Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. (2268 Views)

Sokoto Corpers Protest Over 2 Months Allowance Arrears - Pictures / Meet The Small Sized Corper At Ebonyi State NYSC Orientation Camp / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. by ediko5(m): 1:48am On Aug 27, 2015
The National Youth Service Corp(NYSC) members serving in state government secondary schools in Ebonyi State have not been paid their monthly allowance for 8 months now.

The 2014 batch C & 2015 batch A corps members since their arrival in the state have not received a dime from the state government.

Series of complaints have been made to the Secondary Education Board (SEB) which is the body that oversees the affairs of the state secondary education yet no positive response have been gotten from the corps members.

According to a source from the government house, the incumbent governor, Chief David Umahi is said to be arranging things in place before he commence the payments. It’s possible that the current 2014 batch C Corpers can pass out without receiving any money from the state government.

This is very bad for Corpers especially those serving as secondary school teachers, because the teaching sector is more tasking than any other sector a corper is sent to.

Since corps members are not permitted to protest or strike, we urge the government of Ebonyi state to look into the plea of the corpers that have not been paid that state monthly allowance and pay them their allowance to really motivate them to carry out good service for their fatherland.

Source: http://www.brainnewsng.com/ebonyi-state-government-owes-corp-members-8-months-allowance/
Re: Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. by Bacteriocin(m): 2:25am On Aug 27, 2015
Bro, are you a serving corps member in the state or you just copied that link and pasted it here?
What you just said is not true!
I just left ebonyi state last month and I'm telling you that ebonyi state in not owing corps members 8 months state allowance.
To be precise, all the corps members serving in public secondary schools in my own local government (Ezza south) have been paid June allowance (batch b and c). The only batch that can complain of non payment should be batch a and that is because the money is paid every 3 months.
Re: Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. by ediko5(m): 2:42am On Aug 27, 2015
COnfirm your information before you counter me.
I am in Abakaliki and no batch C in Abakaliki nor my school have been paid
Re: Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. by Bacteriocin(m): 3:46am On Aug 27, 2015
Then say abakaliki local govt and the exact local governments affected but not the entire ebonyi state.
It might be that deyv not cleared or your local govt is having issues with SEB
Re: Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
ediko5:
COnfirm your information before you counter me.
I am in Abakaliki and no batch C in Abakaliki nor my school have been paid

Good!
Re: Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bacteriocin:
Then say abakaliki local govt and the exact local governments affected but not the entire ebonyi state.
It might be that deyv not cleared or your local govt is having issues with SEB

Are you a serving CORPER in Ebonyi state?
Re: Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. by Bacteriocin(m): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

Are you a serving CORPER in Ebonyi state?
Batch B (Ezza South) that just left and the OP said they've not paid 8months for ebonyi corps members which is not true because even my then-roomate just received his juy state allowance on monday.
So if they've not paid abakaliki corpers, he should say abakaliki and not the entire corpers in ebonyi.
Re: Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. by DessyBEADS: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=Bacteriocin post=37374338]Bro, are you a serving corps member in the state or you just copied that link and pasted it here?
What you just said is not true!
I just left ebonyi state last month and I'm telling you that ebonyi state in not owing corps members 8 months state allowance.
To be precise, all the corps members serving in public secondary schools in my own local government (Ezza south) have been paid June allowance (batch b and c). The only batch that can complain of non payment should be batch a and that is because the money is paid every 3 months.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Dressing Of Batch A 2016 Coper / You Can't Change DOB On NYSC Portal Again / November Allawee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.