Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,427 members, 7,800,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? (16919 Views)

Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? / NAIJABET.COM held up my winnings . How Can I Report Them? (RESOLVED) . / Please Where And How Can I Report This Child Abuse Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by funstufz: 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
I can tell you categorically that the receipt was forged based on your clearing agents negotiation.
Was involved in a similar case before whereby a figure was put before the actual amount i was supposed to pay.
This same set of people full most offices in Nigeria to the brim.
God save Nigeria
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by huthority01(m): 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bro, please take it easy. You can reach the director of legal matters at the Public Complaints Commission on this number... 08034019581. I am sure you'll get help....

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Emade(m): 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
Change is coming maybe u are the one to bring change to nipost

2 Likes

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by templegate: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:
Hello everyone, I need help on this issue. My fiancee sent her wedding gown from Germany( dutche post) to Nigeria(NIPOST). This morning I called the customer care and I was given a location to go pick it up. 1hour after that a woman called me to come pick it up but that I have a custom charge of about 29,000 naira to pay. I shouted and insulted her that even the amount they use to send it from abroad is not up to that. Immediately I went there and they insisted I most pay. I requested for a document to show the charges. She brought out a paper and what I observed, the paper was tampered with in their office. The good was sent as personal goods which doesn't attract custom charge so she was told in germany. The woman is feeling like God and I really want to show her, she can't do fraud and still wait for me to be begging her. Pls anybody with ideas on who to report the case to. Attach is the receipt she showed me and I took pictures of it. If you carefully look at it, the blue pen is what it came with originally and am to pay 2100 for delivery. The rest amount is different and was written with a red pen. Pls who can I report to, and am I suppose to pay custom duty for personal goods?

My Brother, kindly negotiate with them or you may end up losing it all. No one to complain to ooooo. I have had several nasty experiences like that.

And I really pity those who buy ebook on the so called "mini-importation business" because Nigerian Customs will frustrate you.

In 2010, I ordered for a laptop from HP (USA) directly and everything + shipping cost me about N45,000. I was called from Wuse Post Office to come and get my laptop. By the time I got there, they gave me N25,000 bill. Before they collected N20k it was war.

Nov/Dec 2014, I helped a friend, an old (sick) man buy some DRUGS (I mean his personal drugs because he's diabetic) from USA. It was sent through Fedex and I was called by Fedex Lagos that my goods are with the Customs. The total cost of the package was N39,000+(including shipping) and Nigerian Customs gave me a bill of over N22k. I can go on and on and on. It has been very unpleasant experiences.

Just negotiate with them and get your stuff or they will frustrate you.

No one to complain to because at the end of the day, they will tell you that the Federal Govt gave them a target to meet.

Sorry o bros. Na here we find ourselves.

MY CANDID ADVICE TO THOSE WHO WANT TO DO THE SO CALLED "MINI-IMPORTATION BUSINESS"

Plss for your sake, do something locally. It is not as easy as all these "wise" guys who sell ebooks make you believe.
If you can go to Dubai or China better for you but with Nigerian Customs, just keep your money if you don't have enough money to travel.
Am talking out of several experiences I've had with them.
Goodluck!

FOR CLARITY, IT IS NOT NIPOST, IT THE NIGERIAN CUSTOMS THAT CHARGES UNREASONABLE DUTY

5 Likes

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by mbulela: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:
Hello everyone, I need help on this issue. My fiancee sent her wedding gown from Germany( dutche post) to Nigeria(NIPOST). This morning I called the customer care and I was given a location to go pick it up. 1hour after that a woman called me to come pick it up but that I have a custom charge of about 29,000 naira to pay. I shouted and insulted her that even the amount they use to send it from abroad is not up to that. Immediately I went there and they insisted I most pay. I requested for a document to show the charges. She brought out a paper and what I observed, the paper was tampered with in their office. The good was sent as personal goods which doesn't attract custom charge so she was told in germany. The woman is feeling like God and I really want to show her, she can't do fraud and still wait for me to be begging her. Pls anybody with ideas on who to report the case to. Attach is the receipt she showed me and I took pictures of it. If you carefully look at it, the blue pen is what it came with originally and am to pay 2100 for delivery. The rest amount is different and was written with a red pen. Pls who can I report to, and am I suppose to pay custom duty for personal goods?

Why is your location?
I am an ardent NIPOST customer and I have a few contacts there. So let me know where you are located in case I have a nicest contact there.
I have used the post office extensively for over 2 decades and I have never had a bad experience.

