Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

How To Apply For Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2015 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Apply For Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2015 (923 Views)

Yale Young African Scholars Program 2018 For Secondary School Students / Mastercard Foundation Calls For Submissions By Young African Artists / Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program At Mcgill University, Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2015 by VictorOme(f): 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
How To Apply For MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2015

The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides support to more than 15,000 deserving students from Africa, North America and Europe to help them successfully complete their university educations and pursue their dreams.

Through this program young people will gain the skills and knowledge they need to become leaders and make the world a better place.
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program Provides:

Financial support for: books, supplies, fees, uniforms, transportation, living expenses and stipends.

Transition Support to secondary school or into the workforce.

Skill Training for areas relevant to employment.

Potential Scholarship Beneficiaries Should Have:

Academic talent and drive to succeed.

Commitment to altruism and giving back to the community.

Leadership qualities and the capability to make a difference.

How to Apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program

MasterCard’s partners and NGOs are in charge of recruiting and selecting scholars. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is partnered with educational institutions in the all over the world such as Duke University, BRAC and Earth University. Find the specific institution you are looking for to learn about how to apply.

What About Deadlines?

The deadlines will be different depending on what partner you are applying through. Make sure to contact the Scholars Program partner directly to find out exactly what you need to do.

You can see a list of partners and links to application details at: http://mycollege.com.ng/mastercard-foundation-scholars-program/

Considerations

Age Requirements – If you are applying for a scholarship to fund your undergraduate degree, candidates need to be 29 years or younger. For grad students, candidates must be 35 years or younger when applying.

Test Scores – Before consideration for a scholarship applicants must meet the admissions requirements of the University. Many times this means SAT or TOEFL Scores. One or both of these test may be used for all international students.

Many people may not be able to afford the high costs of these standard tests. Unfortunately most universities (our partners) around the world measure SAT and TOEFL Scores as part of their application requirements for international students. If this is an issue, you will be glad to know the following:

The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is partnered with multiple universities from Africa that offer undergraduate and graduate programs that do not require candidates to submit SAT or TOEFL Scores. If you can’t take the tests apply to one of these universities:

Pretoria

University of Cape Town

Makerere University

Kwame Nkrumah

University of Science and Technology

African Institute for Mathematical Sciences

In some instances the university that you are applying to can help you come up with money for the tests. If you think you know the material well enough to do well on the SAT and TOEFL seek a letter of recommendation.

Ask a teacher or counselor to give you a letter demonstrating their support in your academic prowess. Be open and share your story and any letters of support with the admissions office of the school you are applying to.

After you’ve applied be patient. It may take several months for the universities admissions office to review your application. If you have any questions, contact the partner directly.

Source: http://mycollege.com.ng/mastercard-foundation-scholars-program/
Re: How To Apply For Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2015 by abbeywalado: 3:11am On Oct 24, 2015
I have a peculiar issue, I have a ND in Food Technology (upper credit) ...2006 and also had a B.Sc in accounting but intend to apply for a this scholarship to study food tech as an undergraduate. Some questions came to my mind;
1. The last time I studied something on food tech was in 2006 and my O level was in 2003. ( 5 distinctions, 3 credits). what are my chances of getting d scholarship.
2. Do I apply as a transfer student (direct entry) or what?
3. My age, presently 29. will be 30 by January.

please I need an expertise answers on these questions, I'm at a crossroads now.

(1) (Reply)

Refugee Crisis Rocking Europe: What You Need To Know / PHOTO Of The Day I Swear You Will Laugh And Think / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.