Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi (31473 Views)

21 Released Chibok Girls On Their Way To Maiduguri (Photo) / JUST IN!!! We're On Same Mission With Nnamdi Kanu - ND Avengers Tell Buhari / Dasuki: Buhari On A Revenge Mission With Corruption Fight – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by experimentist: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
Yes, the same igbo that gave the IDPs a portion of his hotel last week without unnecessary media gallivanting.
mad man.
He's not a true igbo
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by dotune(m): 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Men and women have sacrificed the comfort of their abode just to administer help to displaced persons like Femi. I wonder when I will also sacrifice like these heroes that have left all just to identify with these people. My heart is heavy for Nigeria. To all the fallen heroes, soldiers I say RIP. May ur death never be in vain.

4 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by CSTR2: 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
experimentist:
He's not a true igbo
He is not a coward that needs the media to validate him, unlike the peacocks that hails from your backwater enclaves.

2 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by MadCow1: 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Stelvin101:
I don't get it, Northerners own 83% of Nigeria oil blocs yet they their environment alone is of low standard not to mention their standard of living. well, op you tried if that's really you or you are trying to steal someone's else glory. I got a confirmed job opportunity in Jigawa state but fear of Northerners won't allow me dare go there. I fear dem pass masquerade

What has one got to do with the other?

When we all sit down and start playing the tribalism game and taking it like it's life and death, I wonder if people believe that without the next tribe their lives would be much better.

Human beings are wicked regardless of what tribe they come from. These wealthy men are not making money for their community but for themselves.

The Northerners you speak of are all living abroad with mega homes. Those being killed by Boko Haram are the ordinary Nigerians like you and I.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by odinese(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Am touched
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by wytecat: 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
Great!
Show people of Maiduguri that they are not alone in this.

May divine love protect you over there and bring you back safely to your loved ones.
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Ghost01(m): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
oyin01:
How has travelling to Maiduguri become a big deal.. . Afterall, People live in Maiduguri and are doing very fine.. . That was How channels was talking nonsense about Jos yesterday as tho d city has been destroyed by war... its all lies. Maiduguri is a cool place. I plan to visit there soon.
I've been told by those who are from there that Maiduguri itself is okay, but that it's the other towns and villages around it that are now the hotbeds.

2 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ymodulus:

Yes he is igbo
Na Igbo matter go kill you this time around angry The hate you have for everything and anything Igbo will continue haunting you and choke you! Oh, I forgot, you are ghost wink

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by streetzdreamz(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nice piece op,and thanks for sharing,the story is way too emotional and captivating,I wish the youngman a safe trip back home,he is a true Nigerian with a big heart.
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Phunmibi: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Royalty1

Bro Femi, has updated on Fb
touched

Love you bro

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Akinz0126(m): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmmmmm!may the presence of da lord over shadows you.
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Famoustemmy(m): 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Very cool and original Nigeria patriotism... more power and grace for you Mr femi.....

Its #Famous_Lee
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by ExInferis(m): 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Stelvin101:
I don't get it, Northerners own 83% of Nigeria oil blocs yet they their environment alone is of low standard not to mention their standard of living. well, op you tried if that's really you or you are trying to steal someone's else glory. I got a confirmed job opportunity in Jigawa state but fear of Northerners won't allow me dare go there. I fear dem pass masquerade

Just because less than 15 people out of 10s of millions hold oil wells does not automatically translate to everyone having a stake.

We might as well ask why the south south is a barren and derelict swamp despite NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta, 13% derivation, oil companies social responsibility funds, ecological funds, amnesty funds, pipeline surveillance funds, bunkering funds, etc.

Also, your brothers and sisters living here in the north are prolly laughing at you for myopically rejecting a job due to some groundless phobia of the north.

