Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Two Job Offers. I Am Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused (22665 Views)

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / Two Job Offers Can't Decide To Pick One Pls Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by youngwarlocks: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
ok
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by pryd(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
Come on go for the later.. all the best!
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Toks2008(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
Taiw:
I just got employed to work in a startup sub-company(formed as a result of diversification) that is leveraging on her parent company(an engineering firm). The sub-company is into eCommerce and I am the only software guy handling the platform using opensource. I feel I am not really learning anything new, I code less and besides the company is yet to make her first sales. We are still putting things in place with the support of the parent company. The job is on the mainland and I stay on the mainland. The fear is that i will be under pressure especially if sales are not coming in

While trying to settle down, an IT firm came calling. I kept posting them by delaying my resumption date but they want me on board as soon as possible. As a matter of fact, they want me to start next week. I even tried to renegotiate salary even though both salaries are almost the same. They are offering to make me undergo a 6 months training in advance programming during my probation period. Its a place for me to learn more and is inline with my career ambition considering my degree and the fact that I love programming. The bad side is that the job is on the island and I will spend more. Its an already established firm with headquarter in usa. While the former is just starting out, but her parent company also has offices in usa and uk and are ready to patronize the sub company.

I plan to start my masters(full-time) in unilag very soon which is inline my the latter. shuffling the masters programme with island will be a bit difficult than on the mainland.

What do you advise?

I guess you are afraid of the enterprenural demands of the first one but why i will say yes to the second is because you believe its in line with your vision and aspiration so go for the second one.

Fulfilling your dream is more important than immediate financial gains.

my take
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by adesegun121(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2015
dash me one job now sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by simplisity(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
Is beter u resign honourably d way u got d wk. All these smart ways we think we can get watever we want, have a spiritual effect. Pls, go as u came. I think, i prefare d second choice, it will open more opportunity for u to add to ur skills and knowledge. For transportation and accommodation, u will alwas have a way out. Above all, pray for God's direction.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by cao(f): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
jazinogold:
phone a friend or ask the audience!
I believe he just did that.

3 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Felaak47(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
u can ask Google for the right one
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Bigdream1(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
Assign one to me tongue.... ..

Meanwhile am also looking for a job. Here is my email address Henryubani4@gmail.com am a graduate of marketing. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by shizzy7(f): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
ahckmedkosy:
A wise man once said, If you love 2 people at the same time, choose the second one cos if u rily loved the first one, u wunt hv fallen for the second. 2nd Job
So you would choose your WIFE over your MOM based on the above...
OR don't you love your MOM first,, then your WIFE
who is that wise man that said what you typed up there??
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by fajani(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
Pray abt it
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by ahckmedkosy(m): 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
shizzy7:
who is that wise man??

Am I sleeping with both of them?

3 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by iammrjohnson(m): 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
sorry,where do you live?
Bigdream1:
Assign one to me tongue.... ..

Meanwhile am also looking for a job. Here is my email address Henryubani4@gmail.com am a graduate of marketing. Thanks in advance
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by ericksen(m): 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
hmmm as for me it's island baby!!!!
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Bollinger(m): 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2015
Taiw:
I just got employed to work in a startup sub-company(formed as a result of diversification) that is leveraging on her parent company(an engineering firm). The sub-company is into eCommerce and I am the only software guy handling the platform using opensource. I feel I am not really learning anything new, I code less and besides the company is yet to make her first sales. We are still putting things in place with the support of the parent company. The job is on the mainland and I stay on the mainland. The fear is that i will be under pressure especially if sales are not coming in

While trying to settle down, an IT firm came calling. I kept posting them by delaying my resumption date but they want me on board as soon as possible. As a matter of fact, they want me to start next week. I even tried to renegotiate salary even though both salaries are almost the same. They are offering to make me undergo a 6 months training in advance programming during my probation period. Its a place for me to learn more and is inline with my career ambition considering my degree and the fact that I love programming. The bad side is that the job is on the island and I will spend more. Its an already established firm with headquarter in usa. While the former is just starting out, but her parent company also has offices in usa and uk and are ready to patronize the sub company.