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by farem: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:

Unfortunately you did not tell us the location- state and town.
Insist you want to see the Area Postal Manager. This is the Chieg Executive per state (we have two of them in Lagos- island: Marina and Mainland: Ayinke House, Ikeja)

If S/he is not available, ask them you want to see the Chief/Principal Investigation Officer.

There is always a way to seek redress in govt estsbliment but the problem has been HOW?
Good luck (pls revert)

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Tydies:
So you don't plans and you are ranting like a mad dog.
This guy must be a rétard

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by endeedike(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
u failed english in school right?
Tydies:

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by mbulela: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
templegate:

My Brother, kindly negotiate with them or you may end up losing it all. No one to complain to ooooo. I have had several nasty experiences like that.

And I really pity those who buy ebook on the so called "mini-importation business" because Nigerian Customs will frustrate you.

In 2010, I ordered for a laptop from HP (USA) directly and everything + shipping cost me about N45,000. I was called from Wuse Post Office to come and get my laptop. By the time I got there, they gave me N25,000 bill. Before they collected N20k it was war.

Nov/Dec 2014, I helped a friend, an old (sick) man buy some DRUGS (I mean his personal drugs because he's diabetic) from USA. It was sent through Fedex and I was called by Fedex Lagos that my goods are with the Customs. The total cost of the package was N39,000+(including shipping) and Nigerian Customs gave me a bill of over N22k. I can go on and on and on. It has been very unpleasant experiences.

Just negotiate with them and get your stuff or they will frustrate you.

No one to complain to because at the end of the day, they will tell you that the Federal Govt gave them a target to meet.

Sorry o bros. Na here we find ourselves.

You are mixing up customs and NIPOST issues
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by fashrola(m): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:

Galads ma man!! Make NIPOST no do anyhow cos that ur wedding must take place.... make boys come cross sword for you

Go thru NIPOST website and u might see their helpline for complaints... or preferably negotiate with the lady and get ur item out ASAP..

2 Likes

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Adaeze003(f): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Just be sure of every move before you make any move coz you just might end up spending much more at the end of the day..
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
steppin:
Report to MY NONENTITY Dulllard FATHER ... He'll probe them in due time.
FIXED
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by mohisi: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:
I don't understand what your saying
Wedding gown no dey nigeria,u guys import everything sorry 4 u guys

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by columbus007(m): 6:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Tydies:
who is this undecided
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
And you passed English right?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by steppin: 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
bulldoza:
FIXED
Mumu! Defending someone who doesn't know you exist. Thunder go fire your deadbeat father for his waste of sperm.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by templegate: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
mbulela:

You are mixing up customs and NIPOST issues

Thanks. I have corrected it in the post but.......

FOR EMPHASIS AND CLARITY, IT IS NOT NIPOST, IT IS THE NIGERIAN CUSTOMS SERVICE THAT DOES THE "PEN ROBBERY". IT DOESN'T MATTER THE COURIER YOU USE.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:

Send it to EFCC and NIPOST Headquaters. You can send them some email and also send a link of this post.

By the way, which Post office branch is it?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Laredojohn(m): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
Op it's sad this is happening, this is one of the reasons I stopped sending goods directly to Nigeria, if I make purchases on aliexpress, get to the Nipost website, send a mail to the compliant section, sure they will reply u, though you might still have to pay, but less, they gat a lot of issues, battled it with them b4, but had to just stop using them cos of constant arguments.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
steppin:

Mumu! Defending someone who doesn't know you exist.
Thunder go fire your deadbeat father for his waste of sperm.
Make thunder fire that your old foól nonentity drunkąrd father.
Bastąrd son of a whòre
Ewu biafran
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by hansad: 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:

Dead or living NIPOST?
NIPOST has been presided over for decades by persons from north. While other countries Postal System remain vibrant despite the internet, NIPOST was mismanaged and could not escape death in the internet age.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by sheky24: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Op, I've been in this situation before and mine was even in the UK. I asked a friend to help send some personal stuff from Nigeria and I was asked to pay custom duties for the items by the UK custom office simply because the items (a winter jacket and other stuff) were new. I think that's what is playing out here though my charges weren't as much as yours (about 7k plus). Their definition of personal item means "used" and not "new" . On another occasion, I helped a friend to get a wedding gown for his fiancee and sent it from the UK to Nigeria through FedEx to him and he wasn't charged for customs duty so do a proper enquiry before taking any action.

