Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? (3232 Views)

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? / Did You Know That The Bodies Of True Christians Never Decay After They Die (vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
Is it true that the bodies of some saints are incorruptible? Are the dead bodies of some Roman Catholic saints miraculously incorruptible?
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by delishpot: 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
Is it true that the bodies of some saints are incorruptible? Are the dead bodies of some Roman Catholic saints miraculously incorruptible?

Na wash
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Demmzy15(m): 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
^^^ grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Brown47: 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
never seen one to prove it
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:27am On Aug 27, 2015
Yes it is true, there are so many cases! Verified by scientists and unexplainable by science.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:49am On Aug 27, 2015
Brown47:
never seen one to prove it
we are in an age where u have info at ur finger tips. Make research, there are over 200 such cases.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2015
delishpot:

Na wash
weytin b wash. All u nid to do is make research dear. From cecilia in d 2nd century even to d last century.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by delishpot: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2015
Ubenedictus:
weytin b wash. All u nid to do is make research dear. From cecilia in d 2nd century even to d last century.

Mummies have been found all around the world some less affected by time than the others. A lot of factors affect how a corpse decays. Even the treatment given to a corpse could determine the effect of time on it.
Does that mean that any preserved corpse from time past is the body of a saint?

Let them leave the body out in warm weather and lets see what happens after a week.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Brown47: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ubenedictus:
we are in an age where u have info at ur finger tips. Make research, there are over 200 such cases.

how do you know they're intact since they're buried in the ground.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Anas09: 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hahahahahaaha. Dead bodies. The bodies are lifeless nah. What do they mean by incorruptible. Every human in the flesh, while alive is corruptible, so how come a lifeless body will become incorruptible?
Where does these Catholics even see these things? because this is far from Christian.
Idol worshippers are not Christians They are Catholics.
Funny enough, only Catholic Priests and nuns Attains sainthood.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
delishpot:

Mummies have been found all around the world some less affected by time than the others. A lot of factors affect how a corpse decays. Even the treatment given to a corpse could determine the effect of time on it.
Does that mean that any preserved corpse from time past is the body of a saint?

Let them leave the body out in warm weather and lets see what happens after a week.

there is a difference between mummification and incorruptibility! If a body was embalmed it is not classified as incorrupt! That is why I said you should make research, if u had made research you would have learnt that there is a difference.

I give u an example, st francis de sales died close to China, his companions decided to ship his bones back to his fathers land so they poured quicklime (a decomposing agent) on it and buried it. (quicklime decomposes a corpse within days leaving just bones). After some weeks mr Francis was exhumed with the hope of shipping his bare bone back home. His flesh was still intact, the process was repeated and the result was the same. His incorrupt body was shipped home. It is still incorrupt to this day.

An incorruptible is actually different from a preserved corpse. Make research dear.

To be considered incorruptible the body is actually supposed to be in conditions that encourages decomposition.
Read my dear

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:20am On Aug 28, 2015
Anas09:
Hahahahahaaha. Dead bodies. The bodies are lifeless nah. What do they mean by incorruptible. Every human in the flesh, while alive is corruptible, so how come a lifeless body will become incorruptible?
Where does these Catholics even see these things? because this is far from Christian.
Idol worshippers are not Christians They are Catholics.
Funny enough, only Catholic Priests and nuns Attains sainthood.

It is also Christian, I can assure you it is more Christian than your denomination! It is part and parcel of Christianity and older than protestanism, God kept his son from decay for 3 days, i don't see why he cant do it for Christians for centuries! And any Christian Church that is older than 1000yrs and keeps the faith of the apostles have incorruptibles, not just Catholic church, the Orthodox church have them too.

Lastly, not just priests and nuns attain sainthood. It is for all, there are beggers who are saints, scientist, farmers, evangelist, soldiers, children, teenagers, ordinary everyday people along with apostles, matyrs, priests bishop and popes there are also former thieves, prostitutes,... All are invited to share in the life of God.

If you had made your research you wouldn't have made the mistake of lying to us that saints in the catholic church comprise of nuns and priests only.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by philfrey08: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2015
St. Anthony of padua was a great preacher who with his tongue preached to the fishes in the sea when he was rejected in a village. His tongue till today is incorruptible. His body decayed but that tongue is still fresh.

