Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:56 PM

Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion (20115 Views)

Fayose And NUPENG Officials Meet Aregbesola To Settle Ekiti Fuel Crisis / South East Governors Meet In Enugu, To Meet Buhari For Release Of Nnamdi Kanu / A Pastor A "Netanyahu" & A Former Editor: Meet Buhari's Latest Appointees (2) (3) (4)

Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by byteHead(m): 11:22am On Aug 26, 2015
There is tension at the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, as the agency’s top officials arrive Abuja to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari, Wednesday over the missing N183.7 billion and other alleged scams rocking the commission.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, confirmed the scheduled meeting to PREMIUM TIMES.
“It is true that top officials of the NDDC will be meeting with the President tomorrow (Wednesday),” Mr. Shehu said.

“Although I can’t confirm the exact schedule of the meeting, I can say that it will take place in the afternoon at the Presidential Villa.”
However, a source at the commission who pleaded not to be named because she is not authorised to speak on the issue, said the Managing Director, Dan Abia, would lead the delegation to meet Mr. Buhari.

Other top officials of the commission to accompany Mr. Abia to the meeting include the Executive Director, Finance and Administration, Henry Ogiri and the Executive Director, Projects, Tuoyo Omatsuli, among others.

The source said the atmosphere at the commission’s headquarters in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, was tensed Tuesday following fears that President Buhari might wield the big stick on the leadership of the commission.

“The office was so tensed today because people are not sure what will happen after the President meets with the MD and some of our directors,” the source said.

“Since the news of huge financial scams broke out in the media, there has been an air of uncertainty in the office.
“Nobody is sure of what will happen tomorrow. Management has been fighting hard to stop the media from doing further damage to the already bad situation but it does not seem to work.”

She said the fate of some key officials of the commission hang on the balance and would be determined after the meeting with Mr. Buhari.
With spiraling debt totaling N1.5 trillion, the NDDC has been enmeshed in alleged multi-billion financial scams including the disappearance of a princely N187.3 billion from its accounts.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported on August 8 how two executive directors, Messrs Ogiri and Omatsuli, disbursed N3.8 billion to contractors, leaving the Mr. Abia in the dark.

It also reported on August 8 how, two weeks after the last board was inaugurated, the commission awarded a contract for intelligence gathering, management and mitigation in all the senatorial districts in the nine states within the region.
To circumvent the Public Procurement Act 2007, the contract was split into 30 lots and awarded to political gladiators and cronies of board members and top management staff.

A total of N2.7billion was doled out to 30 companies for the contracts, described as spurious by some insiders.
Again, last week, the Auditor General of the Federation, Samuel Ukara, indicted the commission for its inability to account for N183.7 billion which passed through it between 2008 and 2012.

Mr. Ukara urged the National Assembly to summon top officials of the commission account for the whereabouts of the funds
Reacting to the report which was laid before the Senate, Mr. Ogiri, accused Mr. Ukara of being hasty in making his report public even while the NDDC was still responding to the audit queries.

But the AGF has stood his grounds, maintaining that the NDDC refused to respond to repeated pleas by his office to respond to audit queries issued to it despite sustained reminders spanning over a year in each case.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/189010-tension-at-nddc-as-top-officials-meet-buhari-over-missing-n184billion.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Ahmed0336(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2015
he who goes to equity must go with clean hands. #Only the guilty are afraid.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by ayatt(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2015
hmm ghen ghen

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by DONSMITH123(m): 11:39am On Aug 26, 2015
Gbagam
Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by lekjons(m): 11:39am On Aug 26, 2015
AKPOS THE ENEMY OF ALL POLITICIANS

Akpos was hiking in the desert one day when he found a bottle, he opened it and a genie popped out, the genie asked akpos to make 3 wishes that all of them will be granted but he should note that anything he ask for 2x of it will be given/happen to every politician in the world, akpos said ok
Akpos: my first wish: i want a ferrari
(a ferriri appeared)
Genie: ok but all politicians in the world now have two ferraris
Akpos: my second wish: I want a very big mansion
(a mansion appeared)
Genie: ok but every politicians in the world now have two mansions
Akpos: my final wish: i've always wanted to donate a kidney!

