Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana (16957 Views)

Why I Didn’t Attend Buhari’s Meeting With Governors - Fayose / I Never Supported Ex-president Jonathan Anti Corruption Style – Falana Says / Falana Denies Praising Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by kaboninc(m): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
atlwireles:

I am first a Nigerian but sometimes, I get to think about us as a country. About our future. I get to think about the motive of certain actions of certain individuals. And it hurts me, pains me and I feel sad.

You are one of few people I follow on this forum, Nigerians only break your heart and one learns to hate this hell hole we find ourselves. That's the central reason, this Nation will not go anywhere.

If the world were populated by people who see it as it is and not as it should be, how would civilization progress? Ruth Bader Ginsburg

I tell you.

Personally, I don't have a problem with inter-tribal relationships. In fact, I have always held that our greatest strength is our diversity and ironically, it is our worst nightmare.

Through history, we are yet to learn a lesson.

From the war, to actions after the war, to today, most people who unfortunately we look up to as leaders today are the same lot flaming the embers of hatred among our people. I am also scared of the future because of the advancement of technology. Because I know that in far away Kano, in those days, Igbo merchants who ply their trade speak the Hausa/Fulani language and live peacefully with the locals.

I have seen citizens from Northern Nigeria who speak Igbo and Yoruba fluently. I have seen an Indian speaking fluently the local dialect of Yoruba in Ibadan. Today, Germany is opening its doors to migrants. The reason behind is to strengthen the economy. These guys will look for jobs, they will stimulate growth and put Germany on the path to economic recovery. Germany lost the war but today they are the Most Developed Nation in Europe.

The almighty United States became known today because she opened the doors of other races.

We just need to get this right and it must stop now; we must begin to tell these people who benefit from our disagreements and resist their every action. I have had cause to confront an Igbo guy who was confronting a hustling Hausa guy, calling him a 'boko'. I told him to stop and I believe we must also do so.

The insecurity in the North can only be put to an end only when the leaders say no. Since they can't say no, it means they are benefiting from it.

Oh, our country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by fulanimafia: 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

It is good for us to remove the log in our eyes, before removing the flick of dust in the eyes of others.
Easterners did not complain of marginalization when the tolling was announced.
Just make SNB a reality.

Kaboninc has raised valid points.
There's nothing more for me to say.
I will now sit back and watch you counter them.

I have taken a stand already.
I didn't know it would come too soon, but this SNB issue is the catalyst that made me delve into this issue.
https://www.nairaland.com/2555203/why-construction-second-niger-bridge/6#37384922

The submissions that broke the camel's back were those by SLS and Ahmadu Bello.
If Biafra is not actualized in my generation, it will in the next.
Posterity now has it on record that I lent my voice to this movement.
On my own terms, and condition.

Its interesting the last straw were SLS and the late Sir Ahmadu Bello's statements, the latter of which has been fought over already. What is it about this SNB suspension that rubs you so roughly the wrong way? The contract was not terminated. If there are inconsistencies in the concessionary agreement which could save Nigeria much needed resources, then why should the FG which contributes 30% of the funds hesitate to fix them after due evaluation?

It is pertinent to state that I do not support the stoppage of this project under any guise, as i have also used the existing bridge and agree with the need for a new one.
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by kaboninc(m): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
fulanimafia:

Its interesting the last straw were SLS and the late Sir Ahmadu Bello's statements, the latter of which has been fought over already. What is it about this SNB suspension that rubs you so roughly the wrong way? The contract was not terminated. If there are inconsistencies in the concessionary agreement which could save Nigeria much needed resources, then why should the FG which contributes 30% of the funds hesitate to fix them after due evaluation?

It is pertinent to state that I do not support the stoppage of this project under any guise, as i have also used the existing bridge and agree with the need for a new one.

Why now? Why today?

Since March, 2014. Why today? Where were they when the transaction was being structured, prepared and negotiated? Where were they when construction started? It is standard practice in government that such a project is usually certified and constantly monitored. Where were they?

Maybe when an accident occurs? Maybe when the bridge collapses?

Are you not even bothered with the false and misleading information emanating from the mouths of these government agencies just because Mr. Probe is on seat? The other day it was diversion of funds for Lagos - Kano train project.

You guys should stop insulting our collective intelligence here.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by MizMyColi(f): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
fulanimafia:

Fought over?
How so?
You mean the wars? or civil unrests?
How does that change the fact that generations after him now hold on to those words as a means to further plunder my people.
How does it change the average northerner's credo.
Are we just supposed to sweep those words under the carpet like they mean nothing?
I'm at a loss here, enlighten me please.