St. Catherine's body is incorruptible.
Praise God!
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by delishpot: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2015
Ubenedictus:

there is a difference between mummification and incorruptibility! If a body was embalmed it is not classified as incorrupt! That is why I said you should make research, if u had made research you would have learnt that there is a difference.

I give u an example, st francis de sales died close to China, his companions decided to ship his bones back to his fathers land so they poured quicklime (a decomposing agent) on it and buried it. (quicklime decomposes a corpse within days leaving just bones). After some weeks mr Francis was exhumed with the hope of shipping his bare bone back home. His flesh was still intact, the process was repeated and the result was the same. His incorrupt body was shipped home. It is still incorrupt to this day.

An incorruptible is actually different from a preserved corpse. Make research dear.

To be considered incorruptible the body is actually supposed to be in conditions that encourages decomposition.
Read my dear

All I am saying is no one is naturaly incorruptible. No saint ir what ever. Any such story is false and cooked up by those who want you to believe in such lies.
If they insist its incorruptible they should bring it out in the open for just 1 week on warm days and let the world bear withness to their claims.

All na wash.
I could also cook up a faboulous story and tell you why my father is a saint too.
Why do men fo,low blindly other peoples claims?
FYI not every mummy was treated for preservation. Some just happen naturaly due to some prevailing circumstance sorrounding the body before, at and after death. Read up my dear and stop blibndly follwing religion. Even jesus the christ had to ressurect to avoud his flesh decaying. No man whe ever died will remain intact if the body is left in a normal state of atmosphere after death.

Let them bring out the tongues, the legs, the breasts and what ever body part they claim tbeir God decided to save while he damned the rest of them to decay. Let us keep them outside in the open and see what happens. That is after a neutral scientist has carried out tests and confirmed those flesh are human, dates are correct and tney have not been treated in anyway to slow down decay.
If they can do that and the flesh still remains Intact then and only then will I give this talk a second thought

I would like to know if the bible talked about such people though.

FYI no where in the bible did we learn jesus was in that tomb for 3days. They only discovered after 3 days that he was not there. Just like if I take your shoes today but you only discovered it missing 3-5 days after the theft.
No one knows for sure how long it took Jesus to ressurect we only know how long it took his people to discover he was no more in there and that was it.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
delishpot:

All I am saying is no one is naturaly incorruptible. No saint ir what ever. Any such story is false and cooked up by those who want you to believe in such lies.
If they insist its incorruptible they should bring it out in the open for just 1 week on warm days and let the world bear withness to their claims.

All na wash.
I could also cook up a faboulous story and tell you why my father is a saint too.
Why do men fo,low blindly other peoples claims?
FYI not every mummy was treated for preservation. Some just happen naturaly due to some prevailing circumstance sorrounding the body before, at and after death. Read up my dear and stop blibndly follwing religion. Even jesus the christ had to ressurect to avoud his flesh decaying. No man whe ever died will remain intact if the body is left in a normal state of atmosphere after death.

Let them bring out the tongues, the legs, the breasts and what ever body part they claim tbeir God decided to save while he damned the rest of them to decay. Let us keep them outside in the open and see what happens. That is after a neutral scientist has carried out tests and confirmed those flesh are human, dates are correct and tney have not been treated in anyway to slow down decay.
If they can do that and the flesh still remains Intact then and only then will I give this talk a second thought

I would like to know if the bible talked about such people though.

FYI no where in the bible did we learn jesus was in that tomb for 3days. They only discovered after 3 days that he was not there. Just like if I take your shoes today but you only discovered it missing 3-5 days after the theft.
No one knows for sure how long it took Jesus to ressurect we only know how long it took his people to discover he was no more in there and that was it.
the bodies are out in the open, they are not hidden. The problem is that you have refused to make research.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by vooks: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ubenedictus:
the bodies are out in the open, they are not hidden. The problem is that you have refused to make research.
You who have researched would be of great help if you shared examples complete with sources
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by vooks: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
philfrey08:
St. Anthony of padua was a great preacher who with his tongue preached to the fishes in the sea when he was rejected in a village. His tongue till today is incorruptible. His body decayed but that tongue is still fresh.

St. Catherine's body is incorruptible.
Praise God!
Was the tongue preaching by itself? What about the brains
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by philfrey08: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
vooks:

Was the tongue preaching by itself? What about the brains
U can hv sth in your brains and not say it...

