Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (25498 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
[quote author=MzNelly post=37367173][/quote] I was there too. Served as a baptized pubisher from 2001 till 2007 then i became an atheist. Jehovahs Witnesses are nice people, they advocate honesty and chastity. I was born into the family of witnesses and you can imagine how strict such a family would be. Mind control is their societies game plan. I was disappointed to realize that the bible was full of sh1t.
I dont know where you the op is coming from, whether you went to another religious group or u threw religion away entirely but its great to see someone who has the courage to abandon a religion full of extremists and fundamentalists who will go to any length to disfellowship and make you a pariah if you ever slip up from one of their rediculous rules.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
I am 100 percent with bro. smart sayings there. imagine the bible telling uus that humans lived up to 900 years old and surprisingly too many people accepts this. What are we, retarded?
johnydon22:
[b]Bingo!!! The bolded alone is very deep if you think about it... why should another person in the first place be the one to tell you about a universal God, why should the characteristics of this God be postulated by another man, why can't this God be the one to that for himself or herself (sure you know if God does this nobody need believe with faith but rather you will be sure and know for sure just like you don't need faith to believe earth is real, you are sure of it)
. . .Little wonder the concept of yahweh in the old testament is entirely different from that of the new testament because deities are manipulated to be what the people want.

That is the point exactly. . . That's why i created a thread based on this, on how religions ridicule and paint their own God concepts to seem evil and all round barbaric. https://www.nairaland.com/2496350/questioning-implausibilities-giving-reason-chance

Of course i share no belief in this abstract concepts but if you are to invent a God, at least invent one that doesn't depict favouritism, judgementalism, egoism, narcissism, barbarism, sadism and all round absurdity..
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:
To Mznelly
This is just an Advice.

I followed you on nairaland because I noticed even without you mentioning that you have a soft spot for JW's. However, its not so much a suprise that u were brought up as a JW.

So you woke up on day and decided that u'll quit being in the religion of your parents, that u'll quit the faith which your loving parents brought u up with? Well, it happens sometimes, u're not the first and neither will you be last. If what u've done wasn't recorded as something that will happen in this time, I may have been deeply puzzled.

I notice u still have some respect for JWs, but u made quite some remarks that indicates u didn't quite understand certain bible injunctions and how they are applied.

I have 3 points to make:

1. This world under satan's control(1john 5:19)says: "you can be whatever you want", the world promotes an independent spirit by kicking against any kind of restraint. Many are influenced by this way of thinking that's why today, they disregard the moral and spiritual boudaries established by God. This independent spirit satan promotes today was what led to the sin in Eden. Satan sowed the seed of independence from God and Eve nutured it. His methods havnt changed.

The whole congregation thing(as set out by JW) is not a mind control as some today say. It is a pattern set by the first century christians - Acts 15:6-29, 21:17-19. Jehovah blessed this pattern, so we apply it today.

We're affected to some degree by the world around us, but we shouldn't let the independent spirit of this world to overreach us. Fact is we must be under God's Authority and follow his arrangement if we want to please him, and not having a free mind or free thinking - that leads to self indulgence and greed. It certainly dsnt result in pleasin God.

2. Everyone studying the bible has to ask questions at some point. Answers must only be sourced from the Bible, not from other sources. Paul cautioned christians to be careful so as not to be carried away by the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men - col 2:8. Like an inflated balloon, the wisdom(thinking) of this world has an appearance of solidity, but there is not substance to it. It would be futile, even disastrous, to base one's choice of right and wrong on something as insubstantial as the wisdom of this world.

If you have issues with certain bible truths, consult with more experienced ones in the congregation, do personal bible research and reading, pray to Jehovah, have patience. Jehovah blesses such efforts.

3. The mistake you can make is to turn to any Apostate for guidiance. They will nuture the seed of independence in your heart - Independence from God.
Life is always better being on Jehovah's side(I write this from experience).

Added to point 3 : they cannot give you the answers you seek despite there happiness .

6 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
kobosmalls:
I am 100 percent with bro. smart sayings there. imagine the bible telling uus that humans lived up to 900 years old and surprisingly too many people accepts this. What are we, retarded?