3 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
ladyF:
God will reward him for this....well done
embark on same mission....dont just say god bless him na
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by ahnie: 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
Very patrotic
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by ahnie: 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
She likes floating on front page...roamin like visafone network
Emeskhalifa:

embark on same mission....dont just say god bless him na
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by susolzik(m): 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
I'm proud of you femi!
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
ahnie:
She likes floating on front page...roamin like visafone network
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by experimentist: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
He is not a coward that needs the media to validate him, unlike the peacocks that hails from your backwater enclaves.
bro get it into ur empty skull, that dude ain't Igbo, igbo wey like money pass him life..
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by carboblanko(m): 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Stelvin101:
A lot of misconceptions here. Not all northerners are bad. The average northerner is humble,simple and easy going. Of course like everywhere else there are a some negatives. But the negatives should not be used as bases to judge the majority.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by CSTR2: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
experimentist:
bro get it into ur empty skull, that dude ain't Igbo, igbo wey like money pass him life..
You must come from the lineage of fools.
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by experimentist: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
You must come from the lineage of fools.
grin mugu
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Paschal55(m): 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
I love this
men.#May God grant him safe return ,and to the IDPs,father give them the fortitude to bear this great misfortune, Amen!
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by dokyOloye: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
dayo23:
And some section of the country are claiming Yorubas are coward?? I dey laff ooooo cos na dem be the real coward
lol,don't even go there.Go to Maidugri and Damaturu today and U will be surprised to see hundreds of Igbo men living there and doing their business.
U will be surprised U can get all d Igbo delicacies including isi ewu,nkwobi,ugba,oha soup etc.
I lived in DTR for d whole of 2013,so I know what I am saying.
Go to Onitsha luxury bus park today and U'll see hundreds of Igbo business men heading to Maiduguri and Dtr daily,I know the young shall grow and GUO load 2 buses daily from onitsha,minus those that travel wt their lorries and those that travel from lagos too.
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Tobium1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
I'm not reading again
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
He his even from my native town
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by wytecat: 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
Until you go there and bring your own reports, the accounts of the military, media, victims and eyewitnesses will continue to have great credibility that you can't discount because of sentiments.

oyin01:
How has travelling to Maiduguri become a big deal.. . Afterall, People live in Maiduguri and are doing very fine.. . That was How channels was talking nonsense about Jos yesterday as tho d city has been destroyed by war... its all lies. Maiduguri is a cool place. I plan to visit there soon.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by LockDown69(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
Royalty1:

Sorry the pics didnt show the danger, but am sure if you read the long "epistle" you will.

Some people still live their lives like everyday might be their last and we take each day for granted down here in the south.

When last have you had to wonder if the young lady sitting beside you in a bus might just be a suiside bomber?
Lets pray for Peace all over Nigeria and support our gallant men of the armed forces.
True bro, you're on point. But sadly few people from the south will make reason or see it the way you do.
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by LordPhilip(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
You're a Good Man! Nigeria needs people like you. And may the good LORD bless our soldiers at the war front,not the once in the office that are slashing their 150k allowances!
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by boxiposhags: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
Y'ALL AFRAID OF READING EPISTLES KEEP PROVING THIS QUOTE RIGHT "IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ANYTHING FROM A BLACK MAN,KEEP IN A BOOK" START READING BRO.READERS ARE LEADER.
BeeBeeOoh:
I'm allergic to epistle

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
dayo23:
And some section of the country are claiming Yorubas are coward?? I dey laff ooooo cos na dem be the real coward

This is all you have to say after reading all that? Timeless Biggot!
Re: A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
MadCow1:

What has one got to do with the other?

When we all sit down and start playing the tribalism game and taking it like it's life and death, I wonder if people believe that without the next tribe their lives would be much better.

Human beings are wicked regardless of what tribe they come from. These wealthy men are not making money for their community but for themselves.

The Northerners you speak of are all living abroad with mega homes. Those being killed by Boko Haram are the ordinary Nigerians like you and I.

I beg to differ on this, but lemme not get into details.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donald Trump Blast African Nations / Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion / Even The Person In The Other Room Cant Get Ideas Into Buhari's Head- Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.