Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Nigerian Companies And The Ridiculous/abuse Of "Beware.....owners At Risk" Sign - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Companies And The Ridiculous/abuse Of "Beware.....owners At Risk" Sign (414 Views)

Promos And Deals From Top Nigerian Companies This Week / Just Look At The Ridiculous Caption Of The Photos This Lady Posted On Facebook / See The Ridiculous Things Spotted Inside The Police Patrol Van In Ado-Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Companies And The Ridiculous/abuse Of "Beware.....owners At Risk" Sign by deobaba(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
Seems everywhere you go nowadays you always see the sign boldly written "Cars are Parked at owners Risk"...Funny enough you find these signs even at Banks, Hotels and Car Parks.
No p right?? Yea, but What baffles me is that at the Car Park (where you get to pay for keeping your car), you still see the sign boldly written, At a hotel where you are lodged (with a Security Guard fully equipped and stationed at a Gate where you have to produce a Tally before driving in or out, you will still see the sign too)...."CARS ARE PARKED AT OWNERS RISK"....The worst scenario actually happened to me last week when i tried a banking transaction at one of the new generation Banks and was told that i couldn't go in with my Ipad cause their door kept making that annoying buzzing sound. The security guard then told me to put the ipad in a safe box at the entrance of the Bank built specifically for such scenarioes. Lo and behold i saw the sign again "Items are kept at owners risk" I turned and looked at him and said "Why would you want me to keep my personal property in a place you cannot gurantee it's safety considering the fact that it was you that didn't allow me to go in with it in the first place?so what that means is that my car is at Risk at their car park and my ipad/phone e.t.c were at risk at their entrance...All cause i wanted to transfer the sum of N 10k to a friend.........
Seriously though, i don't get the "items parked or kept somewhere is at risk policy", if you know you can't gurantee the safety of my car or item, why then build a place, collect tally and assign a guard to the items (which is by the way in your designated space)?? I'm not saying they should accept liability but it's kindda awkward telling your customers that their properties are not safe in your possession...better still don't keep them in your possession and let the customer bear the burden of his risk all alone.......scam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Companies And The Ridiculous/abuse Of "Beware.....owners At Risk" Sign by MRBrownJ: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2015
because 9ja is a hotbed for scammers and what not, i can certainly understand why companies want to protect themselves from any nonsense lawsuit.

(1) (Reply)

What And Who A 17 Years Old Is In Nigeria / Rosabon Back To School Initiative / Shoutout To Our Fat Women Inside Danfo Bus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.