Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82172 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
donbenie:
A THOUSAND readings about the phone can NEVER equate to a DAY of handling it,like I said you're the last person QUALIFIED to pronounce any VERDICT on this PHONE..
In my case, just a few reading does qualify me.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
donhils:
I heard the this phone does not make calls for long and calls have whistle-like wailing in the background. It's not a network issue or noise, it's just the phone.

Not true, phone calls can be made for as long as one wants to.

Call quality is very good. It's clear, loud & audible and has enough bass. There is no static sound in the background either.

I have made a direct comparison of the phone call quality & audibility with Tecno Phantom A+, Tecno Y5 and Elephone G5, all of which have decent call quality and the XRN2 is better.

I have suffered through phones with low, metallic, wispy call quality like Leagoo Lead 1 & Doogee DG350 so I know what I'm saying.

Your description fits the call quality of Infinix Hot Note/Hot Note Pro which is loud but metallic and lacks bass.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
donhils:

In my case, just a few reading does qualify me.
GsmArena has a complete review about the phone,maybe you should check it out and compare its to its nearest rivals like the Meizu Note 2 and Lenovo K3 Note..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
donbenie:
GsmArena has a complete review about the phone,maybe you should check it out and compare its to its nearest rivals like the Meizu Note 2 and Lenovo K3 Note..
Well, if you mention Gsmarena review about the phone, then you should know they had nothing good to say about the battery. 47hrs endurance on dual SIM and 49hrs on single SIM. Plus 7.30hrs of web browsing (via WiFi which takes less battery) and little above 6hrs for video playback which means the battery is a disaster. They also went on to highlight that it's surprising that the bad was so bad meaning that xiaomi has some more optimization to do. Androidauthority simply called it a disappointing battery life.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
donhils:

Well, if you mention Gsmarena review about the phone, then you should know they had nothing good to say about the battery. 47hrs endurance on dual SIM and 49hrs on single SIM. Plus 7.30hrs of web browsing (via WiFi which takes less battery) and little above 6hrs for video playback which means the battery is a disaster. They also went on to highlight that it's surprising that the bad was so bad meaning that xiaomi has some more optimization to do. Androidauthority simply called it a disappointing battery life.

From
GSMArena:
It's really simple with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. Probably one of the most affordable phablets to get - and by no means cheap in terms of design and hardware.

What actually do you want from a phone below 200 USD?

There's also Xiaomi Mi note since you don't like Redmi Note 2.

My advise to you is to go buy Tecno phantom 5.

No harm meant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
semid4lyfe:

Not true, phone calls can be made for as long as one wants to.

Call quality is very good. It's clear, loud & audible and has enough bass. There is no static sound in the background either.

I have made a direct comparison of the phone call quality & audibility with Tecno Phantom A+, Tecno Y5 and Elephone G5, all of which have decent call quality and the XRN2 is better.

I have suffered through phones with low, metallic, wispy call quality like Leagoo Lead 1 & Doogee DG350 so I know what I'm saying.

Your description fits the call quality of Infinix Hot Note Pro whose call quality is loud but is metallic and lacks bass.

exactly my thought
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
donhils:

Its a $140 phone,if you want a Flagship grade phone,you should be ready to fork out at least $600,the same GsmArena,if you are not nitpicking has mostly positives to say about the phone based on its price point,and from a personal experience it's not the worst battery life I've seen either..I'll also refer you to Phonearena;BEST phones to buy in 2015,BUDGET segment..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
donhils:

Battery Optimization is a software issue which can be fixed and is being fixed by Xiaomi with their periodic updates,apart from that ALL the REVIEWS I've read have nothing but MOSTLY glowing points to say about the phone's User Experience..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
Youngzedd:

What actually do you want from a phone below 200 USD?

There's also Xiaomi Mi note since you don't like Redmi Note 2.

My advise to you is to go buy Tecno phantom 5.

No harm meant.
Unfortunately you can't harm me even if it was meant.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
donbenie:
Battery Optimization is a software issue which can be fixed and is being fixed by Xiaomi with their periodic updates,apart from that ALL the REVIEWS I've read have nothing but MOSTLY glowing points to say about the phone's User Experience..
Now there is "apart from that" in your defence? But earlier on all of you claimed the phone is 100% perfect.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2015
donbenie:
Its a $140 phone,if you want a Flagship grade phone,you should be ready to fork out at least $600,the same GsmArena,if you are not nitpicking has mostly positives to say about the phone based on its price point,and from a personal experience it's not the worst battery life I've seen either..I'll also refer you to Phonearena;BEST phones to buy in 2015,BUDGET segment..
That something is budget doesn't mean it should give you below par experience. Otherwise the "budget" tag on it is abused. It should be able to give what high ends will give, then it will be affordable in order to qualify as budget.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Gabbyswit(f): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
Please how did you order your phone.. I really need this phone i have been wanting to order from aliexpress but still don't know how to go about it..
donbenie:
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
donhils:

Now there is "apart from that" in your defence? But earlier on all of you claimed the phone is 100% perfect.
Show me a phone that is 100% perfect and I will show you a phone that doesn't exist..every phone has its quirks,the ISSUE is,is it enough to mar the overall User Experience especially factoring in the price point,AM using the phone and if given a chance to buy it AGAIN at its price point I'll still do it all over again,that is greatest endorsement I as an OWNER can give it..

