Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday (884 Views)

Tecno Mobile Female Marketers Twerk / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / I Got My NTEL Sim Card... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by blackfase(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
37354502: I was on my way out of Festac today, through the Agboju Market thorough-fare when I was accosted by an Etisalat lady marketer with all d trappings & paraphenelia of Etisalat, who thrusted 3 simpacks my way saying "you can have them, they're free". After collecting, hardly had I taken 2 steps when she reached out again about registering. I told her not to bother but her persistence made me reconsider while she was at same time mumbling its got N1000 worth of airtime, 40mb of data but will hav to activate it with a N100 recharge. She later retrieved a pack thereby leaving me with two. She took me to an eighteen sitter bus & I went through all the process & was told it'l go active by 8pm.
Well, roll forward to 8pm & your guess is as good as mine.
Moral of this?....watch out for these bandits on the prowl. Im sure there r many of them scattered around the metropolis. And keeps me wondering if Etisalat is complicit with this poo playing out.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by ladyF(f): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
Eeyah
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by skyhighweb(m): 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
mine guessis different, did u get mtn abi glo, was d sim card empty, many guessing, so wwhich one is it
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by blackfase(m): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
Etisalat. 0.00 naira balance!

skyhighweb:
mine guessis different, did u get mtn abi glo, was d sim card empty, many guessing, so wwhich one is it
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by donholy28(m): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
Them don sell sim and na wetin happen
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by Ay92(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
Almost the same thing happened to my dad
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by Abugab(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
Op it will work after like 48 hours as they have probably not registered the details on the network yet.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by blackfase(m): 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
But I gat to follow what they told me & that is that d money is already there. Its all simple bru, they just dubiously sold ther sim for N100. Thats d simple explanation.

Abugab:
Op it will work after like 48 hours as they have probably not registered the details on the network yet.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by blackfase(m): 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
What actually happened?

Ay92:
Almost the same thing happened to my dad
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by hajlat(m): 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Thank God its not more than that.I don't go for freebies.Eni nwa ifa nwa ofo.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by shawylux(f): 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
Op I would advise you go back to the lady and re-register again or better still go to an etisalat office where you can be sure of the registration being successful. This same thing happened to me with Airtel and it was on a weekend so I had to wait till Monday to register again. And forget all those freebies talk, your account is as empty as.... Mind you after the registration at the office you might be forced to recharge your line with nothing less than a thousand naira.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Etisalat Marketers Yesterday by blackfase(m): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2015
Lol. So we plenty for d boat....

shawylux:
Op I would advise you go back to the lady and re-register again or better still go to an etisalat office where you can be sure of the registration being successful. This same thing happened to me with Airtel and it was on a weekend so I had to wait till Monday to register again. And forget all those freebies talk, your account is as empty as.... Mind you after the registration at the office you might be forced to recharge your line with nothing less than a thousand naira.

(1) (Reply)

Android Keylogger / Glo Introduce New 1.2gb Data Plan For Everyone / HTC One M10 Comes With Android 6.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.