I plan to start my masters(full-time) in unilag very soon which is inline my the latter. shuffling the masters programme with island will be a bit difficult than on the mainland.

What do you advise?

In as much as i don't believe your story, i will contribute so as to help other Nairalanders faced with this kind of problem. You need to employ the blind test method. Next time you receive a call or email from your prospective employers, don't immediately answer or open it. Subconsciously you are going to hope it's one particular one. Whatever that "one" is, is the one you should accept. No matter the advice you get here, you are going to follow your subconscious's advice.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by fajani(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
shizzy7:
who is that wise man??
Is it not what you ladies want, your guy should love you more than his mom.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by wizemoney(m): 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
Chai all this employees are not loyal.....
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by tommykiwi(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
You got 2 jobs offer and you are confused..Why telling us? Leave the 2 jobs to show you are really confused!
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by ocheejemb: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
From your description, it sounds like you would actually prefer the 2nd job.

The point of a Masters is to get a job, you already have what sounds like a good job, with potential for growth, so you shouldn't really sacrifice it for a Masters.

2 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by shizzy7(f): 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

Am I sleeping with both of them?
How does sleeping relate to Love OR what you typed

I mean Love(affection) You have #1,000,000 to save either your MOM(first) or your WIFE(second) who would you save?? who do you Love more??
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by maryhaam(f): 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
ryd3:
Growth is key. Move to a place with a structure, and where u wld n9t remain a local champion. As for unilag, r u doing pt or ft? Choose wisely but I'd advice pt. If u get accommodation around the campus then it's easier to r u ur programme. Final bullet... Go to a place where they won't owe u]6 months salary w3n oga begins to cut costs. As an IT person u need to swim in the Seas with big fish else u turn obsolete
my thought
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by maryhaam(f): 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
Taiw:
. Yes you are right. What is making me not to feel good is quitting without notice. I mean collecting my first and last pay on friday and bouncing off on monday. It sounds too mean.
yea u got conscience there,such is life thou.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
Issokay
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by ahmedzak46: 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
Follow ur heart, but for me the 2nd is better.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by shizzy7(f): 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
ahckmedkosy:
A wise man once said, If you love 2 people at the same time, choose the second one cos if u rily loved the first one, u wunt hv fallen for the second. 2nd Job
fajani:
Is it not what you ladies want, your guy should love you more than his mom.
@fajani
The post above is what I am trying to justify here mom and wife is just an example...
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by LEXYCOM: 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
Dash me one and accept the other
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
Lol. This is a Rich Man's problem grin
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by ahckmedkosy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
shizzy7:
How does sleeping relate to Love OR what you typed

I mean Love(affection) You have #1,000,000 to save either your MOM(first) or your WIFE(second) who would you save?? who do you Love more??

Gimme the 1m first and the rest is history.. u go see am for eye
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by ahckmedkosy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
shizzy7:
@fajani
The post above is what I am trying to justify here mom and wife is just an example...

The two are not on the same level..mum n wife na two different levels of relationship

2 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Oga, go pick up the latter.
Meanwhile, resign your present job honorably.

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by benitwater(m): 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Taiw:

What do you advise?
follow your mind
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by maryhaam(f): 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
mrkels:
Im like u bro . Confused as hell

For me I am currently in first level grade in an organisation, another one just came up for next 2 levels in another organisation(same industry) and the third one is an oil and gas firm, on ofshore position 2 weeks in and 2 weeks out, I also have plans to continue my masters and my mom is on my neck to get married.

Sometimes it just feels that the whole world is on my shoulder.

Praying for guidance so as not to make the wrong decision.
hmmm, sincerely in respect to growth u should go for the 2weeks in n 2 weeks out,so far the working environment is ok for you,secondly about the wife make her understand,if you are in a relationship and you are certain, show her the lady to know you have its in mind.

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Salligreen: 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
Vig86:

As if employers have ever regarded employees.

True, companies are selfish! You should be too... If you don't have two weeks to give... Move to the second job

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Job Offers Can't Decide To Pick One Pls Help!!!! / La Fayette Microfinance Test / I Just Got This Invite ......please How Real Is It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.