Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:19 PM

Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction (22948 Views)

Maiduguri Residents Jubilate Over Sheriff’s Sacking / Civilian Joint Task Force Jubilate After A 3-Day Operation In Borno / Militants Shoot As Soldiers Look On In Delta As Crowd Jubilate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by abu12: 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/27/ejigbo-residents-jubilate-over-road-construction/

The residents of Ejigbo, a suburb of Lagos State, western Nigeria, have hailed the determination of the state government led by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to construct the their major road in the area.
They said the ongoing construction which is near completion has shown that Ambode was determined to transform the state.
The busy Ejigbo-Ikotun road had been neglected over the years which had caused the residents untold hardship due to traffic congestion.

The residents had pleaded with past governments to come to their aid to no avail.
But a few weeks after Ambode was sworn in as governor, he went and inspected the road and promised that work would commence the following week.

True to his word, he deployed men of Lagos State Public Works Cooperation, LSPWC, to the area and work commenced.
When our reporter visited the road, the workers of LSPWC were busy grading the road and constructing the drainage channels. .

Some of the workers who spoke to our reporter said Ambode gave them a deadline to complete the road and move to other areas.
They said the Governor had been busy monitoring the progress of work and would like them to complete the road within the time frame he gave them.
Some of the residents who spoke to our reporter expressed their happiness and thanked Ambode for responding to their plight.

A resident, Mr Kayode Williams, said when Ambode made the promise that he would commence work on the road, he did not believe him and when the workers of LSPWC brought their equipment, he did not also believe until they started to construct the culverts.
He said the men have been working daily and striving to complete the work on schedule.
He thanked the state government for their prompt response.

Another resident who identified herself as Dayo Omowunmi said she was impressed about the progress made so far on the road.
She said, initially, she did not believe it will be a reality, adding that with the determination of the workers and the governor to complete the work, their plight will soon end.
She recalled her experience on the road, saying due to traffic congestion caused by bad road, it usually takes the residents several hours to get to work.

Emeka Ibeh, a trader at Ladipo market who resides in Ejigbo, said because of the deplorable state of the road, he usually wakes up around 5:00 am to prepare for work.
He said even when he wakes up early, he still gets to his shop late because of traffic jam.

He hoped that after the completion of the road, movement from Ejigbo will be easier and commended Ambode for fulfilling his campaign promise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by stepo707: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
congrats to them.That road has been bad for a long time.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by 4reala(m): 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
Tnk God, Ambo is workin

10 Likes

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by 4reala(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
stepo707:
congrats to them.That road has been bad for a long time.
Oga, shey na because of FTC mak u dey type dis kain tin U dey book space abi
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by abu12: 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
[size=13pt]apc! Chanji dole [/size]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by Firefire(m): 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
Good development only if the greedy boss will permit full scale road construction in Lagos because, 90% of Lagos hinterland roads are in a sorry state.

Ki Olorun bawa ko si awon jegudu jera ninu.

8 Likes

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by ibotic(f): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thank goodness you SW don't have erosion plaguing your land.... angry....and you are witnessing development everyday..... grin...the shame and greed of our leaders in the SE particularly NNewi where I am from is what is causing us to shout Biafra....if only my people can come and learn how to govern...instead we will be selling fake drugs and doing prostitution in your land....I am ashamed to be Igbo... grin

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by stepo707: 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
4reala:
Oga, shey na because of FTC mak u dey type dis kain tin U dey book space abi

I know that road besides did you read the article?

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by 4reala(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
stepo707:

I know that road besides did you read the article?
u 4get say na only "a" u first type b/4 u come modify
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by stepo707: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
4reala:
u 4get say na only "a" u first type b/4 u come modify
got me grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nice one
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by Beremx(f): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ah! at last!!
Eko oni baje o!

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by Happiness87(f): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
Beremx:
Ah! at last!!

Eko oni baje o!
seriously at last, the forgotten area have been remembered
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by CSTR2: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
12 years of uninterrupted ACN govt.
lol.
savages
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by veekid(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
happy for them
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by j4sure(m): 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
wow it worth it oooooooo
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by MrCounselor: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cool. This simply gesture will open up that region economically with killing another bird of improved standard of living by stress-free transit of people and properties safely. Kudos
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by chesterlee(m): 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
I'm so happy for them

Ambode > Thief Fashola.com
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by Kaybee14(m): 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
I'm happy for the residents. The government should continue to live up to their social responsibilities by putting the welfare of the citizens first before their own personal interest. Kudos to the Lagos State Government under the leadership of Governor Ambode.

CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE BELOW TO VIEW SOME OF OUR QUALITY STONE COATED ROOFING TILES PROJECTS.
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by chukzbozz86: 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
yes
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by anulaxad(m): 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
APC change.

God bless Nigeria.

ibotic:

Thank you my brother......I am Igbo and proud....but also Israelites ....... cheesy.....we migrated from the fight that happened in Israel two thousand years ago into awa enclaves.....to practise wrestling matches in order to marry Nkechi......ihatago.....land of the rising sun.........IPOB youth.... cheesy

When the come after you,wetin concern am.
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by MzzTega(f): 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
Congratulations.
I tap into this testimony. Lord,provide a bridge for my school.
Amen.
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
Typical Nigerians.

The government has a duty to ensure that its citizens physiological needs and safety needs are met, I don't really see why they should be jubilating over this.

This is akin to questioning the devil for killing innocent souls, damn that, it's his freaking duty to torment and destroy.

3 Likes

Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by thoollz: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Well d governor has given them a reason to smile and that's good, when u do good, U'll b commended, when u do bad, U'll b castigated.
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by zangiff(m): 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
Change nla
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by shaddoww: 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
ibotic:
Thank goodness you SW don't have erosion plaguing your land.... angry....and you are witnessing development everyday..... grin...the shame and greed of our leaders in the SE particularly NNewi where I am from is what is causing us to shout Biafra....if only my people can come and learn how to govern...instead we will be selling fake drugs and doing prostitution in your land....I am ashamed to be Igbo... grin
Tell me u are just being sarcastic please
Re: Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction by 247notire(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
The new government shud concentrate on turning around the state of lagos mainland pls. As som1 up said, 90% of roads here are in terrible conditions. @ Post, a step in the right direction.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] / Fulani Agenda: It's Time To Apologize To Me - FFK / Miyetti Allah Pledges Peace With Host Communities In South-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.