Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. (16513 Views)

Forgiveness And Grace, A Video Everybody Must Watch / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by dalaman: 11:10am On Aug 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Because some people abuse religious practices does not mean God does not exist .

You kee[ saying that God exist with out providing a single evidence to back up the claim.

Actually it has . It can't get any better than this (lai lai )
1. God
2. An always existing universe
3. A Theory That Denies The First Cause . Eg : The Big Fraud Theory

Its your choice ... just pick one .

It can be non of the above. For example It can be many Gods, a creator God that created and died. It can be anything, we just do not know.

These "primitive men" actually had first-hand experience of this . I think the "primitive men" are actually as smart as the modern man . But it took years before that potential was FULLY harnessed or level of intelligence attained . If you go down history - pyramids of Egypt , architectural designs of buildings in Greece , Rome , Israel - you would learn that these "primitive men " surpassed the expectations of the modern man .

It would make real sense if you think about it this way . Not modern man making stupid assumptions and trying to tell stories of how these "primitive men" lived their lives . Platteon says the bible story isn't the true history of the Israelites but could he present the true story ? I'm waiting to be wowed .

It is logical to see that their experiences were passed down to descendants through different forms - writings , orals , drawings , carvings - and not the descendants trying to predict a whole culture/lifestyle of their ancestors because they picked up bones and all worth not .

Are you telling me that who ever wrote the genesis creation myth was there to witness it?

Like I said earlier it does not get any better than these (plus reasons this time )

1. An always existing being - God - Creation of Intelligent , moral agents to whom He would reveal Himself to
2. A Theory that Denies the First Cause - E.g Big Fraud Theory : evidently some kind of mistake that just happened for no plausible reason .
3. Always existing universe - (No Beginning , No End ) : No purpose at all . "Dinner has been and will always be on the table , come eat and leave ."

Why not an always existing Gods? What evidence do you have to show that the universe was not created by many Gods who are not moral agents and will never reveal themselves to anybody? If i say the universe was created by a force or many forces that created and left( the way the deist) believe. What evidence do you have to show that it is not true. Why do you keep projecting your own idea of God on the universe? Even if we are to go by a single creator, why is it not Allah? You are not serious person.

What is the purpose of the universe and in what part of the universe is this purpose written?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2015
dalaman:

You kee[ saying that God exist with out providing a single evidence to back up the claim.

It can be non of the above. For example It can be many Gods, a creator God that created and died. It can be anything, we just do not know.

Are you telling me what who ever wrote the genesis creation myth was there to witness it?

Why not an always existing Gods? What evidence do you have to show that the universe was not created by many Gods who are not moral agents and will never reveal themselves to anybody? If i say the universe was created by a force or many forces that created and left( the way the deist) believe. What evidence do you have to show that it is not true. Why do you keep projecting your own idea of God on the universe? Even if we are to go by a single creator, why is it not Allah? You are not serious person.

What is the purpose of the universe and in what part of the universe is this purpose written?

Here he goes with the polytheist argument . You are really interested in winning this . You just change sides from being a hardcore -science- religion- is -absurd guy to a maybe-it-could-many-gods (religious) guy . Nevertheless this is a pertinent response , I admit.

I've addressed this before , though not cogently as I wish but how do you want me to prove to you there is one God

1. Bible
2. History
3. Common sense
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2015
dalaman:

You keep saying that God exist with out providing a single evidence to back up the claim.

Creation ... life ... universe ... miracles ... revelations ?

Are you telling me what who ever wrote the genesis creation myth was there to witness it?

Moses though not directly but from the "creation myth" you can trace his lineage .

Moses , Joshua , Luke , Matthew , John , Paul had experiences which they wrote down but because it has something to with mystical events they are seen as myths .

Trust me , the bible without God and every one even you and your crew would have embraced it without thinking twice .

You are to deduce from the bible the purpose of the universe .
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by McSterling(m): 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ishilove:
On a more serious note, clowning aside tongue

Johnydon22, what you are doing is trying to box God into the rational confines of the four walls of human reasoning. An exercise in futility, I must add.

You say the things you say because you do not know what you are talking about. You think you do, but you don't.

What you need is a 'Paul encounter' to open your eyes. Paul had to be blinded before he could see, and I hope God shows you mercy by 'blinding' you so that you too can see the light.

But the natural (carnal) man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned -1st Cor 2:14. KJV.
Bull.s.hit
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Ishilove: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
McSterling:
Bull.s.hit
Whatever.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by macof(m): 1:06am On Aug 31, 2015
urheme:

You just came to complicate this thread with more gods grin

Does orunmila forgives

Am sure my idea of "God" is different from yours

Anyway Orunmila doesn't even hold a grudge. ..he was known to deal with betrayal, wickedness etc so claimly like they meant nothing
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by dalaman: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Creation ... life ... universe ... miracles ... revelations ?

Non of these are evidence for any God, they are evidence for environment or evidence for the things you listed themselves. God is just your default position for I don't know.

Moses though not directly but from the "creation myth" you can trace his lineage .

Moses , Joshua , Luke , Matthew , John , Paul had experiences which they wrote down but because it has something to with mystical events they are seen as myths .

Trust me , the bible without God and every one even you and your crew would have embraced it without thinking twice .

Non of the people you mentioned where there at the beginning of the universe so why accept the stories that were written about them?

You are to deduce from the bible the purpose of the universe .

Why the bible and not the Koran or Hindu scriptures? The bible is not the oly religious book humans have invented and written and it is not better than other religious books at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by sonmvayina(m): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Warned? Oh one can only imagine what you people do to your own God concepts; You ridicule it, insult and belittle it and yet somehow still think in your minds you are are in a good path.

What sort of a universal God will have a literal burning place to punish Belief what exactly is an entity allegedly that powerful doing with your belief or worship?

Perfection needs nothing from anybody, so if you claim your God concept is perfect then it needs nothing from anybody; Not worship, reverence and acknowledgement and if this be so it clearly means your piety is useless.

But here we have it, you are showing us a God who needs worship, who needs sacrifice, acknowledgement on daily basis. . A God with chronic narcissism that needs worship so bad that it threatens people with fire should they fail to give it...Doesn't this show a childish, egoistic and abusive concept?

If you are God would you punish people based on what they believe and would your punishment be an eternal flame . . . .If "NO" then you obviously have a saner and sounder moral basis than the God you profess
[/b]

i once told a friend too this comment you just made and he said it is not about God, it was for him to get blessing from god..he know it does not add anything to god, but for him to edify himself..
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
sonmvayina:

i once told a friend too this comment you just made and he said it is not about God, it was for him to get blessing from god..he know it does not add anything to god, but for him to edify himself..
So he is dependent on the worship of an abstract concept to build himself, that is a psychological laps and a pitiable one if i am to add.

The same him will turn around and argue that you must worship or base your psychological dependency on the same abstract concept or you will get burnt forever in a fire by an ALL GOOD PERFECT GOD who burns people because they don't worship it..

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:47am On Sep 01, 2015
johnydon22:
you will get burnt forever in a fire by an ALL GOOD PERFECT GOD who burns people because they don't worship it

More nonsense that deserves being overlooked . But anyways , the way people who commit crimes are judged/convicted and thrown in prison -the same way men will be judged by an all righteous incorruptible judge - God - according to their deeds , if found guilty will be thrown into Hell .

Romans 2:6-11

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:57am On Sep 01, 2015
dalaman:

Non of these are evidence for any God, they are evidence for environment or evidence for the things you listed themselves. God is just your default position for I don't know.

Which is not an evidence of Jehovah ?

1. That He has always existed
2. That He works through miracles and instant healings which I alongside millions of people have experienced
3. That He is an almighty creator - we live in and are His creations etc

You need to start speaking for yourself and stop generalizing your insignificant ideas/concepts

Non of the people you mentioned where there at the beginning of the universe[b] so why accept the stories that were written about them[/b

There is an obvious need to re-read my post on that again

Why the bible and not the Koran or Hindu scriptures? The bible is not the oly religious book humans have invented and written and it is not better than other religious books at all.

How do you know ? Have you read all three books ?

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 7:26am On Sep 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

More nonsense that deserves being overlooked . But anyways , the way people who commit crimes are judged/convicted and thrown in prison -the same way men will be judged by an all righteous incorruptible judge - God - according to their deeds , if found guilty will be thrown into Hell .

Romans 2:6-11

Oh Good.... Justice means a punishment and fits a crime... so tell me

So a life time of bad deeds (perhaps a 100years) deserve an eternal roasting in fire...Is that justice according to you?

What is a perfect God doing with your worship, that it exhibits such childish insecurity to threaten people with a fire for belief..

If you were a God, would you have a punishment scheme that involves burning people in a literal fire forever . ? (Yes/No)

For a small fact that a human like you deems it ok for another to be roasted in a literal fire forever, shows what sick minds your religions have imbedded in you ridding you all of simple human compassion..

Such idiotic barbarism is for sick minds of which sadly enough you have just shown to possess

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 7:33am On Sep 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

2. That He works through miracles and instant healings which I alongside millions of people have experienced
3. That He is an almighty creator - we live in and are His creations etc ?
[b]These are in no way evidences but rather the claims themselves.

How can you tag claims to mean evidences, don't you know what an evidence means or you can't differentiate?

1) He always existed: This is the first claim, muslims also make this claim for Allah and Hindus too for Brahma. . But you all who make this claim will first have to prove it even is existing in the first place before claiming it always existed. . . 1st claim not an evidence

2)Miracles:. . Hahahahahahaha we all know the plays and claims other religions claim it too. . Can you get us a video of an amputated limb growing back?. . . 2nd claim not an evidence

3) That He is an almighty creator - we live in and are His creations etc ?:
3rd claim which you still cannot differentiate a claim from an evidence. .Brahma also proves we are his creation, Allah too and Zeus also. . . These are just the claims. . I am the creation of a man and a woman evidently enough and can never be denied.

So you need to go learn the difference between evidence and claims so you can stop this funny show of listing claims and tagging them evidences. . You almost killed me with laugh. .

such weak arguments
[/b]

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by dalaman: 7:39am On Sep 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

They are all evidence of Brahma the Hindu God. Jehovah should provide evidence for himself not based on other things.

Brahma has always existed

Hundreds of millions of Hindus experience the healing powers of Brahma.

3. That He is an almighty creator - we live in and are His creations etc

Brahma is the almighty creator and is the only true God. God read the Hindu scripture it is written in there.

You need to start speaking for yourself and stop generalizing your insignificant ideas/concepts

When you begin to provide objective evidence without making spurious claims then I will accept and take your statements and opinions seriously.

How do you know ? Have you read all three books ?

Yes, I have.

3 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:43am On Sep 01, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh Good.... Justice means a punishment and fits a crime... so tell me

So a life time of bad deeds (perhaps a 100years) deserve an eternal roasting in fire...Is that justice according to you?

What is a perfect God doing with your worship, that it exhibits such childish insecurity to threaten people with a fire for belief..

If you were a God, would you have a punishment scheme that involves burning people in a literal fire forever . ? (Yes/No)

For a small fact that a human like you deems it ok for another to be roasted in a literal fire forever, shows what sick minds your religions have imbedded in you ridding you all of simple human compassion..

Such idiotic barbarism is for sick minds of which sadly enough you have just shown to possess

Its your opinion you know . God hates unrighteousness and his punishment is Hell . Same way murderers are being sentenced to hanging , life imprisonment with hard labour etc . Remember , the bible said everyone will be judged according to his deed . Its not necessarily being thrown into Hell .

There have been different views and opinions about Hell . Some say you relive your worst nightmares or worst life experiences over and over and over again , forever . Whichever way , man will be judged on the last day . Whatever punishment deemed fit will be given to that person by a righteous impartial God .

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:55am On Sep 01, 2015
dalaman:

They are all evidence of Brahma the Hindu God. Jehovah should provide evidence for himself not based on other things.

Brahma has always existed

Hundreds of millions of Hindus experience the healing powers of Brahma.

Brahma is the almighty creator and is the only true God. God read the Hindu scripture it is written in there.

Ive always insisted that the wrong practice of Religion is the cause of worshiping different "Gods" . Many Religions see this Supreme Being in many ways and have different conceptions about Him - does not mean He does not exist . Dont you get it , its obviously the same supreme being but different concepts .

Yes, I have.

I believe your bro , I do

So why are you an atheist if you believe Brahma is the almighty creator and is the only true God and Hundreds of millions of Hindus experience the healing powers of Brahma?

I dont believe in evolution and you dont see me using the theory to win arguments as regards to the relation of fossils with modern man/animals

When you begin to provide objective evidence without making spurious claims then I will accept and take your statements and opinions seriously

Science has provided evidence about evolution , so why dont you agree with it ?
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 10:01am On Sep 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its your opinion you know . God hates unrighteousness and his punishment is Hell. Same way murderers are being sentenced to hanging , life imprisonment with hard labour etc . Remember , the bible said everyone will be judged according to his deed . Its not necessarily being thrown into Hell
. Two contradictory statements in one breathe, One stipulates a "hell" sentence the latter tries shifting from it..lmao, the result of arguing over someone's assumptions.

Belief is not synonymous to morality, That Allah will burn you in hell for being a christian and not muslim shows allah is an egoistic sadist.
That christia yahweh already stipulates condemnation for people who lack belief in Jesus shows an insecure monger for belief smeared in abject sadism.

Even the evilest human on earth (in terms of morals, christian crusaders who murdered millions, muslim jihadists or political dictators) do not in any way deserve to be burnt literally forever. . But such barbaric concepts as evil as it sound is always ok for sick minds. . beats me how myths control the minds of people eroding compassion. . . Only simpletons or those who lack sound independent moral basis require such sadistic concepts to instill morality

In every other religion you are heading to HELL

There have been different views and opinions about Hell . Some say you relive your worst nightmares or worst life experiences over and over and over again , forever . Whichever way , man will be judged on the last day . Whatever punishment deemed fit will be given to that person by a righteous impartial God .
You and i have quite different view of partiality because judgment based on belief or religious tilt as shown by the sick theology of religions like Christianity and Islam is anything but impartial.

A punishment that spans eternity depicts a grudge bearing entity and thus betrays chronic insecurity and injustice at it's worse

Aaaaah the Judgement, Hope you know the very first of the judgement concept is the Egyptian concept of The tribunal of Osiris of which the God Osiris is the one judging all humans.. Lets see how well that will work since you obviously disbelieves Osiris.

Religion since time has never ceased to relay idiotic notions of Apocalypse and judgement which in turn has never ceased to fail.. Look down historical timeline to learn them smiley

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:35am On Sep 01, 2015
johnydon22:
. [b][i]Two contradictory statements in one breathe, One stipulates a "hell" sentence the latter tries shifting from it..lmao, the result of arguing over someone's assumptions.

Not assumptions . Many people including me are yet to grasp the concept of Hell . Those statements - me trying to accommodate my reservations and perhaps the reality of Hell

Belief is not synonymous to morality, That Allah will burn you in hell for being a christian and not muslim shows allah is an egoistic sadist.
That christia yahweh already stipulates condemnation for people who lack belief in Jesus shows an insecure monger for belief smeared in abject sadism.

Nonsense . It is not His will that you should be thrown in Hell . He has come that you might have life and have it abundantly . You have your whole life to decide if you want to be in Hell or not . Who says all Muslims would be thrown into Hell ? God is a wise being you know

Even the evilest human on earth (in terms of morals, christian crusaders who murdered millions, muslim jihadists or political dictators) do not in any way deserve to be burnt literally forever. . But such barbaric concepts as evil as it sound is always ok for sick minds. . beats me how myths control the minds of people eroding compassion. . . Only simpletons or those who lack sound independent moral basis require such sadistic concepts to instill morality

Lol . People dont do things because of the detrimental effect of the consequence of their actions . Its reality . When you were kid did you do things because of the respect you had for your parents ? You know the outcome of your puerile actions , you adhere to mama's instructions wink. Social vices , crimes have their punishments when people engage in them .

And stop playing dumb . Do you have sympathy for terrorists , murderers , thieves when they are being sentenced to life imprisonments etc

In every other religion you are heading to HELL
Wrong practice of religion gives the illusion of different "Hells "

You and i have quite different view of partiality because judgment based on belief or religious tilt as shown by the sick theology of religions like Christianity and Islam is anything but impartial. A punishment that spans eternity depicts a grudge bearing entity and thus betrays chronic insecurity and injustice at it's worse

How about making use of the Holy Spirit ? A guide

Aaaaah the Judgement, Hope you know the very first of the judgement concept is the Egyptian concept of The tribunal of Osiris of which the God Osiris is the one judging all humans.. Lets see how well that will work since you obviously disbelieves Osiris.

Your point ?

Religion since time has never ceased to relay idiotic notions of Apocalypse and judgement which in turn has never ceased to fail.. Look down historical timeline to learn them smiley

Science has its idiotic notions of Apocalypse , genesis and formation of life a . I dont see you mocking them when these issues are being discussed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by urheme: 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ishilove:

You see the problem is that 'religion' as we know it is inherently flawed. Religion is a creation of man, and hence it is being abused by human beings who use it to perpetuate their insidious purposes. Humans are now more religious, rather than spiritual.

So which one is a way to God
Religions or spirituality and how do you define spirituality in relation to a God
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

So which one is a way to God
Religions or spirituality and how do you define spirituality in relation to a God
Most religions say Jesus was a great teacher or prophet. So focus on that great teacher. Until you do, God will remain a blur. Consider a worst-case scenario. Suppose another religion were right and instead of following that religion, I became a Christian. Many
religions would say the Christian life is reasonably moral.So, according to them,
although I would miss top spot, my life after death would be fairly comfortable. A few claim that if I ignored their religion, after death I'll cease to exist. I
can handle that. Some say I'd get another chance through reincarnation. That's not too bad. But, relative to almost all religions, Jesus increased the
stakes enormously. If he is right and I ignore him, the consequences are unthinkable. In addition, unlike most other religions,Jesus leaves his believers certain that they will enter heaven. Other religions typically place so many
requirements on their adherents before they could be considered worthy of heaven that their followers endure a
lifetime of uncertainty as to whether they have met those requirements.

To determine if Jesus' teaching is from God requires divine insight. Whether God grants a person this spiritual
understanding hinges on a single factor. That critical factor,said Jesus, is your willingness to obey God (John 7:17). Why
should God brother to open your eyes to spiritual truth if you are unwilling to respond to that truth? Yet, few of us are
prepared to pay that price. It involves a willingness to relinquish our hopes and
dreams for the future, to forego our pet sins and anything else God may ask.

Such abandonment seems crazy until we consider who God is. The God who made and sustains the entire universe is the source of all knowledge, moral goodness and love. That means he is good, he is trustworthy, he has our best
interest at heart,he is wiser than us and he loves us more than we love ourselves. Obeying God is the smartest
thing anyone could ever do. Until we acknowledge this and are willing to obey God, we obviously don't want God in our lives. We might want him as our
slave, or as a curiosity, but not as God.If so, why should God waste time giving us the spiritual discernment to know whether Jesus is the only way to God? Until we rectify this, we can expect God to let us remain spiritually confused, subject to the deceptive powers of anti-
God influences, unable to determine which religion is right.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by urheme: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
Most religions say Jesus was a great teacher or prophet. So focus on that great teacher. Until you do, God will remain a blur. Consider a worst-case scenario. Suppose another religion were right and instead of following that religion, I became a Christian. Many
religions would say the Christian life is reasonably moral.So, according to them,
although I would miss top spot, my life after death would be fairly comfortable. A few claim that if I ignored their religion, after death I'll cease to exist. I
can handle that. Some say I'd get another chance through reincarnation. That's not too bad. But, relative to almost all religions, Jesus increased the
stakes enormously. If he is right and I ignore him, the consequences are unthinkable. In addition, unlike most other religions,Jesus leaves his believers certain that they will enter heaven. Other religions typically place so many
requirements on their adherents before they could be considered worthy of heaven that their followers endure a
lifetime of uncertainty as to whether they have met those requirements.

To determine if Jesus' teaching is from God requires divine insight. Whether God grants a person this spiritual
understanding hinges on a single factor. That critical factor,said Jesus, is your willingness to obey God (John 7:17). Why
should God brother to open your eyes to spiritual truth if you are unwilling to respond to that truth? Yet, few of us are
prepared to pay that price. It involves a willingness to relinquish our hopes and
dreams for the future, to forego our pet sins and anything else God may ask.

Such abandonment seems crazy until we consider who God is. The God who made and sustains the entire universe is the source of all knowledge, moral goodness and love. That means he is good, he is trustworthy, he has our best
interest at heart,he is wiser than us and he loves us more than we love ourselves. Obeying God is the smartest
thing anyone could ever do. Until we acknowledge this and are willing to obey God, we obviously don't want God in our lives. We might want him as our
slave, or as a curiosity, but not as God.If so, why should God waste time giving us the spiritual discernment to know whether Jesus is the only way to God? Until we rectify this, we can expect God to let us remain spiritually confused, subject to the deceptive powers of anti-
God influences, unable to determine which religion is right.

Just tell us what religion is right and correct since you have the spirit of discernment.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

Just tell us what religion is right and correct since you have the spirit of discernment.
follow Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by urheme: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
follow Jesus.

The character called jesus is not a religion, and he did no die to give you religion, his philosophy i respect, his teachings i know, i also know that Jesus is irreligious.
Jesus was a freedom fighter, a revolutionarist, he came to free you from the bondage of religion created by men.

Am sure you have sold all your belongings and giving to the poor "follow jesus" that is what it means.

2 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

The character called jesus is not a religion, and he did no die to give you religion, his philosophy i respect, his teachings i know, i also know that Jesus is irreligious.
Jesus was a freedom fighter, a revolutionarist, he came to free you from the bondage of religion created by men.

Am sure you have sold all your belongings and giving to the poor "follow jesus" that is what it means.
christ is more than what you described Him as, to be a follower of christ, is like this:

"It's like two dogs, a black dog and a white dog, fighting inside of me." and the one that is winning is the one I FEED the most"

The points is that, the sinner's and the saint's believe in Jesus teaching, but who among this two feed on His teaching the most ? I believe you know the answer to this question. Sinner's or saint's? If you are not a "saint's" than you must be an "ants".
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by scarred9jan(m): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
plaetton:

And a computer SCIENCE STUDENT who mocks SCIENCE is what? shocked

Lol.
Made Only in Nigeria.

No wonder they are saying that majority of Nigerian graduates are simply unemployable.

you can imagine...
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:59am On Oct 26, 2015
plaetton:

In my opinion, evangelical christianity is the greatest mental scurge in Africa, because, it's mentally debilitating effects can take 1 thousand years to undo.

According to Wikipedia : 2.3 million people have been displaced by the conflict since May 2013. 250,000 have left Nigeria and fled into Cameroon, Chad or Niger. Boko Haram has killed more than 17,000 people since 2009, including over 10,000 in 2014.

Including raping underage girls and even pregnant women and other horrendous crimes against humanity

But He has so much hate for the "Christian God" . He hates people who are armed with an in depth knowledge of the word of God and the bible , spreading the gospel of peace and love and persuading people to adhere to sound doctrine and the teachings of Jesus Christ

Oh Plaetton , why do you so much despise this man of peace embarassed lipsrsealed

cc: winner01

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by winner01(m): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

According to Wikipedia : 2.3 million people have been displaced by the conflict since May 2013. 250,000 have left Nigeria and fled into Cameroon, Chad or Niger. Boko Haram has killed more than 17,000 people since 2009, including over 10,000 in 2014.

Including raping underage girls and even pregnant women and other horrendous crimes against humanity

But He has so much hate for the "Christian God" . He hates people who are armed with an in depth knowledge of the word of God and the bible , spreading the gospel of peace and love and persuading people to adhere to sound doctrine and the teachings of Jesus Christ

Oh Plaetton , why do you so much despise this man of peace embarassed lipsrsealed

cc: winner01
Plaetton is confused, he clearly hates Jesus, His Lord.
Nice one bro.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
winner01:
Plaetton is confused, he clearly hates Jesus, His Lord.
Nice one bro.

Lol ...thanks man
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by geesampower(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ishilove:

You see the problem is that 'religion' as we know it is inherently flawed. Religion is a creation of man, and hence it is being abused by human beings who use it to perpetuate their insidious purposes. Humans are now more religious, rather than spiritual.
All a matter of time. You will see the bigger picture
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by PastorAIO: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you find it hard to forgive your enemy, why not look for a gun and kill him, no God will hold you accountable for your sin .

The morality of Jesus was so far ahead of its time that 2,000 years after Jesus brought it to this planet, modern society is still no closer to attaining it. 'Go the extra mile . . . bless those who curse you. . . Turned the other cheek . . . It is more blessed to give than to receive . . .' Present day morality, with its crude focus upon observable behavior rather than HEART attitude, is hopelessly primitive and out of touch with reality.

I thought the example was about seeking forgiveness after you wronged somebody not wreaking vengeance because somebody wronged you. The subject in the example was in need of forgiveness not in the position of forgiving, or finding it hard to forgive. How should someone go about seeking forgiveness? By seeking restitution with the person you wronged? Or by going into his room to ask for God's forgiveness while the person he wronged remains wounded by his actions?

Sorry if I sound pedantic, but this distortion in the reasoning was niggling at me.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
PastorAIO:

I thought the example was about seeking forgiveness after you wronged somebody not wreaking vengeance because somebody wronged you. The subject in the example was in need of forgiveness not in the position of forgiving, or finding it hard to forgive. How should someone go about seeking forgiveness? By seeking restitution with the person you wronged? Or by going into his room to ask for God's forgiveness while the person he wronged remains wounded by his actions?

Sorry if I sound pedantic, but this distortion in the reasoning was niggling at me.
long time bro. I was referring to the op, the op seems disturb with the issue of forgiveness.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by hopefulLandlord: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria / Is Smoking A Sin? / Bishop Oyedepo's Caananland: Are The Shapes Demonic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.