Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82073 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
funkdr:
pls how do I change the imei of this phone, mobileuncle is not helpful.
Go to dialer and dial *#*#3646633#*#*
It will take you directly to the engineering mode
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Baroba(m): 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
How is the battery on this device, am currently looking at this or Mi4c?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
Baroba:
On light usage,80% takes my through the day while on heavy usage, 5hrs is all you get out of a full charge
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
Baroba:

Check previous pages for review.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Baroba(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
idokojerry:

On light usage,80% takes my through the day while on heavy usage, 5hrs is all you get out of a full charge

Thanks bro, 5hrs screen on time is not too bad...
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
idokojerry:

Go to dialer and dial *#*#3646633#*#*
It will take you directly to the engineering mode
thanks
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Bratking(m): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
idokojerry:

On Real Heavy Usage, ie, Screen brightness on max coupled with either one of these activities: 3G internet service activated, plus HD gaming, Streaming, downloading and Movie watching, will sap a battery capacity below 2500mAh under 2 hours flat, no matter the optimizing efficiency of the device's chipset.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
Bratking:

On Real Heavy Usage, ie, Screen brightness on max coupled with either one of these activities: 3G internet service activated, plus HD gaming, Streaming, downloading and Movie watching, will sap a battery capacity below 2500mAh under 2 hours flat, no matter the optimizing efficiency of the device's chipset.
The helio chipset IMO is effective in battery optimization, giving that the 5hrs recorded on full charge is while screen brightness was at 60%, 3G connectivity,streaming and few minutes of movie watching all on a VPN connection
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2015
Please I need your help. My Redmi note 2 does not recognise my two sim again. It displays NO SIM on both sim port. What do I do?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
Stakekay1:
Please I need your help. My Redmi note 2 does not recognise my two sim again. It displays NO SIM on both sim port. What do I do?

Did you tamper with the IMEI?

Did you notice the issue after flashing a ROM? You might need to Reflash the ROM
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
For those that love tweaking their devices

About sMiUI

sMiUI is a Custom-ROM-Project for Xiaomi-Devices that started in late 2014. It is based on the weekly Developer ROM, released by Xiaomi. Further we participate from the xioami.eu Team, which does a great job in adding European languages to the chinese ROM!

sMiUI packs lots of great features, fixes and performance-tunings on top!

Cooking your own ROM ...

The sMiUI ROM-Kitchen enables you to choose and select only the Features and Mods you want! You can either cook a ROM with basic improvements, or pack lots of Design, Performance and App Features on top of it.

Select your device and start customizing sMiUI just as you like it - its easy as that.

http://www.smiui.net/redminote2_hermes.php
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 6:31am On Oct 08, 2015
aieromon:

Did you notice the issue after flashing a ROM? You might need to Reflash the ROM

Resolved already! Thanks.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2015
Stakekay1:
Resolved already! Thanks.

How did you resolve the problem? We are all here to learn
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2015
Z
donhils:

At least I have a spare battery cos I can see one to buy anytime I want. If one drains I change another. Can you say that about your China xiaomi? Do you have any spare part anywhere? Use the phone and hope u never will have any need to change any part.
*yawns*

U have ba3 I have PB whats d difference?

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2015
aieromon:

How did you resolve the problem? We are all here to learn
Didn't do something extraordinary. I just cliqued on the message app repeatedly and the network activated
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Holyman3(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2015
KuliMart:

The reviews on this thread is enough.

You can also count on us. smiley

Thanks..

I decided to go for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 instead.
In as much as I like Chinese brands for their affordability, I believe there is a reason why they are cheap.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Holyman3:

Thanks..

I decided to go for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 instead.
In as much as I like Chinese brands for their affordability, I believe there is a reason why they are cheap.

Waste of resources.

There's no extra ordinary reason. Samsung are claiming big guys in the field. They have more employees than Xiaomi. So they have many workers to pay.

You would have asked why Xiaomi kicked Samsung out of the market in China and other Asian countries.

