Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (25496 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 27, 2015
I feel sorry for single sisters in the organization. I feel as though they were wasting their lives. The organization stipulates that they get married ONLY amongst themselves and they are very few brothers in the organization.
And this is is why they are so many loveless marriages and aged single sisters.

They base this teaching on what is found at 1 Corinthians 7:39--- "...Marry only in the Lord."
Are the JWs directly or indirectly saying that anyone who isnt a Witness isnt "in the Lord"?

The Witnesses are also told to limit their contact with non-witnesses, basing such teachings on 1 Corinthians 6:14--- "Do not be unevenly yoked with unbelievers."

The unbelievers is everyone who is not a Witness. Unbelievers in what-The Bible or their beliefs?

This rule is so ridiculous because clearly Paul was referring to pagans.

I began to look at all of these and to get infuriated, because at one point in my life, I defended what I believed as the "truth" so viciously. I also began to realize that mind control respects no age. I know educated people, aged people who believe in everything they are being taught at the Kingdom Hall without doubting.

Even the group of people(?) Paul taught did research to solidly establish their faith; but we are told not to doubt. We are told to blindly believe. And if we must do research, we are to use the jw.org or their publication for it.

I left/I'm leaving because I don't want my children to be a part of this religion; where they can't think for themselves, where they will be blindly judged, where there is no understanding.
I want mental freedom for me and my generation.

Some have asked, "Won't you regret this?" And i said, in reply "If there is a God who will destroy non-witnesses at Armageddon and keep the Witnesses, then I'd rather die than live eternally with such a partial God and self-righteous JWs."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 8:48am On Aug 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Happy for you sister. ...I knew God will do it and He didn't fail me.My prayer has been answered.

Which prayer ? grin she is now in a confuse mode . Infact , she might consider joining the atheist family soon .

Kindly Recommend a church for her ?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2015
donefezy:

hmm, u got baptized @ age 12 which means u were born in the truth, u became a pioneer and yet u left all by ursef for reason which u didn't make the public to understand.
Sorry for ask questions, am just like u anyway. I left them also,but i can't stand it when i see people like u saying trash about them. You said they controlled u, are u a robot?. Since i have also been there i know the in and out of everything. Please answer this two questions 1) how many years now have you left the society
2) whats the main reason that made you leave the society?
Please answer, dis is a faceless media nobody wil prob u..thanks

You can go through all of my posts on this thread. You'd better understand my point.
Of course I won't state down everything....just the basics.

Yes, I was born in the "the truth". Ray Franz was a member of the Governing Body and he left. So...
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:
If you're not in support of what I have written, at least counter my points with equally reasonable ones.

This is not about immorality, don't be ridiculous.

Dare to think. To think outside the box. To question your faith, even just once.
And if you're scared to do so, ask yourself why.

You're not a robot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 9:05am On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:
Some have asked, "Won't you regret this?" And i said, in reply "If there is a
God who will destroy non-witnesses at Armageddon and keep the Witnesses,
then I'd rather die than live eternally with such a partial God and self-
righteous JWs."
This is great and all but then again replace the places you wrote JW with Christianity or islam and you will see none of them still is any different...They all revolve around same sick ideology of an egoistic God who is worship mongering to the extent of hurting people who don't give it.

If there is a God who will burn non-believers in hell and keep the believers, then i'd rather go to hell than live eternally with such a partial God and self righteous believers

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 27, 2015
johnydon22:
This is great and all but then again replace the places you wrote JW with Christianity or islam and you will see none of them still is any different...They all revolve around same sick ideology of an egoistic God who is worship mongering to the extent of hurting people who don't give it.

Yes. Indeed, you do have a point.
It's sad.... And I can't believe I took so long to realize.

I personally believe religion has a wrong impression about God. I don't want to believe He is what they say.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 9:19am On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

Yes. Indeed, you do have a point.
It's sad.... And I can't believe I took so long to realize.

I personally believe religion has a wrong impression about God. I don't want to believe He is what they say.
[b]Bingo!!! The bolded alone is very deep if you think about it... why should another person in the first place be the one to tell you about a universal God, why should the characteristics of this God be postulated by another man, why can't this God be the one to that for himself or herself (sure you know if God does this nobody need believe with faith but rather you will be sure and know for sure just like you don't need faith to believe earth is real, you are sure of it)
. . .Little wonder the concept of yahweh in the old testament is entirely different from that of the new testament because deities are manipulated to be what the people want.

