Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools (19826 Views)

13 Evils Of Boarding School, Why You Must Raise Your Children From Home / Man Picks Almajiri Children From The Street And Transformed Their Lives (Photos) / Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by anonimi: 8:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
Good initiative.
Needs to be expanded to cover political office holders and medical facilities while the remaining 35 states and 774 LGAs emulate it.
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by signature2012(m): 8:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
[quote author=signature2012 post=37366017][/quote]
BUHARI DAURA
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by chesterlee(m): 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Considering the name of the person who issued the directive (in bold above ), anybody still in doubt about their mental capacity?

Mr Lawal Buhari Daura is a dullard...just like the magician of Daura!!!
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
Shouldn't parents have the right to send their children to whatever schools they like? As long as they give 100% at their jobs as teachers, shouldn't that be the primary concern of the state government? Let's be honest with ourselves, what is not good, is not good. This is not good.

Also, what's with this new trend of reporting somebody somewhere 'orders'...etc. I thought we were practising a democracy, why then is the media reporting as if its a superior military officer barking out orders to his inferiors? Have we been so used to military rule that its now our default line of thought?
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by GoodFaith: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
Black man and black brain undecided Mandating public school teachers to withdraw their kids from private schools is an infringement on their rights and i dont think that is in consonance with any labour laws.
People have the right to send their kids to wherever;thats why i dont join people to clamour for our leaders to stop sending their kids wherever. Our leaders should just be morally guided enough to make our schools globally competitive and we citizens should demand just that.
It is not different from Local government in the develop world tell city workers to live in the same city
It is now condition of employment for the teachers
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by Nyore5: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
Although this is an infringement on the rights of the Teachers, I think it is a brilliant idea. Public schools are subsidized and affordable to the poor masses who can not afford to send their children to private schools. The teachers however use their time pursuing their private endeavors thereby 'not' providing quality education to these kids. It doesn't make sense that you are a teacher yet can't/wont teach ur kids or have them study where u teach. This should not only end with teachers though. All public officials; teachers (and others ESPECIALLY POLITICIANS) should be made to send their children to public schools and public Hospitals
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by GoodFaith: 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nyore5:
Although this is an infringement on the rights of the Teachers, I think it is a brilliant idea. Public schools are subsidized and affordable to the poor masses who can not afford to send their children to private schools. The teachers however use their time pursuing their private endeavors thereby 'not' providing quality education to these kids. It doesn't make sense that you are a teacher yet can't/wont teach ur kids or have them study where u teach. This should not only end with teachers though. All public officials; teachers (and others ESPECIALLY POLITICIANS) should be made to send their children to public schools and public Hospitals

There is no infringement on the rights of the Teachers, but a new condition of employment for the teachers
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by saintfizzo(m): 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
Black man and black brain undecided Mandating public school teachers to withdraw their kids from private schools is an infringement on their rights and i dont think that is in consonance with any labour laws.
People have the right to send their kids to wherever;thats why i dont join people to clamour for our leaders to stop sending their kids wherever. Our leaders should just be morally guided enough to make our schools globally competitive and we citizens should demand just that.
@ least he has an idea how to move the education sector forward.... give us ur's without criticising... else... stop hating on peeps who are passionate abt the future and wellbeing of up and coming generations....cheers
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by raayah(f): 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
/
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by raayah(f): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
menxer:

when we talk of quality education, is it all about the building and facilities?
what of the quality of the teachers?

if the government decide to sack teachers that are below par, what then?grin

Most of our teachers are standard.
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by opuama(f): 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
This move can only be made by DULLARDs in daura.if they can afford private skls y not?
Dictators
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by darlenese(f): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
Those in the educational sector understand what the Governor is trying to do.
This may sound funny , but this is a good move..
Govt sch teachers are lazy and they have this "I-dont-care " attitude towards the learners ,

I met a public school teacher making funny comments that primary 4 pupils cannot read in the school she was teaching , and I asked her what they were doing about it, her response was, "what is their business" I was amazed,

They claim the govt does not provide all the instructional materials needed for effective teaching and learning and I argued that she would have been able to improvise if she was an effective teacher who was passionate about her job.

If they thimk they are doing their job effectively and deserve what they are been paid for, then they should enrol their kids in the school they teach .

