Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,125 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her (26350 Views)

Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me / My Boss Is Asking Me Out On A Date / My Boss Is Pushing Me To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2015
I don't know where to place the Op. Over sabi na deadly disease, that's all I can say
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2015
I feel you jare...it's just like in the ministry here don't do omanbe/bebelube/eye service, just let your boss know hat you have her back, don't cut corners to sideline her by wanting her own bosses to notice you, even if you must do it subtly and be very careful cos a WOMAN scorned...trust me if she gets to know you have her back she would relax a little bit and overtrust me when I say that if God knows you are been sincere and modest in your dealings then no Jupiter can stop your shine.... grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by VISTIN(m): 8:43am On Sep 04, 2015
The question is, what do you mean by "your boss"?
Is she the owner of the company or just a senior staff?
If she's the owner, just pray about it and quietly be looking for a new job before she'll kill you star.
If she's just a senior staff, try send her a mail (do not copy anybody). She'll will reply you and that will be a file.
After that, keep moving on with your innovations. If she tries anything funny, you'll nail her with the mail.

But at the same time, find out her relationship with the MD.

Meanwhile, be sure you're not doing it like "Madam, I sabi pass you". Don't stop praying. Good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by obatablet: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2015
the question is, do u have it in mind to be the boss?
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by ucheo3: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2015
Had similar issues in a political scenerio for that matter which seems to be deadlier. In a situation like this, wisdom is key. Most importantly, go back to God. I was almost frustrated for being good and loved. Yes, I later resigned cos it's a deadlier scenerio but now I'm sought for. Don't worry, continue giving your best cos a time will come when the same 'Boss' will recommend you for better offers elsewhere like I was.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by anonymousmum: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2015
I have been in a similar scenario, its not a good place to be in at all.

Diplomacy 101:

Rule 1: Always make it seem as if the idea came from her

Rule 2: Use style to suck up if you have to - this is the marketplace and you have to do what it takes (within bounds) to save your neck

Rule 3: Start looking for a new job - with all these skills that you say you posses, it should not be difficult for you

Rule 4: Calm down. You have your career ahead of you, and do not (albeit innocently) jeopardize your future progress. No one likes a know it all.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by blackpanda: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2015
Dont be naive, nobody likes an oversabi.

You have obviously been doing this without giving your boss some credit. Bosses are very fragile, nobody wants to look like a fool while your subordinate takes all the glory.

My advice is that u play dumb for a couple of weeks that pass your ideas in such a way that you boss gets the credit. Dont be bragging to people that it was your idea. Your first job is to make your boss look good and gain his/her trust.

Best of luck!

5 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by tunwumi: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2015
From your write up I can see u are not a team player. You always take the credit for every achievement. Let ur word use change from I to we, change ur my to our. Give her the ideas and tell people ur are helping to implement the idea.

You can only succeed in life when u help others most especially those that are at the top without putting urself on the front line always.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2015
You sef. You too do. You have proved your point already. Calm down and let your boss thinks they are still in charge.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Gboyeboy(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2015
FBLJ:
Sell the ideas to her before implementing them. it will make her feel important, while you wait for your chance.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Booty4me: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2015
I too sabi

I know that feeling

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nigga44: 8:47am On Sep 04, 2015
The guy that quoted the 48 laws of power summed it up nicely
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by bukatyne(f): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2015
@OP:

Ask your boss her vision for the department or recommendations she had made in the past and tailor your ideas to accomplish them.

I see your case as David and Saul.

I am sure it is some colleagues who are 'opening' her eyes and planting the envy in her.

Manage it well, you will grow there.

Don't, prepare to leave soon

Goodluck
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by jaybee3(m): 8:51am On Sep 04, 2015
You obviously feel your boss doesn't deserve the position any longer with the amount of improvements you've implemented since you came on board.

The fact of the matter is, anyone will feel threatened if a subordinate is trying to singularly claim all the glory whilst comfortably forgetting the achievements are as a direct result of the manager providing an enabling environment for the improvements to occur.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in claiming glory as a team even though you will still get recognised when negotiating bonus and/or salary increase
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by herrdeustch: 8:51am On Sep 04, 2015
1.Start thinking about being a consultant on your own.For you to make an improvement of 15% at no cost to your company,then I belive you have what it takes.
2.Start thinking of starting up your own company.Im not sure what you do , or what your company does, but start thinking of how you can start your own from a convenient point of the business.
3.RELAX.Yes, relax for sometime and study what your present organization is doing wrong.Remove your mind from trying to introduce new solutions and just observe,observe,observe.
4.Win the confidence of your boss.Be loyal to your boss.Remember you work for your boss and your bosses programme and not yours.
5.Pray for God's direction
6.Continue to develop yourself while planning your exit
7.Sell yourself.You have proven that you can add value to your organization.Its time to start hunting for another place that is in dire need of talent like yours.
8.I'm proud of you.Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by viceldo(m): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2015
I'M IN.....

well from the look of things you've done your best for the company you working for....nd right now the boss seems nt to be appreciating your efforts....the best advice I can give you is to lay low meaning do what you're been ask to do and avoid putting your self in things that don't concern you....save your ideas for your future company you're to create......but don't they think you can them with your ideas ?......which is why self employment is the best......