18 Likes

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2015

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Aitee1: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2015
Thieves every where angry

Imagine 184billions missing and we the Niger Deltans are suffering angry angry
Greedy heartless leaders!!!

I keep wondering what exactly did the people of sodom and gomorah did that Nigerian leaders hasn't triple it

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by demmy0325(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2015

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2015
Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Brown14: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2015
T
Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Pavore9: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2015
Missing money everywhere!

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by FREEEMANAN(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2015
DEHN DEHN

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Austin4lif: 11:42am On Aug 26, 2015
Nice move PA buhari, take the campaign to the door steps of IBB and OBJ because stealing B4 is also corruption.

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by princeshijman(m): 11:42am On Aug 26, 2015
the fear of buhari is the beginning of wisdom. seems with the new president corruption will reduce for real in this nation. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2015

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Dannidom(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2015
Am sure there wont be smiling faces' picture after the meeting o

#GoBaba

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by dayo23(f): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2015
In Obasanjo's voice: There is no better person for the job than Buhari.

Keep waiing while...
#BabaGoSteady

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Demex40(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2015
Oh my God, people are indeed heartless. That money can feed a whole state!

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Mega005(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2015
Imagine a GEJ still in control.. Omo nothing go happen to all this revelation...

The is too corrupt to tackle corruption..

He even gave presidential pardon to a harden criminal diepreye alamyeisgha.. Someone who stole billions of naira.

While we have a petty thief serving 10yrs in prison..

May God punish U GEJ for messing up this country

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2015
Why the tension? If you are accused wrongly just present the facts.

Anyways too much noise about missing money. It is high time the theives are sent to jail.

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Damalex4luv(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2015
This country don suffer. Everyday I keep hearing about billions of naira missing and most of the populace are living in penury. May God help us

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2015
Mohammed should stop this inspection because my uncle is there.. I don't wanna loose him now..

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Richie0974: 11:47am On Aug 26, 2015
If its missing, they should find it and if they can't, they should sell their properties and release the money... Simple..

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by princemillla(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2015
If this is successful, wailers has sink again

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by adesegun121(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2015
Niger Delta.. Ti yi ti bayi oooo

una think say na una drunker pikin still dey deir..

This is buhari.. Na that high tension go kill una..

180billion Naira... shocked

haaaaa eni iberu olorun @all..
Koni daa fun yi

eyin werey oshi...

Buhari oyaa jail dem..

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by Fesomu(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2015
What does it profit a man to inherit himself with the wealth that is meant for the survival of his own people..we are very religious in africa but we don't seem to move foward.. We should ask ourselves "Is God truly with us?? Corruption is way of life..I think the problem is that "we don't love eachother enough" its only here that religion and tribe will prevent 2 people from getting married..I wanted to rent a house last month and the landlord said he can't give me the house cos am a muslim...my gf left me because am a muslim...if religion preaches love, u won't see bokoharam killing people...They said God is love, religion should be preaching love but all I can see is hate..God said love your neighbour, the way u will love yourself... Have decided not be practise any religion again..I do believe in God tho

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by coolhamid(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2015
The so called militants won't hold their regional leaders accountable for embezzling the funds meant for the growth of their region, instead they would be issuing out threats .

To my brothers in south south, hausa-fulani ain't your problem, your problem lies in your leaders...

Re: Tension At NDDC As Top Officials Meet Buhari Over Missing N184billion by slimfit1(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2015
Aitee1:
Thieves every where angry

Imagine 184billions missing and we the niger deltans are suffering angry

Greedy heartless leaders!!!

That one na small u people are enjoying he na never see suffer oh GEJ Till 2015 my brother.

Governor's Office Workers Locked Out For Coming Late In Ilorin, Kwara State (pic / PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office / 3 PDP, 2 APC Governors, 35 Senators Set To Join SDP – Spokesperson