This is a good initiative and it should rob off on other States too
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by GoodFaith: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
opuama:
This move can only be made by DULLARDs in daura.if they can afford private skls y not?
Dictators
Dictators?--- NO
But condition of continuous employment
If you want to teach your kids must attend public school
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by IceDude(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
The governor and other political office holders should lead by example. They should stop deceiving gullible Nigerians..........But most of these public school teachers nor dey try at all o, dem nor care abt the children cos dia own dey private schools.......They spend most parts of the day gossiping and engaging in one form of business or the other right in the school premises
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by IneedASUGARMUMMY: 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
raayah:

So my child should sit in a class of 500 without standard labs and facilities because teachers get paid?

Teachers are supposed to get paid, students need good education.

I support sacking of bad teachers and strict rules for attendance but why do public officials children have to suffer for this? How does this solve the problem. A lazy teacher is a lazy teacher. Full stop.

Stop accepting mediocrity.
it seems like you didn't read the original post.

This is primary school we are talking about. If you are current with happenings.
You will know that the past administration have given primary schools a face lift,plus standard equipment.
I recently visited my the primary school I attentend and I couldn't recogniz it.

I am not ruling out that some public schools need attention.
But what stops those once with all facilities needed,from doing their job.

They still have same attitude toward our educational system.

I think you are being sentimental on this issue.

You should be agitating for all public official to embrace this scheme,not discourage it.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by menxer: 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
raayah:

Most of our teachers are standard.

"Standard" you say?
then our schools should be of "standard" then! gringringrin
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by Abdul4success(m): 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
Let me ask, The governor himself, which school are his children attending?
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by preciousMI1(f): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
in the same way....
politicians should withdraw their kids from foreign universities to Nigeria universities.....

politicians should stop travelling abroad for medical attention and treatments and do it in Nigeria too
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by menxer: 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
anonimi:
Good initiative.
Needs to be expanded to cover political office holders and medical facilities while the remaining 35 states and 774 LGAs emulate it.

grin
check your mathematics, if you subtract 1 state and have 35, how come you still have 774 LGAs left?
grin
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by Justicealh3(m): 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nobody feel talkam.... When i do public school is just like, am brainless.

Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by chimoskyg(m): 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
Right step at the right time
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by ruke84(m): 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
This is a very wrong step he is taking. Has he properly equipped the state schools.Hope he is also ready to send his children to the state university and schools and also use the state hospital to show good example.
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by menxer: 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
nameee:

So why is the government employing sub-standard teachers then?

what do you expect when mediocrity had been institutionalized in the name of employing "my person" or filling quota? grin

1 Like

Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by ozo13(m): 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2015
raayah:
Not Good

I do not support this at all. Every parent should have the right to send their kids to a good school.

Its not only teachers that make the school. Libraries, Laboratory, student-teacher ratio, access to counsellors e.t.c are all very important for students to grow and learn.

If the government steps up their game,parents will enrol their kids.
well articulated point.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by innocent1(m): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
All the politicians in that state should first withdraw their children living andstudying abroad before the teachers can be looked into

1 Like

Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by azimibraun: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
But the news says no penalties...
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by Epatty(f): 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
Lol!!! Sometimes I wonder hw tns happn in 9ja o. Y wud a public scul teacher fix his child in a private. Ds is to shw dat t private scul is beta off.
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by stinggy(m): 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
Well said.
Where I send my children/ward to should be my choice and mine alone.
These governors and misplaced priorities.

Check out some peeps praising this move, I smh vigorously undecided

1 Like

Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
This mentality by kastina state is primitive and an abuse of fundamental human rights. So a child cannot tell his/her parents that they want to attend a private institution nor could a parent Decide they want their children to attend private institution. Why are governors children schooling abroad?

I am mostly ashamed of the herd mentality approach of our leaders. It may sound good but it is totally irreponsible of any government to make such policy.

We have a long way to go as a nation.
Re: Katsina Orders Withdrawal Of Children From Private Schools by ayrahmon: 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
Dear Aminu Katsina, how many children do u have in public scbool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations / IPPIS: Some Lecturers Got Excess Salaries, Had To Refund – Emeka Nwajiuba / JAMB 2019- Things You Should Consider When Choosing A School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.