Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Three Years Of Unemployment Ended - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Three Years Of Unemployment Ended (19966 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / N-power Application Ended; Verification And Evaluation To Begin / After 2 Years Of Unemployment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Years Of Unemployment Ended by temmym4(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Davidbee:
Y can't u just wait till u resume b4 publicizing it?

Congrats tho

Seconded
Re: Three Years Of Unemployment Ended by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
benzion72:

That is exactly the way I felt when I got Executive trainee job with a bank in 2001. I resumed 24th December, 2001. Here are my unsolicited advise for you. You don't need to pay a dime for it. Get the book The richest man in Babylon. It major advise is to save 10 percent of your income, invest another 10 percent and give a tithe of 10 percent. I will advice you invest 40 percent of your income in anything that will give you financial freedom and landed property is the best for now. You don't need to go to Lekki go to Mowe Ofada redeem. Intact if I were you I will invest little in electronics, phones etc because they change with time. It reminds me of my BlackBerry Bold 1. Brand new one then cost N110,000 today it is less than 10k. That money can get me an hacter of land in Ibadan 8 plot then and today I would have resold it at least 300k per plot 7 years after. Have an alternative plan called plan B. Wish best of luck
Just rushed to town to get this!
Your words are filled with wisdom! Can't wait to read n assimilate its content
Thanks Ishilove, for sharing this! Plz don't stop sharing!

1 Like

Re: Three Years Of Unemployment Ended by profstar(m): 6:03am On Aug 28, 2015
benzion72:

That is exactly the way I felt when I got Executive trainee job with a bank in 2001. I resumed 24th December, 2001. Here are my unsolicited advise for you. You don't need to pay a dime for it. Get the book The richest man in Babylon. It major advise is to save 10 percent of your income, invest another 10 percent and give a tithe of 10 percent. I will advice you invest 40 percent of your income in anything that will give you financial freedom and landed property is the best for now. You don't need to go to Lekki go to Mowe Ofada redeem. Intact if I were you I will invest little in electronics, phones etc because they change with time. It reminds me of my BlackBerry Bold 1. Brand new one then cost N110,000 today it is less than 10k. That money can get me an hacter of land in Ibadan 8 plot then and today I would have resold it at least 300k per plot 7 years after. Have an alternative plan called plan B. Wish best of luck
Re: Three Years Of Unemployment Ended by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2015
ladyF:
Good for u grin

May all other jobless nairalanders waiting for their own, get in Jesus name

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

What about you ¿
Re: Three Years Of Unemployment Ended by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
congrats
Re: Three Years Of Unemployment Ended by benzion72(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2015
abbey621:

Nice advice but very unlikely! 40% of your income on investments? Isn't that a little high? Let's assume the man makes 150k a month, 40% of that is 60K, he's left with 90K. Oh right you also advice saving 10% of income so he's left with 75k. Let's not forget tithe, he now has 60k left, food and transportation would take at least half of that leaving him with 30k. With 30K he'll give family, girlfriend or wife, pay for recharge cards, probably want to buy an extra pair of pants and/or shirt, Nepa and water bill remains. This is just my own little analysis, I didn't even factor in taxes, faaji money and other miscellaneous grin grin grin

You must learn to pay yourself first, recharge card, girl friends, family notwithstanding learn to pay yourself first in investment. Wealth make many friends. But the day you loose your job and out of money that is when you will you don't have a friend. Thank God for some little investment I made and for God grace. When I lost my job 4 years ago all friends and family ran away, when they see you phone number they will technically avoid you. Learn to live below your means, when you are on your job. Avoid Parkinson laws expenses always rise to equal income when you are promoted.

1 Like

Re: Three Years Of Unemployment Ended by ZandaBright: 9:51am On Aug 31, 2015
Congratulations!. Every good thing comes from GOD. Now that he has given you a job, do not abandon him.I rejoice with you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria / N-power Agro Assessment Test Ends August 1, Teach Starts August 2 / 774,000 Jobs: PDP Lawmakers Reject 30 Slots Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.