Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) (27980 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Visits President Buhari Today At The Abuja House, London (photos) / Photos Of Yemi Osinbajo Leaving London After Meeting With President Buhari Today / The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by Otunbatrafford: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
I hope he was sent to plead on behalf of stealing is not corruption hip hop star? The most clueless president ever.
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by ugoyibo: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
OK! What did they discussed?
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by ransomed: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
abuc:
In democracy, we all have freedom of expression. The manner some Nigerians
criticise Bishop Kukah because he advised our President is unfortunate.
That President Buhari is upright does not mean he won't make mistakes.

We should encourage people to criticise the Government actions that are
not fair and just for all. Bishop Kukah have done a lot for the progress and
unity of Nigeria.
::--Where was the Bishop when the people he pleaded for were busy looting the treasury with reckless abandon? Baba! no look hassan face, continue with your steady action. Stealing is corruption.
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by gbishman: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
Finally he has filled Orisejafors shoes. na wa o, everyones looking for attention round the whole place
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
ok...
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by Meiji(m): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
doctokwus:

On the contrary,I think the man has realised his folly and went to renounce whatever wrong impression he created earlier.
Having seen the nationwide harsh criticism of his ill- advised position,the exposure of things he would have wished remained hidden from the public and the Holy See and the possible reversal of d positive image he hitherto held and the twice, open, strong support of the Sultan to the anti corruption fight,in sharp opposite to that canvassed by d peace committee of which both are members; it became imperative that Kukah quickly tries to also allign himself with the current mood of the nation.
He can repair it a bit,but the damage is already done because what will linger in our memories is that of a Bishop Kukah who openly canvassed that for the "spectacular" fit of GEJ conceding in an election he was roundly defeated in,he should be allowed to go scot free,"even if he stole all the money in the world"!
Such is the makeup of some of the MOG that are supposed to hold all that the bible teaches, but now find it convenient to merry with those that desecrate those same teachings, a pity!!

Please where exactly in the interview did Bishop Kukah state that Jonathan should be let off the hook because he conceded defeat? I need an exact quote.
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by azimibraun: 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
The last picture is kinda somehow sha.. Buhri telling Bishop Kukkah " Bros if dem serve you food and you chop finish abeg follow this back door before you go say na pressmen quote you out of context.. follow backyard jeje dey go o"

Much respect for both Men.
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by chrixus(m): 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
veekid:
i
I just like ur signature
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by Ayatullah(m): 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
ACCEPT HIS APOLOGY MR. PRESIDENT!

After realising he has goofed the Bishop is seeking audience with President Buhari this is what transpired between them:

KUKAH: "Sorry sir, I overdrank the communion wine when I made those stuupid statements. I blame it on my over imbibing the Church communion wine."

BUHARI: You are welcome, we are all humans prone to error.

KUKAH: But Mr. President you have to show you have fogiven me by entertaining me with a chilled bottle of wine.

BUHARI: It's in my mind to do so, but since you informed me earlier that you OVER IMBIBE the Church
Communion wine, I am afraid of putting in your front a bottle of wine, because things are rationed here because they are procured with Nigerians money. I fear for you, because if you consume the whole bottle as you did with the Church Communion wine you will be detained for that.

KUKA: Heh!oooooo! Mr. President I better take my leave. Grateful for your cordial reception.......em though without the wine.

BUHARI: Thanks for your visit I will arrange for a truck load of bottled water to be sent to you. I shall bear the cost personally.
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by Forwetinnah: 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
doublewisdom:
Where the picture? We want to see Buhari's Body language during the visit.

No be small "Body Language"...
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by northconfusion: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
Now we have a listener president.
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by sinola(m): 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
i dunno what this man is alwayz lookin for in Aso rock.....doesn't he have a church?
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by Joeoku78: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
Only God knows how much money bishop Kukah collected from jonathan as bribe that he is highly disturbed to see Buhari and to cover up his guilts against nigerians. Our president Buhari must go on with the war against corruption and jail Kukah and others that have put nigeria in this mess
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by tete7000(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
doctokwus:

On the contrary,I think the man has realised his folly and went to renounce whatever wrong impression he created earlier.
Having seen the nationwide harsh criticism of his ill- advised position,the exposure of things he would have wished remained hidden from the public and the Holy See and the possible reversal of d positive image he hitherto held and the twice, open, strong support of the Sultan to the anti corruption fight,in sharp opposite to that canvassed by d peace committee of which both are members; it became imperative that Kukah quickly tries to also allign himself with the current mood of the nation.
He can repair it a bit,but the damage is already done because what will linger in our memories is that of a Bishop Kukah who openly canvassed that for the "spectacular" fit of GEJ conceding in an election he was roundly defeated in,he should be allowed to go scot free,"even if he stole all the money in the world"!
Such is the makeup of some of the MOG that are supposed to hold all that the bible teaches, but now find it convenient to merry with those that desecrate those same teachings, a pity!!

And how are you sure the visit was not at the instance of the president? The bishop made his points and have at various fora reaffirmed his position. Some of us agree with most of the questions he raised and statement made lately by the Presidential spokesperson reflected the fact that they have digested some of his thoughts. If you have listen well you would have heard Adesina saying there is no probe yet but investigation and you would have heard the same Adesina saying that this is a democratic dispensation and due process will be followed in all corruption fight process. Those statements reflect the points the bishop made. Problem Nigeria has is hypocrisy. Anyone that disagrees with your cult hero automatically is painted black. No, a serious minded people leave room for people to disagree. That promotes exchange of ideas and allows parties involved opportunities to have their ideas enriched. I believe that is why the President has given room for this meeting. He knows the importance of listening to a personality like Bishop Kukah. His arguments can't just be thrown out with a wave of hand. It pays to call him and listen to him.

And finally for your information that man has been more visible in national discourse that promote democracy, probity and has been more seen in the fight against corruption in the last fifteen years than even the President himself. Your view about him or those who share your views changes nothing about him.
He was the secretary of Oputa panel that Late Gain Fawehinmi dragged current president buhari to but which the president then arrogantly refused to appear before. Those who know his antecedents and who have worked with him will tell you he is not one that can be compromised. He is respected both home and abroad. Try and listen more to his arguments, you have a lot to learn from him.
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by IkUKU01(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bishop kUKAH..my formal parish priest, d pple of kakuri will neva forget u...
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by IkUKU01(m): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
Joeoku78:
Only God knows how much money bishop Kukah collected from jonathan as bribe that he is highly disturbed to see Buhari and to cover up his guilts against nigerians. Our president Buhari must go on with the war against corruption and jail Kukah and others that have put nigeria in this mess
jail kukah 4 wat??u normal so?
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by Ayatullah(m): 12:42am On Aug 28, 2015
IkUKU01:
Bishop kUKAH..my formal parish priest, d pple of kakuri will neva forget u...

Because he gave your parish a lot of meatless 'Miyan Kukah'?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by August21(m): 6:54am On Aug 28, 2015
Funny hw Nigerian youths think. So, u don't know Matthew kukah's recent visit are connected to who becomes the next CAN president? Pple just come to a forum like Nairaland to comment anyhw dey like. SMH.
Re: Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) by IkUKU01(m): 11:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ayatullah:

Because he gave your parish a lot of meatless 'Miyan Kukah'?
atleast he gave us miyan kuka its sometin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Taken Enough Insults From Oshiomhole – Okorocha / APC Unveils Gov Lalong As DG Campaign Council, Keyamo As Spokesperson / Adeleke Directs LG Heads To Replace Sacked Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.