Samsung aim huge profit.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
aieromon:

Observing sameproblem again. The sim service will just go off. I changed my imei but it has been functioning not until now that its misbehaving I didnt flash any rom. It's giving me problem
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
Stakekay1:
Observing sameproblem again. The sim service will just go off. I changed my imei but it has been functioning not until now that its misbehaving I didnt flash any rom. It's giving me problem

It's because of imei tweaking or maybe network signal in your area.

I believe it's Glo network that always mess up.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
Youngzedd:

It's because of imei tweaking or maybe network signal in your area.

I believe it's Glo network that always mess up.
its both sim etisalat and glo. Gurus in the house help me please
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Stakekay1:

Undo what you have done.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
Youngzedd:

Undo what you have done.
How do I do that?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Stakekay1:
How do I do that?

Didn't you copy out your imei.

Restore the original imei, check the back of the phone after removing the battery.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
I've been unable to transfer Apps and media through CShare and Xender to and from my Note 2,pls,anybody have this issue or any idea what might be the cause..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
Xiaomi Uses Concore Glass.

Concore Glass is an OGS Laminated Display from Corning, the manufacturer of Gorilla Glass. Concore Glass is as hard, resistant to scratches & damage as with Gorilla Glass. Concore Glass is also known as Fit Glass because of the laminated display technology used in which Protection Glass and Touch device is integrated into one unit.

They are basically the same in terms of hardness and resistance to scratches. But they are used in different applications. Concore glass is part of a display and Gorilla class is used to protect a display from damage. Concore glass combines display and protection class into one. This reduces the thickness of the display.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 9:31am On Oct 11, 2015
KuliMart:
Xiaomi Uses Concore Glass.

Concore Glass is an OGS Laminated Display from Corning, the manufacturer of Gorilla Glass. Concore Glass is as hard, resistant to scratches & damage as with Gorilla Glass. Concore Glass is also known as Fit Glass because of the laminated display technology used in which Protection Glass and Touch device is integrated into one unit.

They are basically the same in terms of hardness and resistance to scratches. But they are used in different applications. Concore glass is part of a display and Gorilla class is used to protect a display from damage. Concore glass combines display and protection class into one. This reduces the thickness of the display.
does it mean there's no need for tempered glass protector?.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Baroba(m): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2015
Stakekay1:

imei fix mtk devices..

http://karbonn-octane-plus..co.uk/2015/10/imei-fix-for-mtk-devices.html?m=1
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 6:36am On Oct 12, 2015
funkdr:
does it mean there's no need for tempered glass protector?.

Tempered glass will add additional layer protection to it.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 1:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 prime now available.

Price: 50,000 NGN

Pay on delivery within Lagos

Highlights:
- MTK Helio X10 Processor, Octa-core 64-bit, A53 architecture CPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB Memory
- 5.5 " full HD, 1920x1080 resolution
- 13MP Samsung/ OV PDAF Autofucus, 5MP Front Camera
- 3060mAh removable battery + Quick Charge 2.0
- 4G Dual SIM
- MIUI 6 based on Android lollipop
Accessories: Fashion 3D Back Cover Case + Tempered Glass
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Chikago(m): 3:41am On Oct 17, 2015
KuliMart:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 prime now available.

Price: 50,000 NGN

Pay on delivery within Lagos

Highlights:
- MTK Helio X10 Processor, Octa-core 64-bit, A53 architecture CPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB Memory
- 5.5 " full HD, 1920x1080 resolution
- 13MP Samsung/ OV PDAF Autofucus, 5MP Front Camera
- 3060mAh removable battery + Quick Charge 2.0
- 4G Dual SIM
- MIUI 6 based on Android lollipop
Accessories: Fashion 3D Back Cover Case + Tempered Glass

Does this 50k include shipping outside Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 6:13am On Oct 17, 2015
Has anyone flashed the latest xiaomi.eu global multilanguage ROM (5.10.16) on his Redmi Note 2?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 6:51am On Oct 17, 2015
Chikago:

Does this 50k include shipping outside Lagos?
The price does not include shipping. All the price on our website.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime has been sold out. (Out of stock)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 standard available. (44,500 NGN)

If it's only prime you need, contact us for pre-order.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (36) (Reply)

Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls. / MTN Unveils New Call Tariff Plan: Xtrapro & Xtraspecial / Get 1gb For #100 On Mtn For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.