Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,965 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED (1895 Views)

Are Atheists Qualified To Speak On Christianity? / Mike Bamiloye Condemns Christian Ladies Who Look Different On Their Wedding Day / Inviting Hardmirror To A Discission On Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS 'GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY,' VOWS TO FIGHT 'WAR ON CHRISTMAS' IF ELECTED
Leah Marieann Klett : Aug 26, 2015 : Gospel Herald

"There's an assault on anything having to do with Christianity..." - Donald Trump

Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump recently defended his Christian faith and condemned the "great assault on Christianity," vowing to fight the "war on Christmas" if he is elected. (Photo via Gospel Herald)

"There's an assault on anything having to do with Christianity," Trump said on Yellowhammer Radio with Cliff Sims on Friday. "They don't want to use the word Christmas anymore at department stores."

"There's always lawsuits and unfortunately a lot of those lawsuits are won by the other side," the controversial businessman continued. "I will assault that. I will go so strongly against so many of the things, when they take away the word Christmas."

In continuing his comments, Trump charged that he goes out of his way to use the word "Christmas."

"I've even had people that do this very professionally," the real estate mogul stated, "they say, 'oh don't mention the word Christmas' ...I get up there, I mention Christmas before I even start speaking. So there's a great assault on Christianity in so many ways."

Trump argued that the assault on Christianity extends to the government's policies overseas, particularly in the Middle East: "There's real assault on Christianity when you look at what's going on in Syria and ISIS," he contended. "Do you know that if you're a Christian from Syria, you cannot get into the United States? If you're a Muslim from Syria, it's one of the easiest places to get into the United States from."

Asked to describe his faith, the presidential hopeful referred to himself as "somebody that believes very strongly in the Bible, believes in God."

"I'm protestant," he said. "I'm Presbyterian to be exact. And I grew up in Sunday school, and I did all of the things that you probably did. And I believe very, very strongly. I'm a big believer in the Bible."

At the Family Leadership Summit in Iowa last month, Trump was asked about his faith.

"People are so shocked when they find out I am Protestant. I am Presbyterian. And I go to church and I love God and I love my church," he said.

Asked whether he has ever asked God to forgive him, Trump responded, "I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so. I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

He further explained, "When I drink my little wine—which is about the only wine I drink—and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed. I think in terms of 'let's go on and let's make it right.'"

In a later interview with CNN, Trump dismissed claims his comments may have damaged his chances with Christian voters, but added that he'd "change" his "tone" as president.

http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=16569

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by trapQ: 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
I love me some trump.
anyways he's right. imagine they wanna take out some verses of the bible. that's not happening
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Cutehector(m): 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
trapQ:
I love me some trump.
anyways he's right. imagine they wanna take out some verses of the bible. that's not happening
lol and u believe a politician?
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by trapQ: 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
I guess so. he has made some racial comments in the past but I chose to believe him on this. still don't him to be President tho.
Cutehector:
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Cutehector(m): 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
trapQ:
I guess so. he has made some racial comments in the past but I chose to believe him on this. still don't him to be President tho.
me too, I dnt want him on that seat...

Urm, I think u"d hav to gv me ur sister"s no.. Still havnt repaired ur phone, hav u?
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by An2elect2(f): 1:40am On Aug 27, 2015
Well he is better than Obama for now, but things are going to get worse. The world is on a downward spiral and there is no reverse gear in sight until Jesus comes. Its not pessimism, its thinking real
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by 5solas(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2015
He seems genuinely pro Christian.
He is obviously not saved though.
Never asks God forgiveness!
I pray God, in His mercies, grants him repentance.

1 Like

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by An2elect2(f): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2015
5solas:
He seems genuinely pro Christian. He is obviously not saved though. Never asks God forgiveness! I pray God, in His mercies, grants him repentance.
Amen!

1 Like

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2015
Donald Trump of all people , lol. grin grin grin

Religious fanatics will always find a cheerleader no matter his reputation or background...

2 Likes

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Sep 20, 2016
trapQ:

I love me some trump.

It looks like he might win it. smiley
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Aaronsrod: 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
I praise Trump. Jesus people revenge time.
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
Cutehector:

Is Trump a politician? I thought he was a businessman. undecided
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Cutehector(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Is Trump a politician? I thought he was a businessman. undecided
Abeg someone who participates actively in affairs of the state is called what?
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Just Hope the power broker of USA who are mainly Freemason or illuminati would let him be POTUS...

The the World is going Godless by the day....!
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Cutehector:

Abeg someone who participates actively in affairs of the state is called what?

And who doesn't participate actively in the affairs of the state? undecided
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

Just Hope the power broker of USA who are mainly Freemason or illuminati would let him be POTUS...