You call it the wrong way because you're not in my shoes.
Kindly look at that OP again and tell me even one cogent reason which that man gave.
Ever since knowing JBerger, have you heard of incompetence or damages?
The ember months are in sight.
It's gon be another time of toil and untold hardship for the easterner.

GEJ might have been a lot of things to everyone.
But he was also a good man.
Who would honestly believe that those villagers weren't properly compensated.
If they weren't, do you think they would allow JB lift even a speck of sand?

What kind of flimsy excuses are those bikonum.
Such grappling at straws.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi captured it all.
I won't say more.
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by MizMyColi(f): 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
kaboninc:

I tell you.

Personally, I don't have a problem with inter-tribal relationships. In fact, I have always held that our greatest strength is our diversity and ironically, it is our worst nightmare.

From the war, to actions after the war, to today, most people who unfortunately we look up to as leaders today are the same lot flaming the embers of hatred among our people. I am also scared of the future because of the advancement of technology. Because I know that in far away Kano, in those days, Igbo merchants who ply their trade speak the Hausa/Fulani language and live peacefully with the locals.

I have seen citizens from Northern Nigeria who speak Igbo and Yoruba fluently. I have seen an Indian speaking fluently the local dialect of Yoruba in Ibadan. Today, Germany is opening its doors to migrants. The reason behind is to strengthen the economy. These guys will look for jobs, they will stimulate growth and put Germany on the path to economic recovery. Germany lost the war but today they are the Most Developed Nation in Europe.

The almighty United States became known today because she opened the doors of other races.

We just need to get this right and it must stop now; we must begin to tell these people who benefit from our disagreements and resist their every action. I have had cause to confront an Igbo guy who was confronting a hustling Hausa guy, calling him a 'boko'. I told him to stop and I believe we must also do so.

The insecurity in the North can only be put to an end only when the leaders say no. Since they can't say no, it means they are benefiting from it.

Oh, our country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

Kaboninc, kindly watch the video above again and bring yourself to the bitter truth and reality that the concept of One Nigeria is a huge Farce and Joke!

Until the tenets of equity, fairness and justice are seen to be applied to all and sundry.
I'm sorry, this discussion on unity (federally, not interpersonal relationships) is fruitless, nonsensical and over!
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by kaboninc(m): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

Kaboninc, kindly watch the video above again and bring yourself to the bitter truth and reality that the concept of One Nigeria is a huge Farce and Joke!

Until the tenets of equity, fairness and justice are seen to be applied to all and sundry.
I'm sorry, this discussion on unity (federally, not interpersonal relationships) is fruitless, nonsensical and over!

Lol!

My dear, I can't see this video now because am on the move. But I will.

However, if the clip is about the talk of expanding the caliphate....lol.....

I strongly believe in a one Nigeria. Sometimes, breaking up may not be the best, take a look at South Sudan. Take a look a Libya. Take a look at the consequence of Scotland breaking off from Great Britain and the attendant spiraling effect world over, of Hong Kong, Taiwan.

I particularly have problem with the leaders (our leaders) who will benefit from the breakaway. That is also why I do not support the agitation of ND, at least for now because the same leaders who drive this cause will be the same who will plunder their collective resources. Who will lead the South South? The Militants? Oshimole, Amaechi? Wike? Who? Asari? Ateke? Tompolo? When the founders of this nation wanted a breakaway or independence, they did not blow up the capital, they did not blow up West Minister. But the current champions of today's breakaway are TERRORISTS!

We may say oh, we need to have our own country, we need to be on our own and decide our future ourselves. Might is strength. Unity is strength. And anything that will foster our unity (like sports) should be encouraged by all. We should begin to ensure that collectively, we send a common voice. Collectively, we make a common presentation and take a common stand. Collectively, we adopt a common journey and this way, we chart our course ourselves. This is where I have a problem with the Ohaneze Ndigbo. This is where I have a problem with the ND.

Most people may think I have not had it with the North or West, but my dad is a direct victim of actions of men from the north. But I choose to see opportunities.

We must continue to demand in strong terms that the tenets of equity, fairness and justice is observed and be seen to be applied to all and sundry. Our discussion on social media is sending a strong message. With forums like this, we can be able to talk, express ourselves and communicate our feelings and reservation against actions and in-actions of government.