So have you been able to learn what stops humans from living longer lives than they do now ?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
donefezy:

i understand your plight ma, like i said am like u and i wont emphasize on this anymore. I can sense you've have read & heard things that made you to be confused. Like one commenter said, its possible u become an atheist or u turn ur back at all religion because you will never find the truth anywhere if you believe JW aint the truth..
Last ßullet: talking about Jw preaching that God will distroy every evil doer is the truth..just like he did at the time of Sodom and Gomorrah, and just like humans taking an anti virus to clear our system from a particular virus to prevent it from affecting other cells. This earth needs cleansing,can't u see? Even other religion preaches that also. He created us, he gave us life and he can take that back. And from what i can understand the war of armageddon is meant for satan and his demons & evil doers who will stil be alive by then .
Dude, you do realize that your so-called God created man and everything to be perfect, yet they sinned and everything became messed up.
Where did that virus come from that u used as a reference to God exterminating sin?
If the virus came from satan, didnt God create him to be perfect?
What assurance do you have that once God has wiped all evil from earth that evil wont rise up again, this time even worse because this time we now know sin unlike Adam and Eve who were created perfect.
Religion is full of sh1t and that is exactly one of the mind control means the bible and religion uses to attract and control people who fail to think for themselves.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
*sigh

Now I'm looking for answers...
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS

dolphinheart

Why can't you marry a non-witness?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
An2elect2:

I have never seen an atheist ask a reasonable question, can't you break the record?
How come its only in religious books that you see people who has lived up to 900 years?
Where was God when he created the heavens and the earth?
If your God was all perfect why did he regret creating man?
If your God is all-loving and powerful claiming to have created the universe and man just by his words, why does he or why did he require that blood be shed always(remember the jews cleansed themselves with blood of animals and birds and then jesus died too to save you) just to forgive man's sins? If you think its proper for him to do it, why dont u urself require that a fellow human shed blood before u forgive them when they err against u?
Does this blood lust of your God not question his position as the creator since he cant do without the same blood that he created?
Is there any difference between this jewish God and those idols in Africa that require blood sacrifices? If u are honest and smart enough u will agree with me that this God is an idol invented by the jews.
Jehovahs witnesses always claim that a house cannot be built without a builder. they use this as an argument against atheists but in reality it is against themselves since they( all christians) believe that he created everything but he himself was not created by anything. NOW.......
Dont you think that a house and a builder logic is flawed by this reasoning?
(1) Since God exists then he must have been created or designed by someone or something else.
(2)If God was not created and yet he exists, then by this logic, man can also exist without being created!
Dont start with ur bull crap about God being a spirit and that he doesnt need to be created. Come up with something smart.
Luke 9:27 says" there are some of those standing here who will not taste death until they first see the kingdom of God". Jesus was telling his disciples this and yet they have all died. where the fk is that kingdom now? This a clear-cut example of one of the many false prophecies in the bible, yet people look for ways to divert these obvious lies into whatever nonsense they wish to call it just to feel good and "saved".
Please dont give me that transfiguration crap as the kingdom of God cos i was once a jehovahs witness and i know how the society make u dummies think. Transfiguration cant be the Kigdom of God since it didnt fulfil what the kingdom was meant to do for man and the earth.

I am a very proud ATHEIST.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
kobosmalls:

How come its only in religious books that you see people who has lived up to 900 years?
Where was God when he created the heavens and the earth?
If your God was all perfect why did he regret creating man?
If your God is all-loving and powerful claiming to have created the universe and man just by his words, why does he or why did he require that blood be shed always(remember the jews cleansed themselves with blood of animals and birds and then jesus died too to save you) just to forgive man's sins? If you think its proper for him to do it, why dont u urself require that a fellow human shed blood before u forgive them when they err against u?
Does this blood lust of your God not question his position as the creator since he cant do without the same blood that he created?
Is there any difference between this jewish God and those idols in Africa that require blood sacrifices? If u are honest and smart enough u will agree with me that this God is an idol invented by the jews.
Jehovahs witnesses always claim that a house cannot be built without a builder. they use this as an argument against atheists but in reality it is against themselves since they( all christians) believe that he created everything but he himself was not created by anything. NOW.......
Dont you think that a house and a builder logic is flawed by this reasoning?
(1) Since God exists then he must have been created or designed by someone or something else.
(2)If God was not created and yet he exists, then by this logic, man can also exist without being created!
Dont start with ur bull crap about God being a spirit and that he doesnt need to be created. Come up with something smart.
Luke 9:27 says" there are some of those standing here who will not taste death until they first see the kingdom of God". Jesus was telling his disciples this and yet they have all died. where the fk is that kingdom now? This a clear-cut example of one of the many false prophecies in the bible, yet people look for ways to divert these obvious lies into whatever nonsense they wish to call it just to feel good and "saved".
Please dont give me that transfiguration crap as the kingdom of God cos i was once a jehovahs witness and i know how the society make u dummies think. Transfiguration cant be the Kigdom of God since it didnt fulfil what the kingdom was meant to do for man and the earth.