Cheers.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Moikiitos: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
You can check out this web site for fraud related issues in Nigeria to report. But, again is naija thing, I doubt how is been run:

http://www.sec.gov.ng/
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by tyconcepts(f): 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
brojero:
Nothing like personal goods. If the declared value is above the threshold for zero duty, you will pay duty. Customs also has the right to challenge any declared value if they suspect there is underdeclaration

Questions:
- What is the declared value on the Air way Bill?
- Did they ask you to pay cash? If you were asked to pay to Customs bank account, that is not fraud/scam/forgery

at worst you can dispute the duty levied and ask for a reduction

don't think you will get that the way you are going at it, though. Did you say you've already insulted the officer?

Most reasonable reasoning so far.

Chop knuckle.... Nigerians always thinks violence is everything.

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by templegate: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
nairalandist:

Send it to EFCC and NIPOST Headquaters. You can send them some email and also send a link of this post.

By the way, which Post office branch is it?

Nice one! But i can assure that it will be an effort in futility. EFCC will investigate CUSTOMS? I don't see it happen. Until we Nigerians begin to demand for openness in our operations, we will continue to be at the mercy of government officials like this.

Have you ever observed that all government Agencies and offices run like secret cults? Is there anything you want to get from any government office in Nigeria say like "affidavit, International Passport, Driver's License, Certificate of Origin, Tax Clearance Cert, Birth or Death Certificate, land papers.....I mean any documents at all, that you can truly get it by yourself directly without somebody knowing somebody who will talk to somebody on your behalf? All of our operations are covered with "SECRECY".

When we get to a point whereby everything is in the open, when you know how much you are paying as duty for a "wedding gown" from the Moon, then we have arrived. But until then, all government agencies will continue to prey on Nigerians. So sad sha!

3 Likes

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
brojero:
Nothing like personal goods. If the declared value is above the threshold for zero duty, you will pay duty. Customs also has the right to challenge any declared value if they suspect there is underdeclaration

Questions:
- What is the declared value on the Air way Bill?
- Did they ask you to pay cash? If you were asked to pay to Customs bank account, that is not fraud/scam/forgery

at worst you can dispute the duty levied and ask for a reduction

don't think you will get that the way you are going at it, though. Did you say you've already insulted the officer?
Ode leleyi sha
Did you say ask for reductions?

Are they pricing pepper?

This is clear forgery
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by steppin: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
bulldoza:
Make thunder fire that your old foól nonentity drunkąrd father. Bastąrd son of a whòre Ewu biafran
Yellowbar jobless goat!
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
steppin:
Yellowbar jobless goat!
Otu nnegi
Flateee oshi.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
templegate:

Nice one! But i can assure that it will be an effort in futility. EFCC will investigate CUSTOMS? I don't see it happen. Until we Nigerians begin to demand for openness in our operations, we will continue to be at the mercy of government officials like this.

Have you ever observed that all government Agencies and offices run like secret cults? Is there anything you want to get from any government office in Nigeria say like "affidavit, International Passport, Driver's License, Certificate of Origin, Tax Clearance Cert, Birth or Death Certificate, land papers.....I mean any documents at all, that you can truly get it by yourself directly without somebody knowing somebody who will talk to somebody on your behalf? All of our operations are covered with "SECRECY".

When we get to a point whereby everything is in the open, when you know how much you are paying as duty for a "wedding gown" from the Moon, then we have arrived. But until then, all government agencies will continue to prey on Nigerians. So sad sha!

More like: EFCC will investigate NIPOST Staff who charged that amount! Read the post again... it was from NIPOST, they just used Custom Charges to mask their fraud. Why then was it negotiable?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by templegate: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
nairalandist:

More like: EFCC will investigate NIPOST Staff who charged that amount! Read the post again... it was from NIPOST, they just used Custom Charges to mask their fraud. Why then was it negotiable?

Bros, it is the Customs not NIPOST. The guy didn't know the difference. Nigerian Customs have their desk in all Courier Offices Nationwide. You will never know except you bring in things. That is how Nigerian Customs work. They are stationed in all Courier offices particularly Post Offices. And their charges are shrouded in "mysteries" you can never understand it. That's the way it is. When you negotiate they issue you another paper and do the adjustment "anyhow" on the old paper, you pay and collect your items. That is it.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by spiralwedge(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
why import from Germany when u can even better ones here with no stress.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by akymme(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
If you must pay the money make sure you pay it into custom account, that's the best you can do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap 16 Persons In Ondo, Amotekun Rescues Two Victims / Yahoo Boy Format In Nigeria – How Do They Work? (read This) / Usifo Ataga: Court Orders Chidinma, Accomplice Trial At High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.