That is the point exactly. . . That's why i created a thread based on this, on how religions ridicule and paint their own God concepts to seem evil and all round barbaric. https://www.nairaland.com/2496350/questioning-implausibilities-giving-reason-chance

Of course i share no belief in this abstract concepts but if you are to invent a God, at least invent one that doesn't depict favouritism, judgementalism, egoism, narcissism, barbarism, sadism and all round absurdity..
[/b]

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by donefezy: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

You can go through all of my posts on this thread. You'd better understand my point.
Of course I won't state down everything....just the basics.

Yes, I was born in the "the truth". Ray Franz was a member of the Governing Body and he left. So...
i understand your plight ma, like i said am like u and i wont emphasize on this anymore. I can sense you've have read & heard things that made you to be confused. Like one commenter said, its possible u become an atheist or u turn ur back at all religion because you will never find the truth anywhere if you believe JW aint the truth..
Last ßullet: talking about Jw preaching that God will distroy every evil doer is the truth..just like he did at the time of Sodom and Gomorrah, and just like humans taking an anti virus to clear our system from a particular virus to prevent it from affecting other cells. This earth needs cleansing,can't u see? Even other religion preaches that also. He created us, he gave us life and he can take that back. And from what i can understand the war of armageddon is meant for satan and his demons & evil doers who will stil be alive by then .

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2015
Jozzy4:

Which prayer ? grin she is now in a confuse mode . Infact , she might consider joining the atheist family soon .

Kindly Recommend a church for her ?
No need for church.....she should,stay at home and read her Bible often and Inspiring articles on end time.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by donefezy: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:
No need for church.....she should,stay at home and read her Bible often and Inspiring articles on end time.
she is not one of the lost sheep like i am too..and i will find my way back to the truth. Because there is no true religion out there
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 27, 2015
IsaacBuchi:
JMAN05, dolphinheart

I appreciate ur tagging me, but I have no contribution cos d thread talks abt a disfellowshiped person's diary. Maybe an apostate too. 1cor 5:11

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2015
donefezy:

she is not one of the lost sheep like i am too..and i will find my way back to the truth. Because there is no true religion out there
Who said she is lost? uhn? Or What's your standard of been lost? Well hell with Religion I have nothing to do with it but I have all things to do with Christ.

Like I said Mznelly stay in your house and study the Bible the Holy Spirit whom God has given to you be with you and give you understanding like He did for me and He is doing for me. God be with you.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 10:43am On Aug 27, 2015
donefezy:

Dont mind the already confused OP , she finds Armageddon strange but could still belive that only 8 people , just 8 , survive a global flood ! Isnt that funny ? Forgeting that the purpose of both is to CLEANSE THE EARTH .

Its better she drop the bible and God altogether . Or keep deceiving herself .

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Who said she is lost? uhn? Or What's your standard of been lost? Well hell with Religion I have nothing to do with it but I have all things to do with Christ.

Like I said Mznelly stay in your house and study the Bible the Holy Spirit whom God has given to you be with you and give you understanding like He did for me and He is doing for me. God be with you.

Really ? what happen to Hebrew 11:25 ? grin
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by menesheh(m): 11:01am On Aug 27, 2015
johnydon22:
Bingo!!! The bolded alone is very deep if you think about it... why should another person in the first place be the one to tell you about a universal God, why should the characteristics of this God be postulated by another man, why can't this God be the one to that for himself or herself (sure you know if God does this nobody need believe with faith but rather you will be sure and know for sure just like you don't need faith to believe earth is real, you are sure of it)
. . .Little wonder the concept of yahweh in the old testament is entirely different from that of the new testament because deities are manipulated to be what the people want.

That is the point exactly. . . That's why i created a thread based on this, on how religions ridicule and paint their own God concepts to seem evil and all round barbaric. https://www.nairaland.com/2496350/questioning-implausibilities-giving-reason-chance

Of course i share no belief in this abstract concepts but if you are to invent a God, at least invent one that doesn't depict favouritism, judgementalism, egoism, narcissism, barbarism, sadism and all round absurdity..

BOLDED

Why must he ever invent an imagery fantasy. If he should ever do that, he should be able to give more vivid explanations of such god in a way that many more people can evaluate and demonstrate such concept too to arrive at the same conclusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2015
menesheh:

BOLDED

Why must he ever invent an imagery fantasy. If he should ever do that, he should be able to give more vivid explanations of such god in a way many more people can evaluate and demonstrate such concept too to arrive at the same conclusion.
Many God concepts has been invented through out history which basically is always a means for a person to level out his own ideologies on people without question.

