Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

My Take On Biafra As An Igbo Man Born In Lagos And Married To A Lovely Osun Lady - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Biafra As An Igbo Man Born In Lagos And Married To A Lovely Osun Lady (2267 Views)

Trouble For Biafra As FG Prepares To Send Nnamdi Kanu Back To Kuje Prison / Goodluck Jonathan Returns Back To Nigeria,Given A Lovely Welcome(photo) / A Vehicle With "BIAFRA" As Number Plate In The US Spotted By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Take On Biafra As An Igbo Man Born In Lagos And Married To A Lovely Osun Lady by opeaceo: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2015
zendy:
[b] I'm pleasantly surprised that the OP, an Igbo man born and raised in Lagos and married to a Yoruba woman, has still kept an open mind about Nigeria and Biafra. Many 'Nigerians' are closed minded people who cannot see beyond the 'colonial handcuffs' that Lugard put them into in the name of "Nigeria". In my experience, it is usually Igbos who are born or raised outside Igbo land in places like Lagos are the ones who don't support Biafra. Some of them don't even know how to get to their villages in the east to talk about Biafra. One of the reasons why I support Biafra is this increasing generation of Igbos raised outside Igbo land who are slowly losing their identity. They must be given a new platform to rediscover themselves. When it comes to the wider scheme of things, there is argument in the fact that it is the undisputed right of the Igbo people to decide for themselves if they want be Nigerian or not. So there is realy no argument about Biafra.

I'm an Igbo man by birth

I'm a Biafran by free choice

I'm a Nigerian "by force"
[/b]

So, for them to "rediscover" themselves, Biafra is the way to go??
Clap for yaself, you made perfect sense.
Re: My Take On Biafra As An Igbo Man Born In Lagos And Married To A Lovely Osun Lady by zendy: 10:12am On Aug 28, 2015
opeaceo:

So, for them to "rediscover" themselves, Biafra is the way to go??
Clap for yaself, you made perfect sense.

Next time, try to read well what people write here. I said "one of the reasons". I never said "the only reason"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Update More Pictures From The Biafra Protest At Nigeria Hong Kong Embassy / Presidential Arms Audit Panel Clears Jonathan, Confirms That Enough Arms Were Pu / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000mw Of Electricity – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.