I am a very proud ATHEIST.

Easy man!!! grin grin grin
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
Miz.MyColi:
I may not have biblical proof portending my stance that it is humanly wrong to dismiss anyone from "God's" presence, but I have a spirit in me, a spirit that gives me understanding.
For that I unequivocally declare it is wrong.

The reason most people go to church isn't really to find God, but to fellowship (be with other fellows in a ship) based on the knowledge that you share similar values.

I remember a place in the scriptures where Jesus said No one who comes to me will I in ANYWISE cast out.
I grew up with lotsa guilt preachings. I was taught that I needed to do this and that to win God's Favour.
Well, to a large extent, that God doesn't exist in my life anymore. I wish I could address my knowledge of God now in totally different terms from what we have these days in Christian circles.

I don't go to church. I don't read the bible.
I can imagine the number of folks who on reading this must have condemned me to the hottest part of hell.

I desire fellowship too, people who share my ideals on unhinged freedom, who do not concern themselves so much as to how I live my life. A place where we come as we are. Where acceptance, living, life and love reigns supreme. I desire a place where there are no structures, where one doesn't feel like he deserves to be worshipped because he's seemingly better than me. I don't wanna feel like I'm under the control of or answerable to someone whom I share no blood or marital ties with.

I just wanna be free to be me.
To live, to learn, to succeed, gaffe and just know that it's okay because I'm eternally accepted.
I want a place that's devoid of judgement, where I'm not constantly under the tortorous teachings of hell and how God will punish the lot who dissent.
Away from dogmas and doctrines of every kind.
I admit that we, virtually all of us, have a screwed view of God. What irks me is how we are willing to go to war for the version/brand of God we think of as correct, most times losing our humanity in the process.

If you know of any fellowship with these specifications in Nigeria, please let me know.

For now, fellowshipping with a plethora of humans like I do on NL and other social media and more importantly, my family and a few close friends is enough.
The God dimension within me is enough.

I'm sorry if this comes off as derailing.
The thread got me attracted cos I saw the OP showing some humanity/deepness. I thought of it as a platform to bare my thoughts too.
smiley

Thanks for having me.

smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
dolphinheart:

So have you been able to learn what stops humans from living longer lives than they do now ?
YOu dont get it, do you?

im trying to tell you that the bible lied to you when it wrote that people lived up to 900 years.

Neantherthal man didnt even live up to 200 years old and they were here before the jewish cavemen and we the modern man.

Please grow some brain in your head. dont be afraid to think freely.

It was ordinary humans like you, much so, stupid normadic men that wrote the bible.

I bet your bible didnt see the computer and the internet coming, otherwise they would have prophesied it.

The only prophecies in the bible that looks real to the untrained eyes are wars and famine,earthquakes etc which were already happening in their time.
Its similar to a person telling you that your wrist watch will someday get broken.

common sense!

THINK FREELY.
LEAVE THE JEWISH NORMADIC CAVEMEN TO THEIR THOUGHTS AND WISHES. THEIR TIME HAS GONE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
kobosmalls:

YOu dont get it, do you?

im trying to tell you that the bible lied to you when it wrote that people lived up to 900 years.

Neantherthal man didnt even live up to 200 years old and they were here before the jewish cavemen and we the modern man.

It was ordinary humans like you, much so, stupid normadic men that wrote the bible.

I bet your bible didnt see the computer and the internet coming, otherwise they would have prophesied it.

The only prophecies in the bible that looks real to the untrained eyes are wars and famine,earthquakes etc which were already happening in their time.
Its similar to a person telling you that your wrist watch will someday get broken.

common sense!

THINK FREELY.
LEAVE THE JEWISH NORMADIC CAVEMEN TO THEIR THOUGHTS AND WISHES. THEIR TIME HAS GONE.

I'm dead. grin grin grin
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
firestar:

Send me a PM.
There's a poetry class currently on WhatsApp:
Nairaland Poetry Club.

grin
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by donefezy: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Mznelly , from ur pofile seems like you've absolve alot from http://jwfacts.com
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
I have been following this thread since the begining, I would say am pleased with what I see. I choose not to comment because of the deep respect I have for MzNelly and to avoid mis-representations of my comments as derailment.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
donefezy:
Mznelly , from ur pofile seems like you've absolve alot from http://jwfacts.com

Em... I've been doing some research
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
paulGrundy:
I have been following this thread since the begining, I would say am pleased with what I see. I choose not to comment because of the deep respect I have for Mz.Nelly and to avoid mis-representations of my comments as derailment.

sad sad Why you gotta hurt me like this?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
MzNelly:

sad sad Why you gotta hurt me like this?