He was a great and intelligent preacher.... ask God y he preserved his tongue
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by vooks: 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
philfrey08:

U can hv sth in your brains and not say it...

He was a great and intelligent preacher.... ask God y he preserved his tongue
Do you know we have 16 foreskins of Jesus?
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by kennycanny: 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by kennycanny: 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
I find it very difficult to believe that any human body is incorruptible. As someone said earlier NA WASH! Still wondering why people will be lying to preach a religion that is expected to be ''Truth''
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Anas09: 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
These Catholics are just like Muslims. Twisting scriptures up to preach herecies. An idol image worshipper who lived all his life bowing down to images, something God forbits, turns out a saint of God. Then God no longer keep to his words. Thou shall not make ANY IMAGE, man. Woman, animal. Fish, bird any iMAGE at all to bow down to worship it. The Catholics blatantly disobey that instruction, yet God will over look that and crown them saints. Na lie u tok.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Anas09:
These Catholics are just like Muslims. Twisting scriptures up to preach herecies. An idol image worshipper who lived all his life bowing down to images, something God forbits, turns out a saint of God. Then God no longer keep to his words. Thou shall not make ANY IMAGE, man. Woman, animal. Fish, bird any iMAGE at all to bow down to worship it. The Catholics blatantly disobey that instruction, yet God will over look that and crown them saints. Na lie u tok.

My guy, I tire for some people matter O. I wonder where people get all these fallacies from.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by delishpot: 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ubenedictus:

http://www.orderofthegooddeath.com/really-whats-incorrupt-corpses#.VeBkmEdBvbU

Those bodies are encased and preserved. They are not out in the open.
This is idolatory. Looking unto the corpses and body parts of humans for help. The bible never preached this mess. No where in the bible were corpses venerated or looked up to for help neither are worshipers of Jehovah encouraged to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
delishpot:

http://www.orderofthegooddeath.com/really-whats-incorrupt-corpses#.VeBkmEdBvbU

Those bodies are encased and preserved. They are not out in the open.
This is idolatory. Looking unto the corpses and body parts of humans for help. The bible never preached this mess. No where in the bible were corpses venerated or looked up to for help neither are worshipers of Jehovah encouraged to do so.
some were encased after they were previously exhume while other weren't that of catherine is left open.

I hope the site u just gave me isnt a masonic site.

Lastly it is not idolatry, no body is asking a corpse for help or given adoration to it. The bible actually bears witness that God make allow the remains of the righteous to work wonders.

It seem u dont know the meaning of idolatry.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
Anas09:
u wil b so angry on d last day wen u see so many catholics in heaven. I pray God enlightens ur ignorance and shows u that catholic do not worship images. I pray he teaches u d true religious use of images.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
kennycanny:
I find it very difficult to believe that any human body is incorruptible. As someone said earlier NA WASH! Still wondering why people will be lying to preach a religion that is expected to be ''Truth''
did u make an attemp to research on d topic before accusing people of lying?
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by italo: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2015
Kennycanny, Anas09, Delishpot, Jeromejnr

Instead of just demonizing Catholics, why don't you make an educated research about these incorruptible Saints?

Why are you averse to knowledge and truth?

The incorruptible Saints are in this world. People go to see them, to research.

You don't win an argument by demonizing the person. It's called Ad Hominem. It's fallacious.

Saying Catholics are this and that doesn't affect the existence of the incorruptibles.
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by italo: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2015
If Jesus' body could be incorruptible, why do so-called "christians" believe that a Christian's body cannot be incorruptible?

Why do these "christians" limit God's power?
Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by kennycanny: 7:56am On Aug 29, 2015
Ubenedictus:
did u make an attemp to research on d topic before accusing people of lying?

My statement was not targeted at Catholic but religion generally. Today Muslim will say they gave birth to a child with Koran in the hand from heaven and died immediately, tomorrow Christian ll say a child was born with Jesus is coming soon writing in his tommy, another an Arabic inscription was seen in by the sea saying Allah is the only way. All these things can't be true the same time.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by David0(m): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2015
Ubenedictus:

Read my dear

That's d lie the Catholics carry till dis day. They didn't tell u d truth. How come we never here or seen any incorruptible saint in dis our generation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? by delishpot: 7:47am On Aug 30, 2015
I give up. Enjoy your corpses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Want To Watch Oogun Potency Test Live? / Homo Sapiens, See Your Histories / What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.