Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears (11569 Views)

Osun Follows CBN Guideline In Disbursing Bailout – Banks, Labour / Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper / Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears In Ondo State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Adesiji77: 7:48am On Aug 27, 2015
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has approved the request by Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) to provide financial accommodation to state governments to enable them to pay the backlog of salaries of their workers.

This is contained in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja by the Director, Corporate Communications, CBN, Mu’azu Ibrahim.

According to the statement, the approval was based on the CBN’s decision to collaborate with relevant stakeholders to consider ways of liquidating the outstanding staff salaries owed by state and local governments.

“The conditions for accessing the loan facility include State Executive Council authorisation, state House of Assembly consenting to the loan package, as well as issuance of Irrevocable Standing Payment Order (ISPO) to ensure timely repayment.

“Out of the 27 states involved, funds have been disbursed to two states namely Zamfara and Kwara states that met the requirements as agreed with their respective banks.

“Efforts will be made in the coming days to conclude disbursements to other states so that all outstanding salaries to civil servants can be cleared,” it stated.

(NAN)
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/08/states-bailout-banks-to-release-funds-for-salary-arrears/ lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by peterovanski(m): 7:49am On Aug 27, 2015
Thank God atleast some people can eat properly. #owo lofin do something.

Oh I forgot

FTC ............ Lady f introducvert? Where yall at

2 Likes

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by oloyedayo(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2015
Good for them, money for our governors to siphon again.
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Bonapart(m): 8:33am On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by veekid(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2015
ok
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by wunmi590(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks nairaland for sending me birthday wishes.

Today is my birthday, please I just need 20likes to fill my day grin

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by b0y(m): 8:35am On Aug 27, 2015
welcome development. The turn-up with my guys on Friday will be masssssive!!! grin grin grin grin cool

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by a19xxl: 8:35am On Aug 27, 2015
Na wah oh
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Mutuwa(m): 8:35am On Aug 27, 2015
until we see alert..

*climbs palm wine tree*

1 Like

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 27, 2015
I didn't not read the above post...

1 Like

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Mega005(m): 8:36am On Aug 27, 2015
Imagin a day without wailing wailers...

My joy is that we don't Have a clueless president but a vibrant and proactive president..

Never in this country will a dull cowboy rule us again..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by lordtech(m): 8:37am On Aug 27, 2015
Wow shocked shocked, thats a very goodnews cheesy cheesy. Currently dancing Shakiti bobo wink wink
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Mega005(m): 8:37am On Aug 27, 2015
Sai baba

1 Like

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by otabuko(m): 8:37am On Aug 27, 2015
Okay now, that's a good development but the issue is that our polithiefians may still divert the money, but then again, I trust that under this present Government the may not.... Now over to Rivers if they're among the state, they should pay excorpers that sacrificed a lot to serve their communities...and for Amaechi...all I wish him is kirikiri!

1 Like

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Gbajabiamila1: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Aregbe...

1 Like

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Mega005(m): 8:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Another achievement

1 Like

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by canalily(m): 8:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Buhari to sack Lamorade todaygrin
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by FORUMgod: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmm
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by tolustx(m): 8:39am On Aug 27, 2015
Stories dat touch will begin to erupt now but...

...I don't get it. I taught they said this is a fund to be released for d states to pay d salary arrears. Is it a loan or a free disbursement? Aint d state governors supposed to come out and publicly defend the cause of their inabilities to pay before? What is d evidence that this particular rescue fund/loan will still be used appropriately and who's gonna pay the money back?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 27, 2015
At last! People should not suffer for the failure of government to plan.

But again, measures should be put in place to ensure this doesn't repeat itself.
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by jesussaves22: 8:40am On Aug 27, 2015
The governors will finish the money again oh. Why don't they pay the money directly to the employees account??

2 Likes

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by gokay11(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2015
Scam everywhere,tot they have done diz long time ago.
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by AONO: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2015
nvnnyz:
I didn't not read the above post...
Olagbara ooooooo

1 Like

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by juliusjulius: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2542882/registration-close-please

I apologize for bothering you with my problems.
I'm an extra year student of oau Ile-Ife, and I'm encountering problem in paying for the extra session.

Registration Will Soon Close, Please Help Me.

Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by Vstuffs(m): 8:42am On Aug 27, 2015
Cool
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by PassingShot(m): 8:42am On Aug 27, 2015
PMB is working. Wailers are wailing.
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by thefakestan: 8:43am On Aug 27, 2015
Well let's see how the economy will react.

We need a financial team ASAP, plus I'm still wondering how the President is operating without a Chief of Staff, plus of. SGF for almost 100 days, and people believe we aren't on auto pilot mode.

ThefakeStan
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by iwriterng(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2015
For how long will states keep borrowing to pay workers?
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by kenny091(m): 8:48am On Aug 27, 2015
Na so o. Like Koker talk Owo na fin do something. More money, less wahala
Re: States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears by ksbusari(m): 8:49am On Aug 27, 2015
Pls wot is Osun State government doin?

(1) (2) (Reply)

It’s Wrong To Say Election Was Militarised, Says Gen Buratai, COAS / 42 Boko-Haram Suspects Arrested In Lagos, Ogun / Other Countries That Gained Independence In 1960 And How They Got Their Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.