

Guys, To Be Dumped Or Maga-ad, Which Is More Preferable ? / She Came Back Because She Got Dumped (should I Accept Her?) / PLease help-i just got dumped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by topup: 6:06am On Mar 30, 2009
Moonstone:

My very first was easy. The day I broke up with him, I had exams and I aced them. I never feel bad after breakups because you should not let anyone determine your mood but you. If I break up, no tears. . . there are many more opportunities to break up so why cry over just one?

As far as I'm concerned, no relationship is worth crying for if broken.

Aside from crying how did you feel.+
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Moonstone(f): 6:12am On Mar 30, 2009
topup:

Aside from crying how did you feel.+

I never cry over boys. It has not happened before. I cry if something hurts me or whatever but I have NEVER cried over a break up. Why cry over split milk? It did not work out? FINE! Move on. . . what's the crying for?

I feel everything happens for the best so I discard it.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 6:13am On Mar 30, 2009
LOL @ you haven't been unlucky enough to get involved with a guy that would hurt you. They are there and it would happen. Don't even trip.

She says "move on" like it's some sort of light switch.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Moonstone(f): 6:19am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

LOL @ you haven't been unlucky enough to get involved with a guy that would hurt you. They are there and it would happen. Don't even trip.

She says "move on" like it's some sort of light switch.
It depends on where you put the guy. It's a light switch if you want it to be a light switch.
Guys have hurt me before but not by breaking up with me. Usually when we break up, I'm actually tired of trying so it does not pain me anymore.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by topup: 6:20am On Mar 30, 2009
Moonstone:

I never cry over boys. It has not happened before. I cry if something hurts me or whatever but I have NEVER cried over a break up. Why cry over split milk? It did not work out? FINE! Move on. . . what's the crying for?

I feel everything happens for the best so I discard it.

It depends on your definition of hurt, what hurts is not what anybody has done to me, but instead the fact that once again, you get that I TOLD YOU SO, in the back of your head, you have to go back to the beginning and undo everything you've done for the duration of the relationship.
You give back all the compliments, the "I love you"s and you are forced to take back the ones you hoped you never had to take - and you never believed in taking back things you give.

Without being over sentimental, I am not that girl who thinks of wedding bells, but even if the future is not a painted picture, whatever abstract image I painted in my head is now distroyed, someone poured black paint all over it, and it's now so dark and I can't tell whether I'm alone or if you're still there.

Then after a while of stumbling around, it's clear, I'm alone, there's no one else here, no one else is going to pick me up and take me back to the start. I have to fumble for myself. That's fine, it's just with everything being so dark, I just wish I could see where I'm going.

Wow, I lost track I thought I was writing another blog entry there tongue

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 6:29am On Mar 30, 2009
Depends on where you put the guy. I could never understand these games people way. Whatever happened to being open and honest with one another. Why even bother to attempt to love at all if you have predetermined that you will only half-ass it?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Moonstone(f): 6:44am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Depends on where you put the guy. I could never understand these games people way. Whatever happened to being open and honest with one another. Why even bother to attempt to love at all if you have predetermined that you will only half-ass it?
That's what happens. You attempt to be open, they hurt you and then by the time they break up with you, you're almost over it. There are signs to warn you of impending break-ups. You have to be observant in relationships.
topup:

It depends on your definition of hurt, what hurts is not what anybody has done to me, but instead the fact that once again, you get that I TOLD YOU SO, in the back of your head, you have to go back to the beginning and undo everything you've done for the duration of the relationship.
You give back all the compliments, the "I love you"s and you are forced to take back the ones you hoped you never had to take - and you never believed in taking back things you give.

Without being over sentimental, I am not that girl who thinks of wedding bells, but even if the future is not a painted picture, whatever abstract image I painted in my head is now distroyed, someone poured black paint all over it, and it's now so dark and I can't tell whether I'm alone or if you're still there.

Then after a while of stumbling around, it's clear, I'm alone, there's no one else here, no one else is going to pick me up and take me back to the start. I have to fumble for myself. That's fine, it's just with everything being so dark, I just wish I could see where I'm going.

Wow, I lost track I thought I was writing another blog entry there tongue

I agree with you to an extent. I know what you mean but I believe when a relationship has run its course, there's nothing you can do to stop it from ending or you will hate your life with that person. It's better to let it go.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Diva1(f): 6:47am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

My brother thank u! I think it's the lack of honesty and not being open enough that makes a break up very painful, cos u would feel deceived,
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 6:50am On Mar 30, 2009
Thank you o my sister.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by bluespice(f): 8:38am On Mar 30, 2009
So bluespice/ashanti, take note on being emotionally attached
I think it's good to love with your head, I really do. I think that' why you date to form your impression about the person you are interested in. Mind you, as soon as we get into the true relationship phase, I begin to let go of my heart. If after some months we break up, it's hard not to miss what we have had. Whether or not I did the breaking up is beside the point @ SeanT

i dont care much for what ever it was u said after the bolded part
who is ashanti?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by pureminded: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2009
@Topic , Bad expecially someone u love , Me and my Odunayo lost contact when she relocated to Belgium to live with her family. Only phone calls which dosent work at all , No more kiss , hugs , pillow fighting, etc, I have missed alot of things in her sad
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 9:30am On Mar 30, 2009
bluespice:

i dont care much for what ever it was u said after the bolded part
who is ashanti?
I don't care much for someone who doesn't care about what I say either.

Anyway, SeanT we can continue our conversation later in the day wink
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by IFELEKE(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2009
@Poster
I wouldn't use the word Dump coz it's making it sound like a fling. . .
There are seperate kind of feelings attached to break ups,the determining factor is the circumstance that leads to the break up.
I have had some break ups with different kind of after effect feelings.
I once broke up with a lady due to an unfortunate event,The event left a big gulf between us and snatched trust away from the relationship.It got to a stage that I had to call her and sit her down for serious talk.
We eventually ended the relationship after mutually agreeing that it wasnt heading anywhere.It was devastating for both of us.But overtime We got over it and we still remain friends till date.
And Recently,I broke One of and it was a feeling of relief afterwards coz the relationship was more of a fling and it wasnt helping matters for us.Though I miss the Side Attraction, But above all,It's Relief!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by iice(f): 10:52am On Mar 30, 2009
I always do the break up.  Men are too emotional grin

joking!

Ok not really grin

I don't feel much after the whole thing.  I feel before the act of breaking up because it involves a process of reaching a decision that i have to be completely certain about.  After that it's a breeze. 
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Moyola(f): 10:54am On Mar 30, 2009
WoOoOoww!! i felt guud! cool tongue
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Moyola(f): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2009
When I jilted him! tongue
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by IFELEKE(m): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2009
Moyola:

WoOoOoww!! i felt guud! cool tongue
Waow!
Moyola:

When I jilted him! tongue
Kinda Mean don't you think

iice:

I always do the break up. Men are too emotional grin

joking!

Ok not really grin

I don't feel much after the whole thing. I feel before the act of breaking up because it involves a process of reaching a decision that i have to be completely certain about. After that it's a breeze.

Don't tell me you are an Ice Princess tongue
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Moyola(f): 11:09am On Mar 30, 2009
IFELEKE:

Waow!
Kinda Mean don't you think

Mean yu say? naaa! cool
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by iice(f): 11:15am On Mar 30, 2009
IFELEKE:

Don't tell me you are an Ice Princess tongue

A variation of my name wink
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Enockia(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2009
i feelt relived
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by iice(f): 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2009
Ms cold, ice maiden, miz freeze cool grin
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by IFELEKE(m): 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2009
iice:

Ms cold, ice maiden, miz freeze cool grin
shocked shocked shocked
I wonder what will UnFreeze,UnIce and UnCold you
Any Clue? wink
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by iice(f): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2009
Its a monumental task to undertake to unfreeze me cheesy
Even then, it's not a sure deal smiley

giftyedu:

well guys i have been dumped before, yes but it was no fault of mine cos i gave my all in the relationship. you know what the say about human beings? never satisfied. he wanted something new i guess. well i felt shattered as if my world had come to a stand still. i could not sleep, could not eat and everything on the outside just looked dark. but i just would'nt kill myself? i had to move on guys, you know the song that says "never let a broken heart take your chance forn love away" well that song kept me going. i must admitt guys it was very hard to let go, but i had to cos i kind of became irritable to him, he could not stand my sight at all, i remember the day i went to his house to beg him for what i don't know i did, he chased me out of his room with a cutlass and asked his younger brother to beat me up, and even rape me if he wants to. thank God for the little boy, he liked me so much to want to hurt me.
Indeed
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by IFELEKE(m): 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2009
iice:

Its a monumental task to undertake to unfreeze me cheesy
Even then, it's not a sure deal smiley

[color=#9900ff][/color]
A Sure Deal denies the dealers the adventurous spices of fun.
Watch Out!,
Unexpected Warmth might UnIce The Ice Princess wink
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by iice(f): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2009
IFELEKE:

A Sure Deal denies the dealers the adventurous spices of fun.
Watch Out!,
Unexpected Warmth might UnIce The Ice Princess wink

Yeah many have thought that grin
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by sexybabes(f): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2009
Well i broke up with my bf also last week, i knw how it feels. I did the dumping  & i feel like crap bt im tryn 2 b strong. Evn though i knw it ws d best thing 2 do bt cnt help nt 2 cry myself 2 bed @ night.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by IFELEKE(m): 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2009
sexybabes:

Well i broke up with my bf also last week, i knw how it feels. I did the dumping & i feel like crap bt im tryn 2 b strong. Evn though i knw it ws d best thing 2 do bt cnt help nt 2 cry myself 2 bed @ night.
Continue being strong despite the Tears here and there,overtime you will look back and smile over your decision to dump him(That is if it's genuine).
iice:

Yeah many have thought that grin
Many thoughts[b],One Act and the Ice Princess Melts. . .[/b] tongue
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by yme1(f): 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting thread
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by sexybabes(f): 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2009
IFELEKE:

Continue being strong despite the Tears here and there,overtime you will look back and smile over your decision to dump him(That is if it's genuine).

Thanx, i intend 2. Bt still it hurts so much, this is a r/s of 2yrs i'm talkin abt here & i deeply loved d guy,  nt dt i will go back 2 him anyway.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by IFELEKE(m): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2009
iice:

Hah cheesy It's good to dream cheesy
Yeah,It's good to dream because in Dreaming,you get Snippets Than Can Aid In Turning Fantasy To Reality. . . wink
But really,I bet you have enough warmth beneath your Ice Facade smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Take Time To Read. It's Worth Reading It. Trust Me / Why Do Some Girls Reject Flower Gifts? / The Toughest Experience You Ever Had Just To Have Someone You Really Loved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.