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
Gabbyswit:
Please how did you order your phone.. I really need this phone i have been wanting to order from aliexpress but still don't know how to go about it..
You can order it from Kulimart,that's where I got mine,he's dependable..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
donhils:

That something is budget doesn't mean it should give you below par experience. Otherwise the "budget" tag on it is abused. It should be able to give what high ends will give, then it will be affordable in order to qualify as budget.
I read the Androidauthority Review on the phone,sure they pointed out a few CONS of the phone,but just like EVERY OTHER review out there about the phone,the overwhelming impression they got was of a SOLID Performance for its price point,compared to similarly priced devices..
And seriously if you expect to get a Flagship grade performance from a budget device I bet you nothing like that exists,corners must be cut somewhere to arrive at its budget price or maybe you should name ONE such device for me..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
XGravity Systems "Technology @ ur finger tips"
Everything about Technology, Smartphone, computer and tech discussions. Join our whatsapp group. 08164460707
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
donbenie:
Show me a phone that is 100% perfect and I will show you a phone that doesn't exist..every phone has its quirks,the ISSUE is,is it enough to mar the overall User Experience especially factoring in the price point,AM using the phone and if given a chance to buy it AGAIN at its price point I'll still do it all over again,that is greatest endorsement I as an OWNER can give it..
Buy it again and again under what levels na? Can u use Google apps without any headaches? NO. Can u use the phone for 4hrs without running helter skelter reaching for charger to charge again? NO. What guaranty do u have on the screen? None. Put the phone 2geda with money in ur pocket, bring it out and see scratches on the screen. Reviews say the helio x10 processor lagged in some games and became very hot after a short while. So what exactly is that special thing? Or you're just trying so hard not to make urself feel bad about your money?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 7:43am On Oct 03, 2015
donhils:

Buy it again and again under what levels na? Can u use Google apps without any headaches? NO. Can u use the phone for 4hrs without running helter skelter reaching for charger to charge again? NO. What guaranty do u have on the screen? None. Put the phone 2geda with money in ur pocket, bring it out and see scratches on the screen. Reviews say the helio x10 processor lagged in some games and became very hot after a short while. So what exactly is that special thing? Or you're just trying so hard not make urself feel bad about your money?
Am using ALL the Apps I've been using in my previous phones without any problem,so I don't know what you're talking about,and on my usage pattern I've got no problem with the battery,not the WORST I've seen either..
I've got a tempered screen protector installed and so can't say anything about the phone's scratch resistance,and I don't know of LAGS while playing games,it plays MY games EXCELLENTLY well and neither GSMArena nor Phonearena reported any excessive heating while using..
I bought the phone and am enjoying it,you on the other hand came here made a LOT of noise about buying it,can't AFFORD it,turns around and start BASHING it,dishing out VERDICTS out of thin air,it would have been funny if not pathetic.. MMADU ANAGHI ABU OGBENYE BURU AMUSU..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2015
donbenie:
Am using ALL the Apps I've been using in my in my previous phones without any problem,so I don't know what you're talking about,and on my usage pattern I've got no problem with the battery,not the WORST I've seen either..
I've got a tempered screen protector installed and so can't say anything about the phone's scratch resistance,and I don't know of LAGS while playing games,it plays MY games EXCELLENTLY well and neither GSMArena nor Phonearena reported any excessive heating while using..
I bought the phone and am enjoying it,you on the other hand came here made a LOT of noise about buying it,can't AFFORD it,turns around and start BASHING it,dishing out VERDICTS out of thin air,it would have been funny if not pathetic.. MMADU ANAGHI ABU OGBENYE BURU AMUSU..
You can say that again and again. I can't afford the luxury of buying headaches for myself. Somebody here one day suggested you guys contribute money and buy for me. I'm still waiting for that, at least I can manage it like that since it's free. Otherwise, I'm still going to be bringing out my facts about the China phone. U use all your apps from your old phone, who knows the apps you had on the old phone. Who knows whether U've been using xiaomi phones all your life and have been accustomed to their mi store and their funny mi apps and bloatwares.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Holyman3(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2015
I want to upgrade from my infinix hot note.

Can someone give guarantee on this xiaomi note
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 10:48am On Oct 03, 2015
Holyman3:
I want to upgrade from my infinix hot note.

Can someone give guarantee on this xiaomi note

The reviews on this thread is enough.