I sincerely believe God had a hand in Trump winning the election, it went against all odds.
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by wiegraf: 4:03am On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I sincerely believe God had a hand in Trump winning the election, it went against all odds.

Et tu, ola?

You believe your god picked someone who loves to grab women by the puśśy?

To be fair, trump is rather tame when compared to many of Yahweh's agents

Yahweh sure does love to work in mysterious ways

1 Like

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
wiegraf:

Et tu, ola?

To be fair, trump is rather tame when compared to many of Yahweh's agents

Yahweh sure does love to work in mysterious ways

God truly works in mysterious ways. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Goshen360(m): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

^^^

wiegraf:

OLAADEGBU:

God truly works in mysterious ways. cheesy

Joker! grin grin grin
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by ichuka(m): 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
It's against Gods divine arrangement for a woman to be Head.
The church can never be head of Christ.
Though I would have preferred Clinton
Over him but,let Gods sovereignity continue to rule.
@Goshen360
Longtime bro
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Aaronsrod: 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
Aaronsrod:
I praise Trump. Jesus people revenge time.

He will cause the blood of the unbelievers to now be shed!! He is Christs right hand. The blood will rise to the height of a horses bridle. Our time has finally come. The end of all things. Hallelujah!! Praise Him and bless his anointed!

1 Like

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
Goshen360:

^^^

Joker! grin grin grin

The joke is on you and all the Obamaniacs. cheesy
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00pm On Feb 06, 2017
ZKOSOSO:

We thank God for His timely intervention. The godless are turning werewolves by the night as we are witnessing them unfold. cheesy
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
frosbel2:

Donald Trump of all people , lol. grin grin grin

Religious fanatics will always find a cheerleader no matter his reputation or background...

I hope you are not part of those cry babies protesting against the election of Donald Trump? tongue
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
5solas:

He seems genuinely pro Christian.
He is obviously not saved though.
Never asks God forgiveness!
I pray God, in His mercies, grants him repentance.

Amen! cheesy

1 Like

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 07, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I hope you are not part of those cry babies protesting against the election of Donald Trump? tongue

Good Christian that you are supporting a racist, sexist and sexual pervert, someone who said he does not need forgiveness ??

You guys are seriously confused!

2 Likes

Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
frosbel2:

Good Christian that you are supporting a racist, sexist and sexual pervert, someone who said he does not need forgiveness ??

You guys are seriously confused!

Where is the evidence that he is what you accuse him of? Bearing false witness is transgressing God's Law.
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Where is the evidence that he is what you accuse him of? Bearing false witness is transgressing God's Law.

Well sir....unfortunately there is evidence against all 3 accusations against the president.
However, Donald Trump is the 45th President of the U.S. (at least 4 years), & so we have to respect the office...regardless of his religious affiliation...be it hypocritical or not, unfortunately.

CC: Frosbel2
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03am On Mar 22, 2017
MZLady39:

Well sir....unfortunately there is evidence against all 3 accusations against the president.
However, Donald Trump is the 45th President of the U.S. (at least 4 years), & so we have to respect the office...regardless of his religious affiliation...be it hypocritical or not, unfortunately.

CC: Frosbel2

Do you mean the "evidence" supplied by the Fake News? Do you know that 45 in Hebrew means "What?!" Donald Trump is the 45th President and the world (especially) the liberal left are all saying what!? cheesy
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you mean the "evidence" supplied by the Fake News? Do you know that 45 in Hebrew means "What?!" Donald Trump is the 45th President and the world (especially) the liberal left are all saying what!? cheesy

No Sir,
I mean the "real" and "validated" evidence (which you can easily research) that shows the president having engaged in condemning behavior...both verbally and written (although these things happened decades ago).
I respect his position though...and am committed to praying for him.
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
MZLady39:

No Sir,
I mean the "real" and "validated" evidence (which you can easily research) that shows the president having engaged in condemning behavior...both verbally and written (although these things happened decades ago).
I respect his position though...and am committed to praying for him.

None of those accusing him today can boast of not doing the same if not worse. It is good that you are praying for him. We all need God's mercy.
Re: DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

None of those accusing him today can boast of not doing the same if not worse. It is good that you are praying for him. We all need God's mercy.

Yeah I am..cause that man is a human being....and Christians are commanded to pray for our leaders.
But you are right. We can't even close the closet door cause we've got so many skeletons falling out....but are quick to judge others. Not o take sin lightly, righteous judgment does have its place...but we need to have some clean closets before we condemn.
We need to be real with ourselves....and deal with our issues. We all need prayer.

(1) (Reply)

Can God Forgive Satan / How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 / A Simple Question For Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.