If people as much cannot do without them buying into the idea of a God, at least they should come up with one with less abusive and disturbing characters like ones we have all over every culture.

Humans always pour out their own selfish ideologies in the guise of "word of God"..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by An2elect2(f): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2015
Jozzy4:

Are you now ready to answer my question cheesy

Whats the name of the God you are talking about ?

JESUS. Your God and my God
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by menesheh(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2015
johnydon22:
Many God concepts has been invented through out history which basically is always a means for a person to level out his own ideologies on people without question.

If people as much cannot do without them buying into the idea of a God, at least they should come up with one with less abusive and disturbing characters like ones we have all over every culture.

Humans always pour out their own selfish ideologies in the guise of "word of God"..

What you are saying is that both of us can invent more secular god that is benevolent and non-contradictory to represent modern sort of god.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2015
An2elect2:

Is she not saying the truth? Do you need some 'heavenly' revelation to see the absurdity of your apostate gathering??

Why don't you do all a favour and just drop the bible completely, so the whole world can see your cult-status without hindrance.

Your brains have been washed with doctrines and traditions of men and false pride has been instilled in you. But you cannot see this, therefore your enslavement lingers...

If you do not believe that Jesus is who He is, you will perish in your sins

JWISACULT#

Hehehehehehe. What truth has she said? I bet u, u haven't been to a kingdom hall before neither have u read a single book written by the witnesses. All claims and no proof is what it is - a lie.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2015
An2elect2:

JESUS . Your God and my God[/b]

@underlined ! So many people actually see God with their eyes , wow ! That means Mary gave birth to God ... Hmmm

What puzzle"s me is : WHO IS GOD PRAYING TO ? Another God ? , or he only pretends to pray so as to deceive the people ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Rilwayne001: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

Gf?

Yes. Possibly my wife wink grin

*looks around*

Calm down, no one is chasing you.

What I am now is confused.

Hmmmmm.. Its a normal thing sweetie, all you need now is to seek the truth. Read extensively. Don't mind all these fake atheists.
Francist.ony was once in your shoe. He was more than confused..lol. He once turned agnostic christian, then to pure agnostic and then to deism. I think he is now back to christianity.

my2kobo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Rilwayne001: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2015
An2elect2:

[i]JESUS. Your God and my God[/b]
You are more confused than the OP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 11:32am On Aug 27, 2015
menesheh:

What you are saying is that both of us can invent more secular god that is benevolent and non-contradictory to represent modern sort of god.
No i don't need to invent a God, i lack the psychological dependency it takes to do that and it is totally useless to....i am psychologically independent.

what i mean is that; Religions should at least stop insulting their God concepts by depicting it with such disturbing characters like they do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by hahn(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2015
menesheh:

I'm in grin
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by menesheh(m): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2015
hahn:

I'm in grin

This god thing still dey sweet you for body. Seems you can't get rid of such idea. cheesy
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by An2elect2(f): 11:38am On Aug 27, 2015
vfactor:

Hehehehehehe. What truth has she said? I bet u, u haven't been to a kingdom hall before neither have u read a single book written by the witnesses. All claims and no proof is what it is - a lie.

Ignored.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 11:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Hmmmmm.. Its a normal thing sweetie, all you need now is to seek the truth. Read extensively. Don't mind all these fake atheists.
Again the Fake Atheist phrase pops up, please can you tell m what you mean by that please?

What makes someone an atheist and what makes someone a fake atheist?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Rilwayne001: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Jozzy4:

Dont worry , just watch in 3D . As a muslim brother , can you use the kind of pic the OP uploads on her profile for your own profile ?

What's with the pic?

* she want freedom from the bible and quran do's and dont's *

She's confused. The bible is a book of confusion lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by An2elect2(f): 11:39am On Aug 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You are more confused than the OP.
He is your God too
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by An2elect2(f): 11:42am On Aug 27, 2015
Jozzy4:

@underlined ! So many people actually see God with their eyes , wow ! That means Mary gave birth to God ... Hmmm

What puzzle"s me is : WHO IS GOD PRAYING TO ? Another God ? , or he only pretends to pray so as to deceive the people ? undecided

I have never seen an atheist ask a reasonable question, can't you break the record?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 11:44am On Aug 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

What's with the pic?
She has remove the indecent stuff cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim / Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos) / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.