What do I do?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
paulGrundy:

What do I do?

You snubbed me.

I did everything to reach you cry

Now you come on this thread and talk- undecided undecided

I'm upset with you.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by donefezy: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
MzNelly:

Em... I've been doing some research
am very sorry to ask. How wide is this your research? Because i will start mine soon
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
kobosmalls:

Dude, you do realize that your so-called God created man and everything to be perfect, yet they sinned and everything became messed up.
Where did that virus come from that u used as a reference to God exterminating sin?
If the virus came from satan, didnt God create him to be perfect?
What assurance do you have that once God has wiped all evil from earth that evil wont rise up again, this time even worse because this time we now know sin unlike Adam and Eve who were created perfect.
Religion is full of sh1t and that is exactly one of the mind control means the bible and religion uses to attract and control people who fail to think for themselves.

Seems you dnt understand what perfection means
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
kobosmalls:

YOu dont get it, do you?

common sense!

THINK FREELY.

Do you know now know why man die?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
MzNelly:

Why can't you marry a non-witness?

You have not told us why you left! And how you intend to correct or find solutions to the reasons that made you leave.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
donefezy:

am very sorry to ask. How wide is this your research? Because i will start mine soon

Very intense. Endeavour to do yours.

dolphinheart:

You have not told us why you left! And how you intend to correct or find solutions to the reasons that made you leave.

I've talked with BibleSpeaks about this already.

Never mind.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
dolphinheart:

Do you know now know why man die?
Because we grow old and die.

Dont tell me about sin because i know that animals didnt sin and get cursed but they still die.

Use ur small brain. Its meant to be used not to be misled.

Imagine a 21st century human looking for answers to why we die in a book written by normadic ret4rds who thought that the sun rotates around the earth and that a donkey talks even a snake too.
Grow up you dullard.
Everything with a beginning comes to an end.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
dolphinheart:

Seems you dnt understand what perfection means
Do you?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Mcslize: 1:36am On Aug 29, 2015
Jozzy4:

Lol , am not J.W but I got alot of respect for them . Unlike other so - called Christians , they remove those wicked one from their midst sharply .

why r u denying ur religion just because d guy said he wanna expose ur hypocrisy? Not judging tho bt it is good to be sincere. No one can deceive God lest we end up deceiving ourselves. Shits do happen. Let me not say
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 1:50am On Aug 29, 2015
Mcslize:

why r u denying ur religion just because d guy said he wanna expose ur hypocrisy? Not judging tho bt it is good to be sincere. No one can deceive God lest we end up deceiving ourselves. Shits do happen. Let me not say

if having alot of RESPECT FOR JW's mean am a JW , then count me in .
Meanwhile , i state it frankly that unlike other churches i know , Witnesses dont waste time removing sexually immoral people . Have heard about such cases many times .

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Mcslize: 2:17am On Aug 29, 2015
Jozzy4:

Noted but it is only those that happened to be caught that I think will be removed. How about those who may not be caught who still stick to d identity but stil do some shady things behind close doors and still go out to carry out evangelism?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:47am On Aug 29, 2015
Mcslize:

Noted but it is only those that happened to be caught that I think will be removed. How about those who may not be caught who still stick to d identity but stil do some shady things behind close doors and still go out to carry out evangelism?

" Remember , the sins of some people are obvious leading them to certain Judgement . But there are others whose sins will not be revealed until later" - 1 Tim 5:24

(NLT)

The underlined reveal that their own sins will also be revealed but it may not be immediately unlike their counterparts whose sins have been revealed leading them to certain judgement e.g disfellowship or some other form of judgement .

That scripture said it all .

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by nigerianium: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2015
JMAN05:

I appreciate ur tagging me, but I have no contribution cos d thread talks abt a disfellowshiped person's diary. Maybe an apostate too. 1cor 5:11

Who are you to judge who is closer to God?

You're scared of criticism 'cause you can't defend the inconsistencies. I've had Witness friends all my life and most of them do things that would shock Meheeda.♦
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by firestar(f): 10:38am On Aug 29, 2015
nigerianium:

Who are you to judge who is closer to God?

You're scared of criticism 'cause you can't defend the inconsistencies. I've had Witness friends all my life and most of them do things that would shock Meheeda.♦

Please do tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos) / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.