The leaders of today know the importance of this medium and while some are making good, courageous and concerted use of it, analyzing the topics being discussed, developing policies and implementing these policies along the lines of these discusses, others are using it to extend and promote their evil agenda, wetting the appetite of hate among Nigerians. This we must continue to resist, even here in Nairaland!
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by fulanimafia: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

Fought over?
How so?
You mean the wars? or civil unrests?
How does that change the fact that generations after him now hold on to those words as a means to further plunder my people.
How does it change the average northerner's credo.
Are we just supposed to sweep those words under the carpet like they mean nothing?
I'm at a loss here, enlighten me please.

How do you mean generations under him hold onto those words? Kindly explain.
Prove to me all you said here are not just conjectures; what exactly do you know about an average northerners credo?

MizMyColi:

You call it the wrong way because you're not in my shoes.
Kindly look at that OP again and tell me even one cogent reason which that man gave.
Ever since knowing JBerger, have you heard of incompetence or damages?
The ember months are in sight.
It's gon be another time of toil and untold hardship for the easterner.
Your words here would hold true if you were absolutely sure the reasons given completely hold no water.
It sounds like you're playing victim, pardon my lack of a better term

MizMyColi:

GEJ might have been a lot of things to everyone.
But he was also a good man.
Who would honestly believe that those villagers weren't properly compensated.
If they weren't, do you think they would allow JB lift even a speck of sand?

What kind of flimsy excuses are those bikonum.
Such grappling at straws.

You cannot absolve GEJ of the FAILURE to complete the SNB

Please watch this expose'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPy0c7tP4Vk

MizMyColi:

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi captured it all.
I won't say more.

SLS is but one man, he was not speaking in the capacity of the North's spokesman (that's even assuming the 'North' is one single entity).
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by atlwireles: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
kaboninc:

I tell you.

Oh, our country.

Growing up in a household where my father wore the uniform for more than 30 years and killed defending what was called Nigeria's unity, tribalism was not a part of my life. Unfortunately I don't feel that way anymore, I refuse to play along as if nothing is wrong.
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by danpaul1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
Two faced yoruba slowpoke
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by kaboninc(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
atlwireles:

Growing up in a household where my father wore the uniform for more than 30 years and killed defending what was called Nigeria's unity, tribalism was not a part of my life. Unfortunately I don't feel that way anymore, I refuse to play along as if nothing is wrong.

I share your grief.

But am hopeful of a better, united Nigeria.
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by atlwireles: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
kaboninc:

I share your grief.

But am hopeful of a better, united Nigeria.

I just don't have any optimistic view of this country anymore, the more I try the less hopeful I have become. undecided
Re: I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana by sevule(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

Apologies.
I wasn't referring to you directly, but to the thought leaders who choose for us those who should be stoned in the court of public opinion, and those who shouldn't.

Again, I ask you....
Why are you so loud on this brazen corruption of GEJ and so silent on Sanusi's?
I have NO idea where you got your facts from but are you actually comparing Sanusi to Jonathan? Really? You are comparing SANUSI - a man that brought corrupt practices to the attention of the FG and JONATHAN - a man that sacked Sanusi because he tried to expose the corruption in the system. Are you for real?

Did work commence on the second Niger bridge or not?
Yes

Did we see evidence of structures coming up or not?
If you call one pillar evidence, then yes. But we are not interested in evidence, excuses and failure, we want to see a finished bridge! Or aren't you aware that there are thousands of uncompleted projects littered all over Nigeria?

Could the in-completion have been as a result of unforeseen circumstances?
NO!! NO!!! NO!!! Massive corruption and Jonathan's legendary incompetence are the reasons why the Niger bridge was never completed!

For heavens sake when would we call a spade a spade and stop sucking up to corrupt leaders who do not mean well for us? How come a mere 'state'- Lagos was able to successfully build a bridge that is longer than the second Niger bridge at less than half the price?? And they did it in less than 2 years! That bridge is now a Mecca of sorts that attracts people from all over.

The Jonathan administration had absolutely NO EXCUSE for not building the second Niger bridge plain and simple! If Lagos could build a similar bridge at less than half the cost then something is obviously WRONG somewhere!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#lnternationalWomen'sDay: Monica Ugwuanyi, Nneze Richards, Others Celebrate / Jones Abiri Released After Two Years, Should He Sue The Government? / Sunday Igboho: Some Yoruba Politicians Are Pressuring Me To Beg The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.