Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Usain Bolt Wins 200m World Championship Gold - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Wins 200m World Championship Gold (457 Views)

Usain Bolt Wins 200m Gold At The Rio2016 Olympics: His Eighth Olympic Gold / Rio Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt Wins 200m Gold, His Eighth Olympic Gold / Usain "Lightning" Bolt Wins 100m Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usain Bolt Wins 200m World Championship Gold by jocelyncherish: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
Jamaica’s Usain Bolt ran the fastest time of the year in 19.55 seconds to win a record fourth straight world 200 metres title and sweep the individual sprints at a major global championships for a fifth time on Thursday. Five days after beating Justin Gatlin to win the 100 metres , the 29-year-old Olympic champion and world record holder again proved too strong for in-form American, who finished second in 19.74. Anasco Jobodwana took bronze in 19.87 for South Africa ahead of Panama’s Alonso Edward, who was awarded the same time but lost out on a medal by two 1,000ths of a second. Jobodwana’s time was 19.861 and Edward 19.863. The victory gave Bolt a record-extending 10th world championship gold medal and he could yet win an 11th as part of Jamaica’s 4×100 metre relay team on Saturday. Bolt, who had only run one race at the distance coming into the championships after an injury disrupted season, once again produced the goods when it really mattered. The 29-year-old got out of the blocks quicker than Gatlin on his inside and was already in front at the bend, where the American picked up speed and looked like he might threaten the champion. Puffing his cheeks out and swinging his arms high, though, Bolt pounded down the home straight to victory, thumping his chest with his fist as he crossed the line. Bolt and Gatlin had only faced each other once before in a 200 metres race, at the 2005 world championships in Helsinki where the American claimed his first world title in the event and teenager Bolt finished last. That was the year before Gatlin, having just matched the world record, tested positive for a banned substance for a second time and was suspended for four years. Gatlin, 33, had gone unbeaten since 2013 in both sprints coming to Beijing and his was the world leading time that Bolt bettered to take the title. “Usain Bolt’s a legend, man,” said Britain’s Zharnel Hughes, who finished fifth in a personal best time of 20.02 at his first major championships. “Even myself, I even doubted him a bit. But Bolt is phenonmenal. He knows what to do when it comes to major championships. All credit to him.” Turkey’s Ramil Guliyevs (20.11) was sixth ahead of Femi Ogunode of Qatar (20.27) with Bolt’s compatriot Nickel Ashmeade bringing up the rear in 20.33. www.punchng.com/news/usain-bolt-wins-200m-world-championship-gold/

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Wins 200m World Championship Gold by veacea: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
Issokai
Re: Usain Bolt Wins 200m World Championship Gold by Survivor33(m): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Go bolt go bolt the spirit king . Thats my MENTOR and role model in sport. I love him so much. I knew he would win It even though many doubted his form this season. plague by many injuries and a pelvic injury this year and also coming here to win again is something unexplainable and magnificent. The fastest man the world has ever seen. Everyone loves bolt. Lemme go and re-watch the race again on youtube.
Re: Usain Bolt Wins 200m World Championship Gold by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Highly talented young man, but I guess this is it, he should gracefully take a bow now that his ovation is loudest. Luv u Bolt kiss

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo To Earn £206,782 For Tweets / How I Make 15k Daily Via Vfl / NPFL: Daniel Amokachi Confirms Resignation As Ifeanyi Ubah Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.