Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" (1737 Views)

10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / What Do Ladies Mean When They Say I Suffered With Him And He Dumped Me / 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘ I Love You’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jackossky(m): 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
It is quite disheartening that whenever a quarrel or an argument breaks out between a couple, the next line of words you hear is "Tomi! Don't forget that I suffered with you" .
An argument once degenerated into quarrel between my uncle and his wife. This led both to utter vitriolic words against each other. After so many banter, my uncle's wife broke into tears and what she said next made my uncle's heart to flack. She cried 'James,I suffered with you, you can't treat me like this,I deserve more.'' she continued weeping profusely 'I deserve more, I suffered...'

That instant, my uncle's facial disposition cringed into that of surprise. I could barely imagine his thoughts.
"When I was hustling at mushin, carrying concrete blocks (ponpon) were you there? When I was roaming the city of lagos by foot, where were you?...

It should be reiterated that our ladies should stop the use of " I suffered with you" preamble. It demeans men

Nairalanders what are your views about these?

c.c lalasticlala
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Or "after I've managed with you" yuck!
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by raayah(f): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
I think most ladies use that term to remind their husband that they have been with them through thick and thin.

Secondly, i think you are over-generalizing. That statement is rarely used except in issues that are threatening to their marriage.

Its not as common as you make it to be.

5 Likes

Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by bqlekan(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
Most men forgot all they've been through once little money comes in.. some even go to the extent of marrying a second wife. They forgot the sleepless the wife had to endure due to leaking roof, the hungry days, how she stood by you despite pressure from her relations. I think we men should be reminded

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by LaurelP(m): 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
They use it mainly when they feel there's a competitor somewhere. Either a side chick, a 2nd wife or the man's family members.

Fear women!
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Rukkydelta(f): 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
bqlekan:
Most men forgot all they've been through once little money comes in.. some even go to the extent of marrying a second wife. They forgot the sleepless the wife had to endure due to leaking roof, the hungry days, how she stood by you despite pressure from her relations. I think we men should be reminded

seconded
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by falconey(m): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:
I think most ladies use that term to remind their husband that they have been with them through thick and thin.

Secondly, i think you are over-generalizing. That statement is rarely used except in issues that are threatening to their marriage.

I think it is common these days, my uncle and his wife do argue about that.

She met him when he was working with a small firm and they were managing together until he made it big, but my father dropped out of school to sponsor him through out his education from senior secondary school,uni And Masters.

Now who should be using that remark?

My point is no woman suffers with a man more than his family, when a woman can use that statement is when the man is chasing another woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Aminat508(f): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jackossky(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
falconey:

[/color]√

Lol...but when I grows up and my wife made that statement to me ........I will shows her the book of life[color=][color=][/color]
It is not as if she suffered with me really but because she washed my clothes for me,cooked for me with stove

IS THAT SUFFERNESS

Lol.....I hope the ladies won't vent their anger on me
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jackossky(m): 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
LaurelP:
They use it mainly when they feel there's a competitor somewhere. Either a side chick, a 2nd wife or the man's family members.

Fear women!
But dem suffer tru tru.....dey are just reminding
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by agarawu23(m): 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

very common
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by LaurelP(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
Jackossky:
But dem suffer tru tru.....dey are just reminding
evrybody suffered, not only her.

1 Like

Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Jackossky:

Lol...but when I grows up and my wife made that statement to me ........I will show her the book of life
Not as if she suffered with me really but because washed my cloth for me,cook for me with stove
IS THAT SUFFERNESS

U might want to hire an English tutor first because ur future wife will surely be forced to use dat line after putting up with ur bad english for many years.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Naijacitizen(m): 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
And the men don't suffer with them, right?

Have they forget how men go out all days to search what to bring to the table?

When a man tell his wife he is going to have a second wife. My friend, that is the day he is setting his house on fire.
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jackossky(m): 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
mineANDurs:

U might want to hire an English tutor first because ur future wife will surely be forced to use dat line after putting up with ur bad english for many years.

Hey u know wat ..am not fucking good in speaking English......last time I check Patrick was not paid for his grammatical blunders
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jackossky(m): 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
mineANDurs:

Oooh
Needless I say,thank you

You really made me ameliorate my verbiage......
I hope you are now a grammarian........

wooow!thanks for your animadversion then,it made me to become copious,I went back to my room,studied hard and and ...
Do you know what the result is?
It made me a pedant....Thanks
Adios wink
mineANDurs:

Oooh
Needless I say,thank you.

You really made me ameliorate my verbiage......
I hope you are now a grammarian........

wooow!thanks for your animadversion then,it made me to become copious,I went back to my room,studied hard and and elucubrated..
Do you know what the result is?
It made me a pedant....Thanks
Adios
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by dapsonlou(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
Jackossky:
It is disheartening nowadays in our society when a quarrel or an argument broke up between a couple and what you hear next is " remember I suffered with you" .
A fight once broke up in my uncles house and the wife was like James suffered with you u can't treat me like this

In my uncles face...his countenance changed he was like wen. I was at mushin carrying blocks*ponpon* were u there ..wen I was roaming d city of lag by trekking where you there
Actually our ladies should stops the use of I "" I suffered with you" preamble

Nairalanders what are your view about these

She suffered with him because while he was doing brick layer Job in Mushin, she only Collected 500naira from his daily labor fee of 1500#. in her mind she suffered because she married him when he was broke.
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Julietcutie(f): 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
raayah:

exactly... ur correct
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jackossky(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2016
dapsonlou:

She suffered with him because while he was doing brick layer Job in Mushin, she only Collected 500naira from his daily labor fee of 1500#. in her mind she suffered because she married him when he was broke.

Hmmmmm......

I doubt that... women are generally dynamical...
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Cutehector(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
She suffered with him because she turned down richer suitors.

Dat, to me is selfishness!
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by brandislam: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
bqlekan:
The woman was there when he was growing up. So dat is jus a trash and need not to be said because she was neva wit him from d scratch. weda she was wit him or not he will still make it in life... so stop dat trash n get ursef sum popcorn
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by bqlekan(m): 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2016
brandislam:

The woman was there when he was growing up. So dat is jus a trash and need not to be said because she was neva wit him from d scratch. weda she was wit him or not he will still make it in life... so stop dat trash n get ursef sum popcorn

Bro, read those words up there again. Did you really think before typing that? Don't just type because you have to type something, type because you have something to type..
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
She microwaves you meal twice and vacuums your place and next thing you know after all I did for you! the impetus on some girls hahahaha hahahaha if only the know what it takes to be successful in life. women and their sense of entitlement and manipulation skills. After all we suffered together? how? just tell me how? fellas whenever they ask you that question pls ask them to list that amazing role. If the babe wasn't there from day one and I don't mean being a bimbo, taking and taking with no contribution or support and wasn't holding you down bro do the needful.
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by utenwuson: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
wrong! suffer wah? ladies feel they need 2 be taking care of @ all tym! they believe staying wt u in ur trying tym was helping u rather they don't know they re nuisance disturbing ur peace wen u were managing a one room apartment! guys spend on ladies according 2 their earnings! if I buy u 200 naira pant wen. I ain't working n can afford a 1k pant now oes it mean u were managing d former? na y sugar mama good sef ba dt
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jackossky(m): 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
utenwuson:
wrong! suffer wah? ladies feel they need 2 be taking care of @ all tym! they believe staying wt u in ur trying tym was helping u rather they don't know they re nuisance disturbing ur peace wen u were managing a one room apartment! guys spend on ladies according 2 their earnings! if I buy u 200 naira pant wen. I ain't working n can afford a 1k pant now oes it mean u were managing d former? na y sugar mama good sef ba dt

Hahahah...so bros

You arr into sugar (clears throat) emmm emmm

I hail oooo
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Laveda(f): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
bqlekan:

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jackossky(m): 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
mineANDurs:

... Thanks for this your post then. It is the muse behind my fluency in English today. Making use of sesquipedalian words was a mirage but now a reality.

You might not know the effect of this your 'innocuous comment' and its impact on me, but I thank God that it serves as a propeller that propelled me into becoming an erudite.

#Shola
#Iwrite

Don't forget to check out my blog
Www.vainearth.

See ya on the beaches of life.
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
Jackossky:

... Thanks for this your post then. It is the muse behind my fluency in English today. Making use of sesquipedalian words was a mirage but now a reality.

You might not know the effect of this your 'innocuous comment' and its impact on me, but I thank God that it serves as a propeller that propelled me into becoming an erudite.

#Shola
#Iwrite

Don't forget to check out my blog
Www.vainearth.

See ya on the beaches of life.

Wow!
Amazing transformation!!
Good job my friend!!!

1 Like

Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
mineANDurs:

Why are you wicked like this grin
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Jodha(f): 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
some men need to be reminded a million times...to keep their brain intact...

she obviously had other rich suitors but settled for yhu..and believed in yhu through thick and thin...when yhu had only just one foam...yhu don make am yhu wan mumu ...ladies keep reminding him ojare...

this is one of the reasons why ladies no longer wanna suffer with guys. they want already made...cause what is the need for the suffering... if yhu wouldnt be appreciated at the end...
Re: Women With Their Use Of "I Suffered With You" by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
efesodje:

Why are you wicked like this grin
grin
I was only joking oo... but i am glad it affected som1 positively.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Dates With Women In Some Tribes / 7 Types Of Kiss And What They Tell About Your Relationship (pics) / Nairaland Girls Be Like...(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.