Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? (16927 Views)

Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? / NAIJABET.COM held up my winnings . How Can I Report Them? (RESOLVED) . / Please Where And How Can I Report This Child Abuse Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by o42austino(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
my seller sent samples of earphones from China via DHL valued at 32,000naira only but this people gave me duty of 19,900naira to pay,the fraud and over charging is too much.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by templegate: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
spiralwedge:
why import from Germany when u can even better ones here with no stress.

There is no crime in bringing in anything you want to use personally. It is only large import that is illegal but Nigerian Customs guys use the "ban" on imported fabrics to milk unsuspecting Nigerians. They will tell you that importation of fabric is illegal....and since there is no one to complain to, what do you do? pay and carry go! Shikena! IT IS AN EVIL UNDER THE SUN. We must fight it!
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Galads(m): 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
ugbedeidu:
I am a Nipost staff.a postal controller.wch location of Nipost did dis happen?am in Kaduna territory.
Lagos, ikotun branch
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Ephemmm: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
[s]
steppin:
Report to Daura Dulllard... He'll probe them in due time.
[/s]

Please stop reasoning through your anus.

2 Likes

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by templegate: 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
o42austino:
my seller sent samples of earphones from China via DHL valued at 32,000naira only but this people gave me duty of 19,900naira to pay,the fraud and over charging is too much.

This is a broad day robbery! Too bad! Any electronics shouldn't attract more than 5% but what do you get from NCS?
May God deliver us.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by mavinc4u(f): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
op, those figures were not forged by the lady you met. they were written at their Nahco office. the figure in blue is Nipost charges while the figure in Red is Custom charges. Nipost uses blue or black to write their figures while their so called custom uses Red to write their figures so the blue and red is normal.

before i can profer solution to you, you have to answer my questions, what exactly is the content in the package? what is the cost of the content and freight fee as declared by the sender and lastly was it insured and if yes, what is the percentage or the insurance fee? custom charges is base on C.I.F
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by steppin: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
bulldoza:
Otu nnegi
Flateee oshi.
Yoruba basttard! Slave!
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by steppin: 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ephemmm:
[s][/s]
Please stop reasoning through your anus.
You mean like Buhari, the dulllard?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by LockDown69(m): 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
The postmaster general grin
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by fineguy11(m): 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:
Hello everyone, I need help on this issue. My fiancee sent her wedding gown from Germany( dutche post) to Nigeria(NIPOST). This morning I called the customer care and I was given a location to go pick it up. 1hour after that a woman called me to come pick it up but that I have a custom charge of about 29,000 naira to pay. I shouted and insulted her that even the amount they use to send it from abroad is not up to that. Immediately I went there and they insisted I most pay. I requested for a document to show the charges. She brought out a paper and what I observed, the paper was tampered with in their office. The good was sent as personal goods which doesn't attract custom charge so she was told in germany. The woman is feeling like God and I really want to show her, she can't do fraud and still wait for me to be begging her. Pls anybody with ideas on who to report the case to. Attach is the receipt she showed me and I took pictures of it. If you carefully look at it, the blue pen is what it came with originally and am to pay 2100 for delivery. The rest amount is different and was written with a red pen. Pls who can I report to, and am I suppose to pay custom duty for personal goods?
there is nothing fraudulent abt your charges..a friend of mine sent his CV abroad last week and was charged 5000 ..charges are calculated based on the weight of the goods u re either sending or receiving..nipost is one of many govt agencies saddled with responsibility of generating revenues for the govt..u can only blame the govt for the high tariff/charges..u just av to pay the charge or forget abt your parcel..
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by maxti: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:
Hello everyone, I need help on this issue. My fiancee sent her wedding gown from Germany( dutche post) to Nigeria(NIPOST). This morning I called the customer care and I was given a location to go pick it up. 1hour after that a woman called me to come pick it up but that I have a custom charge of about 29,000 naira to pay. I shouted and insulted her that even the amount they use to send it from abroad is not up to that. Immediately I went there and they insisted I most pay. I requested for a document to show the charges. She brought out a paper and what I observed, the paper was tampered with in their office. The good was sent as personal goods which doesn't attract custom charge so she was told in germany. The woman is feeling like God and I really want to show her, she can't do fraud and still wait for me to be begging her. Pls anybody with ideas on who to report the case to. Attach is the receipt she showed me and I took pictures of it. If you carefully look at it, the blue pen is what it came with originally and am to pay 2100 for delivery. The rest amount is different and was written with a red pen. Pls who can I report to, and am I suppose to pay custom duty for personal goods?

Wondering why the amount wasn't written in words. Contact servicom
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nothing u can do abt it. I send Goods through french post. Thats laposte. Nipost always asked them to pay and my people pays before thé collect my goods. So thats their way. Thé Best thing u should do its to beg them to reduce thé amount thé wants u to pay. Dalu
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
steppin:

Yoruba basttard!
Slave!
You, your old foól drunkąrd father, your whòre mother and your entire family will forever remain slave.

Jobless morôn

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by zoomzu(f): 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
Based on my experience with how postages works, the sender shouldn't have put a value of 100,000 on it. The duty charged was based on that value. If item got lost in transit, the OP would not hesitate to request NIPOST to pay the value of the item. Next time, you undervalue it. OP, just pay the amount charged and collect your item.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by lastpage: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:
thank you very much for the suggestion. I called NIPOST Adminstrative office this morning and I think they are all covering for each other. I plan to go to the custom office where they claim the charges where given. When I find out it is not from custom and the receipt was forged, I will go to the nipost office with police men to pick up all the lady. I sent my clearing agent to negiotate on my behalf and they actually reduce it to 20k that is to show something is fishing.

Keep the original. Make a coloured photocopy
They would ask to examine it, and maybe tear it up to erase evidence.

Write a petition letter addressed to the Comptroller of Nipost, Copy comptroller of Customs. State your complaint and submit at their Head-office
Let each office "sign, date and stamp" your copy, as received. You will be surprised what bureaucracy can do when it decides to make a scapegoat!
Forgery is a criminal offence in law and that is what l think this is

Dont be in a hurry to collect your postage as they will use that against you (like Police does, when they know you are in a hurry)
If you can, make 'secret' audio/video recordings of each stage.

keep us posted as things develop.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Report to her superior and then go to the head office with a letter addressed to whoever is in charge and explain your case... I received 3 sneakers worth $320 and I only paid N500 to receive.

Galads:

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by steppin: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
bulldoza:

You, your old foól drunkąrd father, your whòre mother and your entire family will forever remain slave.

Jobless morôn
Omo ale jati jati dey quote me now.
Yellowbar coward.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by aridvalok(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bro so much as you request advice from us. Don't you think you are implicating yourself by such. Imagine reporting such a case with your full address blown open in the receipt.
I pity you. OYO nie if this guys visit you..
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
steppin:
Omo ale jati jati dey quote me now. Yellowbar coward.
Hopeless jobless dumbfùck flateeee
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
LordTrezy:
OP those guys at EMS are scam, NIPOST is the most useless parastal in Nigeria. They are bunch of frauds. I've had two encounters with them where my package from SA was tampered with. They stole almost half of the content in each package. Send me a pm, I'll tell you how to go about this.
Bros you should have explain it here for the benefit of all of us

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by steppin: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
bulldoza:
Hopeless jobless dumbfùck flateeee
Agbaya, Ode Oshi!
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Felis4u(m): 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:
I had similar experience last week....mine was 5 fones + used baby clothes from my coz in germny...same charges 21k custom duty bla bla all written in red.....I smiled and Told d lady wher I wan see ammke them return the parcel back biko...she den told me to speak with her boss...cool n calm headed woman she gve me a brief explanatn that customs values ur content in d parcel n place a duty on it......I said good but 21k is much den I offerd 7k she said..no and I simply asked wats d nxt procedure if I dnt pay d 21k....she gve me a sample letter to rite to d custom genral tru her 4 a reduction in duty.....so I did n left ther.....den I explaind to my coz he was mad and all daat.... Den I collected d ladies number called her on fone to render any assistant she said ok she will collect 16k n if worst come to worst she will explain her self.......bro I ended up paying 12k u c 21k to 12k nd nw I gt my waybill......just neg n pick up ur item.....soon thingz will tke shape itself by Gods grce....coplains will nt solve anytin...just neg ok!!!!
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Rexnegro(m): 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
Galads:
Guy gather all ur details and mail headquarters in Abuja , just go to nipost website and get their contact address eg email , fax etc they will then refer you to the quality control manager in the state that you reside...if it is lagos the man name is mr Gabriel , his office is at nipost building in local airport ikeja beside nahco. Nipost is full of thieves (esp their staffs at the counters) who just forge charges not officially placed on nigerians eg custom charges , packing charges etc . Imagine what they did to us...we sent 7parcels to UK , six got to my sis doorstep remaining one. Ok nipost wetin happen to remaining one na ? They kip posting us up and down for up to 4/5 months...do you believe that The moment they saw a court paper from our family lawyer The goods came out within a week and delivered to my sis in UK. Bro don't pay a dime especially when who sent it said all bills has been sorted out over there. Funny enough just google nipost quality control manager lagos state you will see his name and his number.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by zomoears(m): 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
mavinc4u:
op, those figures were not forged by the lady you met. they were written at their Nahco office. the figure in blue is Nipost charges while the figure in Red is Custom charges. Nipost uses blue or black to write their figures while their so called custom uses Red to write their figures so the blue and red is normal.

before i can profer solution to you, you have to answer my questions, what exactly is the content in the package? what is the cost of the content and freight fee as declared by the sender and lastly was it insured and if yes, what is the percentage or the insurance fee? custom charges is base on C.I.F

Nice answer.

From d receipt, CIF (cost+Insurance+Freight) amounts to N100k. I think his dispute should be with d rate of duty applied(20%), and why should it be apllied at all.

His argument that tha package is "personal" and should not have attracted duty, that one got me thinking too. Those a re the areas he should explore.

But the charge was actually written by NAHCO so nipost don't have a say!
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by udysweet(f): 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
Na today?trust nipost at ur own peril,dey are rogues! My sister sent smtn frm abroda for us years bak,8.5kg became 5.8kg,and d diff in d wieght wch dey stole were gadgets:fones and camera. I tried to follow it up as much as I cld then,for were. D stupid woman der kept spewing trash! Infact for years we ddnt throw a way d pack as evidence. Nipost surulere was were we usualy go to pick up stuff then. Can't evn mention d one dat anoda of my sis sent a leta abroad to an evangelist,dis silly pple intercepted it and replied my sis wit a naija paper,envelope,evn stamp! I was mad at my sis for evn beliving d content of d leta wen she opend(d whole saga is an episode for anoda day mbok)
I pray God help u out of dis cos nipost are thieves!
Galads:
they are all involve in this scam. I don't want just a barrister to solve my issue but I want to stop the corruption in that NIPOST.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by LordTrezy(m): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Eco2580:

Bros you should have explain it here for the benefit of all of us
I have the contact of the NIPOST GM who personally took up my case. He's the only person the op can rely on because others will do everything possible to shield the so call woman, they are all birds of a feather.

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by NEROSKY(m): 1:07am On Aug 28, 2015
jimfend:
The other day too. I bought a phone pouch from aliexpress, it was supposed to be free shipping but the charged me 500 naira.

Check out Most beautiful wedding in Port Hacourt http://www.viewslog.com/discussion/101/most-beautiful-wedding-in-port-hacourt
Yes they charge for unregistered post mail... always buy from people shipping via China/Hong Kong registered post airmail not shipping via seller shipping method
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by jimfend: 1:24am On Aug 28, 2015
NEROSKY:

Yes they charge for unregistered post mail... always buy from people shipping via China/Hong Kong registered post airmail not shipping via seller shipping method

Ok! I'll try that next time. Thanks.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Zi: 3:09am On Aug 28, 2015
LordTrezy:
OP those guys at EMS are scam, NIPOST is the most useless parastal in Nigeria. They are bunch of frauds. I've had two encounters with them where my package from SA was tampered with. They stole almost half of the content in each package. Send me a pm, I'll tell you how to go about this.

Pls give the advice here. Other readers are learning. Thanks
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Zi: 3:16am On Aug 28, 2015
I just received something from Nigeria last week through EMS. It was delivered at my doorstep at zero charge. pls what's this "custom" charge about/for?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by SmartMugu: 3:49am On Aug 28, 2015
Galads:
they are all involve in this scam. I don't want just a barrister to solve my issue but I want to stop the corruption in that NIPOST.
Funny. It has been like that for ages. It's a wedding gown, they already know that matters to you. If it was just a t-shirt, I bet it would be over looked.
Why is everything in the doc handwritten anyway? Shouldn't all custom charges be computer generated and all funds tracked in an ERP system? This is a federal establishment yet with crude ways.
Goodluck with fighting corruption in NIPOST.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by shevon: 5:24am On Aug 28, 2015
Galads:
Have you tried reporting the issue to SERVICOM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Usifo Ataga: Court Orders Chidinma, Accomplice Trial At High Court / N30m Fraud: Herbalist Sacks Counsel, As Court Sends Him Back To Prison Till Sep / Fubara Manilla Pepple: Women Protest Against Rapist In Bonny Island, Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.