Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,801 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Effects Of Lamination On Certificate - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Effects Of Lamination On Certificate (54794 Views)

If You Talk Too Much: Health Effects Of Excessive Talkativeness / Five (5) Catastrophic Effects Of ASUU Strikes On University Students / Positive And Negative Effects Of Scrapped Post UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by pocohantas(f): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2015
What do you wanna hear again?
Look above your topic, you would see about 3 different topics on this same issue. Read them and close your thread. grin

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2015
is very risk to laminate
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Spikkylee: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2015
G

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Sidmond: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
Noted
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
i love this topic...so many people laminate their certificates just because dey see people doing it,only few know of the disadvantages.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by smarttm: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
Eidosky:
Some embassies and schools abroad reject laminated certificates. Reason is that the rubber used to laminate prevents the machine from reading the authenticity seal on it. I was a victim. I had to go through stress and expenses to get a new waec result since the original I laminated spoilt when I was trying to remove the laminate. Pls instead of laminating it, put it in the rubber but let them just seal the tip and not the whole body. So you can take it out anytime if required..
please can u help me on how to get another waec...i lost mine and its confirmation they said they can give...please email me...smartthankgod@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Boyooosa(m): 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
RemyMartins:
OP consider yourself a member of panelist setup to select the Senior prefect of a secondary on basis of neatness and there are two candidates.

Both candidates are always on very neatly ironed and sparkling clean uniforms and look very tidy. BUT

Candidate A has a cardigan ATTACHED to his/her uniform to avoid dirt or stains and
Candidate B doesn't wear a cardigan.

At the end of each day both candidates uniform are very still clean.

Who would you select??
HOW IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION A WAY FORWARD TO FINDING CLUE TO THIS PUZZLE?
I KNOW DAT IMMEDIATELY U READ MY POST, U WILL SAY IN YOUR MIND DAT 'WHY DID I COMMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE?'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
I'm here to learn. We learn every day. Thank God say i never laminate that my primary 6 result.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by obaobirin: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
Whao.. very insightful replies..thank you NLers.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by mathskill: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2015

14 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by mcmeffy(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
suggyspic:
When i wanted to laminate my certificate after POP, the business center attendant burnt someones certificate, boy na run i run leave laminating certificate till date. but i have learnt from this topic, since i hope to leave Nija someday.
LOL

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by swagdopey: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
and i laminated my certificate today
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by mechanics(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
I was told dat wen one want to get admission abroad, its advisable nt to laminate d certificates, i stopped laminating mine afta secondary sch, my discharge and uni. certificates ar nt laminated.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by MrMcJay(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
If you laminate money, can you spend it?

Legally, a certificate is a legal document. Once laminated, you have altered the form.

Be guided.

6 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by onunwa21(m): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
Pls don't laminate if u ve intentions of schooling abroad.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Ybnm4life(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hoping to lamminate my Masters degree certificate in some 2years time...
Lamination is better than leaving it the way you were given which can expose it to wrinkles, wear and tear.
Also it will be difficult for the rats from the village to eat it, but given enough time they will grin grin grin
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Tats(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
As others have said, never laminate your certificate if you ever plan on going abroad. They are unable to verify it and check its aging if you do so and our not so good reputation doesn't make it any better.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by jazinogold(m): 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
pls i want to laminate my junior waec and wedding certificate undecided

is it advisable? undecided undecided smiley

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by gunnykid(m): 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Alice07: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
Yeeeppaaa. Ori iya mi ooooooo. All documents are laminated. cry
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
RemyMartins:
OP consider yourself a member of panelist setup to select the Senior prefect of a secondary on basis of neatness and there are two candidates.

