Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,974 members, 7,799,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Re: 10 Reasons Why NYSC Should Be Voluntary - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Re: 10 Reasons Why NYSC Should Be Voluntary (635 Views)

5 Reasons Why NYSC Should Not Be Scrapped / 10 Reasons Why Nysc Should Be Voluntary / NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: 10 Reasons Why NYSC Should Be Voluntary by fromnigeria(m): 12:26am On Aug 26, 2015
Well Done OP,
But you've only succeeded in expressing your dislike or rather strong Hatred for NYSC. This scheme is just what you make it. And If they've made it compulsory, there are reasons for such. Your duty then is to 'find-out'. Why

Nevertheless, I have a different view to yours, it might trigger a rethink. grin
Oya,

1. ONLY THE YOUNG PAY THE PRICE WHY
Pointless, sorry to say.

2. TOO MANY UNCALCULATED RISK
Young people die everyday. Even outside NYSC. 'Who go die go die', meaning 'What will be will be. No be NYSC kill them.

3. MANDATING NYSC INCONSISTENT WITH LIBERAL RIGHTS
We need the help of the Keyamos here, am not a lawyer.

4. MANDATING NATIONAL SERVICE DRAINS ITS VIRTUE
You dont have any point here OP so i dont have anything to say. Suffice it to say that number four is 'pointless'

5. NATIONAL SERVICE DISTRACTS US FROM OUR CAREER
Rust because you chose to, ask questions, and see discover how alot of youths bettered their lot via NYSC. There are lots of ways you can do same with all the free time. It is a matter of Choice.

6. INCREASE IN IMMORALITY
Haba, cases like this also happens everyday outside NYSC.
Again, you choose what you do with your life OP.
NYSC did not make you silly enough to lay with infants, become a whooore and a woman or girl rapper. Its a Choice. Not a function of NYSC

7. WE ARE BAD TEACHERS, BAD ROLE MODELS
IF for instance you studied Mathematics in school and by virtue of NYSC you are deployed to teach Mathematics at a secondary level. The only reason you cant perform is cause you are a Half-bake Grad... First, you are a 'quack graduate' which naturally translated to a 'quack teacher'

8. IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE
Telling us NYSC should be Voluntary because its expensive. Dont make any sense. Especially to me. Perhaps you meant to say: NYSC should scrapped because its expensive. Or how can Volun reduce the cost.
Tempted to say you dont have any point hia.

9. NYSC SHOULDN’T STOP US FROM LIVING
I see corp members on transit almost on daily basis. Ask corp members how often they travel and get shocked. The only exceptions are those in the north, but hail from south. Relocation is also allowed.
You can't miss your fathers burial, haba!! Be sincere for once.

10. WE ARE TIRED
I wonder the people you referrign to as 'WE'. and how you got to know that they (WE) are tired? Comments or Omotola? Always speak for yourself and you alone.

Hope i have been able to convice and not confuse you grin

Moreover, If that Post can hit FP, this one wont be an exception. Especially being more...

Neither Do i need to copy anyone?
Good Morning.
Re: Re: 10 Reasons Why NYSC Should Be Voluntary by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 26, 2015
nice points tho, but employers will kip demanding for the discharge certificate

(1) (Reply)

Relocation / Job Opportunity / This So Real!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.