You can also count on us. smiley
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2015
donhils:

You can say that again and again. I can't afford the luxury of buying headaches for myself. Somebody here one day suggested you guys contribute money and buy for me. I'm still waiting for that, at least I can manage it like that since it's free. Otherwise, I'm still going to be bringing out my facts about the China phone. U use all your apps from your old phone, who knows the apps you had on the old phone. Who knows whether U've been using xiaomi phones all your life and have been accustomed to their mi store and their funny mi apps and bloatwares.
Hahaha,you seemed OBSESSED with the phone,am here because I OWNED the phone and like other OWNERS and potential OWNERS am interested in the cross dissemination of useful information about the devices,YOU on the other hand..Lol,why are you even here,after gracing us all with your IMPERIAL VERDICT on the device,one would have thought by now you would have seen a superior device to grace your presence with..
If its a HEADACHE it's MINE headache,why drink PANADOL for another man's WAHALA..if I no USE my OLD APPS na your own APPS I go use, SMH..

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 11:16am On Oct 03, 2015
donbenie:
Hahaha,you seemed OBSESSED with the phone,am here because I OWNED the phone and like other OWNERS and potential OWNERS am interested in the cross dissemination of useful information about the devices,YOU on the other hand..Lol,why are you even here,after gracing us all with your IMPERIAL VERDICT on the device,one would have thought by now you would have seen a superior device to grace your presence with..
If its a HEADACHE it's MINE headache,why drink PANADOL for another man's WAHALA..if I no USE my OLD APPS na your own APPS I go use, SMH..
For starters, I'm not obsessed with your shity phone. And talking about superior, I'm actually using a superior phone. I currently use LG G3 and wanted to buy this xiaomi cos of the fuss about it(so u see, I'm really not desperate about replacing my phone; just looking for an addition which I can live without). Then because 45k is not what I can just throw away like that, I decided to read about the phone and eventually found out the phone is not worth it. Those foreign online reviewers calling it budget phone is cos they are actually getting it at a low price unlike what is obtainable here. If not that Kulimart was greedy earlier and wanted to sell to me with a leather pouch that I don't need, maybe I would've wasted my money. And for me coming here, I'm trying to make ppl know what they're getting into before paying.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 11:25am On Oct 03, 2015
donbenie:
That's it, ur old apps. Mi apps from Mi store that's why U don't know what it means when u can't use Google apps or when u can't make playstore your default store.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by simmyideas(m): 11:50am On Oct 03, 2015
Xiaomi Mi4c is the latest flagship released by Xiaomi, it comes with a 5.0inch FHD screen which is with sunlight display mode and night reading mode. A 64bit Snapdragon 808 1.8GHz processor is perfect for mi4c, it brings you fluent using experience. Dual camera, rear Sony IMX 258 13MP camera with two-tone flash, front one is 5.0MP. Mi4c also equipped with the latest USB Type-C technology, come with a 3080mAh battery . Support Quick Charge 2.0, Edge tap, OTG, infrared remote, Google play store, multi-language , etc

Read more: http://simmyideas.com/xiaomi-mi4c-4g-smartphone-review/

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2015
donhils:

For starters, I'm not obsessed with your shity phone. And talking about superior, I'm actually using a superior phone. I currently use LG G3 and wanted to buy this xiaomi cos of the fuss about it(so u see, I'm really not desperate about replacing my phone; just looking for an addition which I can live without). Then because 45k is not what I can just throw away like that, I decided to read about the phone and eventually found out the phone is not worth it. Those foreign online reviewers calling it budget phone is cos they are actually getting it at a low price unlike what is obtainable here. If not that Kulimart was greedy earlier and wanted to sell to me with a leather pouch that I don't need, maybe I would've wasted my money. And for me coming here, I'm trying to make ppl know what they're getting into before paying.

It's now clear that you do not have money to buy this phone. I beg you, stop disturbing us. My advise to you is to travel to China and buy it yourself.

When you have money, place an order on our website and we will ship to you.

Once again stop disturbing us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by simmyideas(m): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2015
Xiaomi Mi4C 4G, the perfect combination of power and style is now available at your doorstep, the XIAOMI Mi4C 4G Smartphone(Advanced Edition) runs Android 5.1 with 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 64bit Hexa Core 1.8GHz and 13.0MP + 5.0MP Camera.

See more at: http://simmyideas.com/xiaomi-mi4c-4g-advance-edition/#sthash.xwswARgR.dpuf

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Royruky(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
donhils:

That's it, ur old apps. Mi apps from Mi store that's why U don't know what it means when u can't use Google apps or when u can't make playstore your default store.

Na woah oooh. Na only naija you dey see person when never use phone dey review phone. Make God helep some people ooh

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
KuliMart:

It's now clear that you do not have money to buy this phone. I beg you, stop disturbing us. My advise to you is to travel to China and buy it yourself.

When you have money, place an order on our website and we will ship to you.

Once again stop disturbing us.
And if I don't; what are you going to do? By the way how do you define disturbing? Now, U've shown that my comments have been tormenting u. Were u not greedy or are u still not greedy? I just got the boost I needed. Gear 4 is next.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
Royruky:

Na woah oooh. Na only naija you dey see person when never use phone dey review phone. Make God helep some people ooh
Yea I need God to help me. You ,whose help do you need? Kulimart's?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by xzibukz(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
A guy is just displaying his st**pid_ty... here

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply)

MTN Unveils New Call Tariff Plan: Xtrapro & Xtraspecial / Get 1gb For #100 On Mtn For Free / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.