Both candidates are always on very neatly ironed and sparkling clean uniforms and look very tidy. BUT

Candidate A has a cardigan ATTACHED to his/her uniform to avoid dirt or stains and

Who would you select??
guy without the cardigan
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by J3da: 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
• U dey carry ur girlfriend go club; after u marry her finish u wan stop her frm goin to club. My broda u think say miracle fit happen?
• Ur girlfriend dump u for rich man u say she b gold digger, bt ur sister do d same to anoda perso u giv testimony for Church say, na grace of God. Bros park well!!
• Your babe get F9 parallel for WAEC, she still dey ask for Brazilian Hair of #150,000 . Abeg where she wan fix am?,
on top that coconut head?
• U have 8 tribal marks, stretch marks scattered all ova ur body yet u still want a tattoo...ah! my friend; u be zebra?!!
• U are 6 feet tall, u still com wear 6 inches high heeled shoe... shey u wan whisper to God?
• U dey snap inside different type of cars yet u expect ur man to believe say u no cheat. .aunty, u be mechanic?
• U gather different gals picture for ur fone & yet u xpect ur gal to believe say u no cheat.. uncle, u be photographer?
• He give u engagement ring for over five years, he never marry u, my dear, u be lord of d rings?
•you dey pay your babe wey dey university school fees and yet u never write JAMB, U be scholarship board?
•U are 18yrs and ur sugar daddy is 70yrs old and u still dey call am BABY, my sister, he suppose be ANCESTOR.
•Your babe is licking ice cream...u're drinking pure water...pls guy Are u diabetic?
•U claim say u eat rice and stew, but u come vomit fufu and egwusi soup. Omo u be magician? .
Na joke o ....Read and pass on to friends make dem laugh too..

6 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
RemyMartins:

Who would you select??
I would call them out at the end of the day and reinspect them. If i see a stain on the cardigan, that nigga is deeeeadddgringringrin

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Skoopy(m): 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
I don suffer angry, e remain make I laminate my passports grin

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by kristonium(m): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Eidosky:
Some embassies and schools abroad reject laminated certificates. Reason is that the rubber used to laminate prevents the machine from reading the authenticity seal on it. I was a victim. I had to go through stress and expenses to get a new waec result since the original I laminated spoilt when I was trying to remove the laminate. Pls instead of laminating it, put it in the rubber but let them just seal the tip and not the whole body. So you can take it out anytime if required..
wow!
send me your account no!

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by unigdh: 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
The best is to scan and save in your email, that way you can preserve it for years.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by charlsecy(m): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ybnm4life:

Lamination is better than leaving it the way you were given which can expose it to wrinkles, wear and tear.
Also it will be difficult for the rats from the village to eat it, but given enough time they will.
No to lamination. Just put it in a secure plastic file.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by siraj1402(m): 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
mike4zeal:
Good day my special Nairalanders, with this forum a lot of people have been saved and this forum will continue to save people. I have been hearing here and there, the effects of laminating certificates but don't really know much about it. Please I will like people to give their opinions on the effects of laminating Certificates.

Hoping to hear from ya all.
You are likely to have a problem with a laminated certificate when traveling abroad.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Mznaett: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
Woa! I've learnt something new todaywink

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Smooyis(m): 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
I have all my certificates laminated. I realized the colors have faded out, and have been thinking why it is so. The topic is very educative.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by masties2(f): 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
mathskill:
I have schooled abroad without encountering any problems and all my certs are laminated including the cert inobtained there. This days verification can be done by sending emails to schools.

Thank God o. HBP haff nearly killed me.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by victree007(m): 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
mike4zeal:
Good day my special Nairalanders, with this forum a lot of people have been saved and this forum will continue to save people. I have been hearing here and there, the effects of laminating certificates but don't really know much about it. Please I will like people to give their opinions on the effects of laminating Certificates.

Hoping to hear from ya all.

Laminating your certificates isn't a bad thing but you should know that when making international applications for whatsoever thing, they don't accept laminated documents. And if you want to "unlaminate" the document (pardon my vocab) you may end up spoiling/ruining/tearing the document. I for one do not like the idea of laminating my stuff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2013 Jamb Results Remarked??? / WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools / Doctor Who Witnessed Sylvester Oromoni's Autopsy Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.