I'M OUT...... .
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by margclever: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2015
Holyfield1:
hmmm...*sighs deeply* This is serious
I'll advice u talk it out with her nd be mindful of the kinda idea u bring up....
She sees u as being wiser than her,No dey do I too know okay
also in addition let her take the glory for new ideas and assure her of ur support and cooperation. If it fails leave that job. My brother face such challenge, some are really, and i believe u sabi them
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Ahmadgani(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2015
Use your body language to make her understand that you are just doing your job and not trying to displace her from her position.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by timilehing(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2015
You can't do more than what your boss requires of you
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by dammywapes(m): 8:59am On Sep 04, 2015
Still an undergraduate tho but i will advise you to take things cool. I think your first mission when you land the job is to study your colleagues and boss psychologically i.e their behaviour and all. And two , she is the boss , she has been in board before you. Take things cool as she has said. In yoruba's voice , "eni to ba ju nilo , o le ju ni nu. And don't drop since you don't have another in the bag.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2015
I will suggest you pass the new ideas to her to be used as her own initiatives.

This way she will be going higher why knowing well the source of her strength. As she moves up, she will keep on taking you up knowing you are her backbone.

When is time to replace her things will naturally fall in places you to do so.

Good luck
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2015
Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

I am facing a very difficult time at my workplace. I landed a job fourteen months ago and the first eight months were the honeymoon period. My boss loved everything I did. I walked around feeling on top of the world. I was very innovative.

First I replaced our outdated newsletter publishing platform with a new one that is faster, cheaper and much easier to use. I cleaned out our newsletter subscriber database and used social media tools to double our newsletter subscription list.

Then I started including fun little quizzes and community discussion topics on our site and our newsletter. Our sales increased by fifteen percent. I created a “Get Started” kit for new customers. I’ve never had as much fun on a job as I had in my first eight or nine months here. Then things started to get ugly.

My boss said “You’ve made your point. Give the new ideas a break.” I was completely shocked. I thought my boss who happens to be of an opposite sex, the Head of Marketing, would want to keep moving forward fast. I thought that my new ideas would make my boss happy and they did at first, but then she said “e don do.”

I have a dozen more ideas ready to implement. The salespeople have asked me for an online customer training that they can use when they visit new customers.

Now I don’t know how to prove my value or even how to get through the day. I can’t even answer sales and customer requests intelligently because I can’t say “That’s a great suggestion, and we are working on implementing it.” I can’t say that because it isn’t true!

I haven’t spent a dime on my marketing initiatives. The only expense to the company is my salary which is not that big. I replaced a person who was paid a lot more than I get paid, because I heard it from the salespeople who were very dissatisfied with my predecessor, kemi.

Please I need your advice, what should I do? I’m completely frustrated. Can I get my boss, to let me keep doing my job or do I have to leave my job after less than a year and a half knowing how unfriendly the labor market is?

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

http://jobtrends.com.ng/please-help-my-boss-is-scared-i-will-replace-her/
WHAT KILLS PEOPLE FASTER IS PRIDE AND LACK OF HUMILITY.

BASE ON YOUR WRITEUP, I CAN SEE YOU HAVE ONE (PRIDE) AND LACK THE OTHER ONE (HUMBLE)

WELL! GET READY TO REDUST YOUR CV
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by geraob1: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2015
The problem y mediocrity is abundantly present in the system. A dude is doing everything innovatively possible to improve the way things are done.

OP sorry but we are black ppl and we dnt like innovativeness. Just try and pacify ur boss and make her feel secure.

Then seriously do ur own thing and add more value to other firms..

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by blazers007: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one
# never outshine the master.

48 LAWS OF POWER

So true; ask Raji Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by j4sure(m): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2015
Lemme read finish first grin
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 04, 2015
Accord her the glory for some of your initiatives, make it seem like a team victory, like you couldn't have done it without her and she couldn't have succeeded without you.

Make it a win-win!
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by herrdeustch: 9:08am On Sep 04, 2015
sonofananimal:
WHAT KILLS PEOPLE FASTER IS PRIDE AND LACK OF HUMILITY.

BASE ON YOUR WRITEUP, I CAN SEE YOU HAVE ONE (PRIDE) AND LACK THE THE OTHER ONE (HUMBLE)

WELL! GET READY TO REDUST YOUR CV

Please give our guy here a soft landing.Dont misinterpret people because people are different and God gave us all different capabilities.Some people are game changers and innovators who constantly make powerful contributions to their organization,society etc.Unfortunately many nigerians see them as oversabi or a threat which is unfortunate and one of the reasons why nigeria is not moving forward.If the boss was a wise person, instead of feeling intimidated,she will groom the young man,menthor him,repackage him,utilize him, and make him her loyalist as well as develop him .By doing so, value has been added to everyone involved especially herself and the company.So far I see passion in the young man and not pride,but this experience will give him much needed experience in working with people which is like a school of its own.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Dbboy(m): 9:09am On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one

48 LAWS OF POWER

Yes never outshine the master but you can accomplish all this by making her take credit for your work rather than you, the brother just have to compromise that's the only way he gets ahead, if he truly love the job let her take the credit for the period and then work up the ladder.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by kennytidistar(m): 9:10am On Sep 04, 2015
if you are good, you should learn how the system operate and understand the machine setup your own initiatives before your ideas die completely. my 2cent.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by klassic(m): 9:12am On Sep 04, 2015
You dont have a problem @OP. TRUE, She now sees you as a competition and if care is not taking, you ill become a competition that must be eliminated at all cost.
But here is the solution to all your problem, discuss all your ideals with her, out her in the spot light, and let her take all the credit (glory) for a job well done. Explain every bit of what you do (innovations) and how you intend to do it or did it to her just to the extent that she will be able to defend the job done. Remember, if you give out all your secret, you become a worthless piece of thrash.
If you simply remind the shadow behind the brain and let her take all the credit, you will enjoy your job if the following ways:

1). You will gain her trust and loyalty by helping her keep her job while you keep yours (quid pro quo) and everybody is happy.

2). She recommends you for a higher and better pay while you are happy doing what you do and you still win.

3). You will have job security cos she gets a new face in the company, i.e she becomes the beautiful face of your department while you are the make up tools. Without you , no her. So she will do everything to protect your interest because you become indispensible. So your job is guaranteed.

4). If she has other part time job that you can do on weekend or late night (during your spare time) to make extra cash, she will recommend you and you guys make extra cash so you will save more.

But in all, you must learn to get her to trust you and believe you will never become too proud to let out her secret cos if you do, you become a target again. So you pipe low let her take credit while you take the blame if there is any. It is called loyalty. If SHE GET ANOTHER JOB, YOU BECOME THE BOSS OR SHE CAN SIMPLY RECOMMEND YOU TO A BETTER PLACE WHERE YOU GO STILL CHOP TOMORO. Trust me it works and i am currently a benefactor of the above mentioned cos most time, i earn my entire one month salary in week simply doing the above and defending my boss and taking the blame cos i know she wont allow management sack me cos she is got my back.
Thnks and good luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by dougivilla(m): 9:12am On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one

48 LAWS OF POWER
Thats right. @OP, my advice to you is this: as much as possible, always pass your new ideas through her. Let her look like the one doing the job; she will feel less threatened and not set you up for termination. Its only a matter of time; the required recognition will come your way. Bypassing your boss to bring changes into an already established system is not only rude, but a prelude to sack!!

Be wise!
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by megainvest: 9:13am On Sep 04, 2015
I have faced something similar but in a different way. Is your boss just a staff like you or is she the head or related to the head of the company?

While you answer that, these are some tips:

1. Let your boss begin to think that these wonderful ideas belong to her by giving her the ownership and authority over your ideas for now. This means you will not be taking credit for these things for now.
2. Become more friendly with her and position yourself as a loyal person. This will help you drown her fears and keep you in her good books. Be careful not to be too casual though. Keep it professional and don't hurt others to please her. This works well with female bosses.
3. Make yourself so valuable to her that she cannot do without you. Make her depend on you. Soon she will begin to let you in on the real deep issues in your workplace.
4. Build your CV and cover letter with the achievements in the story line you just told us. Improve your skills and get more professional certifications.
5. Start searching for a job in a better company with better pay.
6. Find a bargaining chip! What is that one thing that you can hold on to that will guarantee you remain relevant in the job? Build this into the systems you are developing. Ensure they keep coming back to you and don't put everything out in the open.

FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

7. Be prayerful and seek God's guidance in all you do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ican Vs Anan / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / Female Molestation In One Of The Big